Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Joan Amek from Kampala Uganda
    I work with Rella Women's Foundation as the Executive Director
    No I am not interested in joining a team for this course

• @parugana said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hello Everyone!! I am Parbati Dhungana from a land of glorious Himalayas, Nepal. I had recently earned the Bachelor's Degree in Public Health and eager to learn new skills. I am very excited to foster my knowledge on project management ahead.

Very excited to see you here as a coursemate as we have a common degree and country.

• Hi My name is Inehita. Happy to be joining. I am from Nigeria.

L
    1 Reply
  • @Laxmee said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hello, I am Laxmi Dahal from a beautiful country Nepal. I am an entry level Public health professional who is very enthusiastic in learning different skills and ideas to manage the issues and problems in simplest way where may occur in my working career.

Welcome Laxmi !! so good to see you as course-mate, enjoy learning.

• Hello my name is Muhammad muktar barma from Nigeria borno state!! I am here in order get some knowledge so that I can delivered to my community course I have my local NGO NAMED Standard cultural initiative base in borno with the mission to revive the culture in some northern Nigeria due to the insurgency been occurred there
    To help the less privilege and vulnerable people and in excess I am running program on childhood education in some sector around the state with the help of these university I can achieve my mission thank you!!

• Course Facilitator

Hello everyone,
    It’s great to be here at Philanthropy University and most especially in this course. My name is Tokunbo from Nigeria. Currently, I am looking for opportunity in consulting which will require me to be on team for different projects.
    My goal for this course is to learn the fundamentals of project management and acquire tools to use in subsequent project that I will do. I have already joined “Philanthropist” team.
    Thank you.

• Course Facilitator

Hey, This is Wasif Ali student of Software engineering in Lahore, Pakistan. Just to broaden the horizon as an intellect I want to share my views and want to listen your views in the vast field of this course. I am doing with a project of solid waste material to be recycled and to clean the environment, hiring people for employment, creating awareness of solid waste material as this trash can be converted into cash. This project would let me make a proper proposal for which I could be able to represent my stance at any place. I'm looking forward for a good response from fellows and instructors. Stay blessed everyone.

• Hello Philanthropy University and my fellow learners
    My name is LAZARO MUSSA MAHULO. I am joining from Dar ees Salaam city, Tanzania. Currently i volunteer at SAGCOT Centre Ltd as a research assistant. I am interested much taking the course as i believe at the end i will be having more skills, competences and abilities on project managements that could led to beautiful plannned goals achievements

• Hello everyone, I am PETER SARPONG AGYEMANG from Ghana, CEO of ABUSUAPA SUSU AND SAVINGS. I'm very excited to join such a team. I'm poised and willing to achieve with this team. Wish you well.

G
    1 Reply
  • Hi everyone I Am Hope Wambua A graduate, Specialized in Community Health. 'Am joining You all from Nairobi Kenya. Currently am unemployed but I am interested to share and learn more on fundamentals of Project management.

• Hello, I am Hajra and i need to learn a lot about project management so i guess starting with the fundamentals will do.

• Hallo everybody!! i am Christos from Greece/Hellas. I start the Project Management Course because of a lot of projects running. I am open to work with a team in a project due to our lessons. Thank You!

• Hi Learners!! My name is Christos and am joining from Greece/Hellas.
    am working as a renovation engineer and a real estate professional. My goals about the course are: 1) to have a new point of view about management in the projects so be more effective!, 2) to be more professional , 3) to have the knowledge to start a new big project. I am very interesting to join a team in this course! I have experience in project management due my work in projects but just experience, not knowledge.

Best regards to every learner!

• Hi everyone I'm Zoya Garland and I'm from the Caribbean Island of Jamaica. I currently is not employed to any organization because I am currently working on starting my own business venture to make my own income which will also aid in me being able to be present at home with my daughter, my goal is to learn as much as i possible can from this course so I can be applied to my business to make it as successful as possible, yes i am interested in working in a team because I value team work and the experience I have is based from my college days when we had to plan and execute course assignments and projects.

