Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Module 1: Benefits of Engaging

I think Amina can get several benefits which include

1. She will gain and expand her brand acceptability across many segment of the society.
    2. Eliminate conflicts and erode negative perception of her NGO.
    3. Create more social impacts among her beneficiaries.
    4. Create the understanding and trust needed to encourage government participation and assistance.
    J
    W
    T
    P
    15 Replies
  • 388 Replies
  • Benefits could include:

1. Her brand could be viewed as more "legitimate" if she begins to partner with government agencies which would increase the acceptance of her NGO
    2. Partnering with the government could give her insight into how to formulate effective strategies moving forward that can navigate the political landscape
    J
    K
    2 Replies
  • Benefits could include:

1. Once she partners with the government and they agree on the terms for collaboration, she would be able to expand her reach and improve her brand reputation.
    2. Partnering with the government will allow her to create larger streams of advertisement across the country about her organization and the importance of reproductive health.
    3. New concepts or ideas could emerge about expansion and enhancing awareness, once she partners with the government. Citizens may take her NGO more seriously once she has developed a strategic partnership with the government.
    N
    1 Reply
  • I think Amina can gain several benefits such as;

Brand reputation - working with the government and other stakeholders will help her enhance the brand its reputation thereby giving the brand credibility.

Partnering with the government will allow her build relationships and trust within the government. This will also help her gain insight on the strategies which will serve as a guide in understanding any government policies and procedures.

Partnering with Government will help mitigate against conflicts or any negativity against the brand.

• Enhance Your Brand
    Gain community Acceptance

J
    2 Replies
  • Amina can gain several benefits such as -

It will educate the government on the importance of providing reproductive health care services, education, and contraceptives to the girls and women in the local community.
    If the message is communicated through the government, it will have a greater impact on people which will improve Amina's brand image and identity.
    Government's support will provide assistance to Amina in purchasing collateral and other marketing items to promote reproductive health services.

1 Reply
  • In my perspective, to address the widespread teenagers pregnancies and uncontrolled risky sexual behavior the Government of Philippines (GoP) could play very significant role. Amina's mentioned one benefit of engaging the GoP but engaging the government at different levels will benefit to make the issue a national agenda and mobilize all resources and government machineries. In addition, the GoP best positioned to lead and coordinate by articulating a shared vision, to bring all actors working in reproductive health areas on board, harmonize approach and ensure that all regions in Philippines get the reproductive health services.

• Engaging the government will help Amina and her NGO to;

• To be at centre of advocating for the resources allocation to the reproductive health services.
    • Enhance sustainability of her program as the government may integrate her activities and approaches in its plan.
    • Facilitate community acceptance and adoption to the improved reproductive health services and behaviors.
    • It improves the program efficiency through evidence based program design and proper targeting since the government might already have done mapping and or have a clear picture of the problems and its dispersion.
  • Reach a wider audience
    Assistance wit costs and fundraising initiatives e.g. on a larger scale
    Gain mutual confidence in NGO - from population and government
    Explore alternate perspectives - those Amina has and those shared/understood by government or learned from historic public engagement

J
    1 Reply
  • The NGO will get more recognition which will prevent them from peoples' bad reaction. There will be other donors who will be willing to support the visions of Amina's NGO. Amina might also enjoy other benefits such; free land, International support, etc which will widen the scope of her vision.

• I think Amina can gain more benefit by gaining more access to information and data on the subject matter through the government health information database.
    And as well Amina will gain acceptability which will help in overcoming all myths, superstition regarding the subject matter

1. I think by engaging with the government, Amina will gain vital feedback and information's that needs to be addressed in the community,
    2. I think Amina will better overall awareness and social acceptance that can really drive down the number of unplanned pregnancies and maternal deaths across the Philippians.
    3. I think by engaging with the government, Amina will also build her relationship and trust with the community and the leaders.
  • I think that Amina can build a relationship of trust with the government and gain political support, so that her project can be implemented without any hindrance. She can also lobby with the government about the need of expanding the project to other areas which may also be critic.

• Amina can gain several benefits such as:
    One of the immediate benefits is establishing credibility and gaining buy-in from the stakeholder community such as government, and in turn the community in which Amina works.
    Another key benefit of engaging stakeholders is the ability to anticipate controversies and opposing views that could potentially derail a report’s relevance.
    Engaging stakeholders from the beginning increases the likelihood that they truly understand the process and feel that their insights are incorporated into the design and conduct of the review.

