Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Staff

Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !

Hello Learners,

Welcome to the course discussion board!

The first step in the course is to post a response to this thread answering the questions below, and to read and respond to the posts of others.

After submitting your post answering these questions, please reply to at least one other learner who has posted before you to welcome them. Feel free to ask questions about their work, goals, and backgrounds.

Happy learning! :D

1. What is your name? Where are you joining from?

2. Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role?

3. What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?

4. Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.

1. Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!
    J
    D
    K
    G
    T
    18 Replies
  • 134 Replies
  • John Kelvin Hove is my name. I come from Zimbabwe. At the moment am studying Development Studies (BA). My goals for this course to understand how to deal and conect with donors, how to source funds from donors and being able to account to donor funding. I am interested in joining a team. Latsly I don't have any expertise related to this course.

J
    A
    3 Replies
  • Hello,

My name is Hassan Swedi

• Hello

My name is Hassan Swedi
    Working with ASAS Dairies in Tanzania as Business Development Manager
    I have worked in the projects for over 10 years and would like to know more about the fundraising part of projects management

K
    1 Reply
  • ABUBAKARI ISSAHAKU is my name from Ghana. We have an organization known as SoDa ( Sons and Daughters of Mamprugu Moagduri Association and am the executive secretary to the organization
    I am joining this program to learn how to raise funds for our projects

• Hi! My name is Misty and I am joining from Torrance, CA USA.

I am a development associate for the non profit Pediatric Therapy Network. I plan on strengthening and expanding my knowledge in fundraising, to hopefully apply it to my daily work with donors! I would love to join and connect with a team for this course. I have been working in fundraising for 2 years now, and hope this will encourage me to be more confident in my roll on my development fundraising team.

D
    1 Reply
  • My name is Zandile Mncube, Im joining this course because Im passionate about fundraising and Im a fundraiser at work.
    Yes I work for an organisation as its Communications and Fundraising Officer
    My goal is to bring in as much money for the organisation and raise awareness about the work we do in the organisation. I plan to practise what I learn
    Yes Im willing to join a team
    No I dont

• @Course_Operations said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

Hello Learners,

The first step in the course is to post a response to this thread answering the questions below, and to read and respond to the posts of others.

After submitting your post answering these questions, please reply to at least one other learner who has posted before you to welcome them. Feel free to ask questions about their work, goals, and backgrounds.

3. What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?

4. Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.

1. Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!
  • My Name is Damion Thomas. I am from Jamaica and I am happy to be doing this course with you all to learn about fundraising and connecting with Donors.

I
    G
    2 Replies
  • Greetings

I am Hope. I am not working for an NGO at the moment but i am interested in Philanthropy and need knowledge on how to effectively fund raise. I am currently a Projects Manager on a voluntary basis for a local upcoming NGO.

Thank you.

I
    1 Reply
  • I am Gift Chanakira from Zimbabwe, I am a minister of religion with the Methodist Church in Zimbabwe. I also want to broaden my academic hirozon as well as improving my leadership qualities

I
    1 Reply
  • I am Robert Yotieno Nyanjwa, a Kenyan aged 41 interested in community empowerment. I am director Ismael Abraham Center of Inclusive Learning And Development. Our interest being uplifting subsistence young farmers productivity and profitability. This venture was started after the Kenyan disputed elections resulting in youth engagement o violence.
    Would be happy to learn much on fund mobilization and effective project implementation. Happy to be in this family, welcome all.

• @1981-02 said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

I am Gift Chanakira from Zimbabwe, I am a minister of religion with the Methodist Church in Zimbabwe. I also want to broaden my academic hirozon as well as improving my leadership qualities

Hope the lord grants you that you requests, welcome

• @hopef said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

Greetings

I am Hope. I am not working for an NGO at the moment but i am interested in Philanthropy and need knowledge on how to effectively fund raise. I am currently a Projects Manager on a voluntary basis for a local upcoming NGO.

Thank you.

Which country hope? Welcome.

• @Damie said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

My Name is Damion Thomas. I am from Jamaica and I am happy to be doing this course with you all to learn about fundraising and connecting with Donors.

I like Jamaica, thanks ad welcome.

• @Course_Operations said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

Hello Learners,

My name is Kiiza Walter, Am joining from Uganda.
      I have a newly registered CBO and am the National Program Coordinator.
      My goal is to get funding for my organization and apply this knowledge to other groups.
    1. Are you interested in joining a team for this course? Yes
      We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.
      No. Not at all.
  • MA Munavar Hassan is my name. I come from Tamil Nadu,India. At still am B.com Graduate. My goals for this course to understand how to deal and conect with donors, how to source funds from donors and being able to account to donor funding. I am interested in joining a team. Latsly I don't have any expertise related to this course.

• Hello i am Rodney Tawanda Chirwa and am from Zimbabwean ,i am interested in teamwork and.looking forward to learning .we have an IT company called Global Network point

M
    1 Reply
  • Silvance Herodiana Umalan is my name, am from Indonesia.

1 Reply
  • Hi everyone! My name is Gizelle Riley. I am joining you from the island of Jamaica. I am the Development and Communications Manager of the Branson Centre of Entrepreneurship - Caribbean. I am here to increase my knowledge and capacity for fundraising overall as connecting with donors is an intrinsic focal point of my role.

