Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to enroll in this course? I am Emmanuel Obemeata-Aloye. I live and work as the Facility Manager in James Hope College at Obi Ikechukwu Road, Formerly Old Lagos-Asaba Road, Agbor Obi, Agbor, Delta State, Nigeria. This community will be pivotal to the experience I seek to improve my usual Projects and facility management operations with some experience and knowledge required and applicable in humanitarian operations.

1 Reply
  • @jason said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Nigeria community of practice! My name is Jason and I’m a community manager here at Philanthropy University.

Please use this topic to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

Hi everyone, my name is Charles Osuigwe, i live in Owerri Imo State, I work at Rigor Mortis Ventures, i am the Director, I chose to join this community to learn how to impact my immediate farming and village community.

1 Reply

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Nigeria community of practice! My name is Jason and I’m a community manager here at Philanthropy University.

Please use this topic to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

Hi Team,
    I am Joseph Adesokan from Nigeria. I work with a management consulting firm in Nigeria as a POBR Implementation Consultant. I am excited to be part of this great community. I am excited about learning new insightful things in this community and adding the little value I can to anyone I meet here.
    Strategy and planning helps to produce fundamental decisions and actions that shapes and guides what an organization is, who it serves, what it does, and why it does it, with a focus on the future.
    I joined Essentials of Nonprofit Strategy so I will better understand how to get the real problem one is trying to solve in many problematic areas of life and organisation.
    Looking forward to meeting great people of this community.
    Regards.

A
    2 Replies
  • @omoadesokan said in Introduce yourself to the community:

@jason said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi everyone,

Hi Team,
    I am Joseph Adesokan from Nigeria. I work with a management consulting firm in Nigeria as a POBR Implementation Consultant. I am excited to be part of this great community. I am excited about learning new insightful things in this community and adding the little value I can to anyone I meet here.
    Strategy and planning helps to produce fundamental decisions and actions that shapes and guides what an organization is, who it serves, what it does, and why it does it, with a focus on the future.
    I joined Essentials of Nonprofit Strategy so I will better understand how to get the real problem one is trying to solve in many problematic areas of life and organisation.
    Regards.

Hello all. I am Ayodeji Oyeniyi by name. I am glad to be part of this community. Looking forward to learn and meet new friends of like minds. Continuous success wishes to all. I can easily be reach via oyeniyi.ayodeji@yahoo.com

2 Replies
  • @ayodeji said in Introduce yourself to the community:

@omoadesokan said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi everyone,

Hi Team,
    Regards.

Hello all. I am Ayodeji Oyeniyi by name. I am glad to be part of this community. Looking forward to learn and meet new friends of like minds. Continuous success wishes to all. I can easily be reach via oyeniyi.ayodeji@yahoo.com

Do you wish we connect? Can I Mail you? Can we be partners? omoadesokan@gmail.com is my address.

1 Reply
  • I'm Samuel, based in Ibadan. I've been into advocacy, volunteering and social entrepreneurship for a few years now. Currently, I run a youth-led initiative that is seeking to facilitate capacity building youths for youths. The idea is mainly to bridge the gaps in employability skills, created by our education system. It's a pan-African initiative, and we currently have team members in Ghana and Nigeria. I'm here to connect with more people in similar field, and learn a few things around fund-raising and NGO coordnation.

S
    2 Replies
  • Hi everyone my name is Abubakar salihu Adam, and I'm leaving in abuja

1 Reply
  • I AM SONY .I LIVE IN ONITSHA.AM HERE TO GAIN NEW IDEAS ON PHILANTROPY.HAAPPY TO BE HERE.CURRENTLY WORKING AS MD OF FINANCIAL ADVISORY FIRM

1 Reply

Hi everyone,

My name is Charles Osuigwe. I am an agricultural business technologist. I live in Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria. I work at Rigor Mortis Ventures as the Project Manager. My role is to run the organization's business of piggery, poultry, fishery, feed production, trainings and conferences, marketing, and palm oil production, among others.
    Why I chose to join this community is to deepen my knowledge of how to connect and carry out humanitarian activities across our world. That is to offer myself to whomsoever would like to do positive things with me and my organization.
    Thank you so much.

1 Reply

Hi everyone,

I am John Oluwafemi Olla from Moniya, Ibadan, Nigeria. I work in one of the rural communities in Akinyele Local Government in Moniya as Programme Director. I am here to learn the best practice from all in the house

1 Reply
  • Good to meet you all. my name is Idowu Taiwo, I live and work in Lagos. I currently work with Marcforte Business Consulting as the Administrative Operations Executive. A volunteer for Impact Africa Foundation and many NGOs in rural communities.
    I choose to join this community to learn and network with like minds.