• Hi all, I am Nneka from the Caribbean island of Grenada.
    Happy to join the team. Looking forward to learn and expand my knowledge.

• Hi, I'm Clara Raphael from Nigeria. I am currently a final year student of the Federal University of Technology, owerri in the department of Public health . I picked up an interest in project management when I volunteered for an organization during my internship. I hope to learn and widen my knowledge base in project management and sharpen my skills as a project manager. I would love to work in a team.

• Hi, I am Okocha Henry from Nigeria. I am currently working and i am looking forward to learn.

R
    1 Reply
  • Hi
    My name is Nathan Ofem from Nigeria, I work with a community based organization that focuses on orphans vulnerable children .I work as the linkage officer with sole mandate of linking and referring clients to thematic areas of concern.
    I joined this program to get more techniques in project execution and management.

• Hello Everyone,
    I am Tam from Louisiana. My goal is to gain some understanding of Project Management in order to sphere head community activities. I do not have any prior project management skills, thus, I would be open to joining a team.

• Hello everyone my names are Usman Mu'azu Garga from Nigeria, I'm working on a project "WaSH in Health" with that regard I would like to improve my knowledge on project management.

• Hello Team,

I am Nicodemus from Tanzania, executing works in Financial Sector. I am interested onto the course to nourish my capabilities in day to day duties pertaining management of projects within and out of working environment.

• Hi, Myself Subbulakshmi, from India, I am currently doing my Phd in Malaysia, I am very glad to look further

J
    1 Reply
  • Hello everyone! I am Samuel and joining from Kumasi in the Ashanti region of Ghana. I currently work with an NGO that are into forestry research as a project assistant. I am looking forward to gaining an in-dept knowledge in project management, social and economic impacts of project activities executed in and around the globe and how they influence society. I also look forward to being part of a team where I can learn from others and also engage in intellectual discourse. I currently do not have any experience in any project management which has therefore necessitated my enthusiasm to join this course, thereby helping me better appreciate the course and how best I can replicate the knowledge and experience gained in my organisation.

• @peterpiano said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hello everyone, I am PETER SARPONG AGYEMANG from Ghana, CEO of ABUSUAPA SUSU AND SAVINGS. I'm very excited to join such a team. I'm poised and willing to achieve with this team. Wish you well.

Nice to hear that Mr. Agyemang. Hope you enjoy the course.

• @AwoeKwadzo said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

My name is Awoenam from Ghana. Am learning a lot already and in no time i pray i become one of the great in project management.

Good to hear from you @AwoeKwadzo

• My name is Jessica. I just finished graduate school focusing on International Development and am looking to further my knowledge on program management. I am excited for this course and hope that it will contribute to my future career.

• @Subbu90 said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hi, Myself Subbulakshmi, from India, I am currently doing my Phd in Malaysia, I am very glad to look further

Welcome to the course! I hope the information helps with your studies and future career.

• My Name is Sangoyomi Olumide am joining from Nigeria, I studied Accounting in my first degree and Taxation for my Masters and currently running Masters in Business Administration with specialization in Project Management. I am unemployed, I lost my job 2 years ago with an NGO here in Nigeria,where I worked as a field officer, we are into polio vaccination and other health intervention programmes in the northeast Borno, and other part. Am joining this course because I want to improve my self in areas of project management and I hope to achieve that at the end of the course. And am open to any job opportunity at any location. Below is my email contact: olumidesangoyomi@gmail.com

1. My name is Tah Eric Kaba and am from Yaounde, Cameroon
    2. Yes I work for an organization as its deputy director
    3. Personnal improvements and climbing up the ladder. I intend to improve my management skills, get more opportunities to learn the trade and improve on my career.
    4. No, I travel a lot in doing my work and may be not connected to the internet during very long intervals. This may hold down a fast moving team and disappoint people.
    5. No.
  • Hello Zakayo,
    Welcome to the course and your country is such a beautiful one and I wish we Africans need some networking to succeed although I may not be joining a group, I think we can discuss issues together. Thanks

• @asifkollur said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hello All!

