Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Introduce yourself to the community! -Malawi

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Malawi community of practice! My name is Jason and I’m a community manager here at Philanthropy University.

Please use this topic to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

J
    L
    L
    M
    A
    6 Replies
  • Hi,

My name is Josip I am Malawian and unfortunately am not working but I do have a role to play in my community, I talk with youths and help them to develop skills to sustain their lives. That they should not totally depend on someone to be solution to their problems but that they can be part of the solution rather than of the problem. I chose to join this community because I want to learn from others how they reach out to people with their messages and resources.

1 Reply
  • @jonjotailor said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hi,

My name is Josip I am Malawian and unfortunately am not working but I do have a role to play in my community, I talk with youths and help them to develop skills to sustain their lives. That they should not totally depend on someone to be solution to their problems but that they can be part of the solution rather than of the problem. I chose to join this community because I want to learn from others how they reach out to people with their messages and resources.

Hi Josip,
    This is Tawina Jane. I am also from Malawi. Reading your post takes me to what I always tell young people that work is not always about money but sometimes it can be about serving your community, finding a purpose in life and doing your passion. That said, I know we all need to earn a living just like you encourage young people to do. I am hoping that by the end of this course, you will have found an opportunity to earn a living while serving your community. I have learnt from experience that that is more sustainable in the long run. Anyway, nice to meet you and I look forward to interacting with you during and after the course. Thanks!

J
    1 Reply
  • Hello team,
    My name if Tawina Jane. I work as Executive Director for Teams Advancing Women in Agriculture, a female youth-led community based organization in Dowa, Malawi. I have joined the 'Girl Centred Design' course for three reasons, namely, to learn new insights in girl-centred programming and implementation; to connect with like-minded people, and; to have a platform to reflect on my role as a female leader and set new goals that will help me to grow in my leadership capacity. Suffice to mention that I have a unique role where I mentor adolescent girls and young women and I think this course will help me to better understand needs of my mentees as beneficiaries, well, maybe partners. I look forward to learning and sharing. Thanks!

G
    1 Reply
  • @tawina said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

@jonjotailor said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hi,

Hi Josip,
    This is Tawina Jane. I am also from Malawi. Reading your post takes me to what I always tell young people that work is not always about money but sometimes it can be about serving your community, finding a purpose in life and doing your passion. That said, I know we all need to earn a living just like you encourage young people to do. I am hoping that by the end of this course, you will have found an opportunity to earn a living while serving your community. I have learnt from experience that that is more sustainable in the long run. Anyway, nice to meet you and I look forward to interacting with you during and after the course. Thanks!

Hi Tawina, I would like to thank you for your word of encouragement. My participation in this course has been crippled by my studies at college as a result am lagging behind in submitting my assignments but am not giving up I will try to give my all and finish. I look forward to discussing a lot with you.
    Kind regards
    Josip.

1 Reply
  • @jonjotailor said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

@tawina said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

@jonjotailor said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hi,

Hi Josip,

Hi Tawina, I would like to thank you for your word of encouragement. My participation in this course has been crippled by my studies at college as a result am lagging behind in submitting my assignments but am not giving up I will try to give my all and finish. I look forward to discussing a lot with you.
    Kind regards
    Josip.

Josip, keep going. I am in the same boat but I am not giving up. Hoping to use this weekend to catch up. What are you studying at college? Kind Regards, Tawina Jane

• Hi everyone, it makes me happy to know that there also people from Malawi studying here. My name is Mary Kanyika and I live and work in Kasungu. I am happy to meet all of you. Looking forward to interact with you all.

• @jason said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Malawi community of practice! My name is Jason and I’m a community manager here at Philanthropy University.

Please use this topic to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

Hi All, My name is Lumuli Mwakasungula. I live in Lilongwe, Malawi. I am currently working for Girl Effect Malawi as a production and networks assistant. Apart from working, i am an entrepreneur, i also work as a volunteer for various institutions/NGO's like Lake of stars Malawi, The Chisomo Idea just to mention a few. Thank you and looking forward to more interaction on this platform.

