Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Introduce yourself to the community -Tanzania

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Tanzania community of practice! My name is Jason and I’m a community manager here at Philanthropy University.

Please use this topic to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

B
    1 Reply
  • Welcome @hatibuibra, @mnimoh, and @bedatarimo! Great to have you all in the Tanzania community of practice!

Where in Tanzania do you all live? What sort of work do you all do?

2 Replies
  • Course Facilitator

@jason said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Welcome @hatibuibra, @mnimoh, and @bedatarimo! Great to have you all in the Tanzania community of practice!

My name is Japhet Aloyce Kalegeya, am living in Nzega District, Tabora region.
    I am working with Christian Education and Development Organization (CEDO). CEDO is non governmental organization NGO, registered in 2010 with registration No oooo3928.

The organization activity is focused in health service, agricultural, education, good governance, research, entrepreneurship.

Our tagert groups are women, young people, children, elders and students.

1 Reply
  • Hello Friends,

My name is Beda Tarimo (30) I'm living in Arusha, Tanzania, East Africa. I'm the previous learner of Philanthropy University, currently I'm the Founder and Chief Executive Officer at Unique Development for Future; the registered non profit organization solely deal with eradication of child marriages and adolescent pregnancy in Tanzania Mainland.

I'm joining this community to sharpen my fundraising skills and learn to attract and define partnership. I look forward to share, grasp wealth of knowledge and skills and send back to our non profit organisation and utilize towards our vision of the world without child marriages where teenager and youth become the greatest version of themselves. https://www.udf.ngo

I'm so glad to be part of Philanthropy University learners in this community, hope we will learn from each other.

Peace!
    Beda Tarimo.

2 Replies
  • @jason said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Welcome @hatibuibra, @mnimoh, and @bedatarimo! Great to have you all in the Tanzania community of practice!

Thank you so much Jason, I'm glad to be the part of this community too!

• @kalegeya said in Introduce yourself to the community:

My name is Japhet Aloyce Kalegeya, am living in Nzega District, Tabora region.
    I am working with Christian Education and Development Organization (CEDO). CEDO is non governmental organization NGO, registered in 2010 with registration No oooo3928.

The organization activity is focused in health service, agricultural, education, good governance, research, entrepreneurship.

Our tagert groups are women, young people, children, elders and students.

Hello Japhet, I'm glad to connect with you here. It's a great initiative, congratulation dear!

• Course Facilitator

@bedatarimo said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hello Friends,

My name is Beda Tarimo (30) I'm living Arusha, Tanzania, East Africa. I'm the previous learner of Philanthropy University, currently I'm the Founder and Chief Executive Officer at Unique Development for Future; the registered non profit organization solely deal with eradication of child marriages and adolescent pregnancy in Tanzania Mainland.

I'm joining this community to sharpen my fundraising skills and learn to attract and define partnership. I look forward to share, grasp wealth of knowledge and skills and send back to our non profit organisation and utilize towards our vision of the world without child marriages where teenager and youth become the greatest version of themselves. https://www.udf.ngo

I'm so glad to be part of Philanthropy University learners in this community, hope we will learn from each other.

Peace!
    Beda Tarimo.

Hi. Beda, thank you for your introduction. Yes, early marriages and unwanted pregnancies is great challenge faces adolescent girls in Tanzania. What is the rate of early marriages in your area for the last year? Which methods are use to combat with this problem?!

(FB_IMG_1522953849883.jpg

1 Reply
  • @kalegeya said in Introduce yourself to the community:

@bedatarimo said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hello Friends,

My name is Beda Tarimo (30) I'm living Arusha, Tanzania, East Africa. I'm the previous learner of Philanthropy University, currently I'm the Founder and Chief Executive Officer at Unique Development for Future; the registered non profit organization solely deal with eradication of child marriages and adolescent pregnancy in Tanzania Mainland.

Peace!
    Beda Tarimo.

Hi. Beda, thank you for your introduction. Yes, early marriages and unwanted pregnancies is great challenge faces adolescent girls in Tanzania. What is the rate of early marriages in your area for the last year? Which methods are use to combat with this problem?![alt text](FB_IMG_1522953849883.jpg image url)

Dear Kalegeya thank you for the great question!

