Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Introduce yourself to the community! -Education

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Education community of practice! My name is Jason and I’m a community manager here at Philanthropy University.

Please use this topic to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

D
    T
    P
    7 Replies
  • My name is Kennedy Onyango, I am the founder and director of EDTEC www.edteckenya.webs.com . We are a social-enterprise based in Mbita, Kenya. I am seeking partnerships with such like minded organizations.

C
    2 Replies
  • Welcome @deston, @vongai, @fionamac, @jeffcott, @EkinsuOzkazanc, @kostalasa, @brendand, @javedliaqat, @deplomaci, and @lsobtsky!

What are your personal or professional interests in education?

• Hi, I am Javed, currently working in M&E team of DFID funded education reforms programme in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province. I am seeking to learn new ideas and experience sharing for betterment and greater good of society.

• Hi, My name is Marta Serena. I´m founder and director of DidactyQué Project. We are a social enterprise to make a change in the current educational paradigm.

K
    1 Reply
  • Hello everyone,

I am higher education expert based in Sydney with experience of designing, implementing and evaluating technical and higher education programs in Asia, Africa and Pacific Islands. I have done my social sector leadership program from Philanthropy University in 2016. So I am an alumni of this university. :) Would love to contribute any developing NGO with my expertise.

You can find more information about me on https://www.linkedin.com/in/hardikbv/ or on hardikbv.com

Best regards,

Hardik

1 Reply
  • @martasi said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hi, My name is Marta Serena. I´m founder and director of DidactyQué Project. We are a social enterprise to make a change in the current educational paradigm.

Hello Marta. I am Bonin from Cambodia. I found your project is similar to mine in the next plan. Could you let me know about your project such as goal, operation, funding and social impact of your project. thanks.

M
    1 Reply
  • Hello everyone,

I am Zyralle Kindipan. I have been tenured in educational teaching and management in Cambodia. I'm currently helping a university in Kampong Cham to establish their English Program. Shall you have insights, inputs, suggestions and recommendations for setting up a language program, it'll be much appreciated.

A
    2 Replies
  • I'm Steve Adams from Lagos Nigeria. I just started working in the area of IT for Development. Basically what we try to do is bring FREE basic ICT education to inmates in Nigera's prisons. This way they are empowered to easily integrate back into society with their new skills in graphic design, web design, apps development, etc. I'm the Executive Director/CEO of this new social service initiative

K
    1 Reply
  • @khaysambonin said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

I found your project is similar to mine in the next plan. Could you let me know about your project such as goal, operation, funding and social impact of your project. thanks.

Hi, Bonin! So sorry for delay my response. The goal of my project is to provide continuous training to teachers through a multidisciplinary team through virtual micro-learnings with a human centered design. Now I am in the financing search phase. I have varius alternatives such to offer the same training to human resources teams.

• Course Facilitator

My name is Japhet Aloyce Kalegeya, from Tanzania, I am a cofounder and Executive Director of Christian Education and Development Organization (CEDO). I'm joining in this community to find partners who focused to save children in education, my goal is to see that all girls are attained adequate education for development, economic, health and employment for their future life.

• My name is Dorcas, I am from Nigeria, working with a christian organization or institution, a children teacher, who love to build children especially in there education and make them useful for their community. want to have a community library, I am seeking for partnership with such like minded, organization or individuals who can donate books to equip the library.

• Hello i am ibrahim a master's graduate in Education curriculum, i am working with an NGO base in Nigeria, i am the programme officer.I joined this community to contribute in solving education problems and help in design, planning implementing, developing and evaluating education programme. to enable a maximum quality attainment in education in the world and particularly developing world together with partners from different part of the world. I joined philanthrophy university to improve my capacity and that of my organisation to benefit our society.thanks well wish all

• @zyralle said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hello everyone,

I am Zyralle Kindipan. I have been tenured in educational teaching and management in Cambodia. I'm currently helping a university in Kampong Cham to establish their English Program. Shall you have insights, inputs, suggestions and recommendations for setting up a language program, it'll be much appreciated.

hello zyralle
    i am a curricula i acn help you work it out. Ok in developing any education programme there are some stages to pay attention on to. these stage includes your objectives that contains the philosophy. Even though you want develop language programme, so you need to have it and also the content to talk that need some criteria, the method to input by considering the age and level of the learners, then you have to think of how to organised the content etc

