Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• How can Liberians and Liberia eradicate the massive usages of harmful DRUGS in the Liberian communities and the country at large.

I am Abraham 14 Sheriff,
    100% Liberian

Currently residing at the NIPPY TOWN COMMUNITY,
    Old Road, Sinkor
    Monrovia Liberia

1 Reply
  • @ab-sheriff said in How can Liberians and Liberia eradicate the massive usages of harmful DRUGS in the Liberian communities and the country at large.:

I am Abraham 14 Sheriff,
    100% Liberian

Currently residing at the NIPPY TOWN COMMUNITY,
    Old Road, Sinkor
    Monrovia Liberia

Hello @AB-SHERIFF, thank you for posting!

What are your thoughts on this issue?

• This is a very difficult question to answer. Harmful drugs is a serious problem in the country presently and fighting this issue is a huge task to the government and the Liberian society at large. Harmful Drugs are one of the basic commodity on the Liberian market and every communities in the urban areas are affected now. The security sector of our county is very weak and corruption is the order of the day, immigration officers are corrupt. Therefore, Harmful Drugs are entering in the county from every borders on a daily basis. I think eradicating this problem is not possible now, the only subjection I have is to mitigate it and even trying do so will require a lot of resources. Every communities in the Urban areas are affected by this issue and our young ones are in serious problems, those that are already affected do not have rehabilitation centers and are floating in the street only because the government hands are full with numerous challenges.
    I think NGOs, CBOs, PVBOs, FBOs, etc. need to come to the rescue of the nation as well see the young ones damaging themselves on the daily basis through the use of Harmful Drugs. These institutions need to do public awareness in every communities throughout the country. The Government of Liberia needs to allocate a little amount in the national budget yearly in fighting Harmful Drugs abuse. Corrupt officials need to be brought justice and those that arrest illegal drugs need to be rewarded.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.