Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Hi Everyone, I am Winnie - an IT operations Engineer with a brokerage firm. EFG-Hermes Kenya and I live in Nairobi. I chose to join the community to learn new skills to share ideas with people in the social sector as i have a keen interest in transitioning to the development sector and share my skills on projects to impact the community.

1 Reply
  • Hi everyone,

Am Joyce mutua i work with oil company kenya pipeline company i live in donholm greenfields i join this community to learn am happy to be part of this journey.

1 Reply
  • Hae friends, I am Joash Onyinkwa, an undergraduate 3rd year student taking bachelors degree in finance and banking at Maasai Mara University and also a CPA distance student at the university of Nairobi. Am from Umoja, Nairobi but I reside in Narok during my studies. Am here to gain skills not only in my area of study but also in the entire social sector. I will be glad to make friends and partners for a bright social future. thanks all.

1 Reply
  • Hi all! My name is Florence, I work for Mercy Corps Kenya as a monitoring and evaluation officer. Here to learn and expand my knowledge about non-profits/development. Good to e-meet all of you

1 Reply
  • @jason said in Introduce yourself to the community:

@rodah said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi there,
    My name is Rodah and I live in Nairobi. I work for WWF International as Manager for Corporate Partnerships. I join this community to share and learn from others. Thanks!

Welcome Rodah! Are there any specific skills or areas you're looking to learn more about here on Philanthropy University?

Everything from how to attract donors to strategy development. I am sure I will learn some things despite having been a fundraiser for a few years

1 Reply
  • @tilt said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi Everyone,
    I am Thomas Gichuru, I work for Tree Is Life Trust (TILT) as the Director. TILT's mission is to empower communities to sustainably manage environment and natural resources for livelihoods improvement. I am here to learn and share with the rest of the community members. Thanks

Welcome Thomas! Sounds like TILT has an incredible mission (and name!). What specifically are TILTs programs? What part of TILTs work are you the director of?

• @jackiengugi said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi. Am Jackline, am a environmental advocate. Previously worked with Anglican development services Eastern, World Agroforestry Centre, am a part time member of African youth in climate change. Am currently working on my skills on resource mobilisation and networking to work on my own Ngo.

Welcome Jackline :)

Regarding your interest in resource mobilization, did you sign up for either of the fundraising courses that are starting next week?

• @winnie said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi Everyone, I am Winnie - an IT operations Engineer with a brokerage firm. EFG-Hermes Kenya and I live in Nairobi. I chose to join the community to learn new skills to share ideas with people in the social sector as i have a keen interest in transitioning to the development sector and share my skills on projects to impact the community.

Welcome Winnie. So great to see so many people here in the private sector interested in transitioning to the development sector. Why are you interested in transitioning your work in this direction?

W
    1 Reply
  • @joym said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi everyone,

Am Joyce mutua i work with oil company kenya pipeline company i live in donholm greenfields i join this community to learn am happy to be part of this journey.

Welcome Joyce :)

What specifically are you looking to learn more about? I can hopefully point you in the right direction to help out some.

• @jay_prince said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hae friends, I am Joash Onyinkwa, an undergraduate 3rd year student taking bachelors degree in finance and banking at Maasai Mara University and also a CPA distance student at the university of Nairobi. Am from Umoja, Nairobi but I reside in Narok during my studies. Am here to gain skills not only in my area of study but also in the entire social sector. I will be glad to make friends and partners for a bright social future. thanks all.

Welcome Joash! Great to have university students taking interest in the social sector. What are you ambitions for after graduation? Are you looking to work in the social sector?

• @florencerandari said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi all! My name is Florence, I work for Mercy Corps Kenya as a monitoring and evaluation officer. Here to learn and expand my knowledge about non-profits/development. Good to e-meet all of you

Welcome Florence! Great to have someone from our partner Mercy Corps here in the community :)

Monitoring and Evaluation officer for Mercy Corps Kenya must be a huge job. What sort of projects are you working on? Are you working mostly in Nairobi?

• @rodah said in Introduce yourself to the community:

@jason said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi there,
    My name is Rodah and I live in Nairobi. I work for WWF International as Manager for Corporate Partnerships. I join this community to share and learn from others. Thanks!