A
    1 Reply
  • @azaman said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

@zyralle said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hello everyone,

hello zyralle
    i am a curricula i acn help you work it out. Ok in developing any education programme there are some stages to pay attention on to. these stage includes your objectives that contains the philosophy. Even though you want develop language programme, so you need to have it and also the content to talk that need some criteria, the method to input by considering the age and level of the learners, then you have to think of how to organised the content etc

but you can contact me in my email : ibrahimazama341@gmail.com for proper work out thanks

• Hi friends,
    i am Ifeanyi Aaron Aguchukwu.
    i reside in Enugu Nigeria.The director of Gileadbth Global Concept.
    We are an Educational and Training Outfit.

• Hi Everyone:

I am Diana Hyman from Portmore Jamaica. I'm currently doing the global social entrepreneurship course on this platform . I am the founder and director of NeurMinds International Limited a non profit organization with focus on education and community development. Anyone cares to join my team iMinds on this platform a course requirement for the program.
    Thanks

• @edteckenya said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Education:

My name is Kennedy Onyango, I am the founder and director of EDTEC www.edteckenya.webs.com . We are a social-enterprise based in Mbita, Kenya. I am seeking partnerships with such like minded organizations.

@jason said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Education:

Welcome @deston, @vongai, @fionamac, @jeffcott, @EkinsuOzkazanc, @kostalasa, @brendand, @javedliaqat, @deplomaci, and @lsobtsky!

What are your personal or professional interests in education?

@javedliaqat said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Education:

Hi, I am Javed, currently working in M&E team of DFID funded education reforms programme in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province. I am seeking to learn new ideas and experience sharing for betterment and greater good of society.

@martasi said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Education:

Hi, My name is Marta Serena. I´m founder and director of DidactyQué Project. We are a social enterprise to make a change in the current educational paradigm.

@hardik said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Education:

Hello everyone,

I am higher education expert based in Sydney with experience of designing, implementing and evaluating technical and higher education programs in Asia, Africa and Pacific Islands. I have done my social sector leadership program from Philanthropy University in 2016. So I am an alumni of this university. :) Would love to contribute any developing NGO with my expertise.

You can find more information about me on https://www.linkedin.com/in/hardikbv/ or on hardikbv.com

Best regards,

Hardik

@khaysambonin said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Education:

@martasi said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hello Marta. I am Bonin from Cambodia. I found your project is similar to mine in the next plan. Could you let me know about your project such as goal, operation, funding and social impact of your project. thanks.

@zyralle said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Education:

Hello everyone,

@stevemine1 said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Education:

I'm Steve Adams from Lagos Nigeria. I just started working in the area of IT for Development. Basically what we try to do is bring FREE basic ICT education to inmates in Nigera's prisons. This way they are empowered to easily integrate back into society with their new skills in graphic design, web design, apps development, etc. I'm the Executive Director/CEO of this new social service initiative

@martasi said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Education:

@khaysambonin said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

I found your project is similar to mine in the next plan. Could you let me know about your project such as goal, operation, funding and social impact of your project. thanks.

Hi, Bonin! So sorry for delay my response. The goal of my project is to provide continuous training to teachers through a multidisciplinary team through virtual micro-learnings with a human centered design. Now I am in the financing search phase. I have varius alternatives such to offer the same training to human resources teams.

@kalegeya said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Education:

My name is Japhet Aloyce Kalegeya, from Tanzania, I am a cofounder and Executive Director of Christian Education and Development Organization (CEDO). I'm joining in this community to find partners who focused to save children in education, my goal is to see that all girls are attained adequate education for development, economic, health and employment for their future life.

@dorcy77 said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Education:

My name is Dorcas, I am from Nigeria, working with a christian organization or institution, a children teacher, who love to build children especially in there education and make them useful for their community. want to have a community library, I am seeking for partnership with such like minded, organization or individuals who can donate books to equip the library.