1 Reply
  • @bishoptjakes said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Good to meet you all. my name is Idowu Taiwo, I live and work in Lagos. I currently work with Marcforte Business Consulting as the Administrative Operations Executive. A volunteer for Impact Africa Foundation and many NGOs in rural communities.
    I choose to join this community to learn and network with like minds.

Welcome Idowu! Great to have you here :)

Can you share some more about your work with Impact Africa Foundation? Which NGOS in rural communities do you volunteer with, and what do you do with them?

• @amazing said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi everyone,

Hello, My name is Kenny and i live in Abuja Nigeria. I work in a Practice firm as a Practice administrator. I joined this community so as to learn, share ideas and network. Thanks.

Welcome Kenny! What sort of practice firm do you work at?

Also, if you have any resources / websites / files that you think will be valuable to other Nigerian CSOs, I encourage you to share them in the best practices post :)

• @bino said in Introduce yourself to the community:

hi; I'm Blessing also known as Bino in this platform I'm a Nigerian live and work in Owerri a capital city of Imo state. I do not owe an NGO yet but planing to owe and operate one in a mere future I Think I Chose the community for obvious reason I'm a Nigerian and also will like to learn and share new ideas from people, I'm confident by the time I'm through with Philanthropy university programme i will be grounded to operate an NGO which is one of my GOALS. Thanks

Welcome Bino! Great to have you here. What sort of NGO are you hoping to start?

Also, if you have any resources / websites / files that you think will be valuable to other Nigerian CSOs, I encourage you to share them in the best practices post :)

• @vinotinto said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi everyone I am Fortune by name.. It's really a pleasure joining u guys and I hope to learn more from u guys.. Thank alot

Welcome Fortune! Can you share with the community some more about who you are? Where do you live and where do you work?

• @mentor said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi everyone,

Hi! Am OLUWAFEMI AYENI

Welcome Olawafemi Ayeni! Can you share some more about where you live and where you work?

• @musabubakar said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hello everyone. I'm Musa Abubakar from Kaduna state. I studied Computer Science and I'm seeking for opportunities. Currently, I am an Ambassador for Strategy and Innovation for Development Initiative (SI4DEV), an NGO that is aimed at improving four focus areas(Health, Education, Governance and Enterprise). I am also volunteering for two other NGOs, one is aimed at taking care of the elderly by providing clothing and food to them, and the other one is working towards providing clothing, food and scholarship to vulnerable children in different orphanage homes across the country. I joined this community with a hope to boost my human relationship experience and to network with great people. Nice to meet you all. Thank you.

Wonderful, welcome Musa! Fantastic to have you here. It sounds like you're super busy between your role at SI4DEV and volunteering at the two other organizations. What are your motivations for engaging in this sort of social impact work?

• @omoniyidave12 said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Am Omoniyi David a Digital Marketing consultant for Def Resolution a Digital Marketing agency helping companies and organization attain their Digital Marketing Goals and assisting them achieve ROI via engagement Online.

Am also a Social Sector Advocate to educate and help build sustainable social business enterprise that will last for generations.

2017 Graduate of Philanthropy University Educative Initiative,a Berkeley Haas School of Business,California with a Certificate of Honor in Social Sector Leadership, with Acumen Lean Start Up for Social Sector in January to February 2018.

I intend to connect with like minds and partnership for a possible social enterprise venture that will add value to society.

Am into Digital Marketing & Advertising (B2B or B2C ) ,Website Design,Seo, Video Animation and Creation,E-Mail Marketing, Digital Currency & Ads, LinkedIn sales Navigator.

Watch My Recent Video on Video Marketing :

Why Video Marketing in 2018 1_FULL_HD (3).mp4

Or Second Youtube Version : Why You need Video Marketing in 2018

Get in touch :

Email : defresolutionz05@gmail.com

or

contactus@defresolutionz.com

+2349093222788

twitter.com/defresolutionz

Instagram.com/defresolutionz

Welcome David! Great to have you here and in other communities. Can you share more about where and how you advocate for the social sector?

• @peacelight7 said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi everyone,

Hi everyone my name is peace osazuwa, am currently living in abuja ,I work with Aisha fulani foundation. AM just here to learn more skills thanks

Welcome Peace! Can you share some more about what Aisha Fulani Foundation does?

• @anelcos said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi everyone,

Hi everyone my Names are Aniekan Harrison. I live in Lagos ,currently working with Unilever Nigeria plc
    And I believe no knowledge is a waste, that's why in all my getting I get wisdom I get Understanding. That will help me solving the problem of my community

Welcome Aniekan Harrison! Great to have you here. What are you looking to learn more about here on Philanthropy University?