Welcome Rodah! Are there any specific skills or areas you're looking to learn more about here on Philanthropy University?

Everything from how to attract donors to strategy development. I am sure I will learn some things despite having been a fundraiser for a few years

Aha! Or you will teach us all a thing or two :)

Have you joined the communities for fundraising or strategy? Which courses have you signed up for?

• I'm Carolyne from Narok. I work for Asante Africa Foundation as the Program Coordinator-Girls Advancement Program. I choose to join this wonderful community to learn new skills and make partnership.

J
    2 Replies
  • @csunte said in Introduce yourself to the community:

I'm Carolyne from Narok. I work for Asante Africa Foundation as the Program Coordinator-Girls Advancement Program. I choose to join this wonderful community to learn new skills and make partnership.

Welcome Carolyne! Wonderful to have you here.

Can you share some more about the work that Asante Africa Foundation does? What are you focused on in your role?

In case you haven't already, based on your work in programs for Girls Advancement I'd encourage you to sign up for our upcoming course on Girl-Centered Design.

• Hello Everyone,
    My Name is Deo Ochieng'. I am an M&E Professional with over 8 years of practice in various sectors: Health, Education; Agriculture; Civil Society; Women and Youth Programs & Environment. Currently, I work for Aga Khan Foundation, East Africa as Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning Coordinator. I am here to network, grow, share knowledge and and build professional relationships that will contribute to improving quality of life. My key interest is not only on evaluation of programs/projects and policies, but also on how to implement best practices and recommendations from studies an evaluation findings.

1 Reply
  • @csunte said in Introduce yourself to the community:

I'm Carolyne from Narok. I work for Asante Africa Foundation as the Program Coordinator-Girls Advancement Program. I choose to join this wonderful community to learn new skills and make partnership.

Hae caroline, am happy to know that we are from the same place. Am at Narok too.

1 Reply
  • I am EdwardM.Nyameri,from Nyamira, I represent widows.ke and work with AMAZINGSMILECHILDRENORG as a project coordinator

1 Reply
  • @deo said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hello Everyone,
    My Name is Deo Ochieng'. I am an M&E Professional with over 8 years of practice in various sectors: Health, Education; Agriculture; Civil Society; Women and Youth Programs & Environment. Currently, I work for Aga Khan Foundation, East Africa as Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning Coordinator. I am here to network, grow, share knowledge and and build professional relationships that will contribute to improving quality of life. My key interest is not only on evaluation of programs/projects and policies, but also on how to implement best practices and recommendations from studies an evaluation findings.

Welcome Deo! Great to have a seasoned professional such as yourself here in the community. Where in Kenya are you located?

I'd love to hear more about your learnings on how to implement best practices and recommendations from studies. In particular, if you have any best practices to share with other Kenyan organizations here in the community, please feel free to share them in this Best Practices topic.

• @jay_prince said in Introduce yourself to the community:

@csunte said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hae caroline, am happy to know that we are from the same place. Am at Narok too.

A local connection! Awesome :)

Seems like Narok is a small enough that you two may be able to meet up. @csunte given that @jay_prince is a university student interested in the social sector, may be a great opportunity for you two to connect and explore opportunities together :)

W
    1 Reply
  • @widowske said in Introduce yourself to the community:

I am EdwardM.Nyameri,from Nyamira, I represent widows.ke and work with AMAZINGSMILECHILDRENORG as a project coordinator

Welcome Edward!

Can you share more about what Amazing Smile Children Org does? Where in Kenya are you located?

• Hello JASON and everyone,

My name is Charles Ngiela, the Executive Director of Kenya Christian School For The Deaf (KCSD) an NGO that translates the lines of marginalized youths especially the deaf girls and the vulnerable youths for employability skills and for self-sustainability. Our thematic areas are: Education, Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) Life skills, Employability, Advocacy and HIV/AIDS. Great to be part of Philanthropy University, i join to learn new skills, share and to network. Our link: www.kenyachristianscho.wixsite.com/kcsd  

Cheers

1 Reply

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Kenya community of practice! My name is Jason and I’m a community manager here at Philanthropy University.

