Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Girl-led Activism and Girls as Agents of Change

All across the world, we see examples of young girls and women organising themselves to respond to the issues they and their communities face. Girl-led activism is on the rise worldwide, and girls in many countries have been recognized as crucial agents of change. But how do we support these grassroots activists? How do we ensure girl-led organisations have the resources and recognition necessary to carry out their work? We would like to see examples of how young female activists have organised themselves, how they work together and how they ensure their voices are heard across the world!

In this discussion please reflect on:

• What are the biggest challenges have you faced in organising/setting up your organisation?

• Do you believe girl-led organisations should be given specific attention and resources?

• Do you know of useful resources for girl-centred organisations on the topic of girl-led activism and how to organise themselves ?

• What innovative/interesting examples of girl-led activism have you seen in your community/region?

• What questions do you have for other organisations on the topic of girl-led activism.

• Hi,

I am looking forward to hearing about this from others but i thought i would share something i found on how girl-led activists are changing the world.
    The author begins by saying "Dozens of girls and young women in countries around the globe are proving you don’t need superpowers to fight for justice, equality and peace."

I hope you find it as interesting as i did.

Here is the link:- https://abcnews.go.com/International/girls-girl-led-activists-changing-world/story?id=50186933

Thanks,

Sylvia

S
    1 Reply
  • @snamale said in Girl-led Activism and Girls as Agents of Change:

Hi,

I am looking forward to hearing about this from others but i thought i would share something i found on how girl-led activists are changing the world.
    The author begins by saying "Dozens of girls and young women in countries around the globe are proving you don’t need superpowers to fight for justice, equality and peace."

I hope you find it as interesting as i did.

Here is the link:- https://abcnews.go.com/International/girls-girl-led-activists-changing-world/story?id=50186933

Thanks,

Sylvia

f32e4b65-8e0c-4b9f-94ab-5194c26b3e1b-image.png
    Melati Riyanto Wijsen, 14, and her sister, Isabel Sari Riyanto Wijsen, 12, started Bye Bye Plastic Bag in Bali, Indonesia. Teen members clean up roadsides, beaches, and tourist sites.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.