I am Asif Kollur. I am joining from Qatar!
    I am working in a Company named Technocity International Wll as a Projects and Planning Engineer.
    I have been involved in Projects related to EPIC of Steel Structures at the moment. I want to gain the knowledge of Project Management techniques learnt through this course and effectively utilise them into the projects.
    I have already joined a Team.
    I have practical experience working on Projects from scratch. Projects pertaining to Steel Industry.

Thank You!

• @Mark_G said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hello Learners!

Welcome to the Fundamentals of Project Management course discussion board! My name is Mark ( @Mark_G ) and I support @Kamilla to run course operations here at Philanthropy University.

The first step in the course is to post a response to this thread answering the questions below, and to read and respond to the posts of others.

After submitting your post answering these questions, please reply to at least one other learner who has posted before you to welcome them. Feel free to ask questions about their work, goals, and backgrounds.

Happy learning!

1. What is your name? Where are you joining from?

2. Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role?

3. What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?

4. Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.

5. Do you have any experience with Project Management? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!

Hello everyone my name is Feyisayo Dosu and I'm from Nigeria currently teaching at a school. I hope I'll be able to learn a lot on project management and be able to the things on my own concerning this field after taking the course

• Hello everybody? my name is susan korir and i am joining you from Kenya. i have no experience in project management but this is my area of interest now that i am planning or implementing a project.

• @Joyjethro said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

@mark_g said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hello Learners!

Welcome to the Fundamentals of Project Management course discussion board! My name is Mark ( @Mark_G ) and I support @Kamilla to run course operations here at Philanthropy University.

The first step in the course is to post a response to this thread answering the questions below, and to read and respond to the posts of others.

After submitting your post answering these questions, please reply to at least one other learner who has posted before you to welcome them. Feel free to ask questions about their work, goals, and backgrounds.

Happy learning!

3. What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?

4. Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.

5. Do you have any experience with Project Management? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!

1. My name is Jethro Ayodimeji. Joining from Nigeria.
    2. No
    3. My goal is to learn how to manage project and add skill to myself that will help me function well in any organization.
    4. Yes
    5. No
  • @Mark_G said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

1. My name is Adekunle Idowu. I am from Ibadan, Nigeria.
    2. I work for a-Finance, Management & Taxation Firm as a Senior Consultant. I also work as an outreach volunteer in a faith based NGO as a finance officer.
    3. My goal is to learn more about project management, advocacy etc , build up necessary skills for a Grant Manager role and to share experiences with members I intend to working fully in an INGO in future.
    4. I am very interested in joining this team.
    5. No
    S
    1 Reply
  • Hello everyone, I am Beimnet Desalegn from Ethiopia.I believe this course will give me opportunities to exchange experiences and allow me develop knowledge regarding the art and science of managing projects.Moreover, it will help me for my current and future endeavor.

Thanks!!

• Good day .please how do I assess a peer work? I have Gant chart and I have to make an assessment of any three peers work. Please i need help

• Hi, everyone!
    My name is Sofia, I´m from Mexico City and right now I´m not working for a particular oraganization. However I recently had a job on the Social Sector which was an amazing opportunity. My goal here is to get more skills on the Social Sector since I´m looking forward to keep working on these matters for a long time.
    I´m not joining with any team but would be glad to join one. I had the amazing opportunity of working in Designing and Managing a Housing Improvement program last year but with not much skills on the field.
    Nice meeting you!

• @AdekunleIdowu said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Adekunle

Hi Adekunle!

Welcome to the course. I belive it´s very intresting to be able to share the course while being in very different countries, I´m from Mexico City. Glad to share with you the same willingness to learn more to be able to do more.

:)

• Hi! My name is Daniela and I'm joining the course from Monterrey, Mexico.

