Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Introduce yourself to the community -Pakistan

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Pakistan community of practice! My name is Jason and I’m a community manager here at Philanthropy University.

Please use this topic to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

S
    E
    S
    I
    S
    14 Replies
  • Welcome @manof, @taj-muhammad, @suleman, @waqasaeed, @heraa, and @nooruddin!

Where in Pakistan do you all live? What sort of work do you do?

1 Reply
  • Hello friends! My name is Munir Ahmed I have just just joined the community to learn from the experiences of philanthropists and academia.

1 Reply
  • Thank you, Jason! My name is Palwasha and I live in Quetta, Pakistan. I've volunteered for hospital several years ago. Nowadays, I am involved in work related to education and technology. I aim to empower the people in my area with knowledge that I have gained so far!

S
    2 Replies
  • Hello! I am Suleman and based in Lahore, PAKISTAN. In my past life i was a corporate executive. About a little over a year back i started my Entrepreneurship journey with the mission to create jobs, address social problems and add sustainable value to the benefit of our Global Village. Along the way and in addition to my other ventures, i joined a Nonprofit (Pakistan Cold Chain Development Company) as its Program Director. On one end my role is to reinvigorate the organisation while making sure that we are truly living our vision statement. One of the main purpose of joining this community besides networking is to exchange ideas, capacity building and to gain from the collective wisdom of the global reach. Cheers to all!

1 Reply
  • Hi folks!
    This is Aziz Hassan from ancient city of Multan. Working in Karachi with the Aga Khan Development Network since 2011. Leading Sindh & Punjab regions as Regional Program Officer. I am a humanitarian professional specialized in humanitarian program management and disaster risk reduction. I have joined many international communities to learn and improve my skills in project management and humanitarian response and same is the case with joining the philanthropy university.

1 Reply
  • @jason said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Pakistan community of practice! My name is Jason and I’m a community manager here at Philanthropy University.

Please use this topic to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

Peace Everyone, this is Muhammad Ehtesham From Islamabad, I'm student of Electrical Engineering At Air University, Islamabad, I chose this university to enhance my knowledge.

• @palwashajogezai said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Thank you, Jason! My name is Palwasha and I live in Quetta, Pakistan. I've volunteered for hospital several years ago. Nowadays, I am involved in work related to education and technology. I aim to empower the people in my area with knowledge that I have gained so far!

Hi. Palwasha. It very fine work, your are doing for community in so much backward area in Pakistan. I'd like to ask from that how may people you have involved in this work or mission?

1 Reply
  • @jason said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi everyone,

Aslam o Alaikum to All in this community. My name is Muhammad Sajjad, from Peshawar. Working in FATA University as Office Manager. Before this I was involved with education sector in backward area of KP called Serai Naurang. I'd like to learn from this community to how to use my skills for the betterment of society and needy people.

1 Reply
  • @munir_ahmed said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hello friends! My name is Munir Ahmed I have just just joined the community to learn from the experiences of philanthropists and academia.

Welcome Munir! Great to have you here. Can you share where in Pakistan you live and what work you do?

Also, if you have any resources / websites / files that you think will be valuable to other Pakistani CSOs, I encourage you to share them in the best practices post :)

• @palwashajogezai said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Thank you, Jason! My name is Palwasha and I live in Quetta, Pakistan. I've volunteered for hospital several years ago. Nowadays, I am involved in work related to education and technology. I aim to empower the people in my area with knowledge that I have gained so far!

Wonderful, welcome Palwasha! Great to have you here. What sort of work are you now doing related to education and technology?

Also, if you have any resources / websites / files that you think will be valuable to other Pakistani CSOs, I encourage you to share them in the best practices post :)

• @suleman said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hello! I am Suleman and based in Lahore, PAKISTAN. In my past life i was a corporate executive. About a little over a year back i started my Entrepreneurship journey with the mission to create jobs, address social problems and add sustainable value to the benefit of our Global Village. Along the way and in addition to my other ventures, i joined a Nonprofit (Pakistan Cold Chain Development Company) as its Program Director. On one end my role is to reinvigorate the organisation while making sure that we are truly living our vision statement. One of the main purpose of joining this community besides networking is to exchange ideas, capacity building and to gain from the collective wisdom of the global reach. Cheers to all!

Welcome Suleman! It's always inspiring to hear of former corporate executives transferring over to the non-profit sector. Can you share more about what Pakistan Cold Chain Development Company does? What is its vision statement?

Also, if you have any resources / websites / files that you think will be valuable to other Pakistani CSOs, I encourage you to share them in the best practices post

• @azizalykhan said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi folks!
    This is Aziz Hassan from ancient city of Multan. Working in Karachi with the Aga Khan Development Network since 2011. Leading Sindh & Punjab regions as Regional Program Officer. I am a humanitarian professional specialized in humanitarian program management and disaster risk reduction. I have joined many international communities to learn and improve my skills in project management and humanitarian response and same is the case with joining the philanthropy university.

