Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Introduce yourself!

Hi GROW community. Welcome to this online space to share, connect, collaborate and learn from each other's work. To get started please introduce yourself - what is your name? Where are you based? Are you with a particular girl-focused organisation? What is one thing you hope to gain from being part of this GROW community?

H
    A
    J
    C
    S
    7 Replies
  • @katygirlsparks said in Introduce yourself!:

Hi GROW community. Welcome to this online space to share, connect, collaborate and learn from each other's work. To get started please introduce yourself - what is your name? Where are you based? Are you with a particular girl-focused organisation? What is one thing you hope to gain from being part of this GROW community?

Hi GROW community. I am Hayley, and I work at Global Fund for Children, supporting grassroots organisations all over the world working with children and youth. I am based in the UK, but we have offices in Washington D.C., Hong Kong and India. We are part of the With and For Girls Collective and actively promote girl centred design and girl leadership amongst out partners. I am looking forward to connecting with folks online.

Hi GROW community. My name is Abiose Haruna. I am an Advisor on a girl-focused program being implemented in Nigeria by Mercy Corps. My roles include facilitating access to economic opportunities for girls to build assets. I am also a champion of better lives for girls in all areas - health, education, social, community life. I am a GirlSPARKS trainer and ready to help your organisation to implement girl-centered programmes in a better way. just call on us!

Hi everyone. My name is Joseph, I am an officer for the GirlSPARKS initiative and I'm based in London. We train individuals and organisations to design more effective programming for adolescent girls using a Girl-Centred Design methodology. I'm looking forward to engaging with the GROW community to build my knowledge around girl programming and discover opportunities for working together.

Hello GROW Community, I am excited to connect with you all. I am Carolyn Seaman, the Founder and Creative Director of Girls Voices Initiative. And we work with adolescent girls and women to educate them about their rights and empower them to lead advocacy for the protection of their rights with focus on ending child marriage, ending gender-based violence, and promoting girls' education. Our organisation is a member of the CSO Reference Group to the African Union Campaign to End Child Marriage and we are also a member of the Girls Not Brides Coalition in Nigeria. I am happy to connect with you all to further explore girl-centred designing.

• Hey Everyone, I am happy to join the GROW community. I am Mohammed Munibari , a master Girl Sparks trainer in the middle east, Currently based in Yemen "Felix of Arabia". I am Working for Mercy Corps. This platform will be very beneficial to exchange experience and innovative methodologies in challenging environments.

Hi everyone. My name is Namale Sylvia - a GirlSPARKS trainer, currently working with GirlSPARKS as Community Manager. For the last 10 years, I have worked with gender focused organisations at the fore front of women and girls'rights advocacy. It is true that a lot has been done to ensure that the lives of women and girls improve and lots of investments have been made to uplift their livelihoods. Nonetheless, I look forward to learning more about intentional programming that can reach more girls from this CoP. I also look forward to hearing unique best practices out there that can be replicated. This is because millions of girls still need to be unshackled from situations that are against their very progress!

Hi every one , my name is Noreen Nampewo. I work with Women Natural Resource Governance Institute (WONRGI) in Uganda. Am passionate about young girls and i have attended a GIRLSPARKS training in Uganda before. I look forward to learning and sharing experience about programing for Girls and Young Women.
    thank you

Hello everyone! I am super excited to join the GROW community, and would like to make new connections with its members. My name is Lida, and I am a women's rights advocate from Armenia. Currently I am with Global Fund for Children as an Atlas Corps fellow, mainly working on Europe & Eurasia portfolio of the Grantmaking team.

• Hello Every one! Feels cool to be part of this platform that has a passion to share experiences and promote AGYW's programming across the globe. My name is Zai Nabateregga from Uganda working with Health Plus Development Communications (HeDCO) an organisation that fronts empowerment of the girl child. I am passionate about girls discovering their potential and be able to position themselves. I look forward to learning and sharing experiences in adolescent girls and young women's programming.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.