Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• @mabhedla74 said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Good day, this is Mandla Masuku from Johannesburg, South Africa, i am working for a car dealership: Suzuki @ Ipop Vehicle Sales since 2007, i am looking forward to learning new skills in my quest to assist my current workplace and enhance my skills and knowledge of this forever changing world, i really cannot wait to get started...

Welcomed comrade

• @mark_g said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):
    Hi, I am Samia Afridi from Pakistan. Apart from my studies I am working with an organization (School of leadership) as a project co-ordinator.
    My goals for the course are to learn what I don't know yet and experience new things which are important for me to know.
    Yes! I would prefer working in a team.
    Yes I have an experience of project management. In 2015, I had organized Gloria Jeans launching Pakistan.

Thank You for having me on board :)

• Hi ALL,
    I'm Jack Assa, from Papua New Guinea.
    I work for a non profit organisation.
    Cant wait to take the course and learn new skills and knowledge to build on from what i already know on PM.

Cheers

• Welcome everyone to the course! Thank you so much for sharing your backgrounds and motivations. We're thrilled to have you here at Philanthropy University :)

Happy Learning!

• @mark_g said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

What is your name? Where are you joining from?
    I am Muhammad Akram Kharral , an Agriculture Engineer and working as Planner officer in govt. of Pakistan.

Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role?
    yes, i am working for govt. department and my role is to oversee the development projects and its Gethsemane and evaluation.

What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?
    I want to improve my skills in project management. For this, I have plan to apply that I will use the learnt techniques and methods of this course when i will go for monitoring and Evaluation of the projects.

Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.
    Yes, i will join the team for achieving the desired objectives.

Do you have any experience with Project Management? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!
    No

• What is your name? Where are you joining from? My Name is Mpundu Chishimba, joining in from Zambia Africa

Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role?Yes I work for SNV Development organisation in Zambia As project Accountant

What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?I want to diversify into project management.I have been in finance field 12 years now so i want to change direction in 2019.we only have one co worker in Project management so would like to join that department as soon i an opening comes up

Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.Yes

Do you have any experience with Project Management? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise! No I dont have any experience in PM

• @suto_masika said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

My name is Joel Masika Suto. I am joining from Nairobi - Kenya.

Currently I am an independent Research and Training Consultant. I specialize in qualitative research and impact evaluations.

In my work as a consultant especially in impact evaluations of social projects, one question that comes up whenever the desired impact is not realized is: What went wrong? I believe I will get the answer by undertaking the Project Management course among other learnings. My main goal of going through the course is to understand the fundamentals of conceptualizing and running a successful project to realize desired objectives.

I will be glad to be a member of a team where we can share experiences and support one another through the course.

I wouldn't say I possess a lot of experience in Project Management. I just have the basics that I have been able to gather as a consultant especially whenever I am involved in assignments related to evaluating projects that have been implemented. One thing that I have learnt over the years is that for any project to succeed all stakeholders must be involved right from the conceptualization stage.

I look forward to learning a lot both from the facilitator as well as my fellow learners from this course.

WELCOME

W
    1 Reply
  • Hello! I'm Arop Biong from South Sudan, working with newly initiated national NGO and serving as the Executive Director.
    I wanted to build and improves my skills so that I will be able to drive my organization forward. I will use this knowledge to enhance the capacity of my team in order to deliver the best for our organization. Working in team make me proud all the time for it increase learning in one as well as extending network. It is wonderful and I like it the most. My experience is limited but looking forward to upgrade myself accordingly.

• Hello everyone. My name is Hannah Agunkejoye. I founded Ladies Helpline Initiative, a community based developmental organization aimed at engaging, empowering and educating the young women and girls in my community through our advocacy and social outreach program. We are based in Lagos, Nigeria. I hope to learn more about project management.

H
    1 Reply
    1. My Names are Melvin Boss Desmond Scott. I am joining this course because I am greatly interested in project management as that is the key goal of my organization 2. I am working for the Sierra Leone Roads Authority (SLRA) and my role is to monitor and evaluate all projects to provide a safe, reliable and sustainable national road system for the enhancement of the socio-economic development of the country. 3. Is to acquired vast knowledge about project management and implement them as a tool to meet my organization goal. 4. Yes, I want to join a team. 5. I really don't have any experience with project management.
  • I am Yemisi Olorundare from Nigeria. I am in intern in my organization. I joined to add more value to myself and my organization.

O
    1 Reply
  • Hi Ladies and Gentlemen. I am Edwin from Nairobi,Kenya. I am interested in in learning project management as this will provide me with the adequate knowledge in starting and managing different projects within the organization I work for. Currently, I work for KENTTEC ;a brainchild of PATTEC.

Hello Learners!

Welcome to the Fundamentals of Project Management course discussion board! My name is Mark ( @Mark_G ) and I support @Kamilla to run course operations here at Philanthropy University.

The first step in the course is to post a response to this thread answering the questions below, and to read and respond to the posts of others.

After submitting your post answering these questions, please reply to at least one other learner who has posted before you to welcome them. Feel free to ask questions about their work, goals, and backgrounds.

Happy learning!

1. What is your name? Where are you joining from?

2. Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role?

3. What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?

4. Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.

