Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Introduce yourself to the community! -Nepal

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Nepal community of practice! My name is Jason and I’m a community manager here at Philanthropy University.

Please use this topic to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

P
    A
    A
    I
    10 Replies
  • Welcome @shaileshb and @rachelgg! Great to have you both here.

Where in Nepal do you both live? What is your work?

• Hi my name is Ujjwal. I live in Kathmandu. I am working as a General Manager in REED Nepal. I joined the community for getting more learning opportunity.

1 Reply
  • @jason said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Nepal community of practice! My name is Jason and I’m a community manager here at Philanthropy University.

Please use this topic to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

I am Rajendra N. Suwal, I live in Kathmandu and I work at WWF Nepal, a non profit environmental conservation organization. My current role is Partnership Development. I choose this community to share my experience with my country fellows.

1 Reply

What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

Hello everyone!

I am Nilima. I live in Kathmandu. I am working as a Youth Program Manager at Marie Stopes International Nepal. I joined the community to get the updates and to connect with other members.

1 Reply
  • Hello Everyone,
    I am Uttam Dhakal, I live in Kathmandu and worked in NGO called Voice Of Children as a Finance Manager and I am member of Fundraising team. I choose this community to learn more about fundraising.

1 Reply
  • @uamatya said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hi my name is Ujjwal. I live in Kathmandu. I am working as a General Manager in REED Nepal. I joined the community for getting more learning opportunity.

Welcome Ujjwal! Can you share some about what REED Nepal works on?

Also, if you have any resources / websites / files that you think will be valuable to other Nepali CSOs, I encourage you to share them in the best practices post :)

• @rajendra said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

@jason said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hi everyone,

I am Rajendra N. Suwal, I live in Kathmandu and I work at WWF Nepal, a non profit environmental conservation organization. My current role is Partnership Development. I choose this community to share my experience with my country fellows.

Wonderful, welcome Rajendra! WWF is a fantastic organization, and it's great to have you here. How did you get engaged in this work?

Also, if you have any resources / websites / files that you think will be valuable to other Nepali CSOs, I encourage you to share them in the best practices post :)

• @rautnilima said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

@jason said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

Hello everyone!

I am Nilima. I live in Kathmandu. I am working as a Youth Program Manager at Marie Stopes International Nepal. I joined the community to get the updates and to connect with other members.

Welcome Nilima! Great to have you here. Are you able to share more about what you do as a Youth Program Manager at Marie Stopes?

• @vocuttam said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hello Everyone,
    I am Uttam Dhakal, I live in Kathmandu and worked in NGO called Voice Of Children as a Finance Manager and I am member of Fundraising team. I choose this community to learn more about fundraising.

Welcome Uttam! Can you share more about what Voice of Children does? If you are looking to learn more about fundraising, I encourage you to visit the fundraising community as well.

Hi everyone,

Hi everyone!
    I'm Prabesh Ghimire from Kathmandu. I am a recent MPH graduate and looking forward to pursue my career with M&E roles. Previously I've worked in different health projects at two international non-profit organizations. I look forward to connect people from diverse fields and learn from their experiences.

Hi everyone,

Hi everyone,
    I am Aastha Chhetri from Nepal. I live Chabahi and work for a non-profit organization "WWF Nepal" which works for conservation. My role in the organization is to monitor and evaluate different projects contributing to achieve the organization goals. I have chosen this community so that I could share my experiences and also learn from others experiences to widen my horizon of knowledge.

• Hello everyone, this is Jibesh Kumar K.C. from Kathmandu, Nepal. I have been involved in the ADAPT-Nepal organization as Program Officer. ADAPT-Nepal is carrying out Climate change, Agriculture and Hydrology related projects in the last 10 years. I am new to monitoring and evaluation subject and want to learn new skills related to it, so I can apply it in my works.

1 Reply
  • @jibesh said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hello everyone, this is Jibesh Kumar K.C. from Kathmandu, Nepal. I have been involved in the ADAPT-Nepal organization as Program Officer. ADAPT-Nepal is carrying out Climate change, Agriculture and Hydrology related projects in the last 10 years. I am new to monitoring and evaluation subject and want to learn new skills related to it, so I can apply it in my works.

Welcome to the Nepal Community of Practice @Jibesh, it is wonderful to have you here!