Please use this topic to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

Hi everyone, I am Isaiah Okuku, MSc. Student at the University of Nairobi, pursuing MSc. Degree in Agricultural and Applied Economics. I live in Nairobi. I'm currently engaged in a program where i promote household livelihoods among the vulnerable households through sacks farming. I chose to join this community because ibwant to learn and share what I have.

Thank you.

• list item
    1 Reply
  • Hello Everyone, My name is Antonio, I work with LVCT Health as Business Development Manager and reside in Nairobi. I would enjoy an opportunity to network.

1 Reply

@jay_prince said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Seems like Narok is a small enough that you two may be able to meet up. @csunte given that @jay_prince is a university student interested in the social sector, may be a great opportunity for you two to connect and explore opportunities together :)

Hi guys.. Am also in narok we should meet up...

1 Reply

@willie254 said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hello everyone, I' m Wilson i work with awareness against human trafficking (HAARTKenya) as a community awareness volunteer and partnerships. we are based in Nairobi staying in Nairobi too. I have been volunteering for the past 5 years and almost completing my BA in community development. I join this community to learn, interact and create networks. looking forward to an interactive period. Blessings.

Welcome Wilson!

Sounds like you're very busy between finishing your BA in community development (congratulations!) and working with HAART Kenya. What does your role as community awareness volunteer involve? After graduation, are you planning to continue working with HAART Kenya?

@jason my work is community awareness creation through organized workshops with community members and the first responders on the manifestation of human trafficking in the local villages and urban centers too. On the issue of working with HAART kenya if i get an opportunity i will gladly take it but if i get a more favorable offer i will consider it too. Thank you for the congrats. Actually am in Narok maasai mara university.

1 Reply
  • Hi Everyone.
    My name is Betty I live in Mombasa,founder at Abetec Business Solutions.A social enterprise that empowers young girls and women to live their full potential.Nice to meet all of you.I chose to join this community because of its authenticity in terms of creating a social impact in communities.

1 Reply
  • Hi everyone, My name is Recky Awino Kyalo, I work with Humanitarian Organization for Partnership in Development (HOPE) Trust Kenya, as a Country Director, We work in Kisumu and Vihiga County in western Kenya. We work with children ensuring they get education as part of community development, we also work with youth in skill building and women in economic empowerment. Am glad to be part of this group to share experiences and to learn. Thank you.

1 Reply

@winnie said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi Everyone, I am Winnie - an IT operations Engineer with a brokerage firm. EFG-Hermes Kenya and I live in Nairobi. I chose to join the community to learn new skills to share ideas with people in the social sector as i have a keen interest in transitioning to the development sector and share my skills on projects to impact the community.

Welcome Winnie. So great to see so many people here in the private sector interested in transitioning to the development sector. Why are you interested in transitioning your work in this direction?

Hi Jason I am interested in transitioning in the social direction mainly because of the impact it has on the society

@winnie said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi Jason I am interested in transitioning in the social direction mainly because of the impact it has on the society

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Kenya community of practice! My name is Jason and I’m a community manager here at Philanthropy University.

Please use this topic to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

Hamjambo. Nancy from VAP, an organization that leverages the power and popularity of soccer to reach out to young people. I am the founder of mrembo girls program ,
    glad to interact ,share and learn .

1 Reply
  • Hi everyone, I'm Robert Kibet, a freelance development journalist based in Nairobi.I live in Nairobi and have had my humanitarian stories published at global media outlets. I joined this group to learn more on phylanthropy. I can be reached on kibetesq@gmail.com

Hi everyone,

Hello Everyone?
    My name is Patricia, a resident of Wangige subcounty, Kabete constituency, Kiambu County.
    I am in the process of forming a non governmental organisation aimed at reaching out to abused and underprivileged women in our society.
    I am here to learn all I can in order to start and run the organisation successfully.