• I am Horace Ben Boti currently working as a Corporate Affairs and Market Development Manager for PEacock Seeds based at the Headquarters in Lilongwe. I live in Kawale (Area 7) in the middle of the Capital City - Lilongwe. My main objective of joining this community is to share experience and also network with like minded people from all walks of life in the proximity of my work and location. I hope that in this community we should all be able to work towards one objective which is to develop as people individually and at a greater height foster the development of our country. I can be reached directly on +265888602344 or email horaceboti@gmail.com

• Hello everyone, I am Jacob Mponda from Malawi. I am a student doing ICT at Mzuzu university. My area of interest lies in boosting the market for Malawian agriculture produce by linking it to the international Market through the use of Agriculture cooperatives.

• Hi everyone,

My name is Emmanuel Lobe from Blantyre Malawi and I work with one of the leading Child Protection International Organization. I am into Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning and my goal is to help my organization and any voluntary work that lucks M & E skills in achieving best results of projects being implemented in various parts of my country. The reason why i have joined this community is to get some knowledge from here and also to share experiences in every aspect as we will enhance the ability and skills in achieving goals to have quality project results.

Great to have you here homies.

ZIKOMO!

• Welcome everyone! It is wonderful to have you in this community. We hope you will use it to ask questions, discuss ideas, and connect with one another :)

• Hie, I a m Frank from Blantyre, Malawi. I developed a greater passion to reach out to others during my internship period with a couple of non government organizations, during this time i noticed that i lacked something and i wish i can be able to find it through the Phil U Online courses. I just want to go a little further and take a step of faith and courage as i am working towards improving my skills so that i can be able to learn more and later wear my feet that are already torn in the service of my fellow Malawians. I have spent much of my Non Profit work in the heart of the villages without a trail, where it feels like people are living back in the ancient days and all they need is a little motivation from you and me. I have seen with my naked eyes how programs and courses that are found here are helping and improving a lot of lives. i would love to learn more and be qualified as i embark in the errands of charity and mercy. Therefore, i plead with you that have been around here for a while to "Teach me, guide me, walk beside me, help me find the way"
    A way that is going to open doors of wisdom and applicable knowledge.

• Hello every one
    My Name is Limbani Rashid Mtupanyama and i live in the capital city of the warm heart of Africa( Lilongwe old airport Malawi ) currently i am working with Resani Consulting( a business consulting Firm Specializing in Management services , Human Resources, Marketing and Financial Services). for More than a year Now i have been working with this Firm as an Associate Consultant. i joined this platform to meet up with fellow business consultants, entrepreneurs and possibly share my knowledge in Marketing and content writing and learn from this community in what ever knowledge available.

• Hello everyone, Yes Malawi! I am Evans Alice Kagwira Jr residing in Mzuzu. I work with The Malawi Judiciary as a Systems Analyst in the ICT Department.
    Apart from that, I also volunteer with Chisomo Idea. I always believe in continuous learning and as they say "Knowledge is the new currency." So, I am here to consume a whole lot of knowledge and hopefully that I can meet wonderful people from the warm heart of Africa and beyond on a professional basis and help each other discuss critical issues and not only discussing but also how we can implement them for the development of our country and continent.

• @Jason said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Malawi:

Hi everyone,

Hello Community, My name is Misheck Chirwa based in Mzimba working for Plan International Malawi as a Programme Facilitator. I joined the community in order to learn and people should learn from as we interact on various topics.

• My Name is Peter Gondwe, Founder and Executive Director of an NGO called Life Concern Organization, areas of focus are Health, Education, Human rights and Women economical empowerment, we are based in Rumphi District, North of Malawi. I am happy to join the Philanthropy University, hoping to learn and share experiences.

• Hie.

My name is inno kumwenda, I work with Citizen Impact Organization. I did not know this space exists. I am excited to be a part of the community as it will shape my knowledge and skills in organizing our NGO. Our organization is located in Mzimba North.

Thank You

• Hi Tawina,

Are you still working on your organisation?

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.