I work at Tierra de Artistas (land of artists) which and my role is Project Development Manager. At Tierra de Artistas we offer cultural experiences to people who want to use their talents and knowledge for someone else, poor communities, global issues. We empower communities through art, architecture and design projects.

I need to clear up my head with all the projects happening at a time and follow up on them properly and this area is where I need to apply everything I learn through out the course.

We already have a team formed and I'm sharing my learnings with them as we go on.

My experience with project management is purely empirical.

Hello to all of you, I hope we all enjoy the course.

• Hello everyone, I'm Jessica from Mumbai. I am an educator by profession and a part time designer too. I have been volunteering and been part of various social outreach programmes since the past five years now. Currently a mentor to a 11 year old through MentormeIndia. I wish to develop a better understanding with a view of having an effective framework in place soon that will enable underprivileged pupils to focus on and equip them with the necessary exposure and resources required to build the right skill at the right time.

1 Reply
  • I am Shahzado Khaskheli from Pakistan. I did my postgraduation in Chemistry and Sociology. I am currently working with an international NOG in a capacity of Program Manager. I am here to enhance my knowledge and skills around project management. I am sure you all support me in learning new skills and capacities through this forum.

• Course Facilitator

@Mark_G said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

My name is Isowo Smart. G The Country Director of CENPRIR. I'm based in Abuja Nigeria. My goal is to learn new value added course as this. I'm not interested in joining a team. I study with a deadline suitable for me alone. just completed my 11th course, and about to add another. I love studying here.

• Course Facilitator

@jessica_rebellp said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hello everyone, I'm Jessica from Mumbai. I am an educator by profession and a part time designer too. I have been volunteering and been part of various social outreach programmes since the past five years now. Currently a mentor to a 11 year old through MentormeIndia. I wish to develop a better understanding with a view of having an effective framework in place soon that will enable underprivileged pupils to focus on and equip them with the necessary exposure and resources required to build the right skill at the right time.

It's so good to have you here Jessica.

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

Hello dear all , my name is Guy Arsene OBROU , a medical epidemiologist and health project manager , and currently working for IPPF liaison office to the African Union and the UN Economic affairs for Africa, as a policy and Advocacy Advisor. I am expecting to learn a great deal from the instructors and you guys all, given the various background and project management levels we luckily have in the community. Yes, I am interested in joining a team for the course to take advantage of support from you on knowledge and skills I do have as an intermediate experienced project manager.

• Hello, My name is Kokpar B. Wohwoh, a Public Health Specialist with emergency health concentration. I am a resident of Kansas City, Missouri, USA. I have been working in the humanitarian Field for over 7 years as lead researcher and M& E. I subscribe to providing services to the most vulnerable people all times. I here to acquire more knowledge and skills in project development and completion.
    I wish to meet with new people and widen my networking.

• Hello, My name is

• hello
    my name is Mohamad , i am joining from Syria, i am working for MSF as a project officer. i am looking for gaining more management skills to improve myself and my project to be more effective in the community. i am willing to be apart of learning team.

1 Reply
  • Hello everyone,
    My name is Madeline, I am joining this online course from Beirut, Lebanon. I am working as Fundraising Officer for Karma, a local NGO helping children fighting cancer.

I am experienced in Business Project Management, I worked for 3 years as Program Coordinator and developed skills mainly in Lean management, multi-field team coordination, risks and budget management, data management through Excel databases and product development process.

By taking this course, I am interested in adapting my skills and developing new ones for social impacts.

I am interested in joining a team :)

R
    1 Reply
  • @Darwish said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

hello
    my name is Mohamad , i am joining from Syria, i am working for MSF as a project officer. i am looking for gaining more management skills to improve myself and my project to be more effective in the community. i am willing to be apart of learning team.

Hello country neighbor :-)

• Hello, my name is Anona. I am not working for an organization yet. i am currently doing marketing for a cleaning chemical company. I would like to learn fresh creative ways in being proficient with managing projects effectively and efficiently. I do plan on taking another one of your courses.