1 Reply
  • Hi Everyone, I am Juma and I am from Nairobi, Kenya. I work for FHI 360 CB-HIPP project as a Data Manager. I joined this community to share and learn from others. Regards

1 Reply
  • Jambo Kenya! My name is Johanssen Obanda. I live in Kisumu. I worl at jabulani Youths for Transformation as Executive Chairman. I joined this community to learn from and to share with everyone on board.

1 Reply

Hi there,

Sounds like some broad goals, which is fantastic :) Are you taking any courses right now?

Also, if you have any useful resources/tools/websites for other CSOs in Kenya, I encourage you to share them with the community in the best practices post :)

• @empower said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hello JASON and everyone,

My name is Charles Ngiela, the Executive Director of Kenya Christian School For The Deaf (KCSD) an NGO that translates the lines of marginalized youths especially the deaf girls and the vulnerable youths for employability skills and for self-sustainability. Our thematic areas are: Education, Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) Life skills, Employability, Advocacy and HIV/AIDS. Great to be part of Philanthropy University, i join to learn new skills, share and to network. Our link: www.kenyachristianscho.wixsite.com/kcsd  

Cheers

Welcome Charles! Not sure why your text showed up in a scrolling box, but great introduction nevertheless. KCSD sounds like it has an incredible mission. How did you get involved with the organization? Did you previously work for CSOs?

Also, if you have any useful resources/tools/websites for other CSOs in Kenya, I encourage you to share them with the community in the best practices post :)

• @okukuisaiah said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi everyone,

Hi everyone, I am Isaiah Okuku, MSc. Student at the University of Nairobi, pursuing MSc. Degree in Agricultural and Applied Economics. I live in Nairobi. I'm currently engaged in a program where i promote household livelihoods among the vulnerable households through sacks farming. I chose to join this community because ibwant to learn and share what I have.

Thank you.

• list item

Welcome Isaiah! Sounds like you're very busy between being in school and the program you're engaged in. What is sacks farming? How are you supporting the program?

• @antonio said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hello Everyone, My name is Antonio, I work with LVCT Health as Business Development Manager and reside in Nairobi. I would enjoy an opportunity to network.

Welcome Antonio! What types of people are you looking to network with? Others in Nairobi, others working in the health field, or possibly both?

Also, if you have any useful resources/tools/websites for other CSOs in Kenya, I encourage you to share them with the community in the best practices post

• @willie254 said in Introduce yourself to the community:

@jay_prince said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi guys.. Am also in narok we should meet up...

That'd be awesome! Just sent you guys a message :)

Also, if you have any useful resources/tools/websites for other CSOs in Kenya, I encourage you to share them with the community in the best practices post

• @willie254 said in Introduce yourself to the community:

@willie254 said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hello everyone, I' m Wilson i work with awareness against human trafficking (HAARTKenya) as a community awareness volunteer and partnerships. we are based in Nairobi staying in Nairobi too. I have been volunteering for the past 5 years and almost completing my BA in community development. I join this community to learn, interact and create networks. looking forward to an interactive period. Blessings.

Welcome Wilson!

Sounds like you're very busy between finishing your BA in community development (congratulations!) and working with HAART Kenya. What does your role as community awareness volunteer involve? After graduation, are you planning to continue working with HAART Kenya?

@jason my work is community awareness creation through organized workshops with community members and the first responders on the manifestation of human trafficking in the local villages and urban centers too. On the issue of working with HAART kenya if i get an opportunity i will gladly take it but if i get a more favorable offer i will consider it too. Thank you for the congrats. Actually am in Narok maasai mara university.

Awesome - sounds like incredibly important and valuable work. Hope you get many job offers that are interesting to you :)

If you have any useful resources/tools/websites for other CSOs in Kenya, I encourage you to share them with the community in the best practices post :)

• @bettyk said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi Everyone.
    My name is Betty I live in Mombasa,founder at Abetec Business Solutions.A social enterprise that empowers young girls and women to live their full potential.Nice to meet all of you.I chose to join this community because of its authenticity in terms of creating a social impact in communities.

Welcome Betty! Can you share more about the programs and/or services Abetec offers to empower young girls and women?

