Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• @Manishimwe said in Module 3 Discussion: Accepting Risks:

Doing a risk assessment in the first place is crucial for it will help you avoid or minimize on the level of the impact.
    I run a supermarket business which i have not insured and in case of fire work break, i can loose literally everything. going forward this mid year i intend to insure the business so i can be on a safer side

• @awyndham said in Module 3 Discussion: Accepting Risks:

This is the module 3 discussion. You may participate in this discussion after beginning module 3.

Sometimes, we identify a risk in advance but decide that it would be too difficult or expensive to prepare for it. This can be a difficult decision to make. So, for this module's discussion, let's share our thoughts: when is it okay to accept a risk? Do you have any examples of risks that you identified but chose to accept? Why did you decide to do that? Read through your peers' responses. Can you offer any advice or feedback?

Example response: One time that I accepted a risk was ______ . I accepted it because ____.

One time that I accepted a risk was planning for a group welcoming. I accepted it because it was minimal and could not have affected the whole event.

• Course Facilitator

@awyndham said in Module 3 Discussion: Accepting Risks:

One time that I accepted a risk was when idecided to neglect the aspect of climate on the project that will work best on a sunny day. I accepted it when rain started and try to minimise damage.

• I once accepted a risk because mitigating it was going to be impossible. We set up measures to ensure that it was not going to impact our project too much and kept an monitoring it to ensure we responded as quickly as possible.

This is the module 3 discussion. You may participate in this discussion after beginning module 3.

Sometimes, we identify a risk in advance but decide that it would be too difficult or expensive to prepare for it. This can be a difficult decision to make. So, for this module's discussion, let's share our thoughts: when is it okay to accept a risk? Do you have any examples of risks that you identified but chose to accept? Why did you decide to do that? Read through your peers' responses. Can you offer any advice or feedback?

Example response: One time that I accepted a risk was ______ . I accepted it because ____.

Accept is the good way

• Sometimes ago I got a job which I knew the welfare package and salary payments were very poor, yet I went ahead to take the job because that was the last option for me then, there was nothing I could do to change the status quo, so I just accepted the offer.

• some time ago i accepted a risk, and unfortunately things went bad, unexpectedly , in fact, was soo disappointing

• We once identified a risk of unforeseeable serious weather condition. Since, the likelihood of occurring is very slim, we simply decided to accept it. But in the end, we had to pay the price badly. A terrible experience...

One time i accepted a risk as a project manager was to continue the implementation of a community project even though the Management Committee of the NGO had made a decision to end the project. I knew fully well that the project was no longer going to be supported re resources by the Management Committee. I accepted the risk to continue with the project given that it meant that i had to identify resources on my own to continue with the project. I accepted the risk because for the period of the first year that the project ran, it made some positive contributions to the community and did not want the community to suffer or lose out on the added benefits that the project could deliver. Additionally, i made the decision to continue the project to its completion because at the start of the project, the community said that in the past, other stakeholders had made commitments to them for other projects but they failed to deliver and they were subsequently skeptical and suspicious of persons now promising to do work in their community. I felt that i did not want to add to their past disappointments and negative experience and felt obligated to ensure that the project at the time could have given them a different experience and helped them to appreciate that there are stakeholders out there that have a genuine interest in their development.

1 Reply
  • we can not avoid risks happening when managing projects, but the key point is how do we decide to manage risks , it is not advisable to accept risk when we are not sure getting sufficient means for controling risks.

• @Gustaff said in Module 3 Discussion: Accepting Risks:

We had a risk of rise in cost of materials in a project because of inflation and foreign exchange scarcity. We mitigated the risk by providing contingency in our pricing

Wow! This shows you have really take time to identify possible risk that might show up. Good job.

• i can avoid a risk if its avoidable. but, some risk cannot be avoided especially when it has to do with nature.

• I planned to have workshops for teachers over the weekend and I did anticipate that some participants would not attend due to their sabbath day and other family weekend commitments, yet the workshops could only be done during the weekends not to disrupt normal learning in schools, so I accepted the Risk.

• Course Facilitator

Ability to take responsibility and accept risk in a project is usually difficult. An example of this risk is marriage project where you get married to a woman you barely know believing that the two of you will cope together over time. If it works, then you are lucky and happy. But, if not, you will need to accept the risk especially when you do not plan for a divorce. This is one time that I accepted a risk by going ahead with the marriage because of my faith in God that everything will work well

• Course Facilitator

@Yarkpazuo said in Module 3 Discussion: Accepting Risks:

I applied for a job and didn't know my salary until the end of the first month. I accepted this risk because for so long I have been in search of a job and couldn't get one so getting one without knowing my salary was something I knew was a risk but accepted.