About 8,000 girls in Tanzania drop out of school each year due to pregnancy according to Human Right Watch,2014. Tanzania was listed in number 10 among the list of 20 countries with high absolute number of child marriages prevalence in the world as per UNICEF State of the World’s Children, 2016. Child marriage violates girls’ rights to health, education and opportunity. It exposes girls to violence throughout their lives, and traps them in a cycle of ill-health and poverty. Adolescent pregnancies remains a major contributor to maternal mortality, infant mortality, child mortality, fistula and to the circle of ill-health and poverty. Adolescent pregnancy and child marriages hinder the achievement of six goals of 2030 Sustainable Development Goals (SDG’s)

We are currently raising fund for our program named Ending Child Marriages Everywhere (ECME) in Manyara Region,Tanzania. 34% of girls are married before reaching the 18 years old in Manyara Region, according to Child Marriage Survey of Tanzania, REPOA 2017.

We are deal with this problem by :-

• Educating community about the consequence of adolescent pregnancy and child marriages through community meetings

• Identifying disadvantaged teenager girls and providing them with education support such as uniform, school supplies or school fees

• Agree with disadvantaged families to keep their daughter in school and unmarried and we will reward them

• Providing mentorship to in school and out of school teenager and youth about sexual reproductive information, consequences of adolescent pregnancy and child marriages, inspire them to figure out their life purpose, instruct them to formulate life plan and focusing to live their life to the fullest toward becoming the greatest version of themselves.

Dear Kalegeya, you can visit our website in this link to learn more about our initiative https://www.udf.ngo

Thank you!

• Hi Team!
    My names are Jesca Kimosso from Dar es Salaam Tanzania, I am a community leader and currently a communication Intern at Digital Opportunity Trust Tanzania, a non profit organization dealing with empowering youth with knowledge and tools to become daring social innovators. before my communication interim I have been working with community members facilitating ICT and entrepreneurship skills. for me that was a moment of learning and analyzing community challenges. the reason why am here is to improve my knowledge, skills and network for the aim of becoming more competent and ready to solve the challenges that are happening to my community. am pleased to be here and am looking forward to learn from you all. to know more about what DOTT does please follow us on twitter @DOTTanzania facebook and Instagragram @DOTTANZANIA

2 Replies

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Tanzania community of practice! My name is Jason and I’m a community manager here at Philanthropy University.

Please use this topic to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

Hello, i'm Barnabas from Dar es Salaam. i'm here to learn, network and use the acquired knowledge to help improve the lives of people around me.

1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

@jescakimosso said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi Team!
    My names are Jesca Kimosso from Dar es Salaam Tanzania, I am a community leader and currently a communication Intern at Digital Opportunity Trust Tanzania, a non profit organization dealing with empowering youth with knowledge and tools to become daring social innovators. before my communication interim I have been working with community members facilitating ICT and entrepreneurship skills. for me that was a moment of learning and analyzing community challenges. the reason why am here is to improve my knowledge, skills and network for the aim of becoming more competent and ready to solve the challenges that are happening to my community. am pleased to be here and am looking forward to learn from you all. to know more about what DOTT does please follow us on twitter @DOTTanzania facebook and Instagragram @DOTTANZANIA

• Hi All,
    My name is Hassan, am living in Dar es Salaam, working with FHI360 USAID Tulonge Afya Project as Senior M&E/KM Officer.
    Looking forward to get new experiences from other people.

1 Reply
  • Hello
    I am Prisca Michael, a Program Manager at an organization called Bridge for change. We work to empower youth to be self-initiative takers and innovative. We are based in Dar es Salaam and work with youth in secondary schools and beyond. I am here to learn more about running an NGO effectively and connect.

1 Reply
  • @bedatarimo said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hello Friends,

My name is Beda Tarimo (30) I'm living in Arusha, Tanzania, East Africa. I'm the previous learner of Philanthropy University, currently I'm the Founder and Chief Executive Officer at Unique Development for Future; the registered non profit organization solely deal with eradication of child marriages and adolescent pregnancy in Tanzania Mainland.

Peace!
    Beda Tarimo.

Welcome Beda! Great to have you here :) UDF sounds like an incredibly important organization given its mission. How did you come to found this organization?