• @awinokyalo said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi everyone, My name is Recky Awino Kyalo, I work with Humanitarian Organization for Partnership in Development (HOPE) Trust Kenya, as a Country Director, We work in Kisumu and Vihiga County in western Kenya. We work with children ensuring they get education as part of community development, we also work with youth in skill building and women in economic empowerment. Am glad to be part of this group to share experiences and to learn. Thank you.

Welcome Recky! Great to have you here. It sounds like you and HOPE Trust are doing fantastic work in Kenya. What are your strategies for supporting children to get education?

• @njeri said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi everyone,

Hamjambo. Nancy from VAP, an organization that leverages the power and popularity of soccer to reach out to young people. I am the founder of mrembo girls program ,
    glad to interact ,share and learn .

Great to have you here Nancy. VAP sounds like a great organization - sports are such an incredible vehicle to support youth of all backgrounds. How did you get involved in this work?

• @wamaithandungu said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi everyone,

Hello Everyone?
    My name is Patricia, a resident of Wangige subcounty, Kabete constituency, Kiambu County.
    I am in the process of forming a non governmental organisation aimed at reaching out to abused and underprivileged women in our society.
    I am here to learn all I can in order to start and run the organisation successfully.

Welcome Patricia! So inspiring that you're looking to start your own NGO, especially given its focus on women in need. What inspired you to do this? How are you learning how to start this organization?

If you have any useful resources/tools/websites for other CSOs in Kenya, I encourage you to share them with the community in the best practices post :)

• @denicejuma said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi Everyone, I am Juma and I am from Nairobi, Kenya. I work for FHI 360 CB-HIPP project as a Data Manager. I joined this community to share and learn from others. Regards

Welcome Juma! Can you share more about what the CB-HIPP project is?

• @johanssenobanda said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Jambo Kenya! My name is Johanssen Obanda. I live in Kisumu. I worl at jabulani Youths for Transformation as Executive Chairman. I joined this community to learn from and to share with everyone on board.

Welcome Johanssen! Are you able to share more about what Jabulani Youths for Transformation does?

• Hello everyone
    i am Abubakar Mbarak, i am a social entreprenuer and a Marine engineer.
    i joined this community to learn from one another and help us move forward as a nation

1 Reply
  • Hey everyone. I am Migwa, a global project management consultant currently based in Nairobi. I am here to learn and grow my knowledge/skills in order to improve my productivity at work. And finally, I look forward to read or listen to your inputs, contribution and insights to further my knowledge.

• Hi good people, am Osnel, I currently work as an internal auditor in a Nairobi based organisation. I am here to broaden my knowledge and also interact with similar minded people. I have worked as a volunteer before in a number of NGOs and I am looking forward to going back and working with social enterprises that improve and enhance our communities.

Hi there,

Hi Rodah, spoke to you guys at WWF a while ago, any progress in individual giving?

Hi everyone,

Hi all. It is really good to mingle among st such good people.I live at Donholm estate. I am the quality assurance manager at Vetcare Kenya Limited manufacturing pharmaceuticals. I am actively pursuing knowledge and in the near future i will do a lot for our communities.

Hi everyone,

Hello everyone, I am Inviolata Njeri Njoroge - Ochieng, I live and work in Nairobi for LVCT Health. At LVCT Health I Co-ordinate social protection interventions under a program called DREAMS. I join the Kenya community to share (my little experience) and learn from the community. In addition to what I do at LVCT Health, I am passionate about improving the quality of lives for poor people and since the resources are always limited this platform comes in handy to help me increase my network and learn more about fundraising.

Hi everyone,

Hi Jason, I recently took a course here and I was certified. I wanted the certificate, but your page only allows for viewing of the certificate, but not printing. I want the hard copy of the cert. is there a way I cant get the hard copt

• Hi everyone Am Dennis Ayoyi from Mombasa am the CEO of EFA Kenya and our work is to promote inclusive education in Kenya.I join the forum to learn from what others and network without forgetting the message of embracing inclusivity by all organization

• @abubakarmbarak said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hello everyone
    i am Abubakar Mbarak, i am a social entreprenuer and a Marine engineer.
    i joined this community to learn from one another and help us move forward as a nation

@danmigwa said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hey everyone. I am Migwa, a global project management consultant currently based in Nairobi. I am here to learn and grow my knowledge/skills in order to improve my productivity at work. And finally, I look forward to read or listen to your inputs, contribution and insights to further my knowledge.

