Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Unity in Diversity

There are many languages spoken in Pakistan, majority of the languages have not in written form. Only in District Chitral there are fourteen languages are spoken, among the fourteen only five are in written form, rest of the languages are not in written. Need to develop these minor languages and cuture. what you guys are thinking about this Issue?

S
    R
    S
    4 Replies
  • @farid-0345 said in Unity in Diversity:

There are many languages spoken in Pakistan, majority of the languages have not in written form. Only in District Chitral there are fourteen languages are spoken, among the fourteen only five are in written form, rest of the languages are not in written. Need to develop these minor languages and cuture. what you guys are thinking about this Issue?

That is an interesting question @Farid-0345! Thank you for posting :)

@all does anyone have any thoughts that they would like to share?

Yes you are right. we should think about this.

It is a good idea but I think we should have to develop English there and educate more people so they can communicate easily with other people specially with foreigners. Thank you

I think there are lots of work to do in this , but first we need to develop in any platform in our National Language which can be used across pakistan.

T
    1 Reply
  • @syedshariq said in Unity in Diversity:

@farid-0345 said in Unity in Diversity:

I think there are lots of work to do in this , but first we need to develop in any platform in our National Language which can be used across pakistan.

Yes. I agree with you but there are others area in Pakistan like in Punjab where different languages are spoken but not in written form. And of course there will be more in other provinces of Pakistan.

• It is a great idea but I think first we have to bring our people (the people of Pakistan) on a single platform so that they all can at least understand one language; the mother tongue Urdu. Then more focus should be on the English language, as by knowing this language people can better communicate with foreigners. The understanding of the English language will also help them while moving to, and excelling their career in abroad. Both Urdu and English languages should be empowered more. Once the understanding of the people reaches a satisfactory level then we can move towards other provisional languages. It's a long-term plan though!

E
    1 Reply
  • @sameia_farhat said in Unity in Diversity:

It is a great idea but I think first we have to bring our people (the people of Pakistan) on a single platform so that they all can at least understand one language; the mother tongue Urdu. Then more focus should be on the English language, as by knowing this language people can better communicate with foreigners. The understanding of the English language will also help them while moving to, and excelling their career in abroad. Both Urdu and English languages should be empowered more. Once the understanding of the people reaches a satisfactory level then we can move towards other provisional languages. It's a long-term plan though!

I agree with you. To be a strong Nation, we need to unite within and able to show the World that we are not less than anybody. Urdu gives us National Identity and English helps to live in the world at same level.
    I am living overseas from about half a decade and have seen lot of people facing problems in communication with others.

Although local languages should be protected because they are beauty of cultural diversity, but at moment we need to resolve more serious issue

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.