This is a big risk. I was just wondering how you were able to cope throughout the month.

• Course Facilitator

@RaviL said in Module 3 Discussion: Accepting Risks:

One time i accepted a risk as a project manager was to continue the implementation of a community project even though the Management Committee of the NGO had made a decision to end the project. I knew fully well that the project was no longer going to be supported re resources by the Management Committee. I accepted the risk to continue with the project given that it meant that i had to identify resources on my own to continue with the project. I accepted the risk because for the period of the first year that the project ran, it made some positive contributions to the community and did not want the community to suffer or lose out on the added benefits that the project could deliver. Additionally, i made the decision to continue the project to its completion because at the start of the project, the community said that in the past, other stakeholders had made commitments to them for other projects but they failed to deliver and they were subsequently skeptical and suspicious of persons now promising to do work in their community. I felt that i did not want to add to their past disappointments and negative experience and felt obligated to ensure that the project at the time could have given them a different experience and helped them to appreciate that there are stakeholders out there that have a genuine interest in their development.

Really? This is a big risk as well. I hope you were able to implement the project with meaningful impact on the community.

R
    1 Reply
  • One time that I accepted a risk was when I accepted to run a raffle that had prizes that amounted to $2000 but in order for one to enter the raffle they had to spend between $5 and $160. There were a number of entrees but not everyone that entered won therefore we spent $600 and we made $1420 so it was worth the risk.

• @toksadekanla said in Module 3 Discussion: Accepting Risks:

Really? This is a big risk as well. I hope you were able to implement the project with meaningful impact on the community.

The scope of the project had to be reduced in significant ways because some key resources were no longer available. We shifted focus to some easier targets example doing a homework centre for the children in the community as well as some field trips for them as well as some life skills training interventions, having some sporting activities for the young men and doing some skills training for the females. Luckily we were able to secure some support from some resource based stakeholders who gave financial and in kind support to some of the activities, the rent was prepaid for a while and we were able to negotiate some goodwill from the landlord for a few extra months, as well as we were able to get the parents to subsidize some of the expenses for the field trips. Additionally, we were able to get some training stakeholders to provide and sponsor the training programmes for the women and life skills training as well.

Even with all the challenges we were able to keep the programme running eight months beyond the scheduled close date. I developed a strong affinity for that community and felt really sad when the programme had to end but at that point, there was no other choice because resources were no longer available and we had exhausted all the good will we were able to create.

In the end, some good work was still able to be accomplished in that community through this project, though somewhat removed from what was originally planned.

M
    1 Reply
  • Well in 2017, SOME decided to organize a Christmas party for the poor on a particular day. Unfortunately for us, about three churches were doing same thing,same time! Because our venue was off major streets, our guests never arrived! Everything was ready! The foods, drinks, gifts, musicians and comedian including, the board's of trustees! While waited for the chairman, board of trustees, our invited guests were yet to arrive!

With the scenario on ground and a possible rebuttal from the board's of trustees as the atmosphere was charged, I called my Director General aside and asked for some money to enable me go to these other venues to bring guests for our program. He quickly, gave me money for four buses. Within an hour, our venue became a behave of activities and that saved the day!

I did not know that what I did then was to identify the risk and to mitigate against it until now! Am so greatful!

• Course Facilitator

In such a case, the activity that was envisaged should undergo a thorough revision of the objectives or perhaps, it coincided with other activities of the students. And so planning and time allocation must have been at the centre of the puzzle. Hence, more reflections needed to handle this risk.

• The best time to accept a risk is when the likelihood is low.

• Risk to accepts are risk with low likelihood.

• One time we were implementing a research project that required procurement of transport vehicles. Given that our organisation was governed under the state corporation, we had identified delay in procurement as one of the risks given the bureaucracy followed. In the course of the project, there was changes in procurement requirements in terms of number of tender as well as participatory approach to enhance transparency. The project timelines were adversely affected since we had to accept the unforeseen risk.