• Hello everyone,

This is Jade. I've been living and working in UAE for 14 years. Currently I have my own business delivering projects in the region. I would like to complete this course to gain more knowledge and be certified in different platforms. I believe this course will enrich my know-how in theory and in practice. Good luck..

C
    1 Reply
  • Hi!
    may name is Timoth Stanslaus Chale from Morogoro Tanzania. I am working at Tanzania Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture (TCCIA) Morogoro Region as Regional Executive Officer. I am keen to get more skills in project management as i responsible in developing and implementing various advocacy project.

• @yengin said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hello everyone,

This is Jade. I've been living and working in UAE for 14 years. Currently I have my own business delivering projects in the region. I would like to complete this course to gain more knowledge and be certified in different platforms. I believe this course will enrich my know-how in theory and in practice. Good luck..

Your welcome!
    I would like to share contacts with you for networking purpose.

• Hi, I'm Genevieve from Cape Town, South Africa.
    I have recently left my job in Marketing and Events and would like to upskill myself. I am currently working for a NGO as a researcher and proposal writer. I did a fair deal of project management arranging events but would really like to deepen this and "officially" learn these skills.

I would be interested in joining a team.

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

What is your name? Where are you joining from?
    Titus G. Gooding, Monrovia, Liberia
    Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role?
    Yes. Executive Director
    What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?
    My goal is to learn the essential for Project Management, how is it applicable and learn the basic of managing a project effectively.
    Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.
    Sure.
    Do you have any experience with Project Management? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!
    I have managed some little projects using Microsoft Excel.

• Hello,I am Jovia.L from Uganda,I recently got involved in project work at an organization hence the need to hone myself with this skill...

• I am Lorlaine R. Dacanay from the Philippines. I have no experience in Project Management, though I could use what I will learn in this course with my current research project.

1 Reply
  • Welcome guys, I Trust we are already finding the course very interesting. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me or the Other Ambassadors if you have any questions or you come across any difficulty.

R
    A
    2 Replies
  • Hello

1. my name is David Mwandama am fro Malawi.
    2. I am working in a government institution as a planning and development intern.
    3. I am looking forward to becoming a very knowledgiable project planner/manager and I believe the experience gotten herein will help me in undertaking job responsibilities.
    4. I am willing to join a team just as long as the people are cooperative.
      I cannot say I have an experience in this field as I am just an intern.
  • @LOLAH said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

I am Lorlaine R. Dacanay from the Philippines. I have no experience in Project Management, though I could use what I will learn in this course with my current research project.

hi Lorlaine, I believe you are going to get the experience that you are looking for. I wish you all the best Lorlaine

• HELLO
    My Name is Nass from Niger Republic, Western Africa. This is my third course with PU. I'am reallly enjoying . I would like to share challenges facing by the farmers in my countries. Often , there is unsufficient rain which leads to period chronic famine and up to date farmers are using stone age materiels to farm.. So i wanted to be in touch with Great project Managers who will advice us and help to be in touch with croops production specialists and donors.

• My name is Simeon Edidiong and I am from Abuja, Nigeria
    I am working with Skills Outside School Foundation as a Program Support Officer
    My Goal is to learn what Project Management Entails and apply this principle to an existing project I have been assigned to Re-Design.
    I am definitely interested in joining a team for this course.
    I do have experience in project management at the basic level since i occupy a Program support role.
    However one thing I have noticed is that there is always constraint of time budget and expectations from the project governance

R
    1 Reply

Hello Learners!

Good day
    My name is Veronica Nothemba Mbali, joining from South Africa. I used to work for an NGO on Health Systems Management Grant but currently am not employed. My goals are to gain insight and knowledge on projects, how to form and conduct or run a project. I believe Project Management is applicable in most work environment as most companies deal with projects. For me , this will add value my career.
    I have already joined a team, in Sub- Saharan section.