@osnel said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi good people, am Osnel, I currently work as an internal auditor in a Nairobi based organisation. I am here to broaden my knowledge and also interact with similar minded people. I have worked as a volunteer before in a number of NGOs and I am looking forward to going back and working with social enterprises that improve and enhance our communities.

@paulkisia said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi all. It is really good to mingle among st such good people.I live at Donholm estate. I am the quality assurance manager at Vetcare Kenya Limited manufacturing pharmaceuticals. I am actively pursuing knowledge and in the near future i will do a lot for our communities.

@inviolata said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hello everyone, I am Inviolata Njeri Njoroge - Ochieng, I live and work in Nairobi for LVCT Health. At LVCT Health I Co-ordinate social protection interventions under a program called DREAMS. I join the Kenya community to share (my little experience) and learn from the community. In addition to what I do at LVCT Health, I am passionate about improving the quality of lives for poor people and since the resources are always limited this platform comes in handy to help me increase my network and learn more about fundraising.

Welcome everyone! ( @abubakarmbarak @danmigwa @Osnel @PAULKISIA @Inviolata )

It is so great to have you here and to learn about what you are working on. Please continue to use this community as a way to connect with each other and to share ideas, questions, and thoughts.

And please join me in welcoming Dennis ( @55486 ) to the community as well!

@55486 said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi everyone Am Dennis Ayoyi from Mombasa am the CEO of EFA Kenya and our work is to promote inclusive education in Kenya.I join the forum to learn from what others and network without forgetting the message of embracing inclusivity by all organization

So great to have you here, Dennis. Do you have any thoughts to share with the group?

• @jason said in Introduce yourself to the community -Kenya:

Hi everyone,

I'm Elizabeth Chege from Nairobi, Kenya. I work at a church called Karura Community Chapel as a Ministry Coordinator. I've joined the community to learn, share, grow and to network.

1 Reply
  • @lizzie said in Introduce yourself to the community -Kenya:

I'm Elizabeth Chege from Nairobi, Kenya. I work at a church called Karura Community Chapel as a Ministry Coordinator. I've joined the community to learn, share, grow and to network.

Welcome Elizabeth! ( @lizzie ) So great to have you here!

Would you like to share a bit about your work with the community? Do you have any questions to ask others here? This is a great place to connect!

• Course Facilitator

hi everyone,am Carolyne Nyarangi,am currently a full time mom but have a background in HR and have gone through four courses on this platform ie 1)essentials of non-profit strategy,fundraising strategies,fundraising connecting with donors and introduction to fundraising and currently doing fundamentals of project management.am also a course ambassador to three of the named courses above,i have worked in a non-profit sector before and hope to get back soon,am really excited to be part of philanthropy university and also being a part of team Kenya,hope to learn more from you all.thanks

Hi everyone,

Helo Everyone! My name is Ohawa Rawlings Ochieng from Komarock Nairobi. I am trainer, social worker, researcher and am currently involved in a project with Arden Housekeepers and Nanny training where we focus on empowering young women and girls from urban poor areas including Kayole and Soweto. We train and give certification to girls who cannot afford to pay for any course and then place them with various employers. It has helped many housewives to get relevant qualifications , especially in housekeeping and accommodation. I am here to learn more on monitoring and evaluation while also sharing my experience and skills

• Hi Good People, i am Dennis, Business Operations Manager at Invest In Africa (IIA-Kenya) is a not-for-profit private sector organization with the vision to create thriving African economies. We have built an online technology platform (The African Partner Pool – APP: www.appkenya,com ) that links pre-vetted SME Suppliers who register on our platform to Buyers (Big corporates and organizations) seeking to find credible local SME suppliers to transact with.

1 Reply
  • @okore said in Introduce yourself to the community -Kenya:

Hi Good People, i am Dennis, Business Operations Manager at Invest In Africa (IIA-Kenya) is a not-for-profit private sector organization with the vision to create thriving African economies. We have built an online technology platform (The African Partner Pool – APP: www.appkenya,com ) that links pre-vetted SME Suppliers who register on our platform to Buyers (Big corporates and organizations) seeking to find credible local SME suppliers to transact with.