M
    1 Reply
  • I once accepted the risk of implementing a service improvement initiative at my place of work without the required management approvals in place. The management noted that the initiative was a good one and will benefit the organisation but didn't grant the required approvals related to security and manpower but I still went ahead with th resources I had available.
    At the end, the implementation was successful with recorded positive impact on service delivery in the organisation.
    The management also commended the effort.

M
    1 Reply

I remember early this month when we went for a medical outreach in a local government that is relatively peaceful because of the insurgency around there. on the second day of the programme, we got news that insurgents had entered into a nearby local government. We then talked about it (we could not announce it immediately to other teams members because it will create a panic). We then decided to still stay there but pray about it, increase security in the hospital and the accommodations and then announce it later in the evening to the people to calm their nerves

• @MotunGongul said in Module 3 Discussion: Accepting Risks:

I once accepted the risk of implementing a service improvement initiative at my place of work without the required management approvals in place. The management noted that the initiative was a good one and will benefit the organisation but didn't grant the required approvals related to security and manpower but I still went ahead with th resources I had available.
    At the end, the implementation was successful with recorded positive impact on service delivery in the organisation.
    The management also commended the effort.

It was a bold move to take but i guessed you must have weighed your options very carefully.

• @eric_njue said in Module 3 Discussion: Accepting Risks:

One time we were implementing a research project that required procurement of transport vehicles. Given that our organisation was governed under the state corporation, we had identified delay in procurement as one of the risks given the bureaucracy followed. In the course of the project, there was changes in procurement requirements in terms of number of tender as well as participatory approach to enhance transparency. The project timelines were adversely affected since we had to accept the unforeseen risk.

Knowing that it is a common occurence to encounter such issues under the state management, just try and mitigate it next time.

• @RaviL said in Module 3 Discussion: Accepting Risks:

@toksadekanla said in Module 3 Discussion: Accepting Risks:

The scope of the project had to be reduced in significant ways because some key resources were no longer available. We shifted focus to some easier targets example doing a homework centre for the children in the community as well as some field trips for them as well as some life skills training interventions, having some sporting activities for the young men and doing some skills training for the females. Luckily we were able to secure some support from some resource based stakeholders who gave financial and in kind support to some of the activities, the rent was prepaid for a while and we were able to negotiate some goodwill from the landlord for a few extra months, as well as we were able to get the parents to subsidize some of the expenses for the field trips. Additionally, we were able to get some training stakeholders to provide and sponsor the training programmes for the women and life skills training as well.

Even with all the challenges we were able to keep the programme running eight months beyond the scheduled close date. I developed a strong affinity for that community and felt really sad when the programme had to end but at that point, there was no other choice because resources were no longer available and we had exhausted all the good will we were able to create.

In the end, some good work was still able to be accomplished in that community through this project, though somewhat removed from what was originally planned.

A considerate move by you. Kudos

• i am new to it. so i have no prior experience

• We were transferring vehicle from one project to another and i decided to drive the vehicle through insecure route instead of lifting the vehicle by air. I decided to do it because it was economical method, and from investigation i noticed irregular local transporter they are using the same route.

• I was managing a fit-out project while I was 8-month pregnant. The project duration was 30 days and the project owner/client had put a term in our contract which I needed to pay penalty for each day of delay. There were many risks signing this contract but I had to sign. The risks of delaying the project due to facts caused by other stakeholders like subcontractors and suppliers were predictable as I had completed many similar projects so I could manage the risks by observing their daily work commute and arranging alternative suppliers to receive the materials on time in case of a delay by the primary suppliers. The only risk caused by me was to have the possibility of giving birth early. Therefore I have arranged a project supervisor to replace me if I need to leave the project before it is completed. He was involved in whole process from the start, I paid him a certain small amount to be involved partially. The result; I had to leave to give birth on 31st day of the contract, the project had been completed with a 5-day delay. The owner did not apply the penalty as he was very much happy with the result and our work. That was a good experience resulted successfully for our future projects .

• @Paakojo2009 said in Module 3 Discussion: Accepting Risks:

I planned for an activity for student but no one showed up

I think this type of Risk should have been Mitigated, whereby you investigate before inviting them to know more on some of the barriers that might deter them from participating. This, I still think should not be an Accepted Risk since the activity depends much on the Students.

• A risk can only be accepted when it has no much efect on the impact of the project , if not it has to be mitigated.

