Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Village empowerment

Hi! My name is Eghar Anugrapaksi, I'm currently studying medicine in University of Indonesia and I'm passionate about community empowerment, especially through the smallest governmental structure in this country, villlage (desa).

Just as you guys know, lately we've heard about the commitment of our government to build this nation start from the outermost part, from the periphery. They launch program called "#MulaiDariDesa", initiated by the Minister of Village, Disadvantaged Regions and Transmigration.

What I see is an opportunity to reach these people with the purpose of empowering them through various sectors, such as economy, health, education, tourism, agriculture, etc.

Let me know if anyone here has the same passion as me! Please reply below! Thanks!

B
    2 Replies
  • Hi, Edgar Anugrapaksi ! I am Apriliyani. I am very interested in the idea of #MulaiDariDesa as I was originated in a small village in east java. I am very interested in contributing in education, economy and tourism sectors. But, all this time I was clueless of how to do just that. Does anyone here know any platform to do just that?

1 Reply
  • @egharanugrapaksi said in Village empowerment:

Hi! My name is Eghar Anugrapaksi, I'm currently studying medicine in University of Indonesia and I'm passionate about community empowerment, especially through the smallest governmental structure in this country, villlage (desa).

Just as you guys know, lately we've heard about the commitment of our government to build this nation start from the outermost part, from the periphery. They launch program called "#MulaiDariDesa", initiated by the Minister of Village, Disadvantaged Regions and Transmigration.

What I see is an opportunity to reach these people with the purpose of empowering them through various sectors, such as economy, health, education, tourism, agriculture, etc.

Let me know if anyone here has the same passion as me! Please reply below! Thanks!

Hi everyone, I am a bule, not a local; but living in Bali- I am interested in helping local communities.

1 Reply
  • @Apriliyani said in Village empowerment:

Hi, Edgar Anugrapaksi ! I am Apriliyani. I am very interested in the idea of #MulaiDariDesa as I was originated in a small village in east java. I am very interested in contributing in education, economy and tourism sectors. But, all this time I was clueless of how to do just that. Does anyone here know any platform to do just that?

Hi April! Well, we can always start one. Which part of village interest you the most? Let's discuss!

• @baliems said in Village empowerment:

@egharanugrapaksi said in Village empowerment:

Hi everyone, I am a bule, not a local; but living in Bali- I am interested in helping local communities.

Hi Bule! (is that a real name? haha). Which local communities you are interested in? We can discuss it here if you want :)

• Hello my name is Mey and I am from Malang East Java.
    Lets spread this movement!

• @egharanugrapaksi said in Village empowerment:

Hi @egharanugrapaksi . Really nice to hear about your story. I think we're currently at the similar stage since I'm also a student, but in design sector

I'm Ryan Sucipto from Tangerang Regency, Indonesia. Currently I'm still 22-years old but I'm blessed to be able to Innitiate Social Designee, a creativity based social community in Indonesia. Our vision is to create a positive social ecosystem for young people, so they can solve social problem and innovation through their creativity. Our current activity is local community development in rural area. We're currently developing 18 villages by empowering 1400 volunteers with various backgrounds.

So we've same passion for empowerment in the village. But maybe at different provinces in Indonesia. But if there are any opportunity for collaboration in social project, i will be more than happy to know :)

warm regards,
    Ryan

• Hi Everyone! I am so happy to see young people in Indonesia are having concerns about developing our smallest community (Desa). I am Angela Pontororing and right now I am working in a local NGO working in villages. The reality is now our government has many different good programs for us but most of villagers don't know about the program or the way to access them. For example, our Disnaker have BLK (Balai Latihan Kerja) which can help us building our expertise in one work area with internship program (!) and you'll get certificate and even some allowance during the program !!! but not many peope know it!
    also our Dinas Pertanian has a lot of program for farmers group in villages, but not many can access it, because their farmers group are not registered.
    There's also a problem with human resources. Posyandu in Villages has problem finding Health Cadre with good capacity to run posyandu programs. (that's for health problem)
    So if you guys want to help, I think you can start by finding this important information and share with the villagers. if you're doing KKN, please design a program that can bridge this gap. you can work together with the government to do workshops or information session on their program ( for example invite Disnaker or Puskermas). yes infrastructure is important, but most villages can do that alone from dana desa. but they don't have the knowledge that you have, so you can spread that. :) :) :)

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.