Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Introduce yourself to the community -Malaysia

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Malaysia community of practice! My name is Jason and I’m a community manager here at Philanthropy University.

Please use this topic to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

S
    2 Replies
  • Welcome @paulhii ! Great to have you as the first member of the Malaysia community of practice :)

Where in Malaysia do you live? What sort of work do you do?

• Hi Jason
    I'm from Malaysia, residing in Kuching, Sarawak on Borneo Island.
    Was an educator and later a manager as well as a businessman. I have retired from business and spend time developing a private foundation with emphasis on keeping poor rural children, particularly girls in school.
    I hope Philantropy University courses will help me achieve the goal.
    Sincerely
    Paul Hii

Y
    1 Reply
  • Hi, I'm Nadya. I live in Shah Alan in the state of Selangor on Malaysian peninsular.

I work for a government agency that pushes the digital agenda to all aspects of life. My department specifically focuses on getting school children to be exposed to the wonders of digital tech and nurture/groom the already digitally inclined to be passionate to pursue careers in digital tech, thus being the future innovators of tomorrow.

• I am Otuodi Opara from Nigeria but residing in Nilai, Negeri Sembilan, where i am currently engaged in Research work for the award of Master of Science in Statistics of the Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia. Being a member of the community will afford me the opportunity of meeting other members for proper interaction and exchange of ideas and professional information.

1 Reply
  • @otopara said in Introduce yourself to the community:

I am Otuodi Opara from Nigeria but residing in Nilai, Negeri Sembilan, where i am currently engaged in Research work for the award of Master of Science in Statistics of the Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia. Being a member of the community will afford me the opportunity of meeting other members for proper interaction and exchange of ideas and professional information.

Welcome @Otopara, it is wonderful to have you here! Are there any topics, ideas, or questions that you would like to discuss with this community?

@All, it would be great if others would like to welcome @Otopara to this community!

1 Reply
  • @Mark_G said in Introduce yourself to the community -Malaysia:

@otopara said in Introduce yourself to the community:

I am Otuodi Opara from Nigeria but residing in Nilai, Negeri Sembilan, where i am currently engaged in Research work for the award of Master of Science in Statistics of the Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia. Being a member of the community will afford me the opportunity of meeting other members for proper interaction and exchange of ideas and professional information.

Welcome @Otopara, it is wonderful to have you here! Are there any topics, ideas, or questions that you would like to discuss with this community?

@All, it would be great if others would like to welcome @Otopara to this community!

Hi Otuodi!

• @Jason said in Introduce yourself to the community -Malaysia:

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Malaysia community of practice! My name is Jason and I’m a community manager here at Philanthropy University.

Please use this topic to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

Hi, im Syda. I live in Kuala-Lumpur but work in Selangor. My company is a food and beverages company where currently we run one restaurant in Kuala Lumpur. Im incharge in the department of finance.

The reason I joined this community is to enhance my personal skills that can improve my work skills. I also hope ny joining this community it will give me a new exposure from different perspectives.

Nice to meet everyone!

1 Reply
  • @Syda said in Introduce yourself to the community -Malaysia:

@Jason said in Introduce yourself to the community -Malaysia:

Hi, im Syda. I live in Kuala-Lumpur but work in Selangor. My company is a food and beverages company where currently we run one restaurant in Kuala Lumpur. Im incharge in the department of finance.

The reason I joined this community is to enhance my personal skills that can improve my work skills. I also hope ny joining this community it will give me a new exposure from different perspectives.

Nice to meet everyone!

Welcome @Syda, it is wonderful to have you here at Philanthropy University and in the Malaysia Community of Practice.

• Hi Everyone,

I'm Sheela. I live in Lembah Pantai Dalam, Kuala Lumpur. I'm working with CIMB Bank Bhd and have my own NGO.
    Our mission is to reach out to the poor, needy, widows, disabled people and teenagers. I want to learn more about
    social works and to get to know other people to exchange ideas and information to help the community more.
    I'm excited to join in this course.

• Hi, I'm Prasana. I live in Ipoh, Perak. I am a fresh graduate student under the field of biotechnology and currently unemployed. the main purpose for me to enroll myself in this community is to develop and enhance my personal skill which will improve my skill. I also hope my joining this community it will give me a new exposure from different perspectives.

Nice to meet everyone!

• @PaulHii said in Introduce yourself to the community -Malaysia:

Hi Jason
    I'm from Malaysia, residing in Kuching, Sarawak on Borneo Island.
    Was an educator and later a manager as well as a businessman. I have retired from business and spend time developing a private foundation with emphasis on keeping poor rural children, particularly girls in school.
    I hope Philantropy University courses will help me achieve the goal.
    Sincerely
    Paul Hii

Hi. My name is Shareen, currently lecturing in one of the polytechnics in Malaysia. I am also actively involved in the Girl Guides Association as the membership Commissioner. Residing in Shah Alam, Selangor.

• What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?
    Hello Malaysia! It’s Marcus, from Subang and I’m an individual advocating on MSM related issues and made this part of my life mission. This is a personal initiative as I’ve walked the beaten path & back in those days, support systems is not accessible however I was fortunate to live a life that meets society expectations. Left corporate 1 year ago and decided to focus more on my goals in life which I hope to build a more complete & holistic support systems, programs & crisis intervention for the community on a more personalize manner. I’m also a business consultant specializing in health, beauty & wellness at this moment.

• Hi, I am Gedeon. I am currently based in Subang Jaya, Selangor. I am working in a finance project environment for a Multinational Healthcare company. I have always working on improving the lives of others- as I believe I am blessed to be a blessing to others. I am also a Zero Waste Lifestyle advocate. I wish to learn different perspectives and skill sets, besides expanding my networking through this platform.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.