Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Empowering Mozambican women out of poverty through sewing

![alt text](IMG_2418.JPG image url)
    In 2015 my heart was tugged to help widows in my community of Beira, Mozambique, but I didn't really know how. I wanted something sustainable, something that would offer a long-term solution to their chronic poverty and suffering. I started up a sewing school and enrolled seven ladies, and then I learned about the free classes offered by the Philanthropy University. I took several courses on things like social entrepreneurship and project scaling, and it was a major turning point for the school. The lectures, readings, assignments, and learning communities all helped me grow the project far beyond what I would have been capable of previously. To date we have trained about 50 women and sold thousands of their products, and seeing the tangible difference in their lives is phenomenal! I owe a lot of our success to what I learned from PU, and I definitely recommend their courses to other world-changers! They just revamped their site, and I'm looking forward to learning more about project management and fundraising in some of their new courses.

Right now they are offering a grant to some of their students, and if we were to qualify I would use the funds to import more high-quality sewing machines, both for the school and for the graduates to be able to start their own businesses.

#5000stronger

[Facebook link](<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fcarlareinagel%2Fposts%2F10100287402251593&width=500" width="500" height="740" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media"></iframe>)

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.