Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Introduce yourself to the community! -Argentina

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Argentina community of practice! My name is Jason and I’m a community manager here at Philanthropy University.

Please use this topic to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

S
    J
    2 Replies
  • @jason said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Argentina community of practice! My name is Jason and I’m a community manager here at Philanthropy University.

Please use this topic to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

Hi Jason,
    My name is Sergio Raspo, I live in the City of San Guillermo, province of Santa Fe (http://www.comunasanguillermo.com.ar/) follow this link you can quick references.
    Am currently working in the state, am a clerk in a health center. But my background comes from the cooperative and mutuals.
    The reason of why I decide to joined at this community? I think we have a lot at thing to do to improve our quality of life, and by the way, social entrepreneurship can be a perfect tool.
    Recently I explore the Human-centered-design concept offer by Acumen.
    so I excited to be here and hope I can learn, master the concept and then apply it.
    see you.

L
    2 Replies
  • @sergioraspo said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

@jason said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hi everyone,

Hi Jason,
    My name is Sergio Raspo, I live in the City of San Guillermo, province of Santa Fe (http://www.comunasanguillermo.com.ar/) follow this link you can quick references.
    Am currently working in the state, am a clerk in a health center. But my background comes from the cooperative and mutuals.
    The reason of why I decide to joined at this community? I think we have a lot at thing to do to improve our quality of life, and by the way, social entrepreneurship can be a perfect tool.
    so I excited to be here and hope I can learn, master the concept and then apply it.
    see you.

Bienvenidos Sergio! Great to have you here.

So awesome that you've already taken the human-centered design course by Acumen and are now interested in social entrepreneurship. Have you seen social entrepreneurship being taken up in Argentina at all? Are you looking to change careers?

• Hi Everyone,
    I am Luz Amuchastegui, Youth Development Director from El Desafio Foundation, a grassroots organization that tackle the roots of poverty by developing youth and generating a more engaged civil society.

1 Reply
  • @luz said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hi Everyone,
    I am Luz Amuchastegui, Youth Development Director from El Desafio Foundation, a grassroots organization that tackle the roots of poverty by developing youth and generating a more engaged civil society.

¡Bienvenida Luz! My name is Mark and I am a Community Associate here at Philanthropy University.

It is great to hear about your work with El Desafio Foundation and its mission. Can you tell us more about the projects you are working on?

L
    1 Reply
  • @mark_g said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

@luz said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hi Everyone,

¡Bienvenida Luz! My name is Mark and I am a Community Associate here at Philanthropy University.

It is great to hear about your work with El Desafio Foundation and its mission. Can you tell us more about the projects you are working on?

Sure! As for youth development, we have an after school program that uses sports, arts, music and coding to develop life skills for kids aged 7 to 18 living in poverty. We also developed a methodology that is open to other organizations that do similar work so that they speed up their learning process and avoid the mistakes we made when we where starting. As for civil society, we have some public space initiatives, such as mini public libraries (18 around the city) an urban mobility lab that promotes cycling as a way of transport and the Happy Cities Festival that is held annually, where we talk about how can the city stimulates human development, talking about subjects such as women empowerment, sport for development and urbanism.
    As for this year, we are also developing a side project for a local company that wants to establish their own NGO, focusing on women empowerment in a small city next to Rosario (where El Desafio is based).

1 Reply
  • @sergioraspo said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hi everyone,

Hi Jason,
    see you.

Hi Sergio! Great to see that you are also in Santa Fe!! We should definitely talk and find ways to collaborate! From what you mention on improving life quality, our Happy Cities Festival is a great opportunity to discuss about that- check the website ciudadesfelices.com I would love you to be a part of it!

1 Reply

@mark_g said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hi Everyone,

Sure! As for youth development, we have an after school program that uses sports, arts, music and coding to develop life skills for kids aged 7 to 18 living in poverty. We also developed a methodology that is open to other organizations that do similar work so that they speed up their learning process and avoid the mistakes we made when we where starting. As for civil society, we have some public space initiatives, such as mini public libraries (18 around the city) an urban mobility lab that promotes cycling as a way of transport and the Happy Cities Festival that is held annually, where we talk about how can the city stimulates human development, talking about subjects such as women empowerment, sport for development and urbanism.
    As for this year, we are also developing a side project for a local company that wants to establish their own NGO, focusing on women empowerment in a small city next to Rosario (where El Desafio is based).

Thank you for posting Luz!

That sounds like a wonderful program. Do you have a link to the website or other resources you would like to share?

Do you think our courses could be helpful for you in your role as Youth Development Director? Have you taken any yet, or are you enrolled in any now?

It is so wonderful to hear about all of the important projects you are working on.

L
    1 Reply

@sergioraspo said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hi everyone,

Hi Jason,
    see you.

Hi Sergio! Great to see that you are also in Santa Fe!! We should definitely talk and find ways to collaborate! From what you mention on improving life quality, our Happy Cities Festival is a great opportunity to discuss about that- check the website ciudadesfelices.com I would love you to be a part of it!

It is wonderful to see people connecting and collaborating! :)

We'd love to hear more about this project. It sounds very exciting!

• @mark_g said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

@mark_g said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for posting Luz!

That sounds like a wonderful program. Do you have a link to the website or other resources you would like to share?

Do you think our courses could be helpful for you in your role as Youth Development Director? Have you taken any yet, or are you enrolled in any now?

It is so wonderful to hear about all of the important projects you are working on.

The website is www.eldesafio.org this is the first course I enroll in through Philanthropy University, sounds interesting so far!

1 Reply

The website is www.eldesafio.org this is the first course I enroll in through Philanthropy University, sounds interesting so far!

The website looks great! Thank you for sharing. Good luck in the course and with your work! Feel free to tag me with any questions or concerns ( @Mark_G ).

• Hi Everyone !
    My name is Diego Ricardo Fior and I am a research professor at "Universidad de la Marina Mercante" , Buenos Aires city, Argentina.
    I live in San Isidro, Buenos Aires province, Argentina.
    I have joined P. University for learning new concepts, and knowing people from Argentina and all around the world in different organizations and communities.
    Lets Talk ! Regards,
    Diego Ricardo Fior (PhD Candidate)
    www.linkedin.com/in/drfior

1 Reply
  • @drfior said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hi Everyone !
    My name is Diego Ricardo Fior and I am a research professor at "Universidad de la Marina Mercante" , Buenos Aires city, Argentina.
    I live in San Isidro, Buenos Aires province, Argentina.
    I have joined P. University for learning new concepts, and knowing people from Argentina and all around the world in different organizations and communities.
    Lets Talk ! Regards,
    Diego Ricardo Fior (PhD Candidate)
    www.linkedin.com/in/drfior

¡Bienvenido Diego! It is great to have you here. @All perhaps others would like to welcome @DRFior as well?

• @Jason said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Argentina:

Hi everyone,

Hello ! I am Julieta Campos from buenos aires, í work at Karpay - Comunidades de Poder , founded and activista for sdg and advocacy of Agenda 2030 .

I truly believe that we can make a difference acting jointly.

J
    1 Reply
  • @JulietaCampos said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Argentina:

@Jason said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Argentina:

Hi everyone,

Hello ! I am Julieta Campos from buenos aires, í work at Karpay - Comunidades de Poder , founded and activista for sdg and advocacy of Agenda 2030 .

I truly believe that we can make a difference acting jointly.

Yes definetively, í expect we can start doing it one step at a time !!

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.