• @pitah said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi everyone, my name is Peter, I live in Enugu, Nigeria. Currently not working with an NGO. I choose to join this community to meet new people with similar interest, share and exchange ideas and also to learn from each other and maybe get a job with an NGO.

Welcome Peter! Great that you're looking to work for an NGO. Why are you drawn to this work? What sort of work do you do now?

• @umary said in Introduce yourself to the community:

My name is Uloko Mary. Am please to be here to learn and to share experience

Welcome Uloko Mary! Great to have you here. Are you able to share where in Nigeria you live and what work you do?

If you have any resources / websites / files that you think will be valuable to other Nigerian CSOs, I encourage you to share them in the best practices post :)

• @edidyong said in Introduce yourself to the community:

My name is Sabastine Edidyong, I live in Jos, Plateau State of Nigeria. I work with ZeusTech. Am a co-owner with the technological organization. I chose to join this platform to grow my network and learn new skills.

Welcome Sabastine! Great to have you here. What sort of work does ZeusTech do? What skills did you come to Philanthropy University to learn?

• @walenuga said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi everyone ,I am Wale Olunuga based in Ibadan ,Oyo State , Nigeria,working to set up an NGO that will focus on Youth Agricultural development in Ijebu North East. I believe my joining this community will afford me opportunity to gain from the experiences of people that are familiar with the workings of an NGO that focusses on Agricultural development.Thank you.

Welcome Wale Olunuga! Great to have a founder of an NGO here in the group. What led you to want to start your own organization? What is its name?

If you have any resources / websites / files that you think will be valuable to other Nigerian CSOs, I encourage you to share them in the best practices post :)

• @amazingvee said in Introduce yourself to the community:

My name is Victory Onya. I live in Jos, Plateau State, Nigeria. Studying Economics in University of Jos. I work as a coordinator of the teens ministry in my church. I joined this platform to learn, share, interact and build a solid network of people that can make an impact in our country. I am not currently working with any NGO, but would love to work with one. Thank you.

Welcome Victory! Great that, even in the midst of your studies, you're already thinking about NGO work as a potential future path for you. Why are you drawn to this work?

• @idy said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi everyone,,
    My name ia Idy Moses..
    I live in Akwa Ibom state ,Uyo..
    I am a Human Capital Development Curator .
    I am here to connect with like minds to build my community work force and personal growth development.

Welcome Idy! When you say that you're a human capital development curator, what do you mean? Do you help with recruiting?

• @kweku said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Good people, my name is kweku , and I stay around ikeja Lagos Nigeria, am. An event coordinator and also food coordinator and an event planner, why I joined was becos, I. Wanted to develop my leader skills. Tank you.

Welcome Kweku! Developing leadership skills is always important, regardless of the work you do. Why is this of interest to you and your personal career path?

• @patxj said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi

My name is Patrick Essien

I am based in Lagos and presently working as a consultant at Abuja

I am an ICT Cyber security expert

Patrickessien81@gmail.com

Welcome Patrick! Can you share more about why you decided to join Philanthropy University?

• @aladdin16 said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi everyone my name is chinedu mcjohn ochu i live Lagos,Nigeria

Welcome Chinedu mcjohn ochu! Can you share with the community what you do for work?

• @gbenga_osundara said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Name: Osundara Adebayo Gbenga

Country/State: Nigeria/ Abuja

Organization: Mindset Advancing Healthcare Foundation

Designation: Founder / Executive Director

Welcome Gbenga! Great to have you here. Would you be able to share more about what Mindset Advancing Healthcare Foundation does?

• @busayoobi said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi everyone
    My name is Busayo Obisakin, President/CEO of women Inspiration Development Center, an NGO based in Ile-Ife, Nigeria working with women and Girls in challenging situation. i am pleased to be here in your midst to learn and share ideas.

Welcome Busayo! Great to have here in the community a president/CEO of an NGO with such an important mission. What led you to lead Women Inspiration Development Center?

• @profdemola said in Introduce yourself to the community:

@profdemola said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi everyone,

Hi, trust you are all doing well. I'm Ademola, I live in Lagos, I work as a consultant in Human Resource and Organizational Development. I also teach and carry out capacity Building both in Secular and Sacred institutions. I Pastor a Church in Lagos also. I joined this community seeking networking and synergy building.

