Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Introduce yourself to the community! -Leadership and Governance

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Leadership and Governance community of practice! My name is Jason and I’m a community manager here at Philanthropy University.

Please use this topic to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

T
    C
    B
    C
    B
    7 Replies
  • My name is Kennedy Onyango, I am the founder and director of EDTEC www.edteckenya.webs.com . We are a social-enterprise based in Mbita, Kenya. I am seeking partnerships with such like minded organizations.

S
    1 Reply
  • Welcome @fionamac, @mimhoff, and @deplomaci!

What are your personal or professional interests in leadership and governance?

• Hi everyone! My name is Julian, I'm from St. Louis, and I am in my second term as an AmeriCorps Member. I am currently serving as the Volunteer & Social Media Coordinator, AmeriCorps VISTA for AmeriCorps St. Louis. I joined this community because nonprofit leadership and leadership, in general, are areas in which I would like to grow.

• Am Omoniyi David a Digital Marketing consultant for Def Resolution a Digital Marketing agency helping companies and organization attain their Digital Marketing Goals and assisting them achieve ROI via engagement Online.

Am also a Social Sector Advocate to educate and help build sustainable social business enterprise that will last for generations.

2017 Graduate of Philanthropy University Educative Initiative,a Berkeley Haas School of Business,California with a Certificate of Honor in Social Sector Leadership.

i intend to connect with like minds and partnership for a possible social enterprise,

Am into Digital Marketing & Advertising (B2B or B2C ) ,Website Design,Seo, Video Animation and Creation,E-Mail Marketing, Digital Currency & Ads, LinkedIn sales Navigator.

Check My Latest Vlog on Video Marketing:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDWfmRL9RaM

Email : defresolutionz05@gmail.com

contactus@defresolutionz.com

+2349093222788

www.defresolutionz.com

• @jason said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Leadership and Governance community of practice! My name is Jason and I’m a community manager here at Philanthropy University.

Please use this topic to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

Hi everyone,
    My name is John Wilcox, I live in Nigeria, I work with Nigeria Liquefied Natural gas (NLNG) as a contract Administrator, I joined this community for knowledge transfer on
    *Leadership and governance
    *Human resource management
    *Strategy and planning
    *Marketing, communications, and PR
    for my Personnel Development and impacting on people positively.

• I'm Steve Adams from Lagos Nigeria. I just started working in the area of IT for Development. Basically what we try to do is bring FREE basic ICT education to inmates in Nigera's prisons. This way they are empowered to easily integrate back into society with their new skills in graphic design, web design, apps development, etc. I'm the Executive Director/CEO of this new social service initiative

• Hello everyone.
    My name is Chidinma Eke and I live in Asaba, Nigeria. I work with Cartege Cinemas as a Cinema Manager where I manage the daily running of the cinema and drive the performance of the team leaders to deliver on business key performance indicators.
    At the moment, I am working on transitioning in my career to being an administrator in the Nonprofit sector and I have joined this community as an avenue to interact, learn and contribute. These three put me on a solid pedestal to achieve this goal.

• @edteckenya said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

My name is Kennedy Onyango, I am the founder and director of EDTEC www.edteckenya.webs.com . We are a social-enterprise based in Mbita, Kenya. I am seeking partnerships with such like minded organizations.

Amazing stuff you are doing for the children. Congrats.

• My names are Angella Muwanga; residing in Kampala- Uganda; i am a co-founder of Hearts Extended Uganda ( an NGO established in 2014 to promote and protect the rights of disadvantaged children and women in our communities by providing material, psychological and advocacy support in order to further their education, health and livelihoods.); Looking forward to the interaction and value addition

Hi everyone,

Hi Everyone; my name is Michael E. Taire; I live in Liberia; I work for a conservation organization called "Society for the Conservation of Nature-Liberia (SCNL)" and I serve as the Program Manager. I choose to join this community because my role got a lot to do with leadership and organization governance; and I anticipate this platform will be useful for knowledge, experience sharing and learning to make impact.

• Hello, I'm derick ASonganyi from Cameroon, currently I'm a job seeker, I'M PLANING TO SET UP MY OWN ORGANISATION, THATS WHY I'M HERE

1 Reply
  • Hi I am interested in social development activities. Especially in the areas concerning handling specially abled people. I am planning to do a good work that delivers peace and goodness for that community.

• Course Facilitator

hey @derickasong!thanks for introducing yourself,what kind of organisation are you planning to open? and what specific skills are you looking to build on?

D
    1 Reply
  • An special school for autism with hostel and education based non profitable institution which enables researchers to know the intensity of the problem and counseling the family towards positive attitude. I had an autistic boy, recently lost him. So, I want this stigma to be more carefully handled by the parents of special children.

P
    1 Reply
  • Hello all, my name is Cliff from Zimbabwe. Currently doing voluntary teaching at a local college and hoping to hone my skills here

1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

@cliff_t said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hello all, my name is Cliff from Zimbabwe. Currently doing voluntary teaching at a local college and hoping to hone my skills here

Welcome @cliff_t, this is a good place to learn, and engage with others..