R
    1 Reply
  • Hello Everyone,
    Raphael Popoola is my name and i'm joining from Nigeria.
    I am presently working as a Bio-Medical Engineer for an Healthcare Servicing Company in Lagos, Nigeria.
    My goal is to learn the rudiments of Project management as this knowledge will help to add structure to my work as it can get so complicated in its demand for urgency of resolving issues.
    I hope to be able to apply life experiences as regards to the challenges i experience daily and relate how to solve it with knowledge acquired here as well as cue gotten from other great minds here.
    I want to join a Team, from experience it makes work more productive and result oriented.
    I do not have a concrete Project Management experience to share, though i have managed a couple of Projects.
    Am open to learn.

Thanks

• @Mawusi said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Welcome guys, I Trust we are already finding the course very interesting. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me or the Other Ambassadors if you have any questions or you come across any difficulty.

Hello mawusi,
    Thanks for being open to support.
    My name is Raphael,
    i just joined and i want to ask if its ok to join a Team, most team are either 8/8 or 6/8 which is fine.
    What do you advice

1 Reply
  • @Nothemba said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

@Mark_G said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hello Learners!

Good day
    My name is Veronica Nothemba Mbali, joining from South Africa. I used to work for an NGO on Health Systems Management Grant but currently am not employed. My goals are to gain insight and knowledge on projects, how to form and conduct or run a project. I believe Project Management is applicable in most work environment as most companies deal with projects. For me , this will add value my career.

Welcome Veronica,
    i can relate with respect to your last Job description.

Welcome.
    Hope to hear more from you.

R
    M
    2 Replies
  • @Edidiong said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

My name is Simeon Edidiong and I am from Abuja, Nigeria
    I am working with Skills Outside School Foundation as a Program Support Officer
    My Goal is to learn what Project Management Entails and apply this principle to an existing project I have been assigned to Re-Design.
    I am definitely interested in joining a team for this course.
    I do have experience in project management at the basic level since i occupy a Program support role.
    However one thing I have noticed is that there is always constraint of time budget and expectations from the project governance

Hello Simeon,
    That is a great one!

I look forward to more engagement from you.

• Hello everyone.
    I'm Chanda Simfukwe from Zambia and I am happy to start this course of Fundamentals of Project Management. Hoping to learn great things from this.

• @Madeline_Lmt said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hello everyone,
    My name is Madeline, I am joining this online course from Beirut, Lebanon. I am working as Fundraising Officer for Karma, a local NGO helping children fighting cancer.

I am experienced in Business Project Management, I worked for 3 years as Program Coordinator and developed skills mainly in Lean management, multi-field team coordination, risks and budget management, data management through Excel databases and product development process.

By taking this course, I am interested in adapting my skills and developing new ones for social impacts.

I am interested in joining a team :)

Hi Madeline,
    Good to know you are skilled in PM.
    i hope you dont mind me breezing in occasionally to make inquiries from your vast stream of experience.

You are welcome!

• @Chukz said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hi, I am Okocha Henry from Nigeria. I am currently working and i am looking forward to learn.

Welcome Henry!

• Bulelwa Sigila from Eastern Cape Province living in the villages of Fort Beaufort Healdtown in South Africa

• Bulelwa Sigila from Eastern Cape Province living in the villages of Fort Beaufort Healdtown. I'm not working but helping with community development in fund raising and starting of community projects helping in profiling for the communities for funding requests. Would like to gain more knowledge on basics of project management and be able to apply it in real time work space. No I don't have but all I can say is I am very much involved in my community including schools traditional councils sports clubs cultural groups music book club

• Hi.
    My name is Madaraka Madulu. Commercial Empowerment Manager - AMDT project from World Vision Tanzania; - East Africa.
    I real appreciate you team members. Looking forward to learn a lot and achieve with you.
    Together we can!

• My name is Mohammed Gambo from Kano Nigeria and also work in IT based organization that deals with collection of data. I have passion for project management that is why I decided to join this group to impact knowledge to myself and add value to my organization.

• My name is Mohammed Gambo from Kano Nigeria and also work in IT based organization that deals with collection of data. I have passion for project management that is why I decided to join this group to impact knowledge to myself and add value to my organization.