@Jason trust you are doing well. I'm having some connection issues here hence finding it difficult to submit the assessment for module 2. I keep getting "We're sorry there was an error in processing your request. Please try reloading your page and trying again later" Kindly assist from back end. Thanks

Hi Ademola! My apologies for the delayed response. For issues such as these that relate to the course experience, I suggest that you ask the question on the course discussion board.

Were you able to find a solution for your problem?

• @joey said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hello everyone. My name is Joseph Ejila from Nigeria. I am not currently working with any organization but would love to work for one. I joined this platform to learn, share and connect.

Welcome Joseph! Where in Nigeria do you live? Why are you interested in working for an NGO?

• @yakubuadamu said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hello everyone. My name is Yakubu Adamu from Nigeria. I am currently working with Local organization in nigeria. That's why I joined this platform to learn, more share and connect.

Welcome Yakubu Adamu! Great to have you here. What's the local organization that you're working with? What's your role?

• @swamm1914 said in Introduce yourself to the community:

I'm James Dexter and new here , I'm not yet working but got a national diploma in marketing so I wish I can find someone here to broaden my ideas and bless my reason here .
    I seek nothing but good friendship and trusty pals. Im in yaba Lagos .

Welcome James! Great to have you here, and congratulations on your diploma! What are your plans next?

• @goingaloe said in Introduce yourself to the community:

What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to enroll in this course? I am Emmanuel Obemeata-Aloye. I live and work as the Facility Manager in James Hope College at Obi Ikechukwu Road, Formerly Old Lagos-Asaba Road, Agbor Obi, Agbor, Delta State, Nigeria. This community will be pivotal to the experience I seek to improve my usual Projects and facility management operations with some experience and knowledge required and applicable in humanitarian operations.

Welcome Emmanuel! Wonderful to have you here. Great that you understand the applicability of humanitarian operations to other sorts of operational work. How has your experience on Philanthropy University been so far?

• @agrikmasters said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi everyone,

Hi everyone, my name is Charles Osuigwe, i live in Owerri Imo State, I work at Rigor Mortis Ventures, i am the Director, I chose to join this community to learn how to impact my immediate farming and village community.

Welcome Charles! Great to have you here. Can you share more with the community what Rigor Mortis Ventures does?

@ayodeji said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi everyone,

Hi Team,
    Regards.

Do you wish we connect? Can I Mail you? Can we be partners? omoadesokan@gmail.com is my address.

Hope you two were able to connect! :)

Hi everyone,

Hi Team,
    Regards.

Wonderful, welcome Joseph! Great to have you here. In your work as an Implementation Consultant, what sort of organizations do you work with?

1 Reply
  • @ayodeji said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi everyone,

Hi Team,
    Regards.

Welcome Ayodeji! Can you share where in Nigeria you live and what sort of work you do?

• @samueloduoye said in Introduce yourself to the community:

I'm Samuel, based in Ibadan. I've been into advocacy, volunteering and social entrepreneurship for a few years now. Currently, I run a youth-led initiative that is seeking to facilitate capacity building youths for youths. The idea is mainly to bridge the gaps in employability skills, created by our education system. It's a pan-African initiative, and we currently have team members in Ghana and Nigeria. I'm here to connect with more people in similar field, and learn a few things around fund-raising and NGO coordnation.

Welcome Samuel! Your initiative to have youth-led support capacity building for youths sounds incredible. How did you come to lead this organization?

• @abusadeeq said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi everyone my name is Abubakar salihu Adam, and I'm leaving in abuja

Welcome Abubakar! Can you share with the group some about what your work?

• @sony said in Introduce yourself to the community:

I AM SONY .I LIVE IN ONITSHA.AM HERE TO GAIN NEW IDEAS ON PHILANTROPY.HAAPPY TO BE HERE.CURRENTLY WORKING AS MD OF FINANCIAL ADVISORY FIRM

Welcome Sony! Can you share some more of what your Financial Advisory Firm works on? Does it work with local civil society organizations at all?

• @agrikmasters said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi everyone,

My name is Charles Osuigwe. I am an agricultural business technologist. I live in Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria. I work at Rigor Mortis Ventures as the Project Manager. My role is to run the organization's business of piggery, poultry, fishery, feed production, trainings and conferences, marketing, and palm oil production, among others.
    Why I chose to join this community is to deepen my knowledge of how to connect and carry out humanitarian activities across our world. That is to offer myself to whomsoever would like to do positive things with me and my organization.
    Thank you so much.

Welcome Charles! Glad to see you're not the only one here from Rigor Mortis Ventures :) Why are you interested in learning more about humanitarian activities across the world?

Hi everyone,

Hi Team,
    Regards.

Wonderful, welcome Joseph! Great to have you here. In your work as an Implementation Consultant, what sort of organizations do you work with?