5. Do you have any experience with Project Management? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!

My names are Lombe Lukwesa and I work for a financial institution in Zambia. My goal is to learn and apply time management skills which are essential because you are dealing with a wide range of tasks that demand a quick turnaround time. I believe Planning my day will go a long way in keeping me organized and increase my productivity. I am interested in joining a team because individual effort put together yields good results. I don’t have any experience with project management but am eager to learn the reason why I’ve enrolled for this course.

• Course Facilitator
    1. Hi, am Korie Obioma P.J from Nigeria
    2. No. Currently enrolled for a Master degree program in GIS
    3. As soon as am done with studies I want to run my own business, I have a lot of Projects I have been working on my private time, i expect the course to help orientate me better on how i will manage them when the time comes.
    4. Yes, but our Internet here is kind of slow and irregular. So if my team can bear with me. Am In
    5. Not really
  • Course Facilitator

@tyna said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hello Everyone, I'm Christiana from Ghana. I'm a project assistant till 31st December, since my project is ending.
    I want to build my knowledge on basic terminologies and how to effectively apply them to my next work and get great results.

Thanks for having me here and i hope to make new friends as well.😊

Hi, I guess u have made one already......I am Korie Obioma from Nigeria, cheers

• Hello, my name is Pavel and i'm from Iraq. Currently i'm working for a humanitarian organization(Non-profit) as a database officer.
    I'd like to improve my skills and learn how to setup a plan, organizing and running a project through this course.
    I'm so interested to joining a team to learn from them because i know maybe there is someone that has some experience i never experienced before.
    Exactly working in team are more successful and more interested to achieving your project goal(s).
    I don't have any experience with project management but i worked with them, from my perspective i have many skills that i could be a successful project manager.

C
    1 Reply
  • @nompu said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

1. Nompu Ntsele - Johannesburg South Africa
    2. Yes - Programme Officer
    3. I have been doing a lot of project management in this role and would like to back it up with a certificate.
    4. Yes , I work well in teams
    5. Yes, I coordinate the activities of literacy organization- this includes planning, implementing and monitoring field activities across 4 districts in South Africa.

Hello Nompu, i hope you are doing well.
    I'd like to ask you what is the name of one of the project you managed before, and in which organization?
    Thanks,

• Hi, everyone. My name is Chandra Prakash kushwaha. i am working in BHEL as an executive at Varanasi,India.
    I joined this course to gain insight into project management so i can able to plan and execute project at my work and for community development.
    yes , i want to join a team for learning and understanding project management.

• @pavel said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hello, my name is Pavel and i'm from Iraq. Currently i'm working for a humanitarian organization(Non-profit) as a database officer.
    I'd like to improve my skills and learn how to setup a plan, organizing and running a project through this course.
    I'm so interested to joining a team to learn from them because i know maybe there is someone that has some experience i never experienced before.
    Exactly working in team are more successful and more interested to achieving your project goal(s).
    I don't have any experience with project management but i worked with them, from my perspective i have many skills that i could be a successful project manager.

Hi Pavel. I am C P Kushwaha from India working in a govt. Organisation. I want to run projects to help my community in field of literacy, Health.
    i also feel learning in team is more helpful than learning in silos.

• Hi ,my name is frank nyasulu from zambia .i want start ruining projects of my own in order to gain financial freedom.

• My name is Miti Judith I am joining this course from Nigeria
    I am currently working with the center for communication and social impact CCSI as a consultant on social mobilization
    My goals for the course are

1. to have a good handle on projects management for a better outcome that will be beneficiary to both me and my organization.
    2. As a consultant I have subordinates and lower staffs assigned to me to work with at the LGA level I want to be able to not only manage them effectively but also for the program to be successful in a timely manner.
      I am very much interested in joining a team
      I have alittle experience in project management as a consultant but at beginning stage not as program manager.
  • @yhemisie said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

I am Yemisi Olorundare from Nigeria. I am in intern in my organization. I joined to add more value to myself and my organization.

Hi, I am pleased to see a fellow Nigerian here. How r u?

• Hi My name is Engr Hasham Afridi and I have joining from Peshawar Pakistan. I have working experience of 1 year in field of Construction works. My role of responsibilty is to execute and monitering Project as Civil Engineer. I have also work with plaining Engineer and Project Manager learn a lot from them how to estimate earn value managment system, integration oof project, tools of managment.
    I think best of my considerations as team evaluation and Managment is the key to success of every project. So I want to work with all colleague of this course who join it and it will make more polish my skill.
    Nearly I will implement all these skill in the upcomming project as Project planner to develop our community as better then before without compromise the ability of the future generation.

• Hi, Chris from South Africa. Have been involved in PM at large insurance firm in the past. Starting a new project next year and want to up my skills.

• Hi, my name WIZA MSUKU from Malawi, central Africa
    I am working in telecommunications sector as telecom fraud Analyst
    I would like to get deeper insights into project management from project planning to closure so that i can apply in the many projects i handle
    very interested to join the team
    Yes i have some little experience in project management. mostly Purchasing, installation and configuration of various fraud/information management systems. it was however not chronological but projects were successfully delivered

• @chishimba said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

@suto_masika said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

My name is Joel Masika Suto. I am joining from Nairobi - Kenya.

Currently I am an independent Research and Training Consultant. I specialize in qualitative research and impact evaluations.

