Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Introduce Yourself in Fundraising Strategies!

Welcome to the course discussion board!

To get started in this course, follow the prompts below and respond to at least two other learners:

1. Introduce yourself to the others in this course (name, country, industry/field of work).

2. What are your goals for the course, and how do you plan to apply them in your work?

3. What are you most excited to learn?

To be more successful in this course, we recommend you work in a team. Create or join one today!

E
    H
    R
    D
    A
    42 Replies
  • Hello, my goal is to transition into nonprofit work with an emphasis on fundraising. I have experience fundraising in the community and would like to turn that into a career. I want to learn in depth practical material.

B
    M
    2 Replies
  • Hi everyone, I'm Ndip Solange, a Cameroonian by nationality. I work with a local NGO in my community, I wish to learn new and better fundraising strategies to help my organization.

M
    1 Reply
  • Hello everyone, I am Ekene ELIJAH. A Nigerian working with an NGO. I want to gain practical knowledge and strategies for fundraising as this would help me secure a good job and/or better placement. I intend to invest two to four hours every day working on this!

• Im looking to learn as much as possible in this course.

• This is a realistic program.

• Great job creating this PU.

• Hello, I'm Elidaa DAKU, from Togo. I am working with an intergouvernemental institution based in Burkina Faso.
    Particulary, I am interested by the support of local communities, SMEs, NGOs and Least Developed Countries for the design and implementation of adaptation, mitigation or cross-cutting projects. I am looking for pratical knowledge on the fundraising strategies (proposal writing, ...), which could help me to be more successfull in climate fund raising for the profit of the most vulnerable people.

E
    M
    2 Replies
  • Iam Hillary Ahabyona from Kampala Uganda. Hope to gain alot of knoweldge from this causes about funderising which will apply in my organization here in Uganda

N
    J
    2 Replies
  • Hi, My name is Luciah Mwendwa
    I work with community organization training programme where we engage the urban poor in a process of social change to improve their livelihoods through community organization.

T
    2 Replies
  • Hello ,am Linda from Kenya,,,
    Graduate in actuarial science but currently doing fundraising as a course

K
    2 Replies
  • Hoping to gain a lot from this course as am looking forward to creating my business account soon

• Hi everyone, my name is Chenteaa Matthew Dennis from Liberia. I am the Executive Director of a youthful talented team called Check One Foundation, an NGO empowering young people to lead. I'm hopeful to gain more knowledgeable insights to enable my team identify those relevant partners to raise funds for the operation of our NGO.

• Hello, I am Dorinna from Kenya, I am a project officer. My goal is to learn resource mobilization mechanisms and to know how to write good proposals

1 Reply
  • Hello my Name is Osman Fabricio Castillo I am from Honduras in Central America currently looking opportunities to work on a non-profit organization or an NGO

What are your goals for the course, and how do you plan to apply them in your work?
    learn some new strategies to fundraise
    give a review on the strategies that we have and how to improve them
    create more opportunities for the organization to grow

What are you most excited to learn?
    the different strategies and how to apply them on an Organization

• I'm Thiha from Myanmar.

• Hello, I'm Sabrin, from Egypt

• Hi, I am Bharat Joshi from India. I work with Blind People's Association; which is one of the largest organization working in the field of disability. I am responsible for Projects and Resource Mobilization for the organization as a Deputy Director.

• I am Hayat Muhammad Khan. Working as Senior Television Engineer in State Television (Pakistan Television)

I am also working in non profit organization "Damel Welfare Society"
    We work in Education, Health and Enironement
    I want understand the Fundraising Strtegies.

Our mission is to help poor students in Education, Health and Environment

• My name is Jones Rundora and i am a zimbabwean citizen. I am glad to have registered for this program. My desire is to learn as much as possible the concepts and strategies of fundraising so that i can up the game and be an expert in fundraising.
    Thank you

• Hello,
    I am Beauttah from Kenya, I work in a charity organization taking up a role of community manager. I am excited to take up this course as I will learn more about the strategies that I need to follow so as to be able to make a successful fundraising. By the end of this course, I would like to become the most reliable person in my organization having the best skills for fundraising. Being in this team is also a wonderful thing.

L
    1 Reply
  • Hi, my name is Mohammed, glad to be here, and really gaining very valuable practical knowledge from this course. A big thank you and applaud of appreciation to the entire staff and members of Philanthropy University. Thank you very much 😊❤️

• Thank you very much

• Am James from Kenya working as a Business Development Manager in a renewable energy sector.
    I intend to learn more on fundraising with the interest to identifying relevant and helpful partners.

