Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• in fact, combining resources involves either similar ones so that they are more, or even different resources so that all the needed resources are available...

• in fact, combining resources involves either similar ones so that they are more, or even different resources so that all the needed resources are available...

• is it possible for a donor to be a partner too?

• is it possible for a donor to be a partner too?

• especially if there are other partnerships to either of the organizations

• Agree that through the partnership approach, there is an opportunity for both the parties to maximize the use of resources and strive for effectiveness based on comparative advantages and values of both the parties.

• Just as in the proverb, "If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together,” partnerships that are aligned with the same goals can make a larger impact.

• No discussion prompt was found

• It is fairly good for one to look for a partner or two or more organizations to be partners as long as there is a joint benefits to their organizations and individual goals as well. If one side look to benefit more than the other partner there better to call off for such partnership

• it is right and agree that partnerships involves to enable parties to achieve their goals in relation to the particular things. but, I think that for instance two organizations with similar resources can have partnerships due to some considerations like local experience.

• Based on the case study, we could see the necessary gap that needed to be filled by the partnership between WVU and UCA.
    The partnership obviously enhances the the goals of not just WVU but also that of UCA.

• Organizations should be encouraged form a partnership if their missions are closely related and by this they will achieve their objectives and learn from each other.

• Partership is good but parties involved must have same goal at heart

• There is no prompt. Initially, it did not make sense why WUV and UGA were entering into a partnership. However, by WUV moving its goal post to sustainability, a partnership is important since UGA has direct access to the small business owners.

• I think partnership will be useful if two organization worked to achieve similar or same outcomes. This could be win win situation for both the organization. Partnership must create value for both the organization. Otherwise partnership might not be useful way to work.

• I think if there is a good relationship between you and your partner then it is easy to achieve goals and easy to solve the problem. If there is no proper understanding then it is waste to have a partnership with your organisation.

• Hi! Thank you for your thoughts & opinions. I agree with you!

• Sometime maintaining a partnership is even harder than establishing one.

• Quite interesting and makes a good sense.

• I wasn't able to get the prompts. However I struggled at the beginning to understand the match between WVU and the Corporative body but when the gentleman mentioned training experience and capabilities in supporting the training on livelihood and sustainability, leverage form of partnership was clear.

• For one risk is diversion

J
    1 Reply
  • Partners should have similar vision, value with that of the funding agency

• This partnership was necessary to contributing to the goals of both NGOs. The both organizations were able to combine their resources to make more impact then they could have done alone.

• The two organizations complement each other since the share the same goals

• Based on the main goal which is Sustainability in the business and growth, a partnership in this case is a must! Both parties have complementary resources that can contribute in sustain the development process.

• Based on the main goal which is Sustainability in the business and growth, a partnership in this case is a must! Both parties have complementary resources that can contribute in sustain the development process.

• I believe like the cooperatives that partnered to create a more operations and business oriented organization, WVU would benefit from the relationship with a more logistical organization, which allows them to focus more on agricultural production and educating farmers. As well, as UC was fulfilling their purpose by partnering with WVU.

• i do advice one to partner only if it is neccesary.

• I also could not find the prompt. This is a good question about what to do with your existing partnerships when your organization has launched a new strategy. As we learned, partnerships are built on trust, it is important to be transparent as part of maintaining that trust even when changes come. Your organization would need to inform partners about the change and the need for different/new partners and therefore the termination of the partnership. This should be communicated early on so partners are not caught off guard.

• I quite agree with you. WVU, transited from it's traditional position of relief kind of support organization to strategically support the groups it work with sustainably. Hence, the need for a partner that will provide the needed support and expertise and UCA filled in the gaps perfectly given the proven track record of close to 50 years of functioning in that capacity.

• The partnership helps both organizations to be more effective and efficient in pursuing a common goal.

• From the talk of inspiration Abuja I don't find any prompt listed. The two organization entered into a partnership but there is so some benefit gained as the two are able to operated effectively and efficiently. The goal of the two firms are reached since WV has health problems to solve while UCA can be able to pitch their idea and promote effectiveness in health.

• Personally I think there is no prompt,
    But the partnership between the two organizations is a reliable one since the relationship is a beneficial one to both the organizations since they will both gain from it

• Partners align their interests, share risks, and combine resources and competencies to maximize the achievement of agreed partnership objectives while delivering net value to each individual partner.

• Advise organisations to stick to partnering institutions that advance their existing goals. Do not reinvent yourself because you feel the need to be a part of another organization

• I agree with you. I believe that developing partnerships will also create greater impact, considering that there will be shared (increased)resources to attain the goals of the partnering organizations.

• I agree with you. I believe that developing partnerships will also create greater impact, considering that there will be shared (increased)resources to attain the goals of the partnering organizations.

• I am getting more understanding why effective partnership have to combine resources and stand at the same goal to be achieve more than either could achieve alone.