In my work as a consultant especially in impact evaluations of social projects, one question that comes up whenever the desired impact is not realized is: What went wrong? I believe I will get the answer by undertaking the Project Management course among other learnings. My main goal of going through the course is to understand the fundamentals of conceptualizing and running a successful project to realize desired objectives.

I will be glad to be a member of a team where we can share experiences and support one another through the course.

I wouldn't say I possess a lot of experience in Project Management. I just have the basics that I have been able to gather as a consultant especially whenever I am involved in assignments related to evaluating projects that have been implemented. One thing that I have learnt over the years is that for any project to succeed all stakeholders must be involved right from the conceptualization stage.

I look forward to learning a lot both from the facilitator as well as my fellow learners from this course.

WELCOME

@CHISHIMBA Pretty interesting question there ("what went wrong") and eagerly waiting to learn how we can go about this... on the other hand and on a layman's view i think the question can be answered early in the project when identifying the "problem statement" or later on in performance monitoring and control . But hey, we here to learn.

C
    1 Reply
  • @glad said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

fraud prevention

@Glad we share " fraud prevention". welcome

• Hi, my name is Antonio. I´m from Quito, Ecuador.
    This moment I´m working in a digital agency and a consultant company, both with social orientation.
    I want to learn a little bit more about projects because it´s necessary for the orientation of my work the next year.
    It gonna be great to be part of a team for the course if is possible...

Best Regards!

• @oralndoalfaro said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hello! My name is Orlando I am joining from Monterrey in Mexico. At the presente I am working in a construction company where I work as Junior estimator. I am looking to learn basic terms about project management because next year I will be auxiliary of project management. I will be interested in joining a team for this course. Unfortunately I don´t have any experience with project management, but I hope soon enough I will be sharing my own expertise.

Hi Orlando! Nice to meet you! My name is Antonio and I live in Quito. I hope we have time to share information and experiences about the topics we will check here. Good luck!

• Hello everyone here. My Name is Moreblessing Mwayitendana joining from Zimbabwe, Southern Africa. Currently a student at the University of Zimbabwe doing an internship at Middleport Enterprises playing the junior accountant role. I aspire to achieve a mastery level in managing public and huge projects which can help the organization Im currently working in managing external projects and be able to compete globally. Im very much interested in joining a team where ideas could be shared and boost my understanding of project management around the globe. I've done a course though at the university ofn Zimbabwe titled project management where we focused on roles of the project manager, organization of the project, planning, scheduling project costing and evaluation. I used to manage some projects within the organization which included tenders from government organizations and parastatals during my stay at Middleport Freight.

• welcome joel.i would like to learn from you how to set up my own consultancy firm

Hello Learners!

Welcome to the Fundamentals of Project Management course discussion board! My name is Mark ( @Mark_G ) and I support @Kamilla to run course operations here at Philanthropy University.

The first step in the course is to post a response to this thread answering the questions below, and to read and respond to the posts of others.

After submitting your post answering these questions, please reply to at least one other learner who has posted before you to welcome them. Feel free to ask questions about their work, goals, and backgrounds.

Happy learning!

3. What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?

4. Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.

5. Do you have any experience with Project Management? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!

1. My name is Jethro Ayodimeji. Joining from Nigeria.
    2. No
    3. My goal is to learn how to manage project and add skill to myself that will help me function well in any organization.
    4. Yes
    5. No
    A
    1 Reply
  • Hi. I am Hindra Sulaksono. Just call me hindra. i am working for unitingworld responsible for south east asian region works. we work with partner. I would like to learn more on project managament issue and wi also learn from others. Thank you.

• Hello! I am Maia and I'm joining from the Philippines. I'm a teacher but am now getting into the world of conservation through some new projects. My goals for this course is to gain new knowledge and skills to make me better prepared in managing projects which I will be handling. I have minimal experience in handling projects and always in a team. Now, I want to learn more so I can take on a leadership role efficiently.

1 Reply
  • Hello everyone! I am Joseph Gabriel Educado and I am joining from Silay City, Negros Occidental, Philippines. I am a young public elementary school teacher and a former Teacher to the Indigenous People (TIP) for the Sibato Bukidnon Tribal Community. Aside from being a public school teacher, I am also a co-founder of the regional chapter of YOUTeacH Philippines - Negros Island - a movement of young teachers committed to helping preserve each other’s ideals and pursue each other’s dreams. Under this organization, my team was able to conceptualize and put into motion our flagship project called, "Mission BridCon (Bridging Connections)" with an aim to bridge connections between and among LGUs, private institutions or agencies and public schools for the sustainable development of students and even (young) teachers to give solutions on the existing issues in the field of education through the provision of learning materials, school supplies, training for teachers, guidance and counselling, sports development, healthcare, and livelihood programs. Thus, teacher’s capacity and ability to educate is nearly relative to a student’s capacity and ability to learn.

Concurrently, being a fellow in the Future Bridging Leaders Program 2 (FBLP 2) of the Asian Institute of Management, I am also undertaking prototyping of my community project called, " Payag Kahirup" (Hiligaynon words for "house" and "unity" respectively). It is a social venture involving the tribal women of the Sibato Bukidnon Tribal Community in collaboration with the IP teachers of Sibato Integrated School which seeks to empower and build the capacities of the tribal women to combat poverty and malnutrition of their children through the project's 5 phases - Education & Awareness, Livelihood Training, Leadership & Management Training, Business Establishment, and Monitoring & Evaluation. This project is now in motion and will be pitched this coming January 2019 to potential funders at AIM.