• Hello every one of my course mate here, my name is Joseph Oni a volunteer of Trios foundation an NGO based in Ogun state south west Nigeria. our organization are into advocacy against illicit drugs abuse and illegal migration, we work in collaboration with some government agency and states ministry of health in campaign against the uses dangerous drugs by the youth generation mostly in their schools and communities

• Hello, my goal is to transition into nonprofit work with an emphasis on strategic planning and theory of change. However, Ibknow that fundraising is a essential skill in ngo

• Hello, I am Raymonds Ojwando a Kenyan. I work with an NGO. My aim is to gain knowledge and skills in Fundraising and become more valuable personnel to my organization.

• Hello, My name is Angie Pereira I am from Costa Rica , I am a foundriser and Proyect Evaluator

O
    1 Reply
  • Hello colleagues, I am Sheila from Kenya. Very happy to be part of the Philanthropy learned friends

1 Reply
  • Hello, I'm Wilson from Ghana and base in Brazil.

• I am looking to continue my studies in Fundraising with this third and final course. They have all been very interesting and extremely helpful.

• Hi Everyone,
    My name is Erika and I am from Ontario, Canada. I am in the field of domestic violence and want to learn how to assist in fundraising for my agency. I am most excited to learn how to continue building on the existing fundraising strategies that we already have.

N
    1 Reply
  • Hello, my goal is to transition into nonprofit work with an emphasis on fundraising. I have experience in project management and would like to gain knowledge in the area of fund raising

• Hi, my name is Armand from Indonesia. I work in an NGO specializing in housing.
    I hope I will understand more about fundraising strategies and I hope the knowledge I got from this course will be applicable.
    I hope there are some bits of information here that is useful.

P
    1 Reply
  • Hi! my name is Teboho Polanka from Lesotho and am an Executive Director of a local social impact organization called Living Gadgets on a Mission, whose constituents are adolescents and youth.

• Sure. I also wish we can find readily applicable information as it has been the case with other modules.

• Hello, I'm Cassie. I'm from the U.S. and I work in academic medicine.
    My goals for this course are to become more familiar with fundraising in order to bring more grant funding to my department, and apply that knowledge to other opportunities I wish to pursue.

• Hello everyone, My name is Imran and I am working as fundraiser in an organization who work on education in remote and rural areas of Pakistan. I am very curious about the new techniques of fundraising. As i am already in the field of fundraising so, what I will learn, I would be able to practically implement it to raise fund for my organization. I hope, I learn better techniques to enhance my knowledge and skills.
    thanks

• Hi, every one my names Hayat Ahmadzai, hoping to gain a lot from this course as am looking forward to creating my business account soon

• Hi, every one my names Hayat Ahmadzai, hoping to gain a lot from this course as am looking forward to creating my business account soon

• Hii my name is Lisa, I live in the United States, Pennsylvania. I am in the process of transitioning from my medical field work to gaining a career in nonprofit development, including fundraising and grant writing, along with all other aspects of the nonprofit organization fields. I have a passion to giving back to the community and achieve the mission and goals for the community. The courses on PU are helpful to me to learn much more!

• Good Day!
    My name is Mariam, i am from Jordan, working as Human Rights Trainer at Center for Victims of Torture. beside to my experience in advocacy training i also have experience in project management. my goal is to learn more about the fundraising and its technicalities to be prepared to take role in this field. i am very excited to learn more about the proposals writing and project budgeting.

• I am a researcher and activist of the food security in the Global South issues, currently living in China and working for joint projects between Latin America and Asia that are mostly based on volunteering and efforts from other academic fellows to take place. I want to go further in fundraising as for matching other project management skills I already have with the demands of my current organization.

• my name is Irma , from San Pedro Garza Garcia N Leon Mexico
    My goal is to obtain, through learning, all the correct tools and strategies that can carry out the establishment and order of correct activities in order to benefit sectors of great need without profit.

• Hi 👋. I m Mohamed from Kenya. An economist by profession and would like to know more about how to incase fundraising and strategy for fundraising

• My name is Peter Jack I want to learn the fundraising strategies

• My name is Peter Jack I want to learn the fundraising strategies

• Good day guys, my name is Melvin Mattia. I am a Sierra Leonean by nationality. I and a teacher and a development practitioner. Presently i am part of humanitarianly response (Non profit) organization
    my goal is to learn and understand this course and become a job creator and able to apply it to raise funds for my organization.

• Hi, how to organize a fundraising event for a small organization, thanks

• Hello everyone,
    My name is Nidhi Thummar, I'm from India. As all this type of courses which gives one knowledge in specific manner is not yet available in India so I'm connecting to this course to give a new shape to my organization's activity.

