Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• M&E career

Hello everyone , i need your advice about what should i do to get a job as M&E officer Knowing that I will start to learn this field from scratch because I was working in entrepreneurship and training

E
    3 Replies
  • @drmarwa said in M&E career:

Hello everyone , i need your advice about what should i do to get a job as M&E officer Knowing that I will start to learn this field from scratch because I was working in entrepreneurship and training

That is an interesting question @DrMarwa, I wonder if others in this community ( @all ) have thoughts or experience to share?

T
    2 Replies
  • There are two options one you may ask for internship at a certain organization so as you can get experience second try to apply for this position in different organizations you may get job

Hello @DrMarwa
    Do you mean as M&E officer is for monitoring and evaluation officer?
    I think is a good thing you enrolled this course if you aim to be an m&e officer, cause we learn also about performance management process, maybe you could learn deeper about tools and technique to do monitoring & evaluation for employee performance that actually explained in module 4.

E
    1 Reply
  • @yosepcahyadi said in M&E career:

@drmarwa said in M&E career:

Hello @DrMarwa
    I think is a good thing you enrolled this course if you aim to be an m&e officer, cause we learn also about performance management process, maybe you could learn deeper about tools and technique to do monitoring & evaluation for employee performance that actually explained in module 4.
    Good evening, i think if you want to get a job as monitoring and évaluation officer, it is important that you get some skills first. This course is a perfect start, then you dont need to start in a big organization, join a smaller organization where you are going to build practical skills which will later help you get in a bigger organization. It is advisable to push your studies further in monitoring and evaluation.

1 Reply
  • It good you have enrolled to this course. Actually we are in the same boat, I myself am trying my very best to learn and also download all the recommended materials.

K
    1 Reply
  • Hi everyone! nice meeting you. I hope to hear more from you soon.

• Welcome to the course. I have been learning a lot here too and I believe it will help me in the M&E sector. ☺

A
    1 Reply
  • Hello everyone. I am glad and happy to read from you. I am learning alot however slow it us for me given the tasks of the day. I know I will complete and enrol for more.

Thank you

S
    1 Reply
  • @savimbisteve said in M&E career:

Hello everyone. I am glad and happy to read from you. I am learning alot however slow it us for me given the tasks of the day. I know I will complete and enrol for more.

Thank you

Yes. it may be quite challenging but i bet you, it worth all the effort

• Enrolling in this course will help to you not only gain the job but understand your function within the company, so you contribute to their growth and development.
    P.S - We are in the same ship, seeing I have been shortlisted for the Operation Management position.

• @manson said in M&E career:

It good you have enrolled to this course. Actually we are in the same boat, I myself am trying my very best to learn and also download all the recommended materials.

Agree...Same here!

• @ekane said in M&E career:

@yosepcahyadi said in M&E career:

Hello @DrMarwa
    Good evening, i think if you want to get a job as monitoring and évaluation officer, it is important that you get some skills first. This course is a perfect start, then you dont need to start in a big organization, join a smaller organization where you are going to build practical skills which will later help you get in a bigger organization. It is advisable to push your studies further in monitoring and evaluation.

yup i agree when you said to start in a smaller organization first, because in a small company you will find many problems and it's good for developing your ability to organize that problems into systems.

In response to your question, you need to do M&E short course if at all your course you did at the tertiary is in the field relevant to Monitoring and evaluation.

Moreover, should there be chance of getting internship opportunity in the field , then you have to take that and advanced your learning in the field,.

Take the course and create a LinkedIn profile. Update your profile with the knowledge acquired from the course and then begin to seek opportunities with M&E communities.

• This course will go a long way in helping you acquire knowledge about M&E. An internship opportunity will also be helpful

• I am also looking for similar opportunities

• Dr Marwa, I think the right thing to do is pursuing the course and develop a clear understanding and expertise in this field. After that, I expect your to look on different jobs relating to M&E as I believe you will update your CV by including this course. I belive the credibility of the institution which is going to award you a certificate. Then, update your CV in different job portals as well as in your linked in profile. I believe that different companies will start looking for you.

• @DrMarwa, thanks for sharing your thoughts and ambition. It's cool to know you want to build a career in M&E, so it is important to take this course serious and once completed, put it on your CV. That's a good start, but you will have to keep updating your knowledge base and wait for an opportunity to prove what you've learnt. Godspeed!

• Hie Dr. I'm a director of a group of schools. I'm sure this course will assist me in understanding management of staff expectations and output through M&E.

• There is need for tools and technique to do monitoring & evaluation for employee performance. This will give all M & E job seekers chance..

B
    1 Reply
  • @perrymwaba said in M&E career:

There is need for tools and technique to do monitoring & evaluation for employee performance. This will give all M & E job seekers chance..