• Hello everyone, I'm Diana Franco from Mexico, I am working in Notary as Administrator, and I and some friends are working in an Association where we are traying to started un a NGO.
    I would like to improve into project management from project planning to closure so that I can apply in the many projects I handle to the associetion, my experince are mostly in purchasing.
    I'm very interested to join a team.
    And I would like to continue taking some others courses on planing and administration where I can lerned more about NGO and Fundriing.

Thank you

• Hello all! My name is Julianne Hadfield, joining from California. I am a private English language teacher, and I plan to start a new educational resource organization in the next few years. My goals for the course are to strengthen what I have learned so far about project management in order to better prepare myself for building my organization. I do not know how my schedule will fare during this course, so I plan to work alone. So far, I have been an interim director for an established English language school and a director of a small private teaching co-op. I am also studying engineering management with an emphasis in construction project management.

• @Raphael01 , 8 is the maximum number for a team. you can still join when they are less than 8 in any team.
    I will strongly advise you join a team as soon as possible so you can discuss and interact with your team members. and of course discuss the assignments together.

Is case you need any more clarity do not hesitate to reach out. Thank you @Raphael01 .

R
    1 Reply
  • Hi everyone....
    Etuwede Emmanuel is my name and I'm a post graduate student of Peace and Strategic Studies. I work with an organization, HistoryforNationBuilding as the Project coordinator and I'm taking this course with hopes that I'll be informed with important fundamentals of project management that will help boost my skills and help in attaining my organization goals.

1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

My name is Isowo Smart. G; the Country Director of CENPRIR( Centre for Prisons Reforms and Inmates Rights)
    I'm currently based in Abuja Nigeria. However remain an unrepentant advocate of the Philanthropy University learning platform. I have gladly studied about a dozen courses on this platform, and still ready to learn more. I have an experience on project Management and would still like to lstudy this course on this platform, as this may create a new opportunity for me to learn and re learn. So nice to be here!

• Course Facilitator

@Emmanuel01 said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hi everyone....
    Etuwede Emmanuel is my name and I'm a post graduate student of Peace and Strategic Studies. I work with an organization, HistoryforNationBuilding as the Project coordinator and I'm taking this course with hopes that I'll be informed with important fundamentals of project management that will help boost my skills and help in attaining my organization goals.

Its so good to have you here. I believe strongly that your objective for studying this course will be exceeded!

• my name is Ella. physiotherapist from Burundi. engaged in social projects.

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

Hi everyone, I am Ogar Ryan from Nigeria, I am currently an applicant and a volunteer.
    I am here to gain knowledge and skills required to succeed as a social worker.
    I'm interested in joining a team for this course. I basically have no experience on project management.

• Hello everyone! My name is Vivian from Lusaka Zambia. I work for a Telecommunications company as a customer service consultant. I do not have any experience with PM but I'm eager to acquire as much knowledge on it as I have seen how much of it is applied in my organisation and would like to make considerable contribution from the knowledge I will gain at the end of course.

What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?

Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.

Do you have any experience with Project Management? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!

My name is Blessing Musa, joining from Nigeria.

I just finished my undergraduate studies and I am currently not working with any organization.

My goal for this course is to acquire more skill that will boost my chances of getting a suitable employment and in the near future help me plan and execute my youth empowerment projects effectively.

Yes I would like to join a team.

I do not have any experiences with project management yet.

• @Mawusi said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

@Raphael01 , 8 is the maximum number for a team. you can still join when they are less than 8 in any team.
    I will strongly advise you join a team as soon as possible so you can discuss and interact with your team members. and of course discuss the assignments together.

Is case you need any more clarity do not hesitate to reach out. Thank you @Raphael01 .

Thanks great mind,
    I need further assistance,
    i have joined a group presently as you advised but i see no way to link, interact or discuss with the members of the team, all i see is their Username on their picture Icon.

Kindly shed light on this as well.