I work with Solina Health, in partnership with Borno State Primary Health Care Development Agency, UNICEF, WHO, CDC and eHealth Africa on Eradication of Polio in Nigeria. I am working in Borno State.

• @bisi said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hello Everyone.
    Am Olabisi. I live in Sokoto State, Currently working in an Humanitarian Organization (MSF-H) Fin/Hr Assistant. I joined this community to learn more and for knowledge sharing from the both ways. Am happy there is a community like this one.

Thanks and warm regards

Welcome Olabisi...

My name is Sabastine Edidyong, I live in Jos, Plateau State of Nigeria. I work with ZeusTech. Am a co-owner with the technological organization. I chose to join this platform to grow my network and learn new skills.

Zeustech is a technological organization in advanced computing especially computer programming and coding. Am here to learn how to identify causes of problems and possible approaches to solving it.

1 Reply

@edidyong said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Zeustech is a technological organization in advanced computing especially computer programming and coding. Am here to learn how to identify causes of problems and possible approaches to solving it.

Nice

• Hello everyone, my is Gift. I live in Lagos, Nigeria. I'm glad to be a member of this organization. I recently graduated from the University of Benin. I joined this platform so as to improve my skills, get to meet other learners and I'm hoping to have a wonderful experience.

E
    2 Replies
  • Hello everyone, My name is Hammanjoda Sadiq Yero, From Jalingo Taraba State. I am a student Of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Bauchi, studying Management and information technology. I look forward to gaining useful and helpful knowledge, and meeting new people and opportunities.

1 Reply
  • Hello guys!
    My name is Victor.... I'm the CEO of Centre for Behavioral Change Nigeria (CBCN). I live and work in Abuja.

At CBCN, we are committed to overall change in behavior across all facets and sectors of the government, private sector, community, family and individuals, through increased orientation and social awareness, continuous persuasions, reward for good works and use of role models.

I'm happy to be part of this community at Philanthropy University, and I look forward to robust and quality discussions that will further enhance our work and support the growth of our country.

Thank you

Victor../

1 Reply

Hi everyone,

Hi

Hi everyone,

Am oluwatosin by name
    Am a student of National Open University of Nigeria
    Studying computer science

1 Reply

Hi everyone,

Hi! I am Kemi Adekoya. I live in Lagos and I'm not employed presently but I do volunteer jobs. I joined this community to learn from the community and share ideas. Thanks.

1 Reply
  • @gift said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hello everyone, my is Gift. I live in Lagos, Nigeria. I'm glad to be a member of this organization. I recently graduated from the University of Benin. I joined this platform so as to improve my skills, get to meet other learners and I'm hoping to have a wonderful experience.

Welcome Gift and congratulations on graduating from university! A great accomplishment.

What brought you to Philanthropy University? Are you interested in or planning on working for a non-profit organization in the future?

• @deyeros said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hello everyone, My name is Hammanjoda Sadiq Yero, From Jalingo Taraba State. I am a student Of Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University Bauchi, studying Management and information technology. I look forward to gaining useful and helpful knowledge, and meeting new people and opportunities.

Welcome Yero! Great to have you here :)

Similar to my question for @Gift , what are your plans for the future? Are you looking for work for an NGO?

• @cepin said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hello guys!
    My name is Victor.... I'm the CEO of Centre for Behavioral Change Nigeria (CBCN). I live and work in Abuja.

At CBCN, we are committed to overall change in behavior across all facets and sectors of the government, private sector, community, family and individuals, through increased orientation and social awareness, continuous persuasions, reward for good works and use of role models.

I'm happy to be part of this community at Philanthropy University, and I look forward to robust and quality discussions that will further enhance our work and support the growth of our country.

Thank you

Victor../

Welcome Victor! Great as always to have a CEO here in the community. Are there others from your organization on Philanthropy University?

It sounds like CBCN is tackling some very big but very important challenges, which is awesome. Can you share more about what specific programs CBCN employs to tackle these challenges?

• @tosinesther53 said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi everyone,

Hi

Hi everyone,

Am oluwatosin by name
    Am a student of National Open University of Nigeria
    Studying computer science

Welcome Oluwatosin! Can you share some more about yourself? Why did you decide to join Philanthropy University?

• @kemikoya said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi everyone,

Hi! I am Kemi Adekoya. I live in Lagos and I'm not employed presently but I do volunteer jobs. I joined this community to learn from the community and share ideas. Thanks.

Welcome Kemi! Great to have you here.

What sort of organizations are you volunteering at? What sort of issues are you interested in?