Welcome Dennis @okore, it is wonderful to have you here!

Hi everyone,

Hello everyone. My name is Edinah Osinde. I live in Nairobi. Currently am a student of Southern Adventist University, pursuing Master of Science in Global Community Development, hoping to start my internship of 32 weeks from February 2019. Concluding up my studies by September 2019. I have joined this community to learn more skills about M&E of projects, how to have sustainable projects in the community and to share the knowledge have learned that our communities are not empty, we have some resources where we can start from. Our glass is half full we only need some training to fill the glass. Hoping to learn and share to the community. Thanks

• Hello am zipporah from kenya,live in Nairobi.I was working in non profit organization as an admin,and that where i decided I would really want to learn about monitoring and evaluation,and as I was searching I saw philanthropy,and here I am ,where i would love to learn and grow.By the end of it its to have skills.

• Hi everyone , am Kennedy Kaware an Accountant by profession ,currently located in Nairobi, am here to learn, acquire more knowledge and Skills

• Hey guys, My name is Margaret Naserian. I live in Nairobi and i work as an Admin assistant. I look forward to learning and sharing with everyone in this community.

• Hello every am Bintifundi from Mombasa, I did accountancy professionally but i work with a Talent Quest Africa (Mombasa branch) dealing with working abroad. Am here cause i want to expand and acquire new knowledge on fundraising, thinking of heading that way in future. Its my pleasure to e-meet all of you. Thanks

• Hello everyone, my name is Hamdu Mahat and I'm cash cash transfer officer at windle international kenya . i live in Dadaab-Kenya. i joined here to learn and exchange ideas with the rest of the team. thanks

• Hi everyone. My name is Timothy. A project management specialist, previously worked for refugees. I am interested in pursuing courses in resource mobilization among many other courses.

• I am Meshack Ouma from Kisumu Kenya, trained in Business Management but been doing data related services for non governmental organizations e.g PATH, Leonard Cheshire etc over the past months. Im here to boost my knowledge on monitoring and evaluation among other courses.

• @willie254 said in Introduce yourself to the community -Kenya:
    Hi everyone
    Am Francis Mallo, from i residence in Nairobi, Former Admin Nairobi People Settlement Network (NPSN) but currently working with New Hope Education Centre in Mathare Slum, i come to know Philanthropy University through my Fb then i enrolled in one of their courses that's resource mobilization wherby i completed first level, now i have enrolled again in the second level over the same course, I join this community to learn more , interact and create networks. looking forward to an interactive period. Blessings.

• Hi.am Ruth Simiyu . AM a receptionist at Kitale hospital in Kitale . AM from Kitale and am here to gain knowledge and share inorder to improve myself.

• Hi everyone, my name is Wycliffe. Am in Nairobi town, working for Simpay Limited as a technical support and customer care department. Am happy to be par t of this team to learn and share with members on how to positively impact our society in Kenya. Thanks

• @willie254 said in Introduce yourself to the community -Kenya:

Hi Wilson. Do you happen to have a branch in Mombasa? I would love to volunteer. Thanks

• Hello 👋
    I'm so excited...
    My name is Tiffany Tawarar.
    Ive joined this community not too long ago.
    I have recently graduated and this is the next step for me, learning how to help people and make an impact for real...
    I have not formed an organisation yet but I soon hope to form one.
    I have been recruited as a volunteer for an NPO ,and I feel like this place is where I should have been all this time.
    I'm sure I'll get to know you with time.

• hello people. Im riziki, a student at the university of nairobi, currently on an internship program with vision 4 housing cooperative. i joined this school in order to acquire more skills and knowledge

• Hi everyone, am Patricia office administrator from Nairobi am here to learn and acquire skills

• Hi everyone!
    My name is Judi from Nairobi and very happy to be here. I've been working in the corporate world, most recently at Oracle Kenya as Executive Assistant to the MD. This was a fixed contract which has now ended. I'm also passionate about community development and currently looking to find a new organization where I can get involved. I look forward to learning new skills, networking and most importantly, doing what my heart truly desires!

