Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• administrators

Introduce yourself to the community

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Philippines community of practice! My name is Jason and I’m a community manager here at Philanthropy University.

Please use this topic to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

R
    A
    E
    J
    4 Replies
  • administrators

Welcome @reydaguitera! Great to have you as the first member of the Philippines community of practice :)

Can you share some about yourself with the community? Where in the Philippines do you live? What sort of work does Bakhita Canossa Foundation do? What is your role?

R
    1 Reply
  • Introduction%20to%20Fundraising-PhilanthropyU-Fundraising_101-1_1.0_20180402_20180422

@jason said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Welcome @reydaguitera! Great to have you as the first member of the Philippines community of practice :)

Can you share some about yourself with the community? Where in the Philippines do you live? What sort of work does Bakhita Canossa Foundation do? What is your role?

Our office is in Quezon city . our foundation is supporting the mission and formation of a religious congregation. We are new to this initiative thus we are still really learning how we can run this foundation that is more sustainable, efficient and effective for our recipients. Currently I am appointed as the director of the foundation.

• administrators

@reydaguitera said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Our office is in Quezon city . our foundation is supporting the mission and formation of a religious congregation. We are new to this initiative thus we are still really learning how we can run this foundation that is more sustainable, efficient and effective for our recipients. Currently I am appointed as the director of the foundation.

I'm sure starting a new foundation is a big challenge, but how exciting to be there from the beginning! What are the biggest challenges that you are facing thus far as the Director of the foundation?

If you haven't already, I'd encourage you to also join the Community for Religion-focused organizations.

• Introduction%20to%20Fundraising-PhilanthropyU-Fundraising_101-1_1.0_20180402_20180422

Hello everyone, am Jo Tagle, I am the current OIC of the Office of the President of the Cordillera College in La Trinidad, Benguet. I have been enrolled in a course here at Philanthropy Philippines, Omnipreneur. I enjoyed it and learned a lot, hence, I joined this community in the hope of learning and updating myself with new trends, inputs. As a college, we hope to make an impact in the lives of the indigenous peoples in the Cordillera Region.

1 Reply
  • Essentials%20of%20Nonprofit%20Strategy-PhilanthropyU-Strategy_000-1_1.0_20180402_20180527

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Philippines community of practice! My name is Jason and I’m a community manager here at Philanthropy University.

Please use this topic to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

Good day everyone!

My name is Rose, we run a small business in Manila. I hope through our business we can make a positive impact on the lives of our customers and employees and am thankful for the opportunity for learning and coaching provided by philanthropy university.

1 Reply
  • Essentials%20of%20Nonprofit%20Strategy-PhilanthropyU-Strategy_000-1_1.0_20180402_20180527

Hi everyone,

Hello,
    My name is Judiluz G. Tudio from Novaliches Quezon,City. I work in Binondo, Manila. My role is a secretary of a private trading company. I choose to join this community because I believe that I can gain knowledge, skills and ability to develop ourselves and as well as our community.

1 Reply

Hi everyone,

Please use this topic to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. *What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

Hello My name is Arah Lorico from Quezon City. I am working in Binondo Manila as a office staff of a trading company. I chose to join this community because I want to gather more ideas that I can use to improve myself and my community.

1 Reply
  • Human%20Capital%20Strategy-Acumen-HumanCapital_101-1_1.0_20180416_20180527

Good Morning!

I’m Bang Geonzon. I’m from Novaliches, QC and am a BPO professional but currently on leave from the workforce to complete my graduate studies. I am residing outside of the PH but will be back by end of this year. I joined this community because of a childhood dream of forming a charitable foundation. I am looking at building a library and arts center in my mom’s hometown in Anda, Bohol in the next 3-5 years, and need this course to help me in making this plan a reality.

I’m glad to see a PH community here and I hope to learn from each of you. I’ll be happy to extend help also wherever and whenever possible.

1 Reply
  • administrators

@jo said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hello everyone, am Jo Tagle, I am the current OIC of the Office of the President of the Cordillera College in La Trinidad, Benguet. I have been enrolled in a course here at Philanthropy Philippines, Omnipreneur. I enjoyed it and learned a lot, hence, I joined this community in the hope of learning and updating myself with new trends, inputs. As a college, we hope to make an impact in the lives of the indigenous peoples in the Cordillera Region.

Welcome Jo! Great to have you here. Can you share more about how Cordillera College is supporting indigenous peoples in the region?