My goals for this course is to learn the intricacies of project management and to learn how to effectively apply my learning in managing my project prototype in order for it to spark societal change in my target community and to, hopefully, scale it up in the future. I am also very excited with the idea of working with a team in this course for I believe that through collaboration and teamwork, we can creatively hatch innovative approaches to perennial societal issues that continually plague the country.

• @teachermaia said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hello! I am Maia and I'm joining from the Philippines. I'm a teacher but am now getting into the world of conservation through some new projects. My goals for this course is to gain new knowledge and skills to make me better prepared in managing projects which I will be handling. I have minimal experience in handling projects and always in a team. Now, I want to learn more so I can take on a leadership role efficiently.

Hello, Teacher Maia! Nice meeting you! I hope we could collaborate in this course and share information and techniques in project management. Anyway, I'm curious about the conservation projects you are leading. Are these projects leaning toward heritage conservation or environmental conservation?

Let's work for the country! #ParaSaBayan :)

1 Reply

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

Hi my name is Justine Leopold Mushi from Kigoma, Tanzania. Currently am a volunteer on a private organisation as a bookkeeper am happy with this job since am responsible for all accountant activities therefore this is a place where can gain more experience on accounting and finance industry. So far i have a bachelor in taxation, diploma in accounts and certificate in accounts later i plan to undertake CPA's studies (Certified Public Accountant). So this course is fundamental with what i plan to do in future am glad i will learn a lot in this course and am interested to join team for this course.
    I do not have any experience with project management but am only have a basic skills because i have learn the introduction while am in institute. in brief PM is the controlling of activities found in the project so as to ensure the unnecessary events are prevented at early stage. So that the PM is vital in every project because it gives you a clear picture of what is going to happen when the project is complete. In order for a project to be manageable you can divide it into five or four phases which are Initiation, Planning, Execution, Monitoring & Evaluation and Closure of the project. "my english somehow is not good enough but i hope we will reach there"

• Hi everyone, I'm Shen and I'm joining from Jamaica. I'm currently unemployed but studying to become a Logistician. The goals I've set to achieve during this course include but are not limited to: acquiring a better understanding on what project mgmt entails, improve skills I've already garnered in the area as well as to add to my network by building friendships with my fellow colleagues in this course. My field of study requires a lot of team related projects, I have a keen interest in this course as well as joining a team to share input on completion of course assignments. I've more often than not been I'm leadership positions, whether it be for academic or social activities so I've had some experience in managing projects. I'm looking forward to working with and learning from you guys!

1 Reply

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

Florence Afy Alonge from Nigeria
      Yes. Creative Designer
      Love to learn how to start and manage projects effectively
      Yes i am.
      No experience
  • @shen_eddie said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hi everyone, I'm Shen and I'm joining from Jamaica. I'm currently unemployed but studying to become a Logistician. The goals I've set to achieve during this course include but are not limited to: acquiring a better understanding on what project mgmt entails, improve skills I've already garnered in the area as well as to add to my network by building friendships with my fellow colleagues in this course. My field of study requires a lot of team related projects, I have a keen interest in this course as well as joining a team to share input on completion of course assignments. I've more often than not been I'm leadership positions, whether it be for academic or social activities so I've had some experience in managing projects. I'm looking forward to working with and learning from you guys!

Hello Shen. You are welcome!

1 Reply
  • Welcome everyone to Philanthropy University and to the course! It is so great to have you here and to read about your backgrounds and motivations :)

Happy Learning!

• Hi! I am Karla and I currently work for Sony Global Business Services in the Philippines. I am a PRP Accountant handling Sony Pictures NZ. I am very interested to learn about the fundamentals of Project Management and have no previous experience.

• Hello, Nice to meet you.
    My name is Lin Lin Bo. I am joining from Myanmar.
    Now I am finding new job to work in non-governmental organization. I worked as a government servant (assistant director) in LBVD in the former.
    I would like to learn on project management to support for my new job that working in NGO and also to improve my ability in project management.
    I am interesting joining a team in this course.

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

Pulie here from Gaborone, Botswana.
    Im enrolling in this course to add more value to my self and any projects i might have in the future.

• Hello. My name is Areta Putri Lisia, 18 years old and i'm living at Tangerang city, Indonesia. I'm not working for any organization and unemployed. Not yet, uh. I don't have much experience that can improve some organization.. so.. not yet. I hope i can have more knowledge, information and relation from this course to grow up my 'self'. Sorry if i'm so awkawrd, by the way i'm not really can English Language. So.. nice to meet you guys 😆😳
    Now i'm study at Surya University, major Human Computer Interaction (HCI). I thought this course and my major will be have a good team work hehe. I'm so interested to joining a team, but i'm very afraid if i'll make my team depressed because of me. I dont have any experience about Project Management.
    Well, this is my answer. Thanks~ 😆💕

• Hai All,

I'm Dilshad from Sri Lanka , working as a government employee having a supervisory position. while serving as a key position in a local non profit organisation , anyway i would like to sacrifice my time and effort to the world by learning and improving this module. further this would be good opportunity to us to learn and share various practices.