• Benefits of engaging are many especially when you want success

• Yes i agree with this statement

• Amina can also benefit from the engagement with the government, in that once people realize it is government backed, then they will feel more protected to attend the sessions, more so, if the Church could also be engaged to successively come on board, then members will feel free to attend the sessions without being "judged" by the church and the entire community at large

1 Reply
  • I think Amina can gain several benefits such as:

1. The government can draft laws and policies that favour Reproductive health education and couse reproductive health to be incorporated into the school curriculum at the primary, secondary and high school levels
    2. The government can even fund some of her activities
    3. The Council can send staff on secondment to work for her NGO
  • I agree with you, Nancosimate. Many Christians may individually see the advantages in the NGO work, but still fear to get involved because the "CHURCH" will judge them as backslider. In the same way, once people know that the government has given their buy-in- to the NGO's activates, the will freely participate in its activities ,

• i Think Amina can gain benefit like partnership with the local health facilities, health workers, training the health workers and in turn sensitizing the women in the locality

• I think building a relationship with the government system is very critical. Their buy-in to the purpose is important. Once the govt is convinced of your vision/cause/ objectives, they will willingly support the org towards the purpose.
    Benefits- win the trust of the government which will help in exploring partnerships in more areas of service.
    Support at all levels comes easily. Many govt schemes can be availed for the beneficiaries.

• The additional benefits are
    1- She will have better buy in by the public if it comes from the government
    2- She will be able to access to educational modules to get to the root of the problem.
    3-They will have a bigger voice in government
    4- she will better understand where the difficulty is with the government if she directly engages with them.
    5-She might find a champion within the government.

• By successfully engaging with the government Amina's NGO could access important sources of funding to further develop its project and broaden its scope.

• I think Amina can gain several benefits, such as:

• increased awareness about the challenges of her beneficiaries and organisation
    • greater access to resources to scale the program for a larger impact
    • the ability to be able to influence and guide decision makers such as governments
    • being able to educate others
    • being able to support the government and health care workers to connect with people and help them solve other problems
  • I think Amina can gain several benefits, such as...

1. Gain a larger platform with government involvement.
    2. Access to more funds with government involvement.
    3. Strengthens the legitimacy, with government involvement.
  • I Think Amina will make engagement with government more successful if she study and understand the culture and regulation of the government first, so they can adapt such knowledge to her engagement plan.

When she understands , she can provide product or service or may provide activities with make impactful approach and serve the government needs and will gain visibility and trust and after that she will make engagement with government easily.

• Building trust helps the government see her as a stakeholder as well. She may be consulted on policy and legislation - thereby creating a larger impact.

By gaining the support of the Govt, other organisations may look on the NGO favourably and be more willing to support its goals.

• I think Amina could gain the trust of the people because of her engagement and see her organization as a legit one.
    Also it could help her be more innovative as the stakeholders are going to chip in bits to help her NGO
    Again her impacts are going to be bigger and reach more people.

• I think if Amina engages with the stakeholders she can leverage outputs and sustainability of the project or intervention she is doing in the province

• I think Amina can get several benefits by engaging with the government such as building trust with the authorities will provide Amina's organization extra credibility in the eyes of her funders. If she could also develop new projects in collaboration with the authorities such as joint project with Ministry of Education at the high schools for awareness raising campaign or compulsory course for health at high schools. This will also enable her organization become more reputable in the eyes of the society and protect her from negative perception such as Catholic Church.
    In addition to build trust with government authorities and Catholic Church at large, she can align with other NGOs which are working on women empowerment which are directly working with municipality or mayor. In one of their meetings, she can attend as a guest speaker and tell her organization's core purpose and activities directly with the women who are willing to do their own jobs. This would be a gate for her to reach broader community and directly sharing her organization's benign purpose and activities. This would give a leverage to her organization in the eyes of local authorities and opportunity engage directly with the municipality workers.

It is important to having a sustainable engagement plan for the project. In order to have an effective and sustainable engagement method with the families who are reluctant to send their daughters to clinics, first Amina should visit the families directly and ask for 5 minutes to explain her project and answer the questions of the families. This sounds well however not an easy task since very likely that Amina will face resistance from families to accept her into their houses. Therefore, it is better to organize a charity type of event at the center of the town by serving free course of food or drinks. This mostly attracts attention of the people and gives her a leverage to engage directly her main purpose with the people. During the event, the women or family members who have already visited the clinics must be invited to act as advocates for the families by sharing their experiences. People are more open to listen to the real examples rather than the projects or plans. Then, she can pay visits to those families who have acquainted with her image and project before. She could directly ask the families to send their daughters on a specific date to visit the clinics. She should also open the floor to their parents especially the mothers if they want to accompany their daughters on the visit.

• Amina can get an advantage of having government as a stakeholder as they will help her in funding the clinics, employ health care workers, provide free medical, can maintain sex education in schools, can provide sanitary napkins for women ,prevent teenage pregnancy

• BENEFITS:

1. She can increase the importance of sexual health in every corner of her place.
    2. She can also collaborate with several organisations to bring awareness.
    3. She can able to impact the society by providing better health.

