Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Weekly Welcome: Nigeria – 15 OCT 2018

Hello all! ( @all )

We have 66 new members joining us this week! Let's continue our weekly tradition of welcoming them here :)

Welcome new members! We hope that you will use this community as a unique place to connect with others from around the country who are doing great work. This is a great place to collaborate and discuss important questions and ideas. Please reply to this thread and tell us:

1: What is the issue you are most passionate about addressing and why?

2: What is the biggest issue you think is facing the country today?

3: Anything else you would like to tell us :)

Returning members: please welcome our new members by replying to their posts and engaging with them in discussions! Let's make sure everyone feels welcome and let's collaborate.

Welcome everyone! So great to have you here!

B
    2 Replies
  • @mark_g said in Weekly Welcome: Nigeria – 15 OCT 2018:

Hello all! ( @all )

We have 66 new members joining us this week! Let's continue our weekly tradition of welcoming them here :)

Welcome new members! We hope that you will use this community as a unique place to connect with others from around the country who are doing great work. This is a great place to collaborate and discuss important questions and ideas. Please reply to this thread and tell us:

Returning members: please welcome our new members by replying to their posts and engaging with them in discussions! Let's make sure everyone feels welcome and let's collaborate.

Welcome to all 66 new members.

• @mark_g said in Weekly Welcome: Nigeria – 15 OCT 2018:

Hello all! ( @all )

I am a creative writer, I have many issue I am kind to address in this country and beyond my country, all over the world today, join me https://contentwriters200.blogspot.com
    One if project I have in hand now is another facing problem in this country, the effect of both parents in workforce. I have the solution and I am busy composing it and one is done, I will take another step resolving this problem, thanks.

• @benison said in Weekly Welcome: Nigeria – 15 OCT 2018:

Thank you very much Benison, my apologies for my tardiness. I'm looking forward to connecting, learning and sharing experiences. I can't wait to start. Thanks for the warm welcome!

• Thank you so much Benison, am excited to be here and hope to make connections and build relationships so as to improve the lives of our people in Nigeria. Once again thanks for the warm welcome

U
    1 Reply
  • @damolire said in Weekly Welcome: Nigeria – 15 OCT 2018:

Thank you so much Benison, am excited to be here and hope to make connections and build relationships so as to improve the lives of our people in Nigeria. Once again thanks for the warm welcome

Thanks alot Benison, am super excited to be here. I know this will be a grooming platform helping one impact their society.so thoughtful of you to welcome us.Thank you so much

• @damolire said in Weekly Welcome: Nigeria – 15 OCT 2018:

Thank you so much Benison, am excited to be here and hope to make connections and build relationships so as to improve the lives of our people in Nigeria. Once again thanks for the warm welcome

Thanks alot Benison, am super excited to be here. I know this will be a grooming platform helping one impact their society.so thoughtful of you to welcome us.Thank you so much

• Welcome all, it's a pleasure to have you all here, you will need to introduce yourselves and read up on previous discussions. Try to make comments as much as possible to keep discussions up. I have learned a lot from others already.
    Welcome again.

• 1: What is the issue you are most passionate about addressing and why?
    I am passionate about progress, finding better ways of droing things to impactthe lives of others and upgrade their standards of living.
    I believe in the inherent power of the individual to make positive impact.

Insecurity!!! Nigeria is now facing numerous Security challenges; insurgency and pipeline bombings resulting to oil spillage has laid waste to habitable land, human, animal and aquatic life. Crude Oil theft is big business where tech solutions are low. In recognition of this threat in all its manifestations, we have a solution that will help our unique security problems.

The problem of insecurity is a multifaceted one. The spate of Terrorist activity combined with pipeline bombings and numerous critical infrastructure site breaches, has forced an increase in both defence budgets and expenditure and denied us the much needed resources for infrastructural development necessary for growing economies like Nigeria. Asides the resources being spent to curb the menace of insecurity, is the underlying issue of changing policy direction, effort and attention to the security problem as to restore security.
    Economic activity cannot thrive in a state of insecurity. Insecurity can bring government activity to a halt. The depth of this statement will be understood when one can separate the basic elements of an economy:
    *Production, which is the root of any business venture, requires Organisation. This being that the activity of pulling together various factors of production (Land, Labour, Capital, Entrepreneurship) will require organised effort, an unstable or a crisis location will render all forms of future projections in planning and budgeting null and void because no one really knows what can/ will happen next in these unstable climates. You will notice that wherever there is a crisis situation, whether it stems from human or natural causes, there is ALWAYS either a slow down or pause in economic activity in direct proportion to the intensity of the crisis. This is evident even when there is a forecast or an advance predication backed by signs and indications of a future crisis situation in a certain location, one will notice that businesses shut down, schools, sometimes even hospitals, Since work is closed, people are sceptical, unfriendly and stay at home with their families preparing to flee at the slightest sign of the disaster, media and government will in turn drop ALL other matters of government to plan and focus on the incoming or expected Insecurity situation. Terrorists know this and prey off it. Insecurity can bring government activity to a halt.
    *Foreign Investors, being the capitalists that they are, WILL NOT invest in crisis areas in fact, with the exception of disaster management companies who do not INVEST but are paid to perform disaster control duites in the affected areas (and usually in wake of the disaster) nobody will engage in any business except the active participants of these disputes and their principals in these places.
    *Local investments suffer as they are targets of terrorist activity in affected areas. Leading to reduced production and the quality of production.
    The onslaught of the boko haram insurgence that has claimed more human lives than even the ISIL group, cast a glaring light at the level of carnage that these extremist groups are capable of. At this point, there is very little business activity going on in affected places.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.