• Hi there,

I am Eire Zimmermann, from Curitiba, Brazil.

I think that taking part in this course will help me refresh the knowledge on project management and probably with rich differente and complementary facets from the instructors and colleagues.

Due to my crazy professional and personal agenda, I would prefer not entering a team at this time.

I worked with project management at first for product developement projects in the telecom market. Later on I moved focus to Public Administration including formulating (writting down) projects for raising funds; implementation of PMO; organizational design; and others.

After some years, I think that one of the main challenges of project management is sort of cultural: facing uncertainty by means of trial/error/learning/prioritization rather than sticking (and getting proud...) of a rigid plan.

Very glad to be here with you all, thanks for this opportunity!

Kind regards,

Eire Zimmermann.

• Hi, my name is Ana from Caracas, Venezuela. I am studying Social Communication and I work as a Graphic Designer and a Community Manager. I am interested in joining the team because I want to be lear more technics and how to be more efficient in projects. I don't have experience with project management but I would like to lear more about to use it in the near future.

G
    1 Reply
  • Hello everyone, My name is Mthokozisi Msipa, joing from ZImbabwe, I wwork with an organisation called Simphiwe Development Trust as a Program Officer, SDT is a start up enterprise that seeks to develop capacities of young people through entreprenuership and ICT skills. I am looking forward to learn more on Projet and Program management from this course and use it as a refresher to what i already know, as well as learn some new insights in the field.

I am a holder of a Post Graduate Diploma in Project Management and an Honours Degree in Monitoring and Evaluation with about 3 years experience.

I hope to connect with like minded people in this forum to develop champion solutions to make our world a better place

• Hi. My Name is Onyinoyi Onota, joining from Nigeria. I currently work for Society for Family Health, Abuja (the home office) in Nigeria as an Assistant Manager on the Global Fund New Funding Model grant for key populations. Working at the home office, I am responsible for overseeing state activities. I currently supervise 3 Key Population state specialists, getting reports from them, providing feedback and conducting routine spot checks in the state to ensure that work is done in line with the program implementation plan. I intend to see the course to finish and obtain a certificate at the end. I will use the knowledge I gain from this course to strengthen the capacity of community organization s on program management that my organization currently work with.
    I will not mind joining a team as it will give us room to have healthy discussions which enhance learning. In my current role, I develop and review budgets, I also analyze expenditure to ensure that burn rates are within the budget ceiling and that expenses are done within what is allocable and realistic. I ensure that those I supervise carry out all activities according to the program implementation plan

A
    1 Reply
  • My name is Abdirahman Hassan Yussuf and I am joining Fundamentals of Project Management from Somalia. I am currently working for youth organization as a technical consultant on program and organizational development and management. My goal for this course is to get additional and added value knowledge and skills on program management to deliver the most desired services to the society where the organization is implementing programes on humanitarian and development aspect. The moment I get the expected knowledge and skills of project managment, I will transfer the same acquired knowledge and skills to the personnel of organization throught capacity building workshop on weekly basis, In Sha Allah. Yes, I am very much interested in joing a team for this particular course provided that the team is highly committed and I can benefit from their knowledge and skills on project managment. I am very little experience on project management. Project Managment has a cycle that if well appliled will ensure proper delivery of planned and desired results and will effect positive and intended impact on the target beneficiaries. This include Assesment/idenficiation phase, formulation/appraisal/planning phase, financing phase, implementation and monitoring phase, evaluation and review phase and project closure/Project Phase out. Throughout the different phases of the project management cycle, it is very vital to ensure active participation of the different stakeholders of the project to ensure prject sustainability and community ownership. Failure to consider the roles of the different stakeholders in each and every phase of the project may cause some delay in project execution or put the project process/intervention/activities at halt while in the implementation phase thus pushing the project timeline beyond the planned time in the time schedule. In my own point of view and from my point of experience, monitoring is the second most important component of project management cycle after planning. This is because it provides genuine information to the top-tier management to make informed decisions that will influence other stakeholders of the project. This include immediate adjustment of project plan, termination of the project team and recruiting new and well-experienced project team to overcome serious failures that may scare the most important stakeholders of the project especillay the donors. Thank you very much

• Greetings..
    My name is Anna Nabunje, joining class from Kampala Uganda. I'm a statistician and want to further equip myself with project management.

• Hello everyone, my names are Kenneth Chanda, I am an ICT support and Research officer at the ministry of health here in Zambia. In my job there are several projects that are both short term and long term. I would like to gain more knowledge through the course materials to be presented and delivered through this programme to enable me enhance the techniques I currently use to implement some of these programmes. I look forward to being a part of this course.

M
    1 Reply
  • I am Lazaro Mahulo from Dar es Salaam Tanzania, interested in get much knowledge on how to develop and manage different developmental projects including agricultural projects
    i like working as a team, with discoveries of new ideas

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

My name is Gratiano Tamba Nyuma from Sierra Leone, West Africa. I am pursuing a career in Monitoring and Evaluation working for Restless Development as M&E Officer. My goal is to acquire skills and knowledge in project management; because knowing about how project operates, will contribute positively in doing better in my role. M&E cannot work with programmes, therefore this learning is key. I am delighted in joining this noble team and hope to learn better ideas moving forward.