@azaman said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Education:

Hello i am ibrahim a master's graduate in Education curriculum, i am working with an NGO base in Nigeria, i am the programme officer.I joined this community to contribute in solving education problems and help in design, planning implementing, developing and evaluating education programme. to enable a maximum quality attainment in education in the world and particularly developing world together with partners from different part of the world. I joined philanthrophy university to improve my capacity and that of my organisation to benefit our society.thanks well wish all

Hello everyone,

hello zyralle

@azaman said in Introduce yourself to the community!:

Hello everyone,

hello zyralle

but you can contact me in my email : ibrahimazama341@gmail.com for proper work out thanks

@aaron7000 said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Education:

Hi friends,
    i am Ifeanyi Aaron Aguchukwu.
    i reside in Enugu Nigeria.The director of Gileadbth Global Concept.
    We are an Educational and Training Outfit.

@nminds said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Education:

Hi Everyone:

I am Diana Hyman from Portmore Jamaica. I'm currently doing the global social entrepreneurship course on this platform . I am the founder and director of NeurMinds International Limited a non profit organization with focus on education and community development. Anyone cares to join my team iMinds on this platform a course requirement for the program.
    Thanks

Welcome everyone to this Community! It is so great to hear all of your backgrounds, thoughts, and ideas. It is wonderful to see people connecting as well :)

Now that there are more members, I invite everyone ( @all ) back to connect here and share ideas, ask questions, and discuss topics related to Education!

Thank you for being here!

• Hello,

My name is Norise Greene. I am the Founder & CEO of Greene Apple TREE, Inc. (Teaching Reading in Early Education); an early stage non-profit. We promote literacy development in children birth to age 8 and plan to offer Reggio Emilia inspired, literacy-based School Readiness and Out-of-School Time programs in Clayton County, Georgia. As an early childhood educator, I LOVE working with the little ones. Now, I have to figure out how to run a non-profit --- hence the reason for taking Philanthropy University courses! :-) What a blessing.

1 Reply
  • Hi everyone, I am Saba, Personable and proactive professional offering over 9 years' experience in busy corporate environments.Energetic, Reliable and focused on results.

1 Reply
  • Hi. Im Yvonne and I work with an NGO for women advancement with focus on education(formal and informal education)

1 Reply
  • @greeneapple said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Education:

Hello,

My name is Norise Greene. I am the Founder & CEO of Greene Apple TREE, Inc. (Teaching Reading in Early Education); an early stage non-profit. We promote literacy development in children birth to age 8 and plan to offer Reggio Emilia inspired, literacy-based School Readiness and Out-of-School Time programs in Clayton County, Georgia. As an early childhood educator, I LOVE working with the little ones. Now, I have to figure out how to run a non-profit --- hence the reason for taking Philanthropy University courses! :-) What a blessing.

Hi Norise ( @greenapple ), thank you for introducing yourself!

It is wonderful to hear about your early stage non-profit! It sounds like a really important mission and fantastic project. Maybe others here could share advice about how to run a non-profit coming from a background as an educator?

@All, does anyone have thoughts for Norise?

• @swiftsaba123 said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Education:

Hi everyone, I am Saba, Personable and proactive professional offering over 9 years' experience in busy corporate environments.Energetic, Reliable and focused on results.

Welcome Saba! ( @swiftsaba123 )

Thank you for posting!

What kind of work are you involved with? Do you have an interest in education? We would love to hear more about your background!

• @mmakamba said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Education:

Hi. Im Yvonne and I work with an NGO for women advancement with focus on education(formal and informal education)

Welcome to the community Yvonne! ( @Mmakamba )

It is so great to hear of your work with an NGO! What is your role at the organization? Do you have questions or ideas you would like to discuss with the group that could help you in your work?

Thank you for posting :)

• @stevemine1 said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Education:

I'm Steve Adams from Lagos Nigeria. I just started working in the area of IT for Development. Basically what we try to do is bring FREE basic ICT education to inmates in Nigera's prisons. This way they are empowered to easily integrate back into society with their new skills in graphic design, web design, apps development, etc. I'm the Executive Director/CEO of this new social service initiative

Hi Steve, Wow - this sounds like a very interesting project. I've seen projects working with inmates before, but only in a US context. Impressive!

1 Reply
  • @katie said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Education:

@stevemine1 said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Education:

Hi Steve, Wow - this sounds like a very interesting project. I've seen projects working with inmates before, but only in a US context. Impressive!