@all, could others join me in welcoming @Jibesh?

R
    1 Reply
  • @mark_g said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Nepal:

@jibesh said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hello everyone, this is Jibesh Kumar K.C. from Kathmandu, Nepal. I have been involved in the ADAPT-Nepal organization as Program Officer. ADAPT-Nepal is carrying out Climate change, Agriculture and Hydrology related projects in the last 10 years. I am new to monitoring and evaluation subject and want to learn new skills related to it, so I can apply it in my works.

Welcome to the Nepal Community of Practice @Jibesh, it is wonderful to have you here!

@all, could others join me in welcoming @Jibesh?

Hello all its me Rachit upadhyaya from Biratnagar, I have been involved in Fpan/SIFPO2, recently our project had been phase out. I had been working there as monitoring and evaluation officer. I have join this community so i can share my experience and get some knowledge.

• Hi everyone,
    My name is Amendra and I work at Habitat for Humanity Nepal as a grant writer. I live in Bhaktapur, a city adjacent to Kathmandu. Apart from writing fundraising proposals, I also oversee donor reports to ensure that they are up to standards and meet all the reporting requirements. While I wish to keep learning to get better at proposal writing, one area I really look forward to building my capacity is MEAL.
    I am really thankful to Philanthropy University for creating this platform and getting experts to share their knowledge as well as bringing practitioners together to share their experience in the field of international development!
    I am really excited about this and will be completing as many courses as possible. :-)

Happy learning and sharing to all!
    Amendra (amendrapokharel@gmail.com)

• Namaskar,
    I am Rabina Maharjan from Kathmandu. I am software developer at NCCS. I like to learn new things , so I am expecting positive help from this community.
    Thank you.

• Thank you for posting and for being here @rachit @Amendra @rabina :)

I hope you will use this community to connect with one another and others in this Nepal Community of Practice! Happy (almost) New Year to you all from us at Philanthropy University.

• Namaskar to all, Great to hear from Nepal Cohort. I am Nabin Lamichhane working as a program manager in Mercy Corps Nepal. I am interested in youth and child specific programs. I am sure we will use this platform to share our learning and challenges from development programs in Nepal. Happy New Year!

• Hello everyone,
    I am Mamta Bista from Kathmandu. I am a recent MPH graduate and I have joined this community to get more knowledge and updates as well as know other members.

• Hi Everyone,
    I am Jagdish Thapa from Dang, and working at Banke district in Child rights issues at SAC Nepal as Program Manager. I have keen interest in PME tools, So joined here.
    Hope to have best learning time with all.

• Hi! I am Hempal Shrestha, based in Kathmandu. I work as an independent IT and Knowledge Sharing consultant for development in the region. I liked the approach of Philanthropy University and courses being offered. I feel this would be a great platform for me to develop new skills, knowledge and be part of a community of practice with like-minded champions and institutions.

• Welcome everyone it is great to have you here! Please feel free to post questions, ideas, or other items that you would like to discuss with your peers here in the Nepal community of practice! It would be great to use this space to connect with others trying to make a difference in their communities and work together on the problems you are trying to solve :)

• Hello everyone, Namaste! I am Kiran Neupane from Gorkha working in CARE Nepal. I have joining this communities to learn many things regarding project management and Monitoring and Evaluation. So, if you want to learn my organization information, you can click the follow link: http://www.carenepal.org/
    Thank you!

• Hi everyone! I am ananda Paudel, Currently I am working at VSO as a Head of Program, Inclusive education. I joined this community aiming to learn more on project management, project monitoring and evaluation to shape and reshape my understanding and skills.

1 Reply
  • Namaste,
    I'm Charu Chakra Chataut from Kathmandu. I'm recent MBS graduate and currently unemployed. I choose this community to enhance my level of Knowledge.

• @Jason said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Nepal:

Hi everyone,

Hi, My name is Jagat , I am living in Surkhet,Karnali province located in the western Nepal. I am working in the founder treasurer of BIKASH NEPAL SANSTHA , one of the NGO and also working under BlinkNow foundation. KOPILA VALLEY SCHOOL is established by the BlinkNow Foundation helping local NGO KOPILA VALLEY SEWA SAMAJ. .I am so excited to learn from PHILANTHROPY UNIVERSITY. I choose to join this community to share our ideas and views .