• I work on a project where transportation for beneficiaries were not budgeted for... beneficiaries walk longer distances to receive services for their conditions. Due to delay in the arrival of commodities by supplier, the beneficiaries had to overnight and this irritated them that led them to prevent our vehicle from leaving the site in demand for transportation allowance. I communicated this to head office and was immediate acted upon but was an off budget spending. In our next plan, we decided that supplies are pre-deliver prior to the date of distribution to avoid the recurrence of such an incident.

• Nigeria presidential election is postponed for one week. It is acceptable, but where is a risk that people will not go to vote because they are discouraged. The Independant National Electoral Commettee doesn't identify the risk that the election will be postponed. Another risk in this case is that opposition will protest the results when presidential party wins.

• During our first project on Health Mutual in Guinea, after adhesion and collecting the money from the citizen, the last step was to manage the members when they are sick to the health facilities. Without thinking that the risk of Ebola disease willoutbreak, the project stopped but acceptable by the members .

• I believe a good example is currently ongoing in an upcoming presidential election in a country in Africa. The date was scheduled and the same day it was cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances which should have been anticipated earlier by the election organizational team. Some election workers & volunteers had already embarked on the journeys to various rural areas. Time wasted, resources wasted. The new date scheduled still will affect certain people in various geopolitical zones.

• I'm leading a project on the prevention and management of cervical cancer. We had the plan to train health workers of our project area on cervical cancer screening. As the country moves to the federal system, health workers are being adjusted resulting massive turn over of trained health workers. Hence, we decided to postpone the preplanned training until all the health workers are posted after adjustment.

1 Reply
  • Accepting risk usually occur when a business acknowledges that the potential loss from a risk is not great enough to warrant spending money to avoid it. This is otherwise known as 'risk retention' and it is an aspect of risk management commonly found in the business or investment field.
    However, my experience as a HR/Management consultant occurred sometimes a go during the training session in a particular organization here in Nigeria. We underestimated litres of diesel to be consumed by the generator during the training hoping that the electricity distribution company would give us steady supply throughout the period and the only person who could approve the supplementary budget is the President of the organization was not on ground.
    Imagine the participants/trainees are seated, no electricity supply and available diesel cannot serve the generator for more than hour, the training session would last for three hours, it was the last day of the training, the President was not around and no one could even predict if he would be magnanimous enough to entertain such complaint and approve additional budget.
    Laconically speaking, we decided to go on with the training and condensed/adjusted the training schedule to an hour if the electricity distribution company failed to supply and inform/appeal to the participants about the issue. It was a big risk but resigned to fate and accepted the risk but surprisingly, electricity company eventually supplied the light thirty minutes after the commencement of the training and everybody was happy.

• My experience occurred during a training session when we had little diesel to sustain the generator if electricity supply company failed to supply light. It was the last day of the training. We decided to accept the risk by starting the training and luckily the electricity company eventually supply the light.

1 Reply

I have never faced a risk that I had to accept but I can guess a situation where the risk is a soil not appropriate for a crop cultivation but the farmer do not have another land. We can decide to go ahead with this farmer knowing he may not have a good yield as expected. We accept the risk first. Secondly, we try to see if adjusting inputs can help mitigate the risk.

In carrying out a project I identified a risk which which was the person to carry out the analysis and interpretation might not be available. I accepted it because I had an alternative, the risk was low.

1 Reply
  • At one time I run the risk of loosing an important opportunity in a meeting due to network challenges, since the meeting was online. I accepted the situation since I knew the network challenge may be temporary. Fortunately, the organisers rescheduled to a time convenient to me so I could have good internet for successful meeting.

• one time that I accepted a risk was debts. I accepted because it was my mistake.

1 Reply
  • @maajid said in Module 3 Discussion: Accepting Risks:

one time that I accepted a risk was debts. I accepted because it was my mistake.

@maajid Please can you share with us how you were able to mitigate this risk in the later.

• @Loveth So we can say you identified the risk before hand and you mitigated by having an alternative on standby??

• @Jcmoore This is a major risk and would definitely have affected the session if power was not restored in due time.
    I think as Project Manager we should always endeavor to always mitigate every risk to the point where its impact will be significantly low on our project.

Thanks.

• @Shiwakoti This event surely affected your project. I think this should have been foreseen if the environment, community, and all necessary factors was properly analyze.
    Thanks for sharing.