• I do not see the prompt listed below. However, I understand why the two organizations entered into a partnership. One organization working as a relief organization came to the realization that there was need to move from relief to sustainable relief. Because there was a need that those who benefited from the organizations services could sustain themselves after the organization is no more, which often happens, thus the introduction of the business model within the objectives of the organization. It is clear the partner organization proven itself as it has been around for 50 years, thus they could be relied on for the required services and expertise to help the benefactors of the relief organization. In this situation it is clear that the relief organization needed a partnership and that it was going to benefit them to partner.

• The partnership approach is beneficial to both organizations involved as it helps them both to achieve their goals while by leveraging their strengths.

• I totally agree that the need for a partner that will provide the needed support and expertise and UCA filled in the gaps perfectly given the proven track record of close to 50 years of functioning in that capacity.

• Partnership it's really very key since when perfectly implemented will enable bigger number of beneficiaries to be reached hence better outcomes. I totally agree that the need for a partner that will provide the needed support and expertise and UCA filled in the gaps perfectly given the proven track record of close to 50 years of functioning in that capacity.

• There is no prompt but I also agree with you that the organisations formed a partner as they were able to complement each others needs.

• I think it was a good idea for WVU and UCA to develop a partnership. The collaboration can help achieving their organization's objectives more efficiently.

• I think the four stages of partnership gives you idea of who should be your prospective partners and what area of partnering you want to achieve. Either to achieve more outcome or align limited resources.

• In my opinion, from the video, the partnership is necessary. One organization is transitioning from humanitarian to a commercial or profit driven nature. On the other hand, the other company has over 50 years experience in assisting small scale businesses. This implies that they are efficient in running businesses profitable, a skills set needed by the former. Hence the need for partnership.

• Partners should be complementary in whatever undertaking they invest into. A partner should bring what the other does not have.

• Partners should be complementary in whatever undertaking they invest into. A partner should bring what the other does not have.

• I believe partnerships exists for a reason and organizations should leverage on them to build/increase bottom lines or visions.

Secondly, It is important that we understand not every partner's goal can be clear and modest. However, organizations should identify key areas and key stakeholders to achieve their goals.

• As long as both parties involved in the partnership are effectively maximizing their potentials, then I'd say that is a good partnership they have running

• It is good to know that you have someone to assist, think and agree together with something else if you have partners.

• Partnerships are essential in any organization for growth .

• I can not seem to see any prompt below. However, I understand why the two organizations entered into a partnership. I believe it is important to develop partnerships because both organisations can add value and support each other in achieving their goials.

• No prompt? no problem. I believe that the partnership was strategic due to the change of focus/approach by WVU which necessitated an aligned interest with UCA.

• The partnership between WVU and UCA enables both achieve their goals. The families that WVU helps to have resilience are supported by UCA in terms of business training & literacy hence enabling them be sustainable in the long run. This support empowers them gain confidence in the opportunities provided to them. Hence growth and multiplication.

• There is no prompt, but the partnership seems beneficial.

• I think the two organizations entered into a partnership as it is important to develop partnerships because they will assist each other in achieving their goals.

• I feel there are many things that create partnership and synergy, yet resources, manpower, skills, location, sharing interests, risk, sharing vision, and long term sustainability for both parties needs to be present.

• I believe partnership should be entered into if they are the best way to deliver the organisation's goals effectively and efficiently.
    Also the subject/theme of partnership should be critically looked into by parties involved on best way to plan their partnership for value, impact and sustainability.

• No prompt, but it seems clear why these two organizations entered into a partnership.

• Forming a partnership in this case has proved to be very critical in aiding both parties achieve their objectives.

• I totally agree about the partnership cause some expertise are need to do aspect

• THE PARTNERSHIP IN THIS CASE BENEFITS BOTH PARTIES

• I also did not see a discussion prompt, but overall I understand that partnerships are just simply smart business, especially when your org is mission-driven.

• There’s alignment between the two organisations goals so yes a partnership makes sense. It provides a sound platform but is of course not the entire story: there remain many other factors to consider. Cultural fit and a potential power imbalance are two high level factors I’d be considering at this stage as well as the personal trust levels between key figures in the partnership.

• it's a good thing to find a partner who shares the same values and is not trying to make more profit than you

• Ce module est essentiel pour comprendre le but et l'objectif d'un bon partenariat

• I agree that partnership is important to leverage resources

• This discussion is a good opportunity for me to see the benefits of partnership with an organization that has experience working in partnership.

• Partnership indeed if the objective of the two organizations align, is quite very helpful for delivery and impact

• I too support the point that there are dividends of partnering,provided that the partnership leads to achieving more

• The partnership between WV and UCA is beneficial because it enables WV to have an increased impact without having to dilute/redirect a risky amount of resources. Expanding into sustainability as well as being a relief-focused charity could have brought a lot of additional challenges and time-consuming training, but outsourcing some of their work to UCA allows them to access expertise without having to retrain or fund too many additional staff members. Furthermore, it mitigates the risk of WV approaching the sustainability space with insufficient knowledge, which could lead to an ineffective strategy and wasted time/resource. Having the UCA as a partner ensures their plans have legitimacy and longevity.