Nice idea Mr. Adams, keep moving

• @edteckenya said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Education:

My name is Kennedy Onyango, I am the founder and director of EDTEC www.edteckenya.webs.com . We are a social-enterprise based in Mbita, Kenya. I am seeking partnerships with such like minded organizations.

hi Kennedy. I am also from Kenya. I love what you are doing and I hope we can do something together going forward. be blessed

• Thanks for sharing @CLIFFORD

It is so great to see people interested in education connect here :)

• Hello, My name is Herbert Tushabe from Mbarara, I work with Zion Children's Foundation . We contribute a process of restoring hope and improve the quality Of life of children in need of protection and care by promoting their fundamental rights and freedoms in marginalized communities in Uganda.
    our Major areas are:-
    Children’s rights and child participation,Family counseling, mediation, empowerment and rehabilitation,Local, regional family tracing and reunion,Education and skills development,Pregnancy crisis support and early marriages and Child labor.
    our Website:www.zionkidspalace.com
    Face book: http://bit.ly/2Fm0cD7
    Linked in: zionkids

Thank you very much

• Namaste from me to you all from Peru. I wish to join this community because in January I am going to live in India and I hope that I can make connections and friends so we can co-create a better world together as a team. I am from England and 3 years ago left a long career in the ICT industry where I helped launch various silicon valley networking and security start-ups. I decided after a long period of life-changing circumstances that I had to live a life in the service of others and to that end gave everything away and started on this most interesting of journies. In January I will be on my way to Panchgani to volunteer with Initiatives of Change www.iofc.org I go there via Mumbai and Pune so if you happen to be in near those places please extend a friendly hand of welcome. In Peru I have been helping vulnerable children, working with street children with substance abuse issues and Orphans. I run a community education campaign on environmental and social justice, issues and solutions. I am a passionate advocate for change, starting with the change from within. You can see a little of what I have been doing along with my wife here https://www.facebook.com/munayandki/?modal=admin_todo_tour please contact me at munayandki@gmail.com I have no fixed plans to stay in India forever and am always looking for an opportunity to serve,

• My names are Angella Muwanga; residing in Kampala- Uganda; i am a co-founder of Hearts Extended Uganda ( an NGO established in 2014 to promote and protect the rights of disadvantaged children and women in our communities by providing material, psychological and advocacy support in order to further their education, health and livelihoods.); Looking forward to the interaction and value addition

• My name is Edward, I am from Sierra Leone, working with ACE JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL a children teacher, who love to build children especially in there education and make them useful for their community. want to have a community library, I am seeking for partnership with such like minded, organization or individuals who can donate books to equip the library.

• @Jason said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Education:

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Education community of practice! My name is Jason and I’m a community manager here at Philanthropy University.

Please use this topic to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

Hi there, my name is Byron Gunda from Zimbabwe. I am currently doing my teaching diploma at Bondolfi Teacher's College here in Zimbabwe. I joined this community to learn more about the education system and maybe share with you guys, a few things that I came across during my teaching practice. Nice meeting you all

Hi everyone,

I am Samuel from Rwanda. I am an educationalist with ten years of experience in education sector. I have a Master's of Education degree in Administration Planning and Policy Studies. I currently work on a USAID project on Early Grade Reading in Rwanda. I have expertise in basic education specifically on Early Grade reading, Active pedagogy, ICT in education, Inclusive education and school leadership. I joined this community to expand my knowledge by learning from different members of this community.

• Hi everyone! I'm Alfredo Machoco, I'm serving as a teacher at the Ministry of education in Mozambique. Actually I found that both teachers and students attitude is not helpful for the process. I believe that involving the community in the learning process would help achieve the goals. Thus I need a help to do it, the students are in our hands

Hi everyone,

Greeting great minds, my name Is Peter Felix, I am from Lagos, Nigeria. I am the founder of Peter Felix Foundation, an education and health focus, we assist children in slums get quality education and better way of living.
    I choose to join this community because its in line with the vision of my NGO, and i will love to grow and work with like minded people

• Hi folks!, greeting from the Motherland, Ghana. I'm Theophilus Akuffo, a student at Brigham Young University-Idaho, USA. I work as a program coordinating Consultant and Data Analyst to help to provide solar light and eventually electricity power to some villages in the Northern part of Ghana. I'm excited and highly motivated to study at Philanthropy University. In here, I would be able to acquire the adequate skills to use as the solid basis for my projects and in my fundraising to enables complete our project successfully. Nice for meeting you all.
    Thank you.