Also, if you have any resources / websites / files that you think will be valuable to other Tanzanian CSOs, I encourage you to share them in the best practices post :)

• @jescakimosso said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi Team!

Welcome Jesca! So fantastic that you're embarking on such an important career :) What drew you to this work in the first place?

If you have any resources / websites / files that you think will be valuable to other Tanzanian CSOs, I encourage you to share them in the best practices post :)

• @barnabaskm said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi everyone,

Hello, i'm Barnabas from Dar es Salaam. i'm here to learn, network and use the acquired knowledge to help improve the lives of people around me.

Welcome Barnabas! Can you share some more about your background? Do you or have you worked for a nonprofit organization?

Also, if you have any resources / websites / files that you think will be valuable to other Tanzanian CSOs, I encourage you to share them in the best practices post :)

• @hchaula said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi All,
    My name is Hassan, am living in Dar es Salaam, working with FHI360 USAID Tulonge Afya Project as Senior M&E/KM Officer.

Welcome Hassan! Wonderful to have so many people from Dar es Salaam here - yourself, @Jescakimosso , @barnabaskm , @2-6 , and I'm sure others! Maybe an in person meet-up is due?

Can you share some more about what the Tulonge Afya Project is working on?

H
    1 Reply
  • @2-6 said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hello
    I am Prisca Michael, a Program Manager at an organization called Bridge for change. We work to empower youth to be self-initiative takers and innovative. We are based in Dar es Salaam and work with youth in secondary schools and beyond. I am here to learn more about running an NGO effectively and connect.

Welcome Prisca! Bridge for Change sounds like a fantastic organization. What sort of programs do you and your organization use to empower youth in these ways?

@hchaula said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi All,

Welcome Hassan! Wonderful to have so many people from Dar es Salaam here - yourself, @Jescakimosso , @barnabaskm , @2-6 , and I'm sure others! Maybe an in person meet-up is due?

Can you share some more about what the Tulonge Afya Project is working on?

Just a brief follow the link to get information for our project
    https://www.fhi360.org/projects/comprehensive-platform-integrated-communication-initiative-tulonge-afya

• Hello am glad to meet you all here, my names are Olivaleah Uliki from Mwanza,working in an organization named Wadada Center currently am dealing with the project of eradicating teen pregnancies in schools.

1 Reply
  • @olivaleah said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hello am glad to meet you all here, my names are Olivaleah Uliki from Mwanza,working in an organization named Wadada Center currently am dealing with the project of eradicating teen pregnancies in schools.

Welcome Olivaleah! Great to have you here. Teen pregnancies is such an important but also I imagine challenging mission to be focused on. What are the strategies that you and the Wadada Center employ to address this issue?

• Dear members
    My name is Daniel Kasongi from Mwanza - Tanzania a graduate from the Institute of Rural Development Planning pursued B.A of Environmental Planning and Management. Currently am working with Governance Links Tanzania a Non - Governmental Organization and am working as a WASH and support adviser to the organization. The organization is mainly dealing with trade governance, health governance, good governance though policy advocacy, Environmental and climate change project and last is WASH programs in Mwanza region. For members who feel free to interact with me to discuss and disseminate various issues or topics and networking please note my email as kasongidaniel@gmail.com or mobile contacts via Whats App:+255752884099.

• Hi .. I trust your doing great.
    I'm Patrick Rugakingira currently relocated in Mwanza, I worked as Individual Consultancy affiliated with African Leadership Magazine and Young African Leadership Initiative (YALI) in matter concerned Demographic and sociology. I join this BOAT for knowledge sharing and professional challenging. I believe I press right planet.