• Agree, there is potential for partnerships because the two organizations complement each other. The expertise and support provided by the cooperative can add value to achieve their shared goals.

• during change in a strategy of an organization , when that same organization also has other partnerships?

• нет подсказки, но я согласен с вами.

• нет подсказки, но я согласен с вами.

• The partnership agreement between the two organisations will yield positive results.

• Strategic partnership has been said to be one of the best traditional approach for organisations to achieve their stated goals. In this scenario, the WVU and UCA needed to leverage on each others resources and strengths to achieve their organisations objective.

• The partnership between the two organizations WVU and UCA is very strategic and will support both organizations reach their mission. Additionally the insight I am getting is that it is very important to understand the work of your organizations so as to understand what best organizations will be fit for partnership for mutual benefit.

• I now understand that you must first identify the crucial needs and objectives of your organization before starting the search for a partner

• I think the method of partnership are all good one, because the purpose of partnering is greater achievement, sustainability, empowerment and and all these including sharing of similar vision.

• The partnership helps both parties to achieve more effectively and efficiently.

• The partnership between the two agencies will lead to equal beneficiaries.

• There is no video, text or audio to respond to. However, I believe the partnership between the two organization is one that is strategic and help them actualize mutual goals and impact the beneficiaries positively.

• Yes, the Video clearly shows the need for working together for filling resource gap. For world vision it is good to have the cooperatives that has estabilished structures at ground level and would be possible to easily transform from direct assistance to development project.

• Yes ! two are more important and effective than one!

• Partnerships in this standard form of partnership, all of the partners are equally responsible for the business's debts and liabilities. In addition, all partners are allowed to be involved in the management of the organization.

• Organisations choose to partner because they cannot achieve their desired goals by other, non-partnership means. In other words, there is inevitably a level of self-interest in the motivation of all partners and each partner will need to see benefits from their collaboration, measured in their own terms, if their involvement in the partnership is to be sustained over time.

• Every partnership engaged mostly the question of researched interests of each party

• Partnership is great link I confirm and this course is awesome with all needed tips to use with partnership programs

• Partnership is a good servant if the partners could fill each other at the right time.

• Their partnership can benefit both organizations

• Likewise, I can’t find the prompt. But I would like to give my insights about what i have learned so I think the partnership is a very strategic tool because it allows two organizations to complement each other and add value to their vision, mission, and goals.

• No prompt seen but overall the partnership goal for both organisations is adding sustainable value to themselves and the beneficiaries

• Two years later, the prompt still isn't visible.
    However, I think those organisations have carefully planned a partnership strategy that will be mutually beneficial. Obviously, a lot of work went into the scoping & building stage for such a partnership to emerge

• There isn't a prompt, but the clear intention is that if organisations with a similar mandate work together it gives a greater advantage in them trying to achieve both their mandate with a greater outcome and for better value

• I understand partnership as effective way to reach optimally the defined goals. Till know I considered that organiztion can proceded any business alone. My this assumption was based on the ignoring the outcome. After learning this module, I understnd that we need an outcome analysis and think about to reach optimal outcome for an organiztion. If we ignore the partnership options we can never reach to optimal outcome for an organization because it means to ignore the organzition outsomes optimization .

• WUV and UCA had aligning objective, hence the they were able to build a beneficial, successful and sustainable partnership.

• According to what I understand, World Vision's main intervention areas are resilience, relief, and livelihood, and Cooperative Alliance serves its member small-scale farmers by acting as an agricultural cooperative. So, in order to impart knowledge to its beneficiaries and change their lives in a sustainable way, WV has identified the difficulties facing its beneficiaries and demanded greater business skills and experience. So, in order to reach more beneficiaries and transform its beneficiaries from sources of income to agribusiness activities for adding value to sustainability issues, WV needs partners that can help and fulfill its vision and mission, like the cooperative alliance in Uganda. For this reason, WV established a partnership with CA, and they also have a mutual benefit in terms of resources.

• According to what I understand, World Vision's main intervention areas are resilience, relief, and livelihood, and Cooperative Alliance serves its member small-scale farmers by acting as an agricultural cooperative. So, in order to impart knowledge to its beneficiaries and change their lives in a sustainable way, WV has identified the difficulties facing its beneficiaries and demanded greater business skills and experience. So, in order to reach more beneficiaries and transform its beneficiaries from sources of income to agribusiness activities for adding value to sustainability issues, WV needs partners that can help and fulfill its vision and mission, like the cooperative alliance in Uganda. For this reason, WV established a partnership with CA, and they also have a mutual benefit in terms of resources.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.