• Hi, my name is Haikal Zulkefli. I'm from Malaysia and work in Third Sector industry. I am work as Junior Executive Officer at Philandure Sdn Bhd

• I have some goals to achieve at the end of this course which are to understanding about fundraising. Secondly, I want to develop the strategy for the fundraising and lastly to implement the strategy that I had develop for fundraising.

• I am excited to learn how to strategies the fundraising

• Hi everyone I'm Sofia from Italy. I have jus started a position in fundraising for an organisation dealing with the reconciliation of ex-combatants in Uganda and I would love to learn more about fundraising strategies. I look forward to learning more about this topic and set up a successful fundraising stretegy.

• I'm Abass kargbo and i am thrilled to be here

• Hello! My name is Serge, I am from the DRC, the objective of taking this course is to master the writing of proposals and identify the sources of funding

• Hello, I am starting a non-profit and I am excited to learn the different ways to fundraise!

• Hi everyone. I am Kenneth Zulu from Zambia. Joined this course to deepen my fundraising skills.

• Hi Everyone, this is Justus from Nairobi Kenya. Here to refresh myself on Fundraising. I wish to get into consultancies in resource mobilization space and these small bits are the building block to that. Let's do this.

• Hi everyone My names Saed Mohamoud, I have master in Political science and Public administration at University of Nairobi and I am currently working with IOM-Un Migration agency. I am very excited to join this course.

R
    1 Reply
  • Hello I am Abdalah Amiri from Tanzania, I look forward to learn a lot of things in this course

R
    1 Reply
  • Hello, My name is Ricardo Chang. I'm from Panama and my field is Christian Faith Ministry. I'm considering to move to a full time ministry in the near future. My main goal is to learn and understand more about fundraising. Hope I can lear important aspects in this topic. Best regards

• Hi Abdalah, hope you get your goals during this course. Regards

• Hi Saed, hope you get your goal during this course. Regards

• Hello everyone,
    I am Michel YEDOH from Senegal. I am eager to learn about fundraising strategies to allow my organization to start its activities. Indeed, in Africa, it is very difficult for NGOs to mobilize funds to carry out activities.

• Hi My name is Stephen Okot. My goal is to be effective in fundraising and increase resources needed for the achievement of the mission of the organisation i work for in a sustainable manner.

B
    1 Reply
  • I'm Naji Mahfood, a Global Citizen

I have been actively engaging with youth since 2014. Each program I got to experience had created a tremendous impact in the initiatives I have taken through few organizations that I'm part of.

We at The Ignite Foundation, create spaces for youth to develop their capacity, broaden their perspectives, transform their lives as well as pay it forward towards the people in their community to create ripple effect. We advocate Active Citizenship and Volunteering through our programs, and I'm glad that we are about to give Transformational experience to 15 youth through 'Summer School for Social Transformation' which is going to happen on May in Rural village of Bihar.

I hope that connecting with the community of Philanthropy University would strengthen my capacity to deliver life-changing experiences to more people.

Looking forward to connecting with you all.

Naji Mahfood
    www.najic.weebly.com
    +91-8129523829

• hi my name is newton dzomba so glad to be part of this team .

• Hello and thank you or this wonderful opportunity, I'm actually glad to here. My name is Thelma Ringnwi Lamnda, I am a young professional living and working with a Cameroon national peacebuilding non-profit, youth-led organization. I work there as Project Assistant for Resource Mobilization. My goal for taking this course is first to build my capacity on resource mobilization and fundraising for my organization. I also wish to learn about developing a resource mobilization plan for my organization. I look forward to more interactions with all of you.

B
    1 Reply
  • Hello, My name is Raphael and I'm from Nigeria. I work as a humanitarian and specifically I support grants management.
    I hope to learn new strategies and approach to proposal development with keen attention on thinking from the donor's perspective.

• I am Talemos Data from Ethiopia. I am supporting local NGO in fund raising & excited to know more strategies.

• Hi everyone, I work as fundraiser for a NPO in South Africa. Since Social Media has a great impact nowadays, I am especially interested to learn about ways to strategize it more.

B
    1 Reply
  • My name is Thokozile Chibwe. I'm from Malawi and my field of work is development studies. I want to know more of raising funds for an organization as well how to write winning proposals for the donors

• My Name is Oluwasegun Adafin from Nigeria. I am delighted in taking discuss because it will help to better enhance my knowledge about fundraising, which is an important skill for building a nonprofit organization.