• @gift said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hello everyone, my is Gift. I live in Lagos, Nigeria. I'm glad to be a member of this organization. I recently graduated from the University of Benin. I joined this platform so as to improve my skills, get to meet other learners and I'm hoping to have a wonderful experience.

Hello Gift...
    Am Sabastine Edidyong, let's connect on WhatsApp, here is my number: 08105339566

• Hi Everyone my name is Babatunde Ibikunle from Kano. I work with eHealth Africa an NGO Based in Kano with offices all over Africa and the northern part of Nigeria, I am a Senior Associate at the supply chain Department where i also double as the Warehouse coordinator. I reside in Kano. I choose to join this community because I am a Nigerian and i reside in Nigeria. I hope to learn a lot from This Forum. Thank you

1 Reply
  • Hello everyone! My name is Tominiyi, I live in Lagos Nigeria and I work with a property development company as a sales consultant. I decided to join the community in other to meet new people and to rob minds together. Thanks!

1 Reply
  • Hello great Nigerians. I am Glory Amarachi Brendan, I am currently in Abuja. I am the co-founder and chief executive of Development Impact Pathfinders Initiative, a non governmental organisation that engages, empowers and collaborates with young people to develop innovative solutions that contribute to achieving sustainable development in Nigeria and beyond. Our mission is to build a new community of active young leaders, development champions and co-creators of innovations for achieving sustainable environment and development. Our website is www.devimpath.org. Facebook: www.facebook.com/devimpath

I am also the managing director of Future Green Environmental Services Limited, an environmental management and consulting company based in Abuja. I have a masters degree in Environmental Sciences with specialisation in environmental planning and management. Feel free to contact me for research, environmental assessment, project planning, design and implementation as well as monitoring and evaluation.

1 Reply

Hi everyone,

Hello patriots, my name is Bello Ahmed living in Katsina State, I work with Murna foundation a civil society organisation focused on empowering women and young people, I also serve as the assistant program officer and field officer in charge of community development and youth groups. As a passionate development worker,i joined this community to link up with like minded individuals and organisations in order to share experiences and learn best from others towards making impact and contributing to make our country better.

2 Replies
  • @2283 said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi everyone,

Hello patriots, my name is Bello Ahmed living in Katsina State, I work with Murna foundation a civil society organisation focused on empowering women and young people, I also serve as the assistant program officer and field officer in charge of community development and youth groups. As a passionate development worker,i joined this community to link up with like minded individuals and organisations in order to share experiences and learn best from others towards making impact and contributing to make our country better.

• Hello patriots, my name is Bello Ahmed living in Katsina State, I work with Murna foundation a civil society organisation focused empowering women and young people, I also serve as the program assistant and field officer in charge of community development and youth groups. I joined this community to link up with like minded individuals and organisations in order to share experiences and learn from others towards achieving set objectives and positively impacting our great country.

• Hi everyone, my name is Dashe Dentsen Fortune, i live in Plateau state here in Nigeria. I am currenty unemployed, but i have this passion for philanthropic work. I intend to start an NP-NGO to assist the youths and young adults within my locality, the nation and even wider. I joined this community to help me relate with like minds and to get advice, guidelines and even partners in what am planning to do and to be better equipt.

1 Reply
  • Hello everyone, my name is Edward A. Ogiji, and my username is edwardao1. it is my earnest joy to be part of this community of progressive. I live in Abuja and I am currently working with Association of Positive Youth Living with HIV/AIDS in Nigeria (APYI), the coordinating body for HIV/AIDS programs for Adolescents and Young People in Nigeria. I am the National Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer. I joined this community because learning new thing is my hobby especially when it has to do with making me to Make A Difference (MAD) in my career, work place and the population I chose to serve and impact their lives. I am quite sure am in the right place.

1 Reply
  • Hello everyone, my name is Dumbi and I live in Warri- Nigeria. I am currently working with Global Solution Resources. I joined this community to learn and share ideas.

• Hello Everyone,

My name is Mariam Owoeye. I work in one of the United Nations agencies Abuja; Nigeria. I hope to learn from everyone in this community! I have also just enrolled in the Essentials of Non profit Strategy starting on June 11. Looking forward to an exciting time here!!!

V
    1 Reply
  • Good afternoon everyone. My name is Bayor Odelami Joseph from Nigeria. I am a master degree student at University of Ibadan studying Library and Information Science. My research areas are Knowledge management, Information Science, Record Management, Digital Literacy, Social Media, Digital Library, and Library Development. I am a community and youth development enthusiast and owns a volunteering hub called Osunvolunteers hub. I am here to learn, network and contribute positively to national and international development. Please to meet you all.