A
    1 Reply
  • @anacarballedo said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hi, my name is Ana from Caracas, Venezuela. I am studying Social Communication and I work as a Graphic Designer and a Community Manager. I am interested in joining the team because I want to be lear more technics and how to be more efficient in projects. I don't have experience with project management but I would like to lear more about to use it in the near future.

Hi Ana! Nice to meet you. I am from Sierra Leone, West Africa. I have been longing to know much about graphic design, can you be of help to me? I appreciate if you can. Thanks

• Hello, I am Ashley joining from La Paz, Mexico. I work for a local nonprofit called SmartFish Rescate de Valor AC where I am the Program Manager for Monitoring and Evaluation. I work on various aspects of project design, evaluation, and social and environmental sustainability. My goal for this course is to learn the best practices in project management in order to create a more structured approach for me and my team so we can improve our focus and efficiency in our work.

P
    2 Replies
  • @gratiano said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

@mark_g said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

My name is Gratiano Tamba Nyuma from Sierra Leone, West Africa. I am pursuing a career in Monitoring and Evaluation working for Restless Development as M&E Officer. My goal is to acquire skills and knowledge in project management; because knowing about how project operates, will contribute positively in doing better in my role. M&E cannot work with programmes, therefore this learning is key. I am delighted in joining this noble team and hope to learn better ideas moving forward.

Hello Gratiano, nice to meet you. I have similar learning objectives and it would be interesting to learn how you have been carrying out your projects with your organization
    Cheers, Ashley

G
    1 Reply
  • Hello, I'm Nwakaego and I'm joining from Nigeria. I work in a faith-based organization for youth corp members and I work as the music director and a liaison officer. In this course, I look forward to learning
    how to handle large projects and deliver them in good time and for less cost. I studied quantity surveying and I would like to apply it when I begin to practice in the construction industry after my youth service and I would also like to practice it in the projects my organization would be handling. I would love to work in a team as its an opportunity to learn better.

I have worked with a project manager during my internship. The project was the construction of a housing outlet and it was interesting watching my boss handle people, money and equipment to deliver the project in good time to the client.

• @ashleynee said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

@gratiano said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

@mark_g said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

Hello Gratiano, nice to meet you. I have similar learning objectives and it would be interesting to learn how you have been carrying out your projects with your organization
    Cheers, Ashley

Thanks Ashley. I appreciate you interest in knowing much about M&E. First, I'm managing the implementation of a whole project on M&E; connecting with staff , partners and donor on the effective use of M&E tools for quality delivery and outcome. You will get to know more but here is my email: nyumagratiano@gmail.com.

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

My name is ngabili malumo and i am from Zambia. I recently completed my undergraduate programme and i am not working at the moment. I hope to learb new skills which i can use in enhancing myself as a development practitioner which inturn i can use to become more effective in development programmes in my community. Yes i would like to join a team. I have no experience currently

A
    1 Reply
  • Hi! my name is Michael from Nigeria. i currently work with an international NGO in the education sector in northern Nigeria. I enrolled because i need a background knowledge on project management and see how i can equip myself with knowledge on project management. I also want to use this opportunity to meet new people especially outside my country, people who are also in the development sector. Thanks

J
    1 Reply

Hello Learners!

• My Name is Jerica Kayla Barr and I am from Philippines
    1. Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role? -
      -I am currently in a Logistic company as a Billing Specialist-Consultant, an intern in one creative project (My role there is to research stuffs for incoming projects, communicate with communities and deal with clients), and also, I am a fourth year Sociology student.

2. What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work? - I always wanted to create or build something that will help and inspire many people especially group of less fortunate people. I wanted to learn skills and knowledge I can develop in order to reach this goal.

3. Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course. - Yes, absolutely

4. Do you have any experience with Social Entrepreneurship? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise! -
      No, I don't have yet but looking forward.

E
    1 Reply
  • @erhabor said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hi! my name is Michael from Nigeria. i currently work with an international NGO in the education sector in northern Nigeria. I enrolled because i need a background knowledge on project management and see how i can equip myself with knowledge on project management. I also want to use this opportunity to meet new people especially outside my country, people who are also in the development sector. Thanks

• Welcome Sir, Looking forward to interact with you in this course.
  • My names are Angella Muwanga; residing in Kampala- Uganda; i am a co-founder of Hearts Extended Uganda ( an NGO established in 2014 to promote and protect the rights of disadvantaged children and women in our communities by providing material, psychological and advocacy support in order to further their education, health and livelihoods.); Looking forward to the interaction and value addition in regard to Project management; The skills gained will enable me perform better.

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

Halo everyone, my name is Sospeter Gunga Owuor, I am from Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. Currently I am working as an RM&E Associate with Room to Read Tanzania. I would like to sharpened my skills on project management so I can help my organization deliver quality services to the targeted population and attain our objectives.
    I am very interested to learn from you too members. Personally I have not been a project manager or work in any management post but I have been in M&E position and I have experience this too go along. Thank you very much.

I am Elver Amper from the Philippines.

1. Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role?

I am a teacher in a local university near my town.

1. What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?

I want to learn about project management because as a teacher I am always tasked to oversee and finish tasks assigned to me by my superior.

1. Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.

Yes. I would love to.

1. Do you have any experience with Project Management? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!

No. This is all new to me. I would love to be taught by others.

• Hello, where are you from in the Philippines?

