Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Introduce yourself to the community

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Pakistan community of practice! My name is Jason and I’m a community manager here at Philanthropy University.

Please use this topic to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

S
    E
    S
    I
    4 Replies
  • Welcome @manof, @taj-muhammad, @suleman, @waqasaeed, @heraa, and @nooruddin!

Where in Pakistan do you all live? What sort of work do you do?

• Hello friends! My name is Munir Ahmed I have just just joined the community to learn from the experiences of philanthropists and academia.

1 Reply
  • Thank you, Jason! My name is Palwasha and I live in Quetta, Pakistan. I've volunteered for hospital several years ago. Nowadays, I am involved in work related to education and technology. I aim to empower the people in my area with knowledge that I have gained so far!

S
    2 Replies
  • Hello! I am Suleman and based in Lahore, PAKISTAN. In my past life i was a corporate executive. About a little over a year back i started my Entrepreneurship journey with the mission to create jobs, address social problems and add sustainable value to the benefit of our Global Village. Along the way and in addition to my other ventures, i joined a Nonprofit (Pakistan Cold Chain Development Company) as its Program Director. On one end my role is to reinvigorate the organisation while making sure that we are truly living our vision statement. One of the main purpose of joining this community besides networking is to exchange ideas, capacity building and to gain from the collective wisdom of the global reach. Cheers to all!

1 Reply
  • Hi folks!
    This is Aziz Hassan from ancient city of Multan. Working in Karachi with the Aga Khan Development Network since 2011. Leading Sindh & Punjab regions as Regional Program Officer. I am a humanitarian professional specialized in humanitarian program management and disaster risk reduction. I have joined many international communities to learn and improve my skills in project management and humanitarian response and same is the case with joining the philanthropy university.

1 Reply
  • @jason said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Pakistan community of practice! My name is Jason and I’m a community manager here at Philanthropy University.

Please use this topic to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

Peace Everyone, this is Muhammad Ehtesham From Islamabad, I'm student of Electrical Engineering At Air University, Islamabad, I chose this university to enhance my knowledge.

• @palwashajogezai said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Thank you, Jason! My name is Palwasha and I live in Quetta, Pakistan. I've volunteered for hospital several years ago. Nowadays, I am involved in work related to education and technology. I aim to empower the people in my area with knowledge that I have gained so far!

Hi. Palwasha. It very fine work, your are doing for community in so much backward area in Pakistan. I'd like to ask from that how may people you have involved in this work or mission?

1 Reply
  • @jason said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi everyone,

Aslam o Alaikum to All in this community. My name is Muhammad Sajjad, from Peshawar. Working in FATA University as Office Manager. Before this I was involved with education sector in backward area of KP called Serai Naurang. I'd like to learn from this community to how to use my skills for the betterment of society and needy people.

1 Reply
  • @munir_ahmed said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hello friends! My name is Munir Ahmed I have just just joined the community to learn from the experiences of philanthropists and academia.

Welcome Munir! Great to have you here. Can you share where in Pakistan you live and what work you do?

Also, if you have any resources / websites / files that you think will be valuable to other Pakistani CSOs, I encourage you to share them in the best practices post :)

• @palwashajogezai said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Thank you, Jason! My name is Palwasha and I live in Quetta, Pakistan. I've volunteered for hospital several years ago. Nowadays, I am involved in work related to education and technology. I aim to empower the people in my area with knowledge that I have gained so far!

Wonderful, welcome Palwasha! Great to have you here. What sort of work are you now doing related to education and technology?

Also, if you have any resources / websites / files that you think will be valuable to other Pakistani CSOs, I encourage you to share them in the best practices post :)

• @suleman said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hello! I am Suleman and based in Lahore, PAKISTAN. In my past life i was a corporate executive. About a little over a year back i started my Entrepreneurship journey with the mission to create jobs, address social problems and add sustainable value to the benefit of our Global Village. Along the way and in addition to my other ventures, i joined a Nonprofit (Pakistan Cold Chain Development Company) as its Program Director. On one end my role is to reinvigorate the organisation while making sure that we are truly living our vision statement. One of the main purpose of joining this community besides networking is to exchange ideas, capacity building and to gain from the collective wisdom of the global reach. Cheers to all!

Welcome Suleman! It's always inspiring to hear of former corporate executives transferring over to the non-profit sector. Can you share more about what Pakistan Cold Chain Development Company does? What is its vision statement?

Also, if you have any resources / websites / files that you think will be valuable to other Pakistani CSOs, I encourage you to share them in the best practices post

• @azizalykhan said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi folks!
    This is Aziz Hassan from ancient city of Multan. Working in Karachi with the Aga Khan Development Network since 2011. Leading Sindh & Punjab regions as Regional Program Officer. I am a humanitarian professional specialized in humanitarian program management and disaster risk reduction. I have joined many international communities to learn and improve my skills in project management and humanitarian response and same is the case with joining the philanthropy university.

Welcome Aziz! Great to have other AKF employees here in the community. What led you to do this sort of work?

If you have any resources / websites / files that you think will be valuable to other Pakistani CSOs, I encourage you to share them in the best practices post :)

• @sajjad said in Introduce yourself to the community:

@palwashajogezai said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi. Palwasha. It very fine work, your are doing for community in so much backward area in Pakistan. I'd like to ask from that how may people you have involved in this work or mission?

Great to see you and @PalwashaJogezai connect!

• @sajjad said in Introduce yourself to the community:

@jason said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi everyone,

Aslam o Alaikum to All in this community. My name is Muhammad Sajjad, from Peshawar. Working in FATA University as Office Manager. Before this I was involved with education sector in backward area of KP called Serai Naurang. I'd like to learn from this community to how to use my skills for the betterment of society and needy people.

Wa alaikum assalam Muhammad! Great to have you here and have you focused on such noble causes. Are you currently involved with any local organizations, even as a volunteer?

• Hello everyone. I am Hadiqa kayani from Jhelum, Pakistan. I have recently completed my BS(hons) in Chemistry. But the thing is i am more inclined towards business, finance, banking systems. That's why am here so that i can learn what i want to.

• Hi everyone,

I am Naveed Hussain, based in Islamabad. I work in the development sector.

• Hi everyone! Im iqra ali from islamabad.Im doing my bachelors in dentistry.I've joined this university to improve my skills,as i would like to join a non-profit organisation or have my own in future.

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.