• Hello dear Learners
    This discussion of accepted risks reminds me of an initiative I started with my brothers in 2010.
    Seeing the lack of food products on the market, we decided to approach our friends in the village to invest in cassava culture.
    Recognizing that we were in an election period, we started anyway because for us once the land was planted, no trouble could prevent our project from continuing because we were in a rural area. We accepted that risk. But hold on, as we look at buying our seed fund after ploughing the plots, that’s when all the banks closed for an election crisis.
    It was a total disaster. We had to collect cuttings of cassava variety from local farmers to seed our land.
    Just to say that it’s really not easy to control the risks. Even the smallest are to be watched.

• one time we were supposed to have a training session with a teacher coming from a city in conflict . We accepted the risk that he might not come due to road barriers made by separatist warriors.

• I organized a seminar for 60 people and contact thoroughly the companies but only around 10 companies participated, were not calculated that risk.

• the time i accepted a risk was when i allowed 4 members of our company to travel in one car to the field (against company policy). This was because all available vehicles were away on other assignments and waiting would delay data collection process in the field

• On time that I accepted risk was when I implemented a garden project in sodic soils. the risk was that the soils would collapse and form gullies. What eventually happened was that one side of the fence collapsed and we had to reinforce the entire garden fence.

• Accepting risk not something easy, before doing any activities you plane but the risk is something that we don't know his coming day, in my village I starte to invest in agriculture near a river forgeting in rain season water come there a lot before I notice that I was far in my invesitment but this year by the grâce of God rain didn't come a lot so I was save.

• one time we were supposed to have a training session with a teacher coming from a city in conflict . We accepted the risk that he might not come due to road barriers made by separatist warriors.

• I organized an event in school but had a low turn up of students. this happened because i fixed the event during the school SUG (Student Union Government) week, when they were lots of planned events for students by the SUG. if i had considered this risk, i wouldn't have fixed it on that date, but I also received funds from my donors late, that prompted I and my team to fix the event on that date.

• I have experainced the rasik of increasing the exchange rate in previous project which was mitigated by including contingency

• One time we planned for an event it was the third year we were doing it and all went as planned but people did not show up because someone else planned a similar one free of charge we did not get returns on investment as planned so i decided to accept the Risk

• This is an insightful course especially the risk management matrix

• One time that I accepted a risk was when I organised a fundraising party. I catered for 50 people but not many arrived because the road was blocked off by the Police. A tree had fallen right across the road hindering cars to pass. This was the only entrance leading to the venue. I accepted it because a natural disaster occurred which I would not have predicted would have happened that particular day.

• I remember in 2016 where we organized a career mentoring open day in a particular school and we had invited everyone and made all the necessary logistics arrangement for the program, only to get instructions from Education Board not to hold the program on the grounds that we didn’t not carry them along in our preparation. We had the option of liaising with the school and proceed with the open day and risk losing our approval to ever have any program in any school. We had to cancel and properly consult with the board. In 2018, we got approval to have programs in all the schools in the state.

• As risk response to studied risk that won't have a large impact in my project, I won't spend money or resources I will accept them but after taking a very good study of the likelihoods and impacts by experts in differents sectors (Socio-politics, Economy and environment) and according the obtained results we will proced to the responses that won't impact our resource and won't impact the advancement of our project in near future,
    I find that providing a very good experts will lead to good analysis and responses to the risks, so the key factor is to hire excellent experts with an important experiences to create a solid team.

By the way I liked this module is very interesting
    Thank you Philanthropy University and for all staff

• One time that I accepted a risk was during a sterilisation campaign and we had huge issues trying to locate the correct homes to collect the animals from. Some of the areas we work are in low income areas and some houses are unaccessible or non existent compared to the maps, roads are in poor condition etc. I accepted it because I knew that we could ask for assistance from the community leaders who would be able to guide us to the right homes in most cases and also because there were so many unsterilised animals in that area, that we were bound to find enough numbers even if not from specified houses.

H
    1 Reply
  • @Mokaje said in Module 3 Discussion: Accepting Risks:

I was once part of project, whereby I had expert knowledge of a specific equipment that was intended to be procured and installed for my department.

I worked with a Project Manager, who had no exposure to the type of work I do and the equipment required to do it. What transpired in this case is that, I anticipated a risk of the project failing to be completed on time and to specification, based on the fact the Contractor assigned the project lacked experience.

The Project Manager failed to see the risk in my context, and believed too much on the Contractor to deliver. After numerous engagements with her, I accepted the risk and its possible impact. In the end the Contractor finished the project (installation & testing of the equipment) after numerous deadline extensions of the project, which resulted with an over expenditure for the project.