Also, if you have any resources / websites / files that you think will be valuable to other Filipino CSOs, I encourage you to share them in the best practices post :)

• administrators

@rosecheung said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi everyone,

Good day everyone!

My name is Rose, we run a small business in Manila. I hope through our business we can make a positive impact on the lives of our customers and employees and am thankful for the opportunity for learning and coaching provided by philanthropy university.

Welcome Rose :) Great to have you here. Are you currently taking any of our courses?

Also, if you have any resources / websites / files that you think will be valuable to other Filipino CSOs, I encourage you to share them in the best practices post :)

R
    1 Reply
  • administrators

@adocek said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi everyone,

Hello,
    My name is Judiluz G. Tudio from Novaliches Quezon,City. I work in Binondo, Manila. My role is a secretary of a private trading company. I choose to join this community because I believe that I can gain knowledge, skills and ability to develop ourselves and as well as our community.

Welcome Judiluz! Great to have so many people in the private sector joining this community to support those around them. Do you have any involvement with community organizations?

• administrators

@arahbells said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi everyone,

Please use this topic to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. *What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

Hello My name is Arah Lorico from Quezon City. I am working in Binondo Manila as a office staff of a trading company. I chose to join this community because I want to gather more ideas that I can use to improve myself and my community.

Welcome Arah! Do you and @adocek know each other? Seems like you have very similar bios :)

• administrators

@emdgeon said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Good Morning!

I’m Bang Geonzon. I’m from Novaliches, QC and am a BPO professional but currently on leave from the workforce to complete my graduate studies. I am residing outside of the PH but will be back by end of this year. I joined this community because of a childhood dream of forming a charitable foundation. I am looking at building a library and arts center in my mom’s hometown in Anda, Bohol in the next 3-5 years, and need this course to help me in making this plan a reality.

I’m glad to see a PH community here and I hope to learn from each of you. I’ll be happy to extend help also wherever and whenever possible.

Welcome Bang! Great to have you here. What a beautiful goal you have of building a library in your mother's hometown. What are you studying for your graduate studies?

Hi everyone,

Good day everyone!

Welcome Rose :) Great to have you here. Are you currently taking any of our courses?

Hello! Sorry for the very delayed reply. I am taking only one course, "Essentials of Non-Profit Stategies," by Paul Brest. This is actually my second time in taking this, but would return to this when I need a thinking board to work with.

1 Reply
  • administrators

Hi everyone,

Good day everyone!

Hello! Sorry for the very delayed reply. I am taking only one course, "Essentials of Non-Profit Stategies," by Paul Brest. This is actually my second time in taking this, but would return to this when I need a thinking board to work with.

Ah, a returning Philanthropy University learner! Even better :)

What have you thought of the re-designed version of "Essentials of Non-Profit Strategies" compared to the old version on our previous website?

• Planning%20for%20Monitoring%20and%20Evaluation-FHI360-MonitoringEvaluation_101-2_1.4_20180625_20180805

HI! I'm Sarah Mae, and i live in Antipolo Rizal i am a part timer as a tutor and i'm grateful to join here. i would like to enhance my skills and moreover get another knowledge that i can use in making my business and as an Sk kagawad.

• Planning%20for%20Monitoring%20and%20Evaluation-FHI360-MonitoringEvaluation_101-3_1.8_20180903_20181014

Hi everyone,

Good Day to all! I'm JK. I am currently working in a private university in Bicol Region. I choose to join this community because I want learn with other fellows/ colleagues who wants to advocate education, environment, and empowerment in their own community.

1 Reply
  • administrators

Welcome to the Philanthropy University Communities of Practice @johnkyle JK!

If you have any immediate questions or an article to share that might start a discussion, reply back or start a new topic and let's share.

You might also be interested in asking questions or sharing in these specific spaces:

Education Community of Practice

Environment Community of Practice

• Hello everyone! I am Jennifer Glenn Jansalin, Eastern Visayas training coordinator of Awana Organization Philippines, Inc. I have been working in this children and youth ministry organization for the past five years. Our main office is in Makati City but I am stationed here in Baybay City, Leyte. A huge part of my work is training teachers, ministry workers and church leaders on effective and efficient ministering to children and youth through relevant programs (curriculum, events, other strategies). Alongside this task, I also monitor our Awana Club centers around Eastern Visayas.
    I have finished 5 certificate courses already last 2016, and I am here again to review myself and to develop myself more and help our organization.

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.