• Hi everyone, my name is Adaeze, I live in Abuja-Nigeria. i work with an NGO and i choose to join this community to meet people with great idea and share knowledge.

Hi everyone,

Hello! My Name is Gbemisola, live in Lagos, I work with Lagos State Government as a Data Entry Officer. I chose this Community to meet like minds , share ideas. etc

• Hi everyone,
    my name is Haruna Kadi i live in Kaduna, Nigeria. i am the CEO of my company. i choose to join this community to learn and share ideas.

U
    1 Reply
  • My name is Martins, I live in Maiduguri - Nigeria currently unemployed. However, i am here to add values to my skills and capacity as we socialize and network with each other. Cheers.....!

• Hi everyone, I am Dr Charles, a research assistant in Ibadan and creative director of my own art outfit. Joined this community to network and share ideas, thanks

• Hello everyone my name is Modupe Ativie, after 12 years experience in training, learning & development and human capacity building, I set up my own management consultancy to continue to offer these services. I am not currently involved with any NGO.
    However one thing that has bothered me for a while is the growing incomeptence of teachers in Nigeria, especially those in the public schools. My heart bleeds thinking about the quality of children these schools would churn out if the teachers themselves dont know much. My passion now is to use what i'm good at to help by reaching out to leaders in the educational sector to derive and design programmes to help them improve on the job, while increasing the standards for the teacher selection process, not to prevent people from becoming teachers, but including practical ways they can improve on themselves so they can give more to the children they teach.

D
    1 Reply
  • @dupsy said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hello everyone my name is Modupe Ativie, after 12 years experience in training, learning & development and human capacity building, I set up my own management consultancy to continue to offer these services. I am not currently involved with any NGO.
    However one thing that has bothered me for a while is the growing incomeptence of teachers in Nigeria, especially those in the public schools. My heart bleeds thinking about the quality of children these schools would churn out if the teachers themselves dont know much. My passion now is to use what i'm good at to help by reaching out to leaders in the educational sector to derive and design programmes to help them improve on the job, while increasing the standards for the teacher selection process, not to prevent people from becoming teachers, but including practical ways they can improve on themselves so they can give more to the children they teach.

I forgot to mention, I live in Port Harcourt Nigeria

• My name is Olubunmi Odekunle from Lagos, Nigeria. I am Tech and Social Entrepreneur who solves social problem while leveraging on technology. I have a degree in Accounting and also Information Technology. I am currently a Commonwealth Scholar studying M.A in Public Policy and Management at the University of York. I have 6 years of collective experience in ERP, IT Solutions, Fraud and Forensic Examination, Youth Engagement and Community Development.

Currently, i am the Co-Founder/Executive Director of Sabon Africa Development Network. A pan-African youth organization with her headquarter in Nigeria and members from the 55 countries under the African Union, our mission is to promote civic participation of youth in social, economic and political affairs of Africa and also advocate for issues which mitigate the development and growth of the African continent.

I am here on Philanthropy University to increase my capacity building skills and also collaborate with other Non-Profit Professional.

• Good day everyone in these community, I am Udenyi Emmanuel, from Nigeria, I stay in Benue state, i'm a graduate and currently pursuing my masters degree, I joined these community to meet with like minds. My email is udenyiemmanuel@gmail.com and phone: 08039342472

• @harry5000 said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi everyone,
    my name is Haruna Kadi i live in Kaduna, Nigeria. i am the CEO of my company. i choose to join this community to learn and share ideas.

Nice to have you here sir. U r welcome

• My name is Raymond Alawode, based in Lagos Nigeria. I initiated Lovestyle Africa Development Initiative where I currently function as the program manager. I joined this community to learn more about development practice and network with like-minded citizens.

Hi everyone,

Hi everyone,

My name is Buhari Hussaini, I'm from sokoto state, I joined this community inorder to meet people with similar interest and also share ideas

• Hi everyone,

My name is Kehinde and I’m an Engineer by profession.
    I live in Lagos.
    I chose to join this community for the opportunity of networking and learning.

• I'm Benjamin, from Edo State, I live and work in Abuja and have done most of my work in the 6 geo-political zones of Nigeria. I've worked with several different NGOs to advance children's rights, to improve access and quality of basic education, and to help make governments more open and accountable to their citizens. I am presently working on creating awareness, understanding of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and children and youth taking action in the MY Community and You Project. I'm happy to be part of this community at Philanthropy University, and I look forward to robust and quality discussions that will further enhance our work and ensure no one is left behind.