This can be extremely frustrating to handle when it seems like you clearly could anticipate the risk well in advance. I always say that as long as you created a good paper trial to indicate your mention of the risk in meetings or discussions , that you at least covered your bases. You can then use that as learnings to take forward to the next project

• One time I accepted risk was taking responsibilities of something totally new -I do not have any basic knowledge on it- in my life. I accepted it because I know that it will be a worthy learning.

• Once I accepted that the risk was not getting permission from officials to work in the slum. I accepted because if I tried working on it, my permission to work in other areas also will be affected

We were having a Mid-Year Review Meeting of our Annual Action Plan and at the time for Lunch to be served, tour checks confirmed that the caterer we engaged to provide the service was not done with the lunch. The I accepted here was the fact that the meeting was going to close a little more later than expected due to the delay in taking lunch. So we engaged the participants on the other items proceeding the lunch while monitoring the caterer.

• I have not plan a project before, but I have learned to accept the risk when it arises.

One time I accepted a risk was when I was handling a project that required me to procure some imported medical equipment, I never considered a fluctuation in the exchange rate. The local currency devalued and the cost of the equipment up.
    I accepted the risk because the budget could still accommodate the increase.

• At one time I accepted i was faced with a risk of having building materials vandalised or stolen due to to inappropriate starage. I accepted the risk because the country was facing hyper inflation and chances tat the materials were not going to be available if I delayed buying by even 2 days. I had to buy the materials and tried to beef-up security for them

• It is extremely important to plan for risks and how to respond to it, it is also important to know when to accept a risk as a way of response. During the risk identification stage, it is good that one plans for other options or contingencies, I think with your various options and contingency plan, that will be the right time to accept risks.
    One risk that I accepted was inflation and exchange rate, it was anticipated to affect the implementation of one of our deliverable in a project. However, there was a contingent plan to respond to that so when it happened all i did was to accept it by using my other options while monitoring the situation.

• @MphoH said in Module 3 Discussion: Accepting Risks:

One time that I accepted a risk was during a sterilisation campaign and we had huge issues trying to locate the correct homes to collect the animals from. Some of the areas we work are in low income areas and some houses are unaccessible or non existent compared to the maps, roads are in poor condition etc. I accepted it because I knew that we could ask for assistance from the community leaders who would be able to guide us to the right homes in most cases and also because there were so many unsterilised animals in that area, that we were bound to find enough numbers even if not from specified houses.

Asking for assistance to locate the houses is a beautiful way to accept the risk.

• @Nathfem said in Module 3 Discussion: Accepting Risks:

I registered for a program for two months,and it lasted for three months.

I can only imagine the convenience that could have caused. The time flame of one month is too huge when it was not planned.

• One time that I accepted a risk was when the value of my country's currency reduced and the exchange rate dwindled thereby leading to difficulty in purchasing items already budgeted for. We had to contact the donors however before going ahead to spend above the budget rates.

• For a period of about three to four months one of our research community has to be in a stand still of work due to tribal issues as a result of Kingship which pulled our research work backwards and have to accept the risk of not finishing our work on time.

• When both the likelihood and impact are of lesser extent. I accepted when I decided to raised money for my organization by well wishers were responding in low numbers. At the same time, I identify that if people fail to give to the organization, I'm likely to fail from proceeding into the next level I prepared for.

• In my case, my country, we usually encounter many risks. Some of them we accepted because we know it is common and it won/t affect our project.

• One time we decided to have a borehole in the organization premises. We knew there would be the risk of getting low water mass and community interference but had to accept and prepare on how to handle the risk when it comes. Firstly we went and talked to the community and and agreed that if there will be sufficient water we shall give out for free, and the community would be glad and protect the borehole from vandalism.

• One time I had to run the activity, while the release of the budget allocated for that was still pending, due to some regulatory measures and time constraint. I accepted the risk, and went on. The budget came three days after the event, i was able to complete the documentary requirements for payment and liquidation. I wouldn't do it if i had no guarantee, anyway.

• There has been moments that I have accepted risk. This was because the risk level by assessment of its likelihood and impact was somewhat insignificant to project activities.
    Thank you.

• I am tasked to manage a micro-finance program which runs the risks of little or no return because the borrowers are all survivors of an armed conflict.

I have accepted the fact that no amount of values formation training make sense if the ecosystem around basic needs are not addressed by other duty bearers.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.