• hello member of community, my name is seif yahya nassor, i live at zanzibar, pemba , am i volunteer in local NGO which is Ziwani Development Organization, ZIDO, i am a procurement and administrative officer i support the organization in all issues of procurement and administrative ways, our organization deals with different social activities like Education, health and environment conservation

I'm so glad to be part of Philanthropy University learners in this community, hope we will learn from each other
    kindly regard
    SEIF YAHYA NASSOR

• Hi to all members in here, Am Kamuhanda Method, A Data Analyst from "All Mothers and Children Count" Project implemented by Anglican Church of Tanzania, Diocese of Masasi(FBO). The project is funded by the Primate's World Relief Development Fund and Global Affairs Canada. The main object is to contribte on Tanzania government's efforts on reducing maternal death to pregnant women, newborns and children under five by imrpoving the availability and accessibility of health care services, provide basic healthy education to communities, improving nutrition status, and access to clean and safe water to the community. I'm in this group to uphold my knoweledge on Monitoring and Evaluation, Fundrising, and running NGOs/CSOs; and share knowledge, skills, experience, case studies and success storries with other group members so as to improve the livelihood of the community members we serve. For more details contact me through my email; medard2011@gmail.com, and WhatsApp number +255626943117

• My name is Sufian Msonde, am living in Ilala, Dar es Salaam region.
    I am working with Ward executive office as a Volunteer is a governmental organization since 2017.
    We serve the community as a whole.

• Welcome everyone to the community! It is so wonderful to have you here :)

I hope you will connect with one another to share knowledge, ask questions, and discuss any local issues you may be working on. Thank you for being here :)

D
    1 Reply
  • @Mark_G said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Welcome everyone to the community! It is so wonderful to have you here :)

I hope you will connect with one another to share knowledge, ask questions, and discuss any local issues you may be working on. Thank you for being here

• Hi:my Name is Dessalegn Tebratu

• hi i'm samson mking'i. university student . i join the community in Oder to learn more and share ideas

• Welcome everyone!

• I'm Janet Chapman from Tanzania Development Trust, which has been funding grassroots organisations in certain areas of rural Tanzania for 43 years, and also the founder of Crowd2Map which is mapping rural Tanzania into OpenStreetMap for community development and to help protect girls from Female Genital Mutilation.

• For any body waiting to start learning a program name Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation. Please let as know each the program is about to start.
    Tafadhari kama ni mmoja wapo nicheki ilikusudi tuyaweke sawa.

G
    O
    2 Replies
  • @Gamba said in Introduce yourself to the community -Tanzania:

For any body waiting to start learning a program name Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation. Please let as know each the program is about to start.

mje basi

• MAMBO,
    My name is ATHUMANI MUSSA MSANGI from Dar es Salaam , also am Monitoring and Evaluation advisor in SNV Netherlands Organization Tanzania. Nice to meet you all, Mobile: 255676599755, email, athumanimmsangi@gmail.com

• HELLO EVERYONE HERE
    im irene thomas from dar es salaam aged 24, im here to learn and get know skills on strategy an planning course.
    thanks so much

• @Gamba said in Introduce yourself to the community -Tanzania:

For any body waiting to start learning a program name Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation. Please let as know each the program is about to start.

Hello Gamba,
    Is the program still continuing?
    Thanks

• Hi,
    My name is Oscar B Mwaibabile. I am currently an independent public health specialist. I supervised and led teams in donor-funded projects with NIMR and the Ministry of Health. I hope to share my knowledge, learn from all of you and enhance networks. For more information contact me oscarbenford5@gmail.com Tel: +255715298380 LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/oscar-b-mwaibabile/
    Cheers
    Oscar

• Hi everyone,

My name is Karim Kalunga (28), I'm in between places ATM but my permanent residence is Dar es Salaam. I'm very excited to be in this community, to get to know you all and contribute to the topics. This is my first time on the platform, so I hope to make the most of it.

Oh! And... I am a devoted entrepreneur and a senior software engineer.

Thank you!

• My name is Douglas Nicholaus Mwaisaka am living at Nsimbo district, Katavi region, I am working with Ministry of Education Science and Technology as the Tutor in Folk development College also am a Director of Tuelimike Non governmental Organization working in Mpanda District.
    The organization focuses on sensitizing education, Good governance, environmental conservation and Human right.
    Tuelimike targeted to work with pupils and Children, Youth elderly based on all sex

• Hello ,
    My name is Alexander Fabian i'm Petroleum Geologist as my professional but i always dream of making the World a better place for all human beings.
    I'm planning to do my Master studies relating to Project M&E of natural resources for sustainable development goals (SDG's),Am an Philanthropist in nature and this is not my first time to study Project M&E online course.
    Currently you can locate me in Dar es Salaam, e-mail: fabianxander100@gmail.com Mobile:+255-675-90-1737

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.