Welcome Aziz! Great to have other AKF employees here in the community. What led you to do this sort of work?

If you have any resources / websites / files that you think will be valuable to other Pakistani CSOs, I encourage you to share them in the best practices post :)

• @sajjad said in Introduce yourself to the community:

@palwashajogezai said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi. Palwasha. It very fine work, your are doing for community in so much backward area in Pakistan. I'd like to ask from that how may people you have involved in this work or mission?

Great to see you and @PalwashaJogezai connect!

• @sajjad said in Introduce yourself to the community:

@jason said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi everyone,

Aslam o Alaikum to All in this community. My name is Muhammad Sajjad, from Peshawar. Working in FATA University as Office Manager. Before this I was involved with education sector in backward area of KP called Serai Naurang. I'd like to learn from this community to how to use my skills for the betterment of society and needy people.

Wa alaikum assalam Muhammad! Great to have you here and have you focused on such noble causes. Are you currently involved with any local organizations, even as a volunteer?

Q
    1 Reply
  • Hello everyone. I am Hadiqa kayani from Jhelum, Pakistan. I have recently completed my BS(hons) in Chemistry. But the thing is i am more inclined towards business, finance, banking systems. That's why am here so that i can learn what i want to.

• Hi everyone,

I am Naveed Hussain, based in Islamabad. I work in the development sector.

• Hi everyone! Im iqra ali from islamabad.Im doing my bachelors in dentistry.I've joined this university to improve my skills,as i would like to join a non-profit organisation or have my own in future.

• Hi Jason ,

I am Hammad Khan from Karachi
    It’s interesting to join philanthropy community. I would love to connect through this platform and would love to share knowledge and learnings to become better am would love to help eachother through this amazing portal

• @Jason said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi everyone,

Hi Everyone, this Samarah from Karachi. I have done my Bs in PSychology and had experience of teaching to BBA and MBA. currently working for an NGO which caters physically and mentally disabled persons. And this is basically my reason to join this community.

• Welcome everyone to Philanthropy University and the Pakistan Community of Practice!

• Hi everyone, I am Kamal Abdul Jamil from (Chitral) Pakistan, for the last 18 years working in community development sector. presentaly I am workinsg as district program manager in a Sarhad Rural Support Program KP.

• @Jason said in Introduce yourself to the community -Pakistan:

Hi everyone,

Khurram Jamal Shahid, Chief Executive: Mr. Khurram Jamal Shahid is a human right activist and Social Entrepreneur from Neelum Valley, AJK. He holds an MBA (Finance) and an MSc in Sociology, and has seven years of experience in program, financial and organizational management. He has expertise in multiple sectors including education, advocacy, child rights, enterprise development and organizational capacity building. “Sustainable Development Organization (SDO)” is a non-profit organization established in August 16, 2011 with aim to empower vulnerable communities and marginalized voiceless groups. Its’ program areas are education, energy, health, livelihood, nature conservation and rural development and water; in-line with SDGs. SDO has uplifted lives of thousands people through successful implemented projects of education, energy, health, livelihood, women development and child sponsorship. Our strength is the crew of volunteers and network of Community Organization (COs) and LSOs.

Hi everyone,

Hello & Assalam O Alaikam to you all within the Pakistan Community. My name is Amir Yaqub and I am domiciled in the United Kingdom. I volunteer for Westminster Adult Education Service in Exams and also work as coordinator / Consultant for Crown care services limited & Adina Home Care Limited. I join the community with a view tap into learned experience with a view to set up a trust/foundation with a view to assist in uplifting the poverty from the remote and less developed rural areas of the country where government neglect is almost "in contempt" of basic human rights

@sajjad said in Introduce yourself to the community:

@jason said in Introduce yourself to the community:

Hi everyone,

Wa alaikum assalam Muhammad! Great to have you here and have you focused on such noble causes. Are you currently involved with any local organizations, even as a volunteer?

Wa Alaikam Assalam Sajjad, Good to hear from you. Please share your thoughts and social issues faced by the community of FATA and what's the most burning issue to date, that is long overdue to have been dealt with by now.

• I am Kamran from KPK, District Bannu

• Hi! @jason My name is Shahyan Majeed and I am from Bahawalpur.I am studying and Working with Learning Enterprises Organisation Ltd as an young entrepreneur and I choose this community to interact and learn from and with my people in this community.

• Greetings community Pakistan! I am Adnan Hayat from the city of Sufis, Multan. I am a proactive self-starter with 22+ years of diversified and enriched professional experience. My career encompasses 15+ years with the corporate (banking/risk management domain) and 7 + with the human development (social) sectors. I work for a community-based organization with origins from tehsil Samundari, district Faisalabad as Manager Programs & Risk.

