Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Introduce yourself to the community! -Human and Civil Rights

Welcome to the Human and Civil Rights community of practice! My name is Jason and I’m a community manager here at Philanthropy University.

Please use this topic to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

D
    R
    F
    K
    7 Replies
  • Welcome @fionamac and @willie254! What are your interests in Human and Civil Rights?

1 Reply
  • @jason said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Welcome @fionamac and @willie254! What are your interests in Human and Civil Rights?

THIS IS CYRIL MBAH OF THE AFRICAN WOMEN INITIATIVE AGAINST POVERTY AND VIOLENCE FROM NIGERIA.

1 Reply
  • We are a grassroots human rights advocacy groups like fighting against Poverty, Violence, Drug Abuse and Unemployment and it requires fearless, articulate, pushful and vocal leaders or captains to properly steer the ship across turbulent waters for smooth sail to the Promised Land. This was why I decided to join this group.

1 Reply
  • @9999999 said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

We are a grassroots human rights advocacy groups like fighting against Poverty, Violence, Drug Abuse and Unemployment and it requires fearless, articulate, pushful and vocal leaders or captains to properly steer the ship across turbulent waters for smooth sail to the Promised Land. This was why I decided to join this group.

Wonderful, great to have you here Cyril! What is your role at the African Women Initiative Against Poverty?

When you have the opportunity, I encourage you to check out the best practice post in this discussion board to share more with other members of this community.

• Hello, my name is Anette, I am from Germany. Since 2010 I tried to become a change maker with impact on global challenges. I attended all previous courses here and some other MOOCs. Since 2014 I created social innovations (sustainable, scalable and transferable concepts) and already achieved impact/positive change in help for refugees, civic society engagement, education and more ... now I would like to create a concept to help Africans to survive and start-up in their countries.

M
    1 Reply
  • @jason said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Welcome to the Human and Civil Rights community of practice! My name is Jason and I’m a community manager here at Philanthropy University.

Please use this topic to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

My name is Dorcas from Nigeria, work with Christian organization, I am a children teacher. looking for partner to make women understand their right in the society and be good woman for their ward. (children)

• my name is Simon mureu living in kenya AND advocates for the HUman Rights for all

• @9999999 said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

We are a grassroots human rights advocacy groups like fighting against Poverty, Violence, Drug Abuse and Unemployment and it requires fearless, articulate, pushful and vocal leaders or captains to properly steer the ship across turbulent waters for smooth sail to the Promised Land. This was why I decided to join this group.

@anette_pekrul said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hello, my name is Anette, I am from Germany. Since 2010 I tried to become a change maker with impact on global challenges. I attended all previous courses here and some other MOOCs. Since 2014 I created social innovations (sustainable, scalable and transferable concepts) and already achieved impact/positive change in help for refugees, civic society engagement, education and more ... now I would like to create a concept to help Africans to survive and start-up in their countries.

@dorcy77 said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

My name is Dorcas from Nigeria, work with Christian organization, I am a children teacher. looking for partner to make women understand their right in the society and be good woman for their ward. (children)

@christ said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

my name is Simon mureu living in kenya AND advocates for the HUman Rights for all

Welcome @9999999 @Anette_Pekrul @Dorcy77 @christ and everyone else in this community ( @all ). So great to have you all here!

It would be great to have people connect here to share ideas, questions, and thoughts about Human and Civil Rights! This is a really powerful space to connect with others from around the world doing such great work.

• @jason said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Human and Civil Rights:

Hello everyone! My name is Rachel Carle. I am the Development Associate at ActionAid USA, an office of ActionAid International, based in Washington, D.C. Interested to learn more about and from this community. Thanks!

1 Reply
  • @jason said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Human and Civil Rights:

Hello to everyone. My name is Fredy, Born and raised in Colombia, I´m still living in my amazing country. I work for a Non Profit called TECHO, we work in 19 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean to over come poverty in informal settlements. I work for TECHO in Colombia as a fundraiser, im really interested to keep developing my abillities so the organization that I work for continues to grow stronger so we can benefit more people through the time.

1 Reply
  • Hello everyone. My name is Aka Maduakolam. I live and work in the South Eastern part of Nigeria. I am a lawyer and the President of Amicus Centre for Justice a local NGO aimed at providing free legal services to poor persons especially those incarcerated in prison without trial. I joined this community to learn how to be more efficient in what I love doing which is giving back.