• I wish to do this one as well.

• I am looking forward to an exciting learning experience

• Course Facilitator

@mark_g said in M&E career:

That is an interesting question @DrMarwa, I wonder if others in this community ( @all ) have thoughts or experience to share?

I guess will all do.
    Hi I am a new bee too looking forward to learn from you all

• I want to learn alot about M&E I believe it will help Me become a good project manager. Looking forward to making friends and sharing professional advice. Cheers.

1 Reply
  • I've always wished to work as a nutritionist in the Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) camp in the Northeast Nigeria. Undertaking this course has equipped me with skills that I look forward to using when the opportunity avails.

Y
    2 Replies
  • @xmohits said in M&E career:

I want to learn alot about M&E I believe it will help Me become a good project manager. Looking forward to making friends and sharing professional advice. Cheers.

Sure. M&E will distinguish you as a project manager. However, we may be expected to deepen your knowledge by taking more detailed courses. you can start with the course on Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation that Philanthropy University offers

• @08161317905 said in M&E career:

I've always wished to work as a nutritionist in the Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) camp in the Northeast Nigeria. Undertaking this course has equipped me with skills that I look forward to using when the opportunity avails.

it is great to hear that @08161317905 . All the very best in your career endeavours

• I from Somalia, i am very happy to be part of this learning community, i am very interesting ME to improve my khowledge in me

• Welcome everyone!

• I am Thaimu, I work in the capacity of M&E Officer in the National Referral Services (NRS). This program is designed by the Ministry of Health and Sanitation (MoHS) of Sierra Leone. It is to provide improved health care service to patients. My role is to provide feedback to the hospital manager and the Ministry through the data collected by the Referral Coordinators (RCs). I think the two courses I had applied for (Essentials of Nonprofit Strategy and Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation) will be of great help to this program in providing relevant information to hospital managers. Thanks very much for making this course available to individuals like me, who are willing to study more, but unable to pay for these relevant courses.

1 Reply
  • @thaimu said in M&E career:

I am Thaimu, I work in the capacity of M&E Officer in the National Referral Services (NRS). This program is designed by the Ministry of Health and Sanitation (MoHS) of Sierra Leone. It is to provide improved health care service to patients. My role is to provide feedback to the hospital manager and the Ministry through the data collected by the Referral Coordinators (RCs). I think the two courses I had applied for (Essentials of Nonprofit Strategy and Planning for Monitoring and Evaluation) will be of great help to this program in providing relevant information to hospital managers. Thanks very much for making this course available to individuals like me, who are willing to study more, but unable to pay for these relevant courses.

Welcome @Thaimu, it is wonderful to have you here at Philanthropy University! Thank you for sharing your introduction with us. It sounds like you are doing powerful work, and we are so glad to hear that the courses you plan to take will help you in your work. Welcome again!

• @mark_g said in M&E career:

Same here.

1 Reply
  • Great to be hear. Waiting to interact

• @DrMarwa that is a good question actually to anyone who is looking for similar opportunity. As someone has suggested, please consider interning to get experience. Always be optimistic.

• Hello everyone, I am Tahir Amin from Pakistan. I am working at Rashid Latif Khan Associates Pvt. Ltd., a group of companies in the medical field including medical colleges abd hospitals in Lahore, Pakistan as Manager Information Technology. Looking forward you as course start and establish link and working relations with you with open heart and open mind. Hope to hear a positive response from all of you.
    Welcome all of you in joining you as a team.
    I have almost 2 years of experince of ERP and HMIS implementation.
    I want to start new business project and need to implememt my knowledge, expertise and all material help me to achieve my goal.
    Yours help will be appreciated.

Tahir Amin

• I am happy to be in this valuable course. I have worked for six years in M & E position and I am ready to share my experience with you.

Muna Al Reqeb

H
    1 Reply
  • @24980 said in M&E career:

I am happy to be in this valuable course. I have worked for six years in M & E position and I am ready to share my experience with you.

Muna Al Reqeb

ooh Much Congratulation to you.

Y
    1 Reply
  • Can't wait to begin this class. Looking forward to this program and doing more classes.

P
    1 Reply
  • @dala8304 said in M&E career:

Can't wait to begin this class. Looking forward to this program and doing more classes.

Hellow every one! I am happy to meet you as my class mate and i am very interested to learn from your diverse experiences from different cultural backgrounds. :-)

• Hello every one i find it so interested unbelievable to have such a global knowledge combined together thank you for your initiative .

I
    1 Reply
  • @ibnsman121 said in M&E career:

Hello every one i find it so interested unbelievable to have such a global knowledge combined together thank you for your initiative .

Hello Team mate, i'm glad to be part of you on this amazing journey. I pray that this awesome relationships can last long enough till we all are able to achieve our respective goals. Even though i can't see your faces yet, i can figure out your charming smiles. I wish all of you great learning time ahead. Love you all.