1. he NGO will have more impact in the target areas it works in
    2. she will be able to share certain risks which may be unforeseen as she does her work
    3. she may also be able to improve the brand of her NGO, if the government starts appreciating what she does
    4. engaging the government may also be important in securing or accessing certain resources, through what is called leverage
    5. also, Amina will be competitive and innovative as she engages in her various sexual reproductive health provision activities
    6. additionally, engaging government will also enable Amina to identify other areas that are lacking and need attention
    7. she will be able to gain valuable feedback about how well her initiative is helping the masses in Palawan
  • retrogressive cultures and norms are very project hindering if they are actually not addressed before a project is started...

• in fact, government makes various policies about various issues. so she would be able to influence what is made into law and so on

• acceptance of an initiative by the public is very key in project success, specially if they have so much power and interest

• when does stakeholder engagement become a problem in a project?

• is a strategy such as preventive is working for an organization, is there a need to move to the integrative stage?

• especially that she has a bottle-neck (Catholics) to deal with

• ate the end, any project can end, extend, expand or restructure, and stakeholder engagement is key in this end-of-project transition.

• what are the disadvantages of the integrative phase in stakeholder engagement?

• By engaging the government as a stakeholder Amina will get further Support from the government and its agencies and this will help in overcoming challenges.

Early and sustained government involvement in the project can provide cost savings, time savings, and broader outreach to all stakeholders. government engagement allows for better, more durable achievement of project goals and more effective use assets.

• Superior Government relations could lead to resource sharing which in turn could help Amina to address allied issues such as mental health issues associated with her primary focus. Besides, she can get access to other locations beyond Palawan. This would help to achieve her target purposefully.

• I think Amina able to reach more girls through the hands of stakeholders,
    Amina works will be sustainable
    Amina well reduce cost of implementation since she gets support from stakeholders

1. Amina will gain brand visibility
    2. The Community will trust her
    3. She will get more feedback which will make her improve on her weaknesses
  • I think Amina work can be scalable by engaging the government stakeholders and her work can be reached those who in need in different location since their presence is vast than her capacity. In addition, she can also use their resources and tools to reach more target groups so that her efficiency increased.

• Amina stands to gain partnership which is key to the program sustainability.
    To build trust and cordial partnership, both organizations have to work together in synergy not as competitors but as allies with common interest.

• I think Amina can get several benefits such as:

• Get full support from the government
    • Integrate her services to the existing ones in the health system
    • Gain insights from the government's perspective
    • Ensure sustainability
      *Build relationship and trust with the government and the community
    • Identify unforeseen risks and device mitigation strategies
    • Connect with other organizations with similar objectives that work with the government
    V
    1 Reply
  • I think Amina can gain several additional benefits, such as:

1. Gaining a better understanding of governmental policies, strategy and future plans toward reproductive health
    2. Building name recognition (for herself as well as for her NGO) will help her open doors and extend her reach
    3. She will become more aware of reasons for parties not to engage which she might be able to use to sharpen her own approach and strategy
  • I think Amina can gain several benefits, such as establishing support network/ get some funding/ make her NGO visible

• I think that if Amina didn't engage the government from the beginning of her project, they can work against her, and she can face many of struggle. So it is better for every one want to start any activities related to community to engage relevant line ministries from the beginning step by step.

• I think Amina can gain a lot such as possessing deeper roots in/with the government, thereby increasing her productivity. Hence her brand gains more traction across various works because several other brands would have benefited from hers.

She would also be challenged to explore more. This will make her engage more creatively and innovatively!we

• Amina will benefit most of the teenage girls on sex education and minimas teenage pregnancy among them also provide health care workers

W
    1 Reply
  • I think Amina can get several benefits which include
    1: government support for its visibility
    2: to obtain funds from many partners
    3: Carry out actions in several departments and thus increase the beneficiary rate

• Build trust and eliminate bad perceptions about her brand
    • Get more referrals and recommendations from these stakeholders
    • Improve her overall organizational performance

W
    2 Replies
  • I think Amina able to reach more girls through the hands of stakeholders also her work will be sustainable

• She could gain trust with the government and other stakeholders

• Amina can get a number of benefits like:

1. Getting some funds from the government
    2. Training of more government health workers to help her in meeting her goal and also reach remote areas
  • I think it's a good idea for partnering with the government because it stands in for alot like laws and security

• Engagement with the government will also help Amina to reach quite a good number of girls

• Amina will also get more stakeholders in engaging with the government. This will speed up the rate of achieving her goal

• Create more social impacts among her beneficiaries.
    Create the understanding and trust needed to encourage government participation and assistance.

• I think Amina can gain a lot such as possessing deeper roots in/with the government, thereby increasing her productivity. Hence her brand gains more traction across various works because several other brands would have benefited from hers.

• Amina will benefit in a number of ways:

1. Trust. beneficiaries and the authorities will gain more trust of her project
    2. Brand acceptance. Different individuals and groups will be warmer towards her project and embrace it
    3. Feedback. She will be able to receive feedback from the different stakeholders on areas which will enable her to improve or make necessary changes to the benefit of the projejct
Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.