I do a lot of freelance work like but not limited to, Proposal / Report Writing | Project Budget (Conception & Management) | Drafting Policy / Program Development | Grant Management | Creating Database and it Management | Compliance Management | Store / Warehouse Management.

My reason to join the group is that it houses members sharing my geographical location and my urge to learn and share my gained knowledge with the masses.

Hi everyone,
    Asslam-o-Alaikum here's sadia from pakistan.... Im a student of Mphil and not a member of any organization but want to work in organization in near future. I have joined this university to improve my skills, further want to be a great planner....

M
    1 Reply
  • ASLAM ALUKUM
    I am Sajawal ali from Lahore, Pakistan. I am student of Masters in political science from punjab university Lahore.
    i have joined philanthropy university to enhance my skills....My email is sajawalali092@gmail.com

What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community

My name is Basharat Ali. I live in Islamabad-Pakistan. I am working in private organization as a Manager Technical. My major role is Project Management, Installation and Configuration, Problem Solving, Risk Management, Team Management. I choose this community for help and other discussion related to my courses. Thaanks!

M
    1 Reply
  • Hi
    my name is waseem riaz. im from punjab, Pakistan. im doing job in a sales and markeeting company ( social enterprise) doing work in rural areas. income base on the sale. i want to learn about human capital how we can earn more how we can struggle hard.

• @basharatali said in Introduce yourself to the community -Pakistan:

@Jason said in Introduce yourself to the community -Pakistan:

What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community

My name is Basharat Ali. I live in Islamabad-Pakistan. I am working in private organization as a Manager Technical. My major role is Project Management, Installation and Configuration, Problem Solving, Risk Management, Team Management. I choose this community for help and other discussion related to my courses. Thaanks!

do you have any benefits from this site?

• @shahzahra215 said in Introduce yourself to the community -Pakistan:

Hi everyone,
    Asslam-o-Alaikum here's sadia from pakistan.... Im a student of Mphil and not a member of any organization but want to work in organization in near future. I have joined this university to improve my skills, further want to be a great planner....

how helpful this site for You??

Welcome @manof, @taj-muhammad, @suleman, @waqasaeed, @heraa, and @nooruddin!

Where in Pakistan do you all live? What sort of work do you do?

I Live in Karachi . I m CEO Co Founder Of a Community Based Organization, Social Business woman, An Intrapreneur & International Correpondent Spokesperson of a NPO, Child Advocate/Activist, Omnipreneur-Social Business Developer Freelancer:Social Commerce Strategist & E-Business Management
    https://www.linkedin.com/…/businesswoman-social-commerce-manager
    https://www.facebook.com/FromTraditionalCommercetoFCommerce
    https://profiles.wordpress.org/sultanbahueducationalcomplex/
    https://www.facebook.com/SultansTheLearningTree/
    www.smartdigitalmarketing.com

• Hello! Im from Lahore, Pakistan, recently appointed as president of the local branch of Human Care Foundation. Our organisation focuses on human services in general.
    Im looking forward to learn alot from this platform, and avail this knowledge to practical use through my organisation. Interested in making a difference altogether.

Hi everyone,

Hello, everyone, I am Zara from Rawalpindi, Pakistan. I am a postgraduate student and I joined this community to learn about digital entrepreneurship, freelancing and project management strategies. I am always thrilled to learn new skills and share it with my peers and community.

Hi everyone,

Hi!
    my name is Notash, and i am a YouTuber with the name"The Tasha Logs", i talk about women rights and gender equality. i am so hyped and eager to learn about fundraising. and i can be a good friend. haha. best luck to everyone

1 Reply
  • Hello and Assalam o Alaikum to All, My name is Muhammad Ramish Javed from Lahore, I am part of Government Organization and also student of LL.B, Punjab University Law college. I join the community with a view tap into learned experience and communicate with those people who have different opinions about the world

Hi everyone,

Hi Urooj Ashfaq there, i am from Karachi. I am student of BBA at BBSUL university.

• @iamnotashbatool said in Introduce yourself to the community -Pakistan:

Hi everyone,

Hi!
    my name is Notash, and i am a YouTuber with the name"The Tasha Logs", i talk about women rights and gender equality. i am so hyped and eager to learn about fundraising. and i can be a good friend. haha. best luck to everyone

Interesting

• Hi All, My name is Bilal Baqai. I am the founder of ILM (www.ilmforall.org), a non-profit dedicated to educate needy children in Pakistan. I am a resident of Maryland, USA. I joined this community because I really wanted to get in touch with you all, the folks who are involved in any philanthropic work related to Pakistan.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.