• Hi all -

1. I'm Benita Blessing, and I am a faculty member at Oregon State University in the USA (where I teach German and history), and am also Operations Director for the German Studies Association (GSA), my professional society for faculty, graduate students, and independent scholars who work in any field of scholarship related to German-speaking regions.
    2. My goals for this course are to better understand the theories and practices for fundraising for evolving non-profits. The GSA has gone through some leadership changes (including my position), and we need to develop new strategies for fundraising that is focused on a new generation of scholars and their needs. Our donors and sponsors come from multiple countries, and include including governmental-sponsored organization, educational institutions, and individual members in our society.
    3. I am most excited about being able to contribute new knowledge to my association. We have a new development committee, and a new finance committee, instead of one person working in that areas, and we are ready to enter this new era of more community-based practices for fundraising.
      Thanks for reading!
      Benita
  • Fundraising for a youth-focused organization must have unique needs and strategies. I'm excited to learn more about what you think about how to proceed for your group!

• Yes! Writing proposals is something I would like to get better at, as well.

C
    1 Reply
  • Iam Adamu Mohammed from nigeria employee of Likari business services.

• Iam Adamu Mohammed from nigeria employee of Likari business services.
    The mission statement is to provide an innovative service offer to clients to achieved our goals and objectives.

• I am trying to formalize my fundraising knowledge to better help the organizations I work with

• I am in Switzerland and I would like to improve my fundraising skills to help some organisations I volunteer for

• Am Chris. I am part of the project team of a local CBO in Northern Uganda. I'm interested in learning the fundraising strategies described in this course so that I can apply them in the future.

• Hi there, that's something am passionate about too!

• Hi Stephen, I was talking with someone earlier today about "resources" beyond money - like time. I need to think some more about that, and wonder whether your definition of resources might expend beyond financial commitments.
    Thanks!

• Hello everyone, I am John Zyombo. A congolese of Kinshasa working with an NGO named MAKINI 4 BUDGET.

I want to gain practical knowledge and strategies for fundraising

• My name is Friedel, I work in an NGO in Cabo Verde, I hope to learn a lot to apply the knowledge to support organizations that struggle to create a good fundraising. I also hope to open my own organization in the near future.

• I am Christian based in Maputo- Mozabmbique, I am interested in improving my knowledge about fundraising.

• Hi everyone, I am Manoj, an Indian by nationality. Currently pursuing a Post-Graduation Program in Development Leadership (Development Leaders For India) from Kayantar Foundation. I wish to learn new and better fundraising strategies to help my organization.

• My name is Moses. From Nigeria. Am excited to be here again

• Hello everyone, I am Wilson from Kenya. I am a project coordinator with focus on youth advocacy, development and empowerment.
    The course is key for my work as it will provide me with an opportunity to learn how effectively fundraise for community development and advocacy.

L
    1 Reply
  • My name is Eric and I'm the President and Co-founder of Team A.Maise. We're a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in Metropolitan Jacksonville/Saint Augustine, Florida. Our organization provides hope and comfort to patients and families in Pediatric and Neonatal Intensive Care Units.

We've held multiple fundraisers with our largest to date coming up on 6/19/2021.

I'm looking to take at least one concept from the course and apply it to what has already/is currently working for us and improve event over event.

• Am Adetule Kehinde, Director, wesolveIT Ltd and President, Vision for Africa Foundation Network NG, Nigeria

• Am Adetule Kehinde, Director, wesolveIT Ltd and President, Vision for Africa Foundation Network NG, Nigeria
    Our mission is to create a collaborative society where the youth can have their say.

• Hello! I am Merry from the U.S. living in Oregon. Our nonprofit is working in western Kenya providing the means for Urgent Medical Care, Education and right now, due to the impacts of COVID-19, supplying families with food who are going without.
    Looking to enhance and learn more fundraising strategies to keep getting food to tables, and patients to medical help when needed.

L
    1 Reply
  • Hello! I am here to learn strategies and tactics to implement within the nonprofit where I have a seat on the BOD.

• Hello my name is Lucas Akol, I work as partner relations/fundraising officer at Share Child Opportunity Eastern and Northern Uganda (SCOEN), I am here ready to learn to how to improve our my fundraising skills as an organisation, my goal is to built a strong fundraising team for SCOEN

• Hi! Thibault here, seeking an international career into the development sector!

• Good evening,

I am Thankful from the United States of America. I am so elated to participate in this course to put the strategies to use to make my non-profit successful. My goals are to obtain valuable information on how to strengthen my fundraising and writing a successful proposal.

• Good evening,

I wish you the best in the course providing useful tips to improve resources (fundraising) for the community.

• HI!!! I´m Estefania from Colombia, I´m so excited about this course because I believe this can be a really good way to solve the form of how we raise money. I´m a social consultor and I work for the change the micro industries and especially for the foundations and how they made the process and create successful services.

A
    1 Reply
Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.