1 Reply
  • @rcarle said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Human and Civil Rights:

@jason said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Human and Civil Rights:

Hello everyone! My name is Rachel Carle. I am the Development Associate at ActionAid USA, an office of ActionAid International, based in Washington, D.C. Interested to learn more about and from this community. Thanks!

Hello Rachel ( @rcarle ), thank you for introducing yourself!

What type of work do you do in your role as Development Associate at ActionAid? Do you have any thoughts, ideas, or questions to share with this community about Human and Civil Rights? This is a great place to discuss!

Thank you for being here :)

• @fredybarajas said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Human and Civil Rights:

@jason said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Human and Civil Rights:

Hello to everyone. My name is Fredy, Born and raised in Colombia, I´m still living in my amazing country. I work for a Non Profit called TECHO, we work in 19 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean to over come poverty in informal settlements. I work for TECHO in Colombia as a fundraiser, im really interested to keep developing my abillities so the organization that I work for continues to grow stronger so we can benefit more people through the time.

¡Bienvenido Fredy! ( @fredybarajas )

It is great to have you here and to learn about your background and work in Colombia. TECHO sounds like a fantastic project. Would you like to share a link to the organization's website or other resources about it here? Do you have any questions, thoughts, or ideas to share with the group about Human and Civil Rights? We would love to hear them!

Thank you for posting :)

• @nwadiuto said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Human and Civil Rights:

Hello everyone. My name is Aka Maduakolam. I live and work in the South Eastern part of Nigeria. I am a lawyer and the President of Amicus Centre for Justice a local NGO aimed at providing free legal services to poor persons especially those incarcerated in prison without trial. I joined this community to learn how to be more efficient in what I love doing which is giving back.

Welcome Aka ( @Nwadiuto ), it is great to have you in this community!

It is so wonderful to hear about your role as President of Amicus Centre for Justice. It sounds like a tremendous organization. Can you share more about what motivates you in your work on Human and Civil Rights? Do you have advice or questions for other in this community? It would be great to hear more!

Thank you for being here and welcome to the community :)

• My names are Angella Muwanga; residing in Kampala- Uganda; i am a co-founder of Hearts Extended Uganda ( an NGO established in 2014 to promote and protect the rights of disadvantaged children and women in our communities by providing material, psychological and advocacy support in order to further their education, health and livelihoods.); Looking forward to the interaction and value addition

• @Anette_Pekrul said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Human and Civil Rights:

Hello, my name is Anette, I am from Germany. Since 2010 I tried to become a change maker with impact on global challenges. I attended all previous courses here and some other MOOCs. Since 2014 I created social innovations (sustainable, scalable and transferable concepts) and already achieved impact/positive change in help for refugees, civic society engagement, education and more ... now I would like to create a concept to help Africans to survive and start-up in their countries.

This is nice to hear, will be nice to hook up. working with Activista, an international platform of youths across the world, owned by ActionAid, and I am coordinating in my nation Nigeria. also, I founded a youth-led organization for African women.
    okwuosamj@gmail.com let's hook up if its convenient

• Hello
    I am Kudirat Adedeji-Lawal. I am from Nigeria. I am an advocate of right treatment of widows and orphans. I started a social media platform (t.me/movingon). The long term goal is to help widows navigate the widowhood journey and be educated on their rights and duties. Hoping to empower widows via funds for small scale business and skill acquisition and education funds for orphans.

I will appreciate all the help I can get to make this a dream come true

I am also interested in assisting mothers of intellectually challenged children to take proper care of their precious gifts and ensure the children have access to education. Hoping to get like minds to advocate for the idea of "classroom accommodation" for intellectually challenged children in Nigerian education sector

• My name is Ekoume Parfait.
    I'm working like a pastor for the church.
    I want to create an NGO against corruption.

• Hey guys, I'm Renata, from Brazil! I'm taking the Essentials of Nonprofit Strategy course and wanted to set up a study group for the next activities :) Who wants to join me?

• @Jason said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Human and Civil Rights:

Hello,
    I am NYOH Evaristus Aji from Cameroon.Live in Cameroon.I am volunteering with the CAMEROON NETWORK OF HUMAN RIGHT ORGANIZATIONS ?CNHRO.

• My humble greetings to you all ,Am Nyoh Evaristus Aji from Cameroon,I live in Yaounde,Cameroon.I am a volunteer worker with the Cameroon Network of Human Right Organizations. I seek knowledge and strategies on how to deliver my services as human and civil rights are concerned.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.