• @jgeducado said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

@teachermaia said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hello! I am Maia and I'm joining from the Philippines. I'm a teacher but am now getting into the world of conservation through some new projects. My goals for this course is to gain new knowledge and skills to make me better prepared in managing projects which I will be handling. I have minimal experience in handling projects and always in a team. Now, I want to learn more so I can take on a leadership role efficiently.

Hello, Teacher Maia! Nice meeting you! I hope we could collaborate in this course and share information and techniques in project management. Anyway, I'm curious about the conservation projects you are leading. Are these projects leaning toward heritage conservation or environmental conservation?

Let's work for the country! #ParaSaBayan :)

Hello Maia and Joseph.

Richard here from the Philippines. I look forward to collaborate with you both in this online course. Happy learning!

• Hello! Everyone.

My name is Richard Ibarra from the Philippines.

I am presently connected at P&A Grant Thornton and part of the Tax Advisory & Compliance Division.

My goals for this online course are to (a) Get insights and a better appreciation of Project Management; (b) expanding networks, and (c) winning new friends.

I look forward to more fruitful and meaningful learning here at Philanthropy University! All the best!

Y
    1 Reply
  • 1, My name is Okewu Isaac from Nigeria
    2, Program officer
    3, Working with Harmony Diabetes Foundation
    4, Love to part of the team

1 Reply
  • Hello, my name is Ines and I am from Puerto Rico. I work for Limpiar Puerto Rico which is an organization dedicated to cleaning the beaches of the island. As a recently created organization we have much to learn and that is why I am here. I am willing to join a team. I have no previous experience in project management.

T
    1 Reply
  • @laughter25 said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

1, My name is Okewu Isaac from Nigeria
    2, Program officer
    3, Working with Harmony Diabetes Foundation
    4, Love to part of the team

Welcome Okewu!

• Cynthia Jasmine Ayittey from Ghana
    No
    To develop myself on project management
    yes am much interested.
    Not yet.

• @richardibarra said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hello! Everyone.

My name is Richard Ibarra from the Philippines.

I am presently connected at P&A Grant Thornton and part of the Tax Advisory & Compliance Division.

My goals for this online course are to (a) Get insights and a better appreciation of Project Management; (b) expanding networks, and (c) winning new friends.

I look forward to more fruitful and meaningful learning here at Philanthropy University! All the best!

Welcome Rich

• Hi everyone.
    My name is Kayode and I am joining from Abuja, Nigeria. I work for an Agricultural Value Chain Development organisation where I have multiple roles in M&E/MIS/IT. I am looking to have more insight in development project management and apply it to my duties and roles in my current organisation, while also looking out to the wider society. So, I hope to learn a lot in this course especially in practical, hand-on, real-life scenarios which I believe the trainers on this course are vast in. I started out as and Computer Science graduate but over the past 5 years, I have delved into development line in the field of agriculture and food security, I have acquired a post graduate degree in Economics and I hope to complete a Masters Degree course in Economics as well.

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

1. My name is Hermenegildo Soares and I'm from Mozambique.
    2. I'm working as Maintenance Scheduler at a Mineral company.
    3. I want to improve my skills in project management and became a project manager in my company. In the future I would like to open my on Project Mangement and consulting company.
    4. yes, I'm.
    5. yes, I do. In my second internship I worked as a jr project engineer, I was responsible for a project of installation of a solar energy system in a fuel station. I managed the budget, human resources, material, travel, meetings until the finish of the project.
  • Hello, I am Sreekumar from Kerala, India, working as a Mechanical Surveyor with a French Company. I do manage some engineering projects here and I hope this course would be an added advantage for me to handle projects and people in a better effective and efficient way.

1. I am Angela Etuonovbe, Joining from Nigeria
    2. Yes. Manager
    3. To gain more insight on Project Management.
    4. Yes.
    5. No
    1. Hi, my name is Jess, and I'm joining from Michigan, USA.
    2. I am a Program Manager for the Grain Research and Innovation (GRAIN) project managed by Michigan State University.
    3. I'm always looking to get new tips on PM, as well as remind myself of best practices.
    4. I may be interested in joining a team, particularly if several of the Afghan staff I work with decide to also enroll.
    5. Yes, I have experience with PM--I worked overseas with a different development/humanitarian organization for the past 7 years, most recently managing a 5-year USDA grant with 80+ staff.
    M
    1 Reply
  • Hello everyone here,
    my name is Rodgers from Uganda , I work with ministry of Gender, labor and social Development as an Administrative Assistant . Am here to learn and acquire skills and knowledge in project management so i can apply them in my organisation. looking forward to learn and share my experience. I thank you for such an opportunity

1 Reply
  • Hello my name is Nkechi Nworie From Lagos Nigeria. I work with a marketing firm
    Taking this course would further enhanced my skills and know the necessary tools needed to effectively manage a project.

1 Reply
  • Hello! I'm Japhet Nathanael and I am from the National Capital Region of the Philippines. I am currently employed as a Digital Artist in Nu Skin Enterprises Philippines, LLC. I want to improve my knowledge and gain skills in management. This is not just to further my career but also to contribute to the NGOs that I am affiliated with.

I am interested in joining a team in this course. I do not have experience in Project Management but I work closely with people who directly work in Project Management. The reason for this is because I am mostly involved in Communications, PR and Data Analysis.