Warm regards,

1 Reply
  • Good morning Everyone, My name is Kube Mvula I am joining you from Zambia. I am working for an ISP and my role is to ensure that everyone in my retail team has what they need to make sales and keep customers happy. My goals are to learn practical things that I can apply in my day to day life and hopefully be more effective and efficient. I am not sure if I want to join a team yet I will need to be provided with more reasons why team work is better than individual work. I have no prior experience but I am excited to learn.

• My name is Taunderia Williams. I am joining from Jamaica
    Yes and I am a Quality Assurance Analyst
    To be able to execute projects
    I have a tad bit of experience in Project Management

• ce with Project Management? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!

Hi I am Kathrinna from the Philippines, I am recently assigned to manage a project for malaria. This is my first time to do project management so i am looking forward to learn a lot from this.

• I'm Bienfait musongechi, from DR CONGO, working for UNDP as M& E specialist, I'm very exciting to participate to this module

G
    1 Reply
  • Hello! My name is Gratiano Tamba Nyuma from Sierra Leone, West Africa along the West coast of Africa. I currently working with Restless Development Sierra Leone as Research Monitoring and Evaluation Officer. I'm also taking a course in 'Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation' with Philanthropy University and as well interested in Fundamentals in Project Management. I believe this course will expose me become strong and effective M&E expert knowing a little bit about programmes operations. I have never manage any social change project solely but I'm optimistic the course will built better ideas and techniques in doing so. Happy to be taking this course with colleagues from right round the world.

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

Hi! My name is Ali Mohammad and I am joining from northern region of Afghanistan where I work for Regional Agricultural Development Program in northern Afghanistan, implementing through Joint Development Associates which is an international organization (NGO) as project manager for mechanization intensification project. One of my goal to learn fundamentals of project management in order to be able to run my current role at the best possible manner. Further I am interested to pursue this course as a team member and since five years I directly and indirectly involved in managing different development projects in northern Afghanistan, promoting Mechanization and conservation agriculture in the rural communities and leading farmer field school courses to the innovative farmers at the regional level in order to have a considerable increment in their economy and social life.

• @Bienfait said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

I'm Bienfait musongechi, from DR CONGO, working for UNDP as M& E specialist, I'm very exciting to participate to this module

Wow!

Hi Bienfait. Nice meeting you and I would love to make you a special friend. I will be better mentored in the M&E career. This is my number +23276185072 from Sierra Leone. Please message me on sap.

• My name is Nicodemus Duru and am from Nigeria. I am the project Manager at So Others May Eat Foundation (SOME) an NGO that caters for the need of the poor and vulnerable

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

am moses,joininf from kenya.working for amanufacturing company.
    as supervisor.

• Hello everyone!

My name is Hanan, I am civil Engineer. I am joining from Ethiopia. I am currently working as a site planning officer.
    I am planning to do the course in the evening time, after work. I have worked in varies construction companies for the last twelve years in different capacities, my duties and responsibilities are mostly related to managing projects. So, my experience of project management are on-job acquired skills. From this course, I wish to acquire more formal and extensive project management skills
    I would definitely like to join a team in this course.

• My Name is Zoya Garland and I'm from Jamaica. I am currently working on starting my own business. My goals for this course is to complete all modules and assignments as well as learn as much as I possibly can so that I can apply it to my business, from my college days I learnt that "team work makes the dream work" and that it makes completing task a lot better. Currently the only experience I have in Project Management is from assignment and course work that was given to me during college.

• I am Rujeko Nzvenge from Zimbabwe. I am a pharmacist in one of the retail pharmacies. I have grown some interest in project management and would like to acquire more knowledge in this area. i hope one day would work in one of the various health projects being run in our country.

• @Raphael01 said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

@Nothemba said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hello Learners!

Good day

Welcome Veronica,
    i can relate with respect to your last Job description.

Welcome.
    Hope to hear more from you.

welcome Veronica. Would want to join your sub sahara group if not already full. would like to know more about your previous job

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.