• @zyralle said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Education:

Hello everyone,

Hi ZRALLE, thank you very much for your effort to arrange an English program. This part of our major service to our program for kids in Kpantarigo, Ghana and we going attached IT program for these kids.

• @Hardik said in Introduce yourself to the community! -Education:

Hello everyone,

Best regards,

Hardik

I'm happy to meet you. You're an indigene of Philanthropy University. I would like to introduce my program manager to you. We are fundraising to arranger for solar lights for kids, Kpantarigo, a village in the Northen part of Ghana, West Africa. We there therefore acknowledge and would like to welcome your efforts and guidelines in team-work projects. Nice for meeting you. A link to how far we have gone in our projects https://www.canva.com/design/DADJqX3nF50/EdOWxpd42znDIfgVyD4IsA/view?website&fbclid=IwAR1VsSz7JeNFIqGB0cVCoz954D4w3dIHZ7D9tVgExK7NPwLbDhbDtYfuOmE#2:please-consider-changing-their-world:6

• I'm Michael Atchaso. I'm from the Philippines. I'm currently a student in a university here in our place. I'm a campus journo. I am looking forward to knowing what else I can do for the goodness of our community.

• محمد بلمدني، عمري 25 سنة، حاليا، طالب ماجيستر سنة ثانية. من أبرز اهتماماتي الوظيفية، أن أكون أصبح أستاذم
    أو معلم أجيال. لي كثير من المميزات أهمها: خلفية معرفية في تخصصي "الأدب العربي قديمه وحديثه، نقدا وإبداعا. القدرة على التعبير بطلاقة، حسن الإنصات، كذلك القدرة على تبسيط الأفكار. أما في مجال الحاسوبيات، استخدام الأنترنيت، ونظام المايكروسوفت وورد والباور بوينت. كما أحيطكم بالعلم بأني أجيد التحدث باللغة الإنجليزية بنسبة متوسطة.

• Hello, I'm Temilade. I'm from Nigeria and a teacher for now in a secondary school, I joined this community to know more about advocacy in education

• Hello am Ulanda from Malawi. Am the Country Director. Our organization supports Girls' education through scholarships. Seeking to learn more about how we can ehnance girls' education programming.

• Hi everyone,
    My name is Maigari Sani Maigari, a lawyer and a cofounder and Executive Director of Nerve Centre for Community Empowerment Initiative (NCEI); a community based organization situated in Bauchi Nigeria.

• Godfrey Mujuzi form Kampala Uganda. Proprietor of a private not for profit school in a semi rural setting. Committed to providing high quality low cost education to the underprivileged.

• Hi everyone I am Nanjembe Nelson Mbongo, founder of the Nanjembe Group Women Empowerment Network, a one man organisation seeking to empower young girls by training them, coaching, mentoring, tutoring and supporting them. I am the Vice Principal of Kemonde Veteran High school Limbe, Cameroon. I am a lover of education so it's a privilege to be part of the community.

• My name is Hassam Rabbani , I live in Pakistan . I am a student , I join this community to lean some new , and to work for the prosperity of community.

• Hello everyone, my name's Juan Acosta, I'm from Cuba but I live and work in Ecuador. I teach English and Entrepreneurship at a private institution in Machala, Ecuador, its name is UNEIN del Pacifico, I am also the headteacher in the Foreign Languages Department. I am interested in continuing my professional development, not only in the field of EFL teaching but in Education in general. I have a bachelor in Education and a master degree in Higher Education. I am looking forward to starting working for the Ph.D. I am very glad of having found this University and especially this community.

• Hello....I'm Lois Ashmond from Ghana, founder for Ed_Ladies Foundation and I chose this community because I want to learn more

• Hi. I am Dolapo. Am glad to be here.

• Hi my name is Juan Carlos Celedon, I am the Fundación Explorambiente Leader from Santa Marta, Colombia. You can see us at facebook and instagram @explorambiente

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.