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

Molien Nano is my name and I am participating from Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea. I am a Systems and Business Analyst with Oil Search Limited. I would like to learn more about Project Management, to be able to better apply it in my role. I would be interested in joining a team. And I do have a bit of experience with Project Management, but am a beginner and have realised that there is a skill in ensuring that projects begin, progress and end in a timely fashion. I have, also, found that dealing with Stakeholders has been a major factor with which I still need to gain a handle on.

• @seanken said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hello everyone, my names are Kenneth Chanda, I am an ICT support and Research officer at the ministry of health here in Zambia. In my job there are several projects that are both short term and long term. I would like to gain more knowledge through the course materials to be presented and delivered through this programme to enable me enhance the techniques I currently use to implement some of these programmes. I look forward to being a part of this course.

Hi Kenneth. I also work within IT and work a lot with Projects within my organization. Nice to meet you here. :-)

• Hi! Its me Mousumi from Bangladesh. I am doing work development sector. As I have to work with different project I hope this course will help me to gain new skills and knowledge. Previously I don't have such courses.

• @jlg said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

1. Hi, my name is Jess, and I'm joining from Michigan, USA.
    2. I am a Program Manager for the Grain Research and Innovation (GRAIN) project managed by Michigan State University.
    3. I'm always looking to get new tips on PM, as well as remind myself of best practices.
    4. I may be interested in joining a team, particularly if several of the Afghan staff I work with decide to also enroll.
    5. Yes, I have experience with PM--I worked overseas with a different development/humanitarian organization for the past 7 years, most recently managing a 5-year USDA grant with 80+ staff.

Hi! Good to have you here.

• Hi, my name is Mushivi joining from Lusaka, Zambia. Am a student in my second year of 4 getting a bachelor's degree in business information systems/tech at the University of Lusaka. I would like to thank this community for creating this platform.... And I have a suggestion, as this course begins why don't we create a whatsapp group in order to get more interactive..... All those in favor of this can say 'I am in' and add +260973070687, thanks. A thumbs up 👍 will do as well.

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

Hi ! My name is Amna from Pakistan. And yes I'm interested in this course

• Best wishes to all, i am Hango Emmanuel from Maroua in Cameroon. I have à Master engeenering degree in social sciences for development and i am enrolling in this course so that i can improve my skills.

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

Hello everybody.
    My name is NJOUONKOU Njoya Ahmed from Cameroon.
    I am Human Rights Program Assistant at the Kofi Annan international Association for Human Rights and Peace.
    This course is important to me because it would contribute upgrading and strengthening my skills in projects and program management.
    I used to participate in projects management in the field of fighting against Gender Based violence, human Rights, children rights.

• My name is Queen John Asebe.
    From Nigeria.
    Working with Project PINK BLUE Health & Psychological Trust Centre.
    Am a program Assistant.
    I want to enhance my knowledge on program management to enable me improve my organization
    I will love to join a team.

1 Reply
  • Hey, My name is Ella. Am a burundian physiotherapist. I am the founder and the president of strating organisation working in the field of disability. i would like to know more about projects managements so that i can run well the organisation.

• Hello Everyone, my name is Anthonia from Nigeria. I am joining this program to gain more knowledge in project management. I currently work as a manager where I oversee various valuation exercises . I wish to acquire more knowledge and skills in this course and to be able to use effectively in my day to day handling of projects. I am interested in joining teams and would not mind if I can be connected to those interested also. Thank you.

• @wealthyqueen said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

My name is Queen John Asebe.
    From Nigeria.
    Working with Project PINK BLUE Health & Psychological Trust Centre.
    Am a program Assistant.
    I want to enhance my knowledge on program management to enable me improve my organization
    I will love to join a team.

Hi

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

Hi,my name is Obi. Am joining from Manchester. Presently,am not working in the project management sector.However,i do hope to learn and also contribute positively to the groups discussions and projects when the course kicks off.

Hello Learners!

Happy learning!

I am Tolossa Mersha from Ethiopia .am working for oromia regional health Bureau as Global sanitation fund technical advisor . My goal is to achieve the project goal within the time frame and resource available. And having the ability to manage a.y project .

• @limpiar said in Introduce Yourself in Fundamentals of Project Management! (2019):

Hello, my name is Ines and I am from Puerto Rico. I work for Limpiar Puerto Rico which is an organization dedicated to cleaning the beaches of the island. As a recently created organization we have much to learn and that is why I am here. I am willing to join a team. I have no previous experience in project management.

Hi, my name is Goldey and im joining from twin island Republic of Trinidad and Tobago. I work in Sales and Marketing and i would like to branch off into other things, hence the project management course.

• Hello everyone, I am Tahir Amin from Pakistan. I am working at Rashid Latif Khan Associates Pvt. Ltd., a group of companies in the medical field including medical colleges abd hospitals in Lahore, Pakistan as Manager Information Technology. Looking forward you as course start and establish link and working relations with you with open heart and open mind. Hope to hear a positive response from all of you.
    Welcome all of you in joining you as a team.
    I have almost 2 years of experince of ERP and HMIS implementation.
    I want to start new business project and need to implememt my knowledge, expertise and all material help me to achieve my goal.
    Yours help will be appreciated.

Tahir Amin

• Welcome everyone! It is great to have you here :)

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.