Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Introduce yourself to the community

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the South Africa community of practice! My name is Jason and I’m a community manager here at Philanthropy University.

Please use this topic to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

V
    S
    4 Replies
  • Vongai here! I live in Johannesburg. I am the director and country host for EntreLaunch, South Africa. I hope to connect with cool people with similar interests.

1 Reply
  • @vongai said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Vongai here! I live in Johannesburg. I am the director and country host for EntreLaunch, South Africa. I hope to connect with cool people with similar interests.

Hey Vongai! Great to have you here :)

Can you share some more about EntreLaunch? What does the organization do? What are its initiatives in South Africa?

• Welcome @SandileNtombela to the South Africa Community of Practice!

Can you share with @vongai and others a bit about yourself? Where in South Africa do you live? What sort of work do you do?

• Hi my name is Stephanie Press and I am from Johannesburg South Africa, I am a volunteer for an organisation that takes care of children that are HIV/AID positive. I enrolled so that I can meet like minded people

1 Reply
  • @stephanie said in Introduce yourself to the community:
    Hi Stephanie,
    I am Sandile From Durban and I founded an Organisation Called South African Jump Rope Federation it a sport federation that trying to change kids lives by exposing them to the sport and giving them opportunities to socialize with other kids and even go to participate international.
    Maybe you and I one day can work together :-) www.sajrf.org

Kind Regards
    Sandile Ntombela

• @jason said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi Everyone,

I am Sandile Ntombela from Durban and I am involved in an organisation that I founded with a few Colleagues called South African Jump Rope Federation ( www.sajrf.org ) . I have volunteered with many other Organisations in my life event worked with Love Life at some Point , Last year we at SAJRF Collaborated with the Heart and Stroke foundation doing an awareness Campaign at schools that was a success and we expanding it this year.
    we always are looking forward with organisations to collaborate with and do good for our South African people.

kind Regards
    Sandile Ntombela

• @jason said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the South Africa community of practice! My name is Jason and I’m a community manager here at Philanthropy University.

Please use this topic to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

Hello my name is Sello Moeketsi .I am South African born living in Ireland.I work independent musician .I have BA in Community Development and hope to meet new people for sharing of ideas and learning ,collaborations and new friendship.
    Currently working on a flagship project to bringing new Irish work to new global audiences and new work from SSA to the Ireland ,showcasing South Africa at events of international importance ,developing skills and leadership in the creative sector .harnessing the power of arts to promote cultural mobility between Ireland and SSA

• Hi Everyone

Just joining PhilU today. I'm based in Johannesburg. I run The Princesses Foundation focused on empowering girls and young women in the areas of leadership, entrepreneurship, education, self worth and community engagement. I also sit on the board for eKasi Entrepreneurs, an NGO focused on supporting and growing township business

1 Reply
  • Hi everyone , My name is Tapiwa. I am currently based in Johannesburg. I am a Programme Manager in the Implementation Science department of Wits Reproductive Health & HIV Institute. I have joined this community so that I can share my experiences and also learn from likeminded people in the field of human development and reproductive health and HIV.

1 Reply
  • Staff

@ntsiki said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi Everyone

Just joining PhilU today. I'm based in Johannesburg. I run The Princesses Foundation focused on empowering girls and young women in the areas of leadership, entrepreneurship, education, self worth and community engagement. I also sit on the board for eKasi Entrepreneurs, an NGO focused on supporting and growing township business

Welcome @Ntsiki , it is great to have you here!

It sounds like you have a really wonderful background focusing on empowering girls and young women and community development. Maybe you could share your knowledge with members of the Community Development discussion.

Do you have any advice for others working in the nonprofit sector in South Africa? What would you like to learn from others about their work in the country?

Thanks for introducing yourself!

• Staff

@tapiwa said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi everyone , My name is Tapiwa. I am currently based in Johannesburg. I am a Programme Manager in the Implementation Science department of Wits Reproductive Health & HIV Institute. I have joined this community so that I can share my experiences and also learn from likeminded people in the field of human development and reproductive health and HIV.

Welcome Tapiwa ( @Tapiwa ) , it is great to have you here!

It is really wonderful to hear about your background doing such important work. Do you have any thoughts you would like to share with the group about working on reproductive health and HIV? Are there questions you have for others like @STEPHANIE who are also working on the issue?

Thanks for introducing yourself!

• My name is Eva and I live in Germany .However, originally I come from Slovakia. We have been in Durban, South Africa in June-July teaching programming with my fiancé. Now back in Hamburg, Germany we are building a team of IT professionals to come back to SA in June-July 2019 and teach basics in programming skills in Durban and Cape Town.

1 Reply
  • Staff

@eva said in Introduce yourself to the community:

My name is Eva and I live in Germany .However, originally I come from Slovakia. We have been in Durban, South Africa in June-July teaching programming with my fiancé. Now back in Hamburg, Germany we are building a team of IT professionals to come back to SA in June-July 2019 and teach basics in programming skills in Durban and Cape Town.

Welcome Eva ( @Eva ), so wonderful to have you here!

Thank you for introducing yourself.

That sounds like a great program. Could you give us more details? Are there any questions you want to ask the community about nonprofit work within South Africa?

@Vongai @STEPHANIE @SandileNtombela @Sello @Ntsiki @Tapiwa do you have any advice or thoughts or questions to share with Eva?

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.