• Hello everyone, Am Aouki Padox and I Founded the seed Foundation. This program works with the most vulnerable members in the marginalized regions of Kenya and the Slums. Our work concentrates on education and empowerment to to bring-out community members out of the cycle of poverty. We currently run two schools in different settings with the aim of involving more to come up with a community centre from each of the settings.

• Greetings everyone,My Name is Esther,C.E.O African Pot Dishes Restaurant For Catering Skill Acquisition and holiday accommodations.At African Pot Dishes Restaurant Located in Shanzu,Serena Road opposite flamingo beach hotel,we work with vulnerable women and teenage mothers and train the catering skills and how they can make cooking a career to earn income.I Live in Mombasa and i joined this community to learn.interact and network.Thank You

• Hi everyone, I am Emmaus Bett, A consultant with UNES consultancy here in Nairobi. I also work with Lanetrizons IT Services as a Data Analyst and IT Support, this course is really important as we seek to empower organizations perforamce through monitoring and evaluation. we can always connect. hit me up at kim@kims-ke.com

• Hey everyone. I'm Samia Abud from Mombasa. I work for a community hospital in Mombasa as a HR Manager, Marketing Manager and undertake many other ancillary duties. I'm looking to network and learn new skills and make friends along the way. My interests are community work and adding value to our people. I'm thrilled to be here and looking forward to a great experience.

• Hi everyone,
    I am Veronica, a Masters student in Egerton University but residing in Ngong town, Kajiado County and i have joined this community so that i can interact with professionals, learn and gain some knowledge and skills.

• hello everyone. am elizabeth from Murang'a kenya. a teacher by profession but am passionate about environmental programs and agricultural programs. am here to gain knowledge and skills that will help me achieve my dreams. thank you

• Hello! My name is Connie from Mombasa. I work with an oil company as an operations technician and in my final year of my MSc in global challenges. I also volunteer as an M&E officer with BigShip CBO which deals with mangrove restoration and community development with regards to the environment. I want to gain more skills in M&E, interact and network as I learn from you all.

• @Jason said in Introduce yourself to the community -Kenya:

Hi everyone,

Hi everyone,
    i am James Gichuki Wachira,based in Nairobi Kenya East Africa.i work with Life Care Fellowship International as the director and president,i choose to join this community to learn more on issues of raising and mobilizing resources that would transform our communities.

• Hi everyone my name is Davin Ombui and I am a student learning Film studies.Am currently at Nairobi .I came here to acquire a personal skill and knowledge.

• Hallo, Everybody

I am Wilter Mutile , founding Director for Rural to Global Foundation. Living in Nairobi and working in 3 different counties Nairobi, Kakamega and Machakos. We believe in the un seen power that rural marginalized adolescent girls have. With this were are intentionally empowering and giving opportunities, safe spaces and a voice to in and out of school adolescent girls and teen mothers to thrive in.
    Am looking forward to share my expertise as well as learn, un learn and re learn in this space. It will of great honor to create new like minded networks from the community.

Thank you.

• Good day friends, I am Joseph. Glad to be part of the team. I am into health care Administration and still currently a student at Brigham Young University. I joined this platform to learn and develop myself in all areas of life. I look forward to learning from each of you as well as collaborating together where needed. Watch ☝️This space.

• Hello everyone
    My name is Solomon wakhu, currently working with KWS but staying in Mombasa.l have joined to increase skills and also find solutions to some problems

• Hi Everyone I am Victor Omondi from Nairobi Kenya, a Fundraising and resource mobiliser manager for Salesian Sisters of Don Bosco. I am here to network with like minded people and to gain some experience in crowdfunding.

Thanks.

• Hi everyone,
    Iam Rodah from Kakamega, Iam a 3rd year student taking statistics and programming at Machakos University. I have worked partly with One Acre Fund org and I have a great interest and passion in taking part in community development. Iam here to learn from experts and everyone else so I can boost my knowledge and be of better service to our communities.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.