• Dear all,
    My name is Omotayo Salau, I live in Nigeria, I work with Ogun State Ministry of Health as the Monitoring and Evaluation officer for TB control program, I joined this community for knowledge acquisition and Knowledge transfer.

• Hello everyone, my name is Tonye and I reside in Nigeria where I work as the Rivers State TBL monitoring and evaluation officer in the State ministry of health.
    I hope to improve my knowledge and skills here.

• Hello everyone✋, am Gerard Asagi from Ghana. I'm hoping to acquire knowledge on this course and to also learn from like minded individuals already in the field. Thank you

• @cmnyarangi said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

hey @derickasong!thanks for introducing yourself,what kind of organisation are you planning to open? and what specific skills are you looking to build on?

AS THE AGRONOMIST THAT I AM, I AM WORKING ON ESTABLISHING AN ORGANISATION TO ADDRESS THE ISSUE OF FOOD SECURITY IN ADVOCATING FOR AN ENVIROMENT FREIENDLY AGRICULTURE AND BETTER POST HARVERST PROCESSING TECHNICS

Hi everyone,

My name is Belinda Mensah,from Ghana. I'm currently not with any organisation, now planning to set up an NGO, that is why i decided to be part of this community, to learn more about leadership and Governance , which i hope will help me to manage my organisation very well.

1 Reply
  • My name is Isaac G. Crusoe and I am from Liberia.
    I currently work with AIESEC Liberia and I am working as a member on OUT GOING GLOBAL VOLUNTEER (OGV)
    I choose to join this community to enhance my knowledge on thing I don't know.

E
    1 Reply
  • @4321 said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

My name is Isaac G. Crusoe and I am from Liberia.
    I currently work with AIESEC Liberia and I am working as a member on OUT GOING GLOBAL VOLUNTEER (OGV)
    I choose to join this community to enhance my knowledge on thing I don't know.

Hello, I am Eva Abugabe from Ghana. I volunteer with many with organizations whiles i also act as a Lead Change Agent with Dezem Daane Foundation I hope to sharpen my leadership skills to impact lives especially that of the youth as well as connect with others here.

Hi everyone,

Hello Everyone! I am Clyde Qweeh Demie, and I'm presently living in Liberia, a country located in the western side of Africa. I am a 3rd year student studying electrical engineering at the Stella Maris Polytechnic.
    I am the Secretary General and Chief Administrator of the Margibi – Nimba People Association (MANIPA), a non- profit, and non- governmental organization. MANIPA seeks to empower youth programs to encourage public reformers who have the abilities, knowledge, and webs to build on opportunities and change their own societies. We also empower women through small businesses to give them a sense of importance. We are hoping to champion a cause in Agriculture and sanitation which we believe are some major challenges in our setting.

I am eager to learn more about advocacy as I have little or no experience in it, and I would like to transition in any way to improve my ability in this course for the betterment of my organization. It would be my pleasure to work in a team and I look forward to learning from everyone.

Message or text me on WhatsApp (+231770114154)

L
    1 Reply
  • Hello, my name is Angela. I am from Hampton, Virginia in the U.S. I joined to educate myself on organizational leadership. I am a former Associate Technical Producer, with a B.A. in Theatre from Hampton U. My focus is strategy and planning to start my own organization which caters to those interested in arts related careers who may have barriers to pursuing their passion.

M
    1 Reply
  • @angela_reid said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hello, my name is Angela. I am from Hampton, Virginia in the U.S. I joined to educate myself on organizational leadership. I am a former Associate Technical Producer, with a B.A. in Theatre from Hampton U. My focus is strategy and planning to start my own organization which caters to those interested in arts related careers who may have barriers to pursuing their passion.

Hello every one, my name is Mugulu Aziz from Uganda, I am interested in studying human capital strategy because i am planning to start my own organization so i need to know how to effectively manage the human resources.
    I am currently not having a partner for peer review.

A
    1 Reply
  • @muguluaziz said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

@angela_reid said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hello, my name is Angela. I am from Hampton, Virginia in the U.S. I joined to educate myself on organizational leadership. I am a former Associate Technical Producer, with a B.A. in Theatre from Hampton U. My focus is strategy and planning to start my own organization which caters to those interested in arts related careers who may have barriers to pursuing their passion.

Hello every one, my name is Mugulu Aziz from Uganda, I am interested in studying human capital strategy because i am planning to start my own organization so i need to know how to effectively manage the human resources.

Hello Mugulu, would you like to partner up, and when would you like to review statements for Module 1?

P
    1 Reply
  • Hello everyone. I am Fr. Jose Dennis Tenorio from Tanauan City, Philippines. I enrolled in Philantrophy University to learn how to motivate my parishioners in supporting our Church projects and programs. Hope to catch everyone soon.