• Hi! everyone out there,
    I am Divya Jyoti Rai, from Kathmandu but mostly reside in Mid West Nepal due to work. I am with Mahila Sahayatra Microfinance (MSMBL), my job is related to monitoring the branches as well, implementing, planning one of the internal project.
    Joined this community to increase my knowledge and learn new techniques and strategies.

• Course Facilitator

@Jason said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Nepal:

Hi everyone,

Hey, Everyone! My Name is Surendra Pariyar from Nepal. I work for the Bahini Edcuare Foundation (www.bahinifoundation.org) based in Pokhara. I am the Executive director of the organization. I joined this community to learn and get acquainted with the shared stories of expertise!

Hi everyone,

Hi everyone! I am Rabina Gurung. I live in Itahari. Exctually i dont have any role but in my near future i want to involve in some non-profit organization and i am still studying (BBA). I join this community to know about fundraising.

• Hi everyone!
    My name is Adhista Chapagain. I have recently graduated as a Computer Engineer and I want to pursue my career with a leading managerial role. I am currently working as a Computer Engineer at NIC ASIA BANK Ltd. Through this platform, I want to groom my understanding of Project Management.

• My name is Biswash Chepang. I live in Kathmandu. I am working at King's College as an assistant professor as well as MBA Coordinator of Nonprofit. I choose this community to develop my new skills and knowledge on a few specific topics such as fundraising and monitoring evaluation.

Hi everyone,

Hello everyone,

I’m Roshan Bhatta, Co-Founder of Canopy Nepal. Canopy Nepal is a social enterprise started in 2015 and we are working in the field of education in Nepal. We have two primary focus, the first one being providing education accessibility to children from underprivileged communities with a focus on girl children and the second one is promoting interactive learning practices in public and community schools. Being a part of this community, I hope to get necessary advices and knowledge to make our work more effective and reach out to much more people in need. Besides, I believe it can serve as a place to collaborate with people and organizations working in similar field as ours.

I’m expecting this group to be fruitful for my personal and professional development.

Cheers,

Roshan

1 Reply
  • Welcome everyone to this community!

I hope you will use it to share ideas, ask questions, and connect with others in Nepal.

Happy Learning!

• Hi everyone, My name is Ojo Oladotun Ernest. I am a graduate of Agric Science. I am here to learn a new skill planning, evaluation and monitoring. I hope to achieve my goal. Thanks

• Hi I am from Baglung District of Nepal. I am CEO of PIlot Prosoft. I am here to share my experience & to learn from others.

• Hello, I am Bhola Pd Koirala from kathmandu and I am working as data management consultant for various organization and currently in a NGO which work in Typhoid fever study in Lalitpur by Patan Hospital with technical collaboration Oxford University, Clinical research Unit, London.

• @anandapaudel said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Nepal:

Hi everyone! I am ananda Paudel, Currently I am working at VSO as a Head of Program, Inclusive education. I joined this community aiming to learn more on project management, project monitoring and evaluation to shape and reshape my understanding and skills.

Same here, are you working in head office or field site ?

• Hy everyone,
    My name is Tilu Rai.I am from Urlabari.I am currently studying BBS(1st year).I want to gain knowledge on every topic;such is my nature.I have joined this community for gaining knowledge,informations,advices from my country's members.Also for knowing how the system works in my country.

• Hello! My name is Aastha Pant. I live in Kathmandu, Nepal. I'm currently unemployed. I've joined this community to develop my skills and learn new things.

Hi everyone,

Hi Everyone, pleasure to join this circle. My name is Sushila Shreesh. I live in Kathmandu. I have just been a recent graduate from Pokhara University and pursued Bachelor's in Public Health. I am seeking to join this community so that I can learn and excel and give what I have imparted throughout the process. I am starting Monitoring and Evaluation training as a starter course. I hope it would be a great help and would look forward to communicate with you all. Thanks!!!

• Hello, its me Anita from Kathmandu. Recently I am not involved in any non profit organisation but have a great will to join the non profit organizations so I am here to develop my skills on monitoring and evaluation. I hope it would be fruitful to join this community. Thank you!!

• Namaste, everyone :)
    I am Yanti from Indonesia and love Nepal so much. Hope sometime I can contribute for Nepal development even in a small part.
    Nice to join with this community.
    Warm Regards,
    Yanti

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.