• I'm Steve Adams from Lagos Nigeria. I just started working in the area of IT for Development. Basically what we try to do is bring FREE basic ICT education to inmates in Nigera's prisons. This way they are empowered to easily integrate back into society with their new skills in graphic design, web design, apps development, etc. I'm the Executive Director/CEO of this new social service initiative

• Hello Everyone,

My name is Adeleke Taiwo, Human Resources Advisor with Lonadek Nigeria Limited- an Engineering IT solution consulting firm located in Lagos Nigeria.

I am here to Network, learn, relearn and unlearn.

I can be reached on 07031541429 and xchangewitleke@gmail.com.

• Hi all, am Olatayo and I live in Lagos. I am currently working with DevTech System Inc. we are into development works and currently working on monitoring of HIV/AIDS of USAID Nigeria sponsored project. I love to meet and share ideas with great minds on this platform

• Hi my name is Johnpaul, I live in Lagos Nigeria, I work as an ART clinician with an NGO in USAID funded project. My aim of joining is to network and acquire knowledge....and also switch to monitoring and evaluation

• Hello everyone, my name is MaryJane Nweje, i live in Abuja currently working at National Hospital, i volunteer at NGOs to deliver free medical services across the country. As i have just recently Co Founded GAMAC foundation (An NGO with an aim of delivery free medical services across Nigeria with special interest in Geriatric and Reproductive health), i joined this community in order to learn from similarly thinking minds and possibly form partnerships.

• My name is Stephen Timothy. I am a social entrepreneur, geographer and an Environmentalist. I hold a BSc.Ed. Geography from the prestigious Adamawa State University Mubi. I am from Nigeria. Right now, I am working as community mobilization and Advocacy officer at KeepClean Initiative (KCI). Also I am running a personal project call "ConnectMe"- an Initiative aim at connecting victims, Survivors and those at risk of family violence. I want to develop my managerial skills. I want to be an employer of labour. I want to have my own organization that aim at helping people in whatever way. I am passionate about helping others.

• Hello; I am Chukwuebuka Raphael from Abia State.................................................................................

• Hello Everyone, My Name is Sunny.I live in Lagos.I am an Architect. My role is to design and build.I join Philanthropy Organization to develop my talents and skills. 08032381379 xtracool2014@gmail.com

1 Reply

Hi everyone,

My Innocent Obogor

I reside in FCT Abuja, Nigeria

I work with NIMC

I work as a Physical Security Personnel - Access Control, Surveillance and Facility Management

I join this community to build a network base, share ideas and learn new skills

Hi everyone,

Hello everyone, my name is Adedolapo Osuntuyi. I live in Ogun State. I am the CEO in Dolly Children Foundation. I join this community to learn from people of similiar interests on how to be effectively impact lives.

Thank you

• Hello everyone, my name is Samuel Wilson, a statistician with Akwa ibom State government, currently in Uyo. i choose to join this community to learn and share ideas

Hi everyone,

Hi everyone,

My name is Lilian Agbo.
    I live in Enugu state Nigeria.
    I work with Confident Teen Girl Initiative.
    I am the Convener.
    I join the community to relate with others of like minds, learn among ourselves and collaborate.

• Hello everyone, I am Dumbi Olisemenogor. I am here to improve on my advocacy skill.

• @samueloduoye said in Introduce yourself to the community:

I'm Samuel, based in Ibadan. I've been into advocacy, volunteering and social entrepreneurship for a few years now. Currently, I run a youth-led initiative that is seeking to facilitate capacity building youths for youths. The idea is mainly to bridge the gaps in employability skills, created by our education system. It's a pan-African initiative, and we currently have team members in Ghana and Nigeria. I'm here to connect with more people in similar field, and learn a few things around fund-raising and NGO coordnation.

Thanks, Jason.

I became fascinated with youth development a few ago, and I have executed a few projects on reducing capacity development for young people, and moral advocacy. I realised how African educational system hasn't been helpful for employability in recent times, and I decided that the right skills need to be thought. Considering the skills I found to be required in my professional works over the past few years, I conclude this idea is very essential. Stakeholders should be made to commit to preparing youths properly for career fulfilment.

• hi my name is isan abubakar am from kaduna state am not working i choose to join this community in order to have new skills and also to met new friends

• Hello, I'm BolaFunmi, I live in Lagos, and I used to work as a volunteer for a NGO focused on Girls in undeserved communities in Nigeria. However, the project is currently on hold and I haven't gotten a new project to work on.
    I'm a poet and closet artist🙈.
    I'd love to be a part of this community to share ideas, learn and network with people of similar interest.
    I look forward to meeting new people I can work with online and offline.
    Cheers.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.