Hi everyone,

Am Benson Mukandiwa CMgr (39) years, I based in the City of Bulawayo, am currently the National Coordinator/Country Director for Pan African Youth Network for Culture of Peace (PAYNCOP)-Zimbabwe. I chose to join the community as a move to learn more about philanthropy and find ways in which I uplift the life of my fellow youthful Zimbabweans. Email: benmuk@gmail.com

• My name is David Msoru(37yrs old) from Arusha Tanzania..I am a country coordinator for African Advancement Initiative. I have decided to take a course in Fund raising so that I can Efficiently and effective employ the right relationships among donors and fund raising to push forward the initiative.
    Email:internationalman137@gmail.com
    Cell: +255782117455

• Hello everyone, I am Godwin Uzoamaka Comfort, a free lancing beautypreneur with affiliations to the NGO IT core talent development initiative (ITDI). I registered with philanthropy university to learn better ways of maximizing the NGO,and learn how to access funds for the NGO.
    Email: @daisycommysmart@yahoo.com
    Cell: +2348065734261

P
    1 Reply
  • Hello Godwin welcome your comments. For success your NGO and better now. I am Towfica come from Bangladesh. I am working now government services.

• @shobha_j said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

An special school for autism with hostel and education based non profitable institution which enables researchers to know the intensity of the problem and counseling the family towards positive attitude. I had an autistic boy, recently lost him. So, I want this stigma to be more carefully handled by the parents of special children.

Welcome to the course,Shobha. Sorry to hear your loss but salute your strength to help parents of special children.

• @daisyuzoamaka said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hello everyone, I am Godwin Uzoamaka Comfort, a free lancing beautypreneur with affiliations to the NGO IT core talent development initiative (ITDI). I registered with philanthropy university to learn better ways of maximizing the NGO,and learn how to access funds for the NGO.
    Email: @daisycommysmart@yahoo.com
    Cell: +2348065734261

Welcome beautypreneur, Godwin.You are at the right place. I have done nine courses offered by the University and I have learnt a lot. One of the best platform to learn about any field of running a non profit organisation.

• @angela_reid said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

@muguluaziz said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

@angela_reid said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hello Mugulu, would you like to partner up, and when would you like to review statements for Module 1?

Welcome to the course, Angela. You will be surprised to find a lot of information in a very learnerfriendly way.

Hi everyone,

I am a life long learner ,and find this platform an enrichment base for those who want to learn. it also gives the learners an opportunity to know others from different parts of word and be part of teams.

• My name is Sobia Mahmood, I am Pakistan, not doing any job rite recently completed PHD in HRM - Human Capital and Leadership. Taught as a visiting faculty in top universities of Pakistan from last ten years. I join this community to learn more about Human strategy as this is my core area and want to learn new teaching strategies and tools in
    used by this community.

• Hello, my name is segun Samuel and I'm a Nigerian currently running my masters program in reproductive and family health. I joined this program to improve my skills and gain more knowledge

• Hi everyone my is Shiana Iorhen, I am a Nigerian and a development worker. I am here to learn

A
    1 Reply
  • Hi everyone, I am Moussodjie DEMBELE. I am trop Mali. I am an english teacher. Now I am working in a project that help communities to be more involved in the school life of the more love seed, I mean children in early grade.

1 Reply
  • @clydee said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

@jason said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hi everyone,

Hello Everyone! I am Clyde Qweeh Demie, and I'm presently living in Liberia, a country located in the western side of Africa. I am a 3rd year student studying electrical engineering at the Stella Maris Polytechnic.
    I am the Secretary General and Chief Administrator of the Margibi – Nimba People Association (MANIPA), a non- profit, and non- governmental organization. MANIPA seeks to empower youth programs to encourage public reformers who have the abilities, knowledge, and webs to build on opportunities and change their own societies. We also empower women through small businesses to give them a sense of importance. We are hoping to champion a cause in Agriculture and sanitation which we believe are some major challenges in our setting.

I am eager to learn more about advocacy as I have little or no experience in it, and I would like to transition in any way to improve my ability in this course for the betterment of my organization. It would be my pleasure to work in a team and I look forward to learning from everyone.

Message or text me on WhatsApp (+231770114154)

Hello Clyde, interesting empowering work you are doing in your country. I wish you all the best in the advocacy course and may you acquire the skills that you are desiring 👌

• @1987_04 said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Shiana Iorhen

Dear Shiana,
    How are you? Great to see you in Nigeria. which sector of development do you work.

• @mousso86 said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hi everyone, I am Moussodjie DEMBELE. I am trop Mali. I am an english teacher. Now I am working in a project that help communities to be more involved in the school life of the more love seed, I mean children in early grade.

Woohh I love this ..I believe that the foundation of every society is in what we invest in the young ones. Big up @moussodjie

Welcome to the platform

Hi everyone,

I'm Ekene, I live in Nigeria. I work with Education as a Vaccine and I'm an Admin/HR officer. I'm here to build my capacity on HR management, leadership and governance and to also network and possibly transfer the knowledge.

• My Name is McNeil Butler.

• Welcome everyone to the Leadership and Governance community of practice! I hope you will use this space to connect with one another and share ideas about leadership and governance :)

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.