• I have been in the same predicament not long ago. If you're starting from scratch, I recommend you consider doing internship or volunteering like others have suggested. However you have to choose an organization that will actually help you learn on the job because many organizations have different ideas of what an intern is supposed to do. Instead of assigning tasks related to M&E, they assign menial tasks which won't build your competence in the area you want. The beauty of M&E is its ability to accommodate people from diverse backgrounds.

N
    1 Reply
  • @mjmawa said in M&E career:

I have been in the same predicament not long ago. If you're starting from scratch, I recommend you consider doing internship or volunteering like others have suggested. However you have to choose an organization that will actually help you learn on the job because many organizations have different ideas of what an intern is supposed to do. Instead of assigning tasks related to M&E, they assign menial tasks which won't build your competence in the area you want. The beauty of M&E is its ability to accommodate people from diverse backgrounds.

Hello friends, I just join the community.

• Hello friends , I have just joined the course

• Hello Friends we are together.

• Hullo there, am glad for Monitoring and Evaluation enabling environment created for us purposely to make an impact on the world at large

• Hello everyone, my name is Nuhu Yusuf Galadima am from Nigeria, i believe that you can apply M&E, in the small business u are into, not necessarily you working as a M&E personal. i come to be leave that in what you do in life it needs monitoring planning and evaluation. i will give a small example. imagine you just got a contract to supply new paper to like 10 company every Monday morning and those company are not close to each other you need transport for you to get those destinations and on time, now u need to plan monitor and evaluate how best to meet up with those delivery.

1. are u employing some one to help u make some of those delivery
    2. what impact will make when u don't deliver on time
      3 how are you going to impress or satisfy your employer
      ETC
      so you need to plan, monitor evaluate for you to succeed.
      just try using your present job and experiment, set target for your self record your progress and your achievement.
      i assure u get your answers.
    S
    1 Reply
  • 🙏
    @nyg4real said in M&E career:

Hello everyone, my name is Nuhu Yusuf Galadima am from Nigeria, i believe that you can apply M&E, in the small business u are into, not necessarily you working as a M&E personal. i come to be leave that in what you do in life it needs monitoring planning and evaluation. i will give a small example. imagine you just got a contract to supply new paper to like 10 company every Monday morning and those company are not close to each other you need transport for you to get those destinations and on time, now u need to plan monitor and evaluate how best to meet up with those delivery.

ETC
      just try using your present job and experiment, set target for your self record your progress and your achievement.
    A
    1 Reply
  • @1234567 said in M&E career:

Welcome to the course. I have been learning a lot here too and I believe it will help me in the M&E sector. ☺

I am M&E officer, i enrolled for the course so how i do the lesson materials reach us? In the course it is saying you have to own some special device to get the lessons. Plz help me.

• @Saroj_Katuwal said in M&E career:

🙏

Hello everyone, my name is Nuhu Yusuf Galadima am from Nigeria, i believe that you can apply M&E, in the small business u are into, not necessarily you working as a M&E personal. i come to be leave that in what you do in life it needs monitoring planning and evaluation. i will give a small example. imagine you just got a contract to supply new paper to like 10 company every Monday morning and those company are not close to each other you need transport for you to get those destinations and on time, now u need to plan monitor and evaluate how best to meet up with those delivery.

ETC
    A
    1 Reply
  • @AbdiazizMohamedNoor said in M&E career:

@Saroj_Katuwal said in M&E career:

🙏

ETC
      I really got what i wanted thank you

• @08161317905 said in M&E career:

I've always wished to work as a nutritionist in the Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) camp in the Northeast Nigeria. Undertaking this course has equipped me with skills that I look forward to using when the opportunity avails.

Fantastic!! Well done on completing the training.I have identified that there are vast opportunities for M&E professional in Nigeria...Keep learning till it comes.

• @Heavenly said in M&E career:

@24980 said in M&E career:

I am happy to be in this valuable course. I have worked for six years in M & E position and I am ready to share my experience with you.

Muna Al Reqeb

ooh Much Congratulation to you.

You contributions will be appreciated. Thank you

• monitoring and evaluation is something we do everyday of our life starting from how to we plan to send our money on things we plan to spend our money on then of what value is what we are spending our money is. so its interesting to know that we are already M&E officers in our daily life activities. Monitoring and evaluation officer is simply one who responsible for the analysis of what to put in any project, the running of the project, outcomes and the challenges and to a large extent the benefits of a projects. its helps in decision making.

• Hi everyone, am happy to be here. Am currently not M & E officer, but am hoping to get an organization to join. I like M & E and will continue to learn M & E for my personal development and the growth and development of my community.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.