As much as I would love to join a team, my schedule at this time would not likely be conducive — juggling a lot of balls since I will be going on maternity leave at the end of this course!

As my background is in commutations, most of my engagement is stewardship. But that is why I am here — to learn how to create a strategy for meaningful connection!

• Nice to see another Jamaican in here! Welcome! Do you work for a non-profit?

@Damie said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

My Name is Damion Thomas. I am from Jamaica and I am happy to be doing this course with you all to learn about fundraising and connecting with Donors.

• @MistyS said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

Hi! My name is Misty and I am joining from Torrance, CA USA.

I am a development associate for the non profit Pediatric Therapy Network. I plan on strengthening and expanding my knowledge in fundraising, to hopefully apply it to my daily work with donors! I would love to join and connect with a team for this course. I have been working in fundraising for 2 years now, and hope this will encourage me to be more confident in my roll on my development fundraising team.

My name is ALi Abubakar, from Nigeria

M
    1 Reply

Hello Learners,

Hello everyone. My name is Tony F. Akoni and I live in Yaoundé Cameroon. I am head of department for Natural sciences/biology and I plan to start an NGO that aims at alleviating wastewater management issues in my community. I believe skills acquired at Philanthropy University would be ideal for my vision. Thank you all.

• My name is Uwom Nnadozie, I am from Nigeria. My goal in learning this course is to understand the nitty gritty of fundraising and how to connect with potential donors. I am interested in joining a team. I don't have any expertise in the field.

• @IbikAdes said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

Hello! I am Adesola Ibikunle (Shola for short), I am from Ibadan, Nigeria.
    I am presently training at the Nigerian Baptist Theology Seminary in Ogbomoso, Nigeria. Not presently working with any organisation.
    My goal is to have the knowledge of raising funds with responsibility, openness and accountability. I plan to employ the knowledge in my charity and social works.
    Yes, I'd love to join a team.
    No, I have no experience yet.

Welcome Shola

Hello Learners,

my name is Jane Ogoliegbune
      yes, financial advisor.
    1. What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?

it would help expand my mind ,in my field.

1. Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.
      yes i am, i work better as a team.

2. Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!
      No i do not have any.

J
    1 Reply
  • @Janeyberry said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

@Course_Operations said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

Hello Learners,

my name is Jane Ogoliegbune
      yes, financial advisor.
    1. What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?

it would help expand my mind ,in my field.

1. Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.
      yes i am, i work better as a team.
    code_text

> > 5. Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!
    > No i do not have any.
  • I am Jane, a financial advisor, i love to work as a team and i dont have any previous experience in this field

1 Reply
  • Seasonal greetings am Manyor E. Mfortow from Cameroon a current volunteer at Reach out Cameroon and Noela Lyonga Foundation am here to better my understanding and knowledge on fund raising and if possible make relations with potential donors.

T
    1 Reply
  • @tawaz25 said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

Hello i am Rodney Tawanda Chirwa and am from Zimbabwean ,i am interested in teamwork and.looking forward to learning .we have an IT company called Global Network point

Welcome Rodney

1 Reply
  • @Alibabu said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

@MistyS said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

Hi! My name is Misty and I am joining from Torrance, CA USA.

My name is ALi Abubakar, from Nigeria

Welcome Abubakar

• I am Amb. Eze Nnedinso Patience (Amb. Lady P for short). Joining from Abuja -Federal Capital Territory , Nigeria. I consider being here a privilege. Looking forward to a rewarding learning journey with you all. I will like to join and connect with a Team for this course. Thanks and God bless you all.

• @Janeyberry said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

I am Jane, a financial advisor, i love to work as a team and i dont have any previous experience in this field

Hi Jane, I’m Amb. Eze Nnedinso Patience from Nigeria. Welcome to this course

• @Manyor_2019 said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

@tawaz25 said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

Hello i am Rodney Tawanda Chirwa and am from Zimbabwean ,i am interested in teamwork and.looking forward to learning .we have an IT company called Global Network point

Welcome Rodney

You are welcome @Rodney.

• Hell all, Great to be here!
    How are you doing?
    My Name is Bisola Olufolajimi-Idowu. I am from Lagos, Nigeria.
    I work as the chief operations Officer for Great Expectations Private School(an all inclusive Educational school in Magodo, Lagos) Our school is a social enterprise that accept, educate and empowers persons living with various forms of disabilities. Our objective as an inclusive school is to ensure every member of our school community become independent, are generally accepting of others in the global community and are able to give back to their communities in return.
    My Goal for joining this course is to learn and be more acquitted to how donor's mindsets works, how to bridge the barriers and how to access funding and stay connected or turn donors to partners.
    Yes, of course. I will love to be a partner in this course.

B
    1 Reply

Hello Learners,

Hi my name is Nora Godwin.
    Am taking this course for the first time.
    I wish to join a team of experts for a better understanding and implementation of fund raising.

• @BisolaBabatunde-Idowu said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

Hell all, Great to be here!
    How are you doing?
    I work as the chief operations Officer for Great Expectations Private School(an all inclusive Educational school in Magodo, Lagos) Our school is a social enterprise that accept, educate and empowers persons living with various forms of disabilities. Our objective as an inclusive school is to ensure every member of our school community become independent, are generally accepting of others in the global community and are able to give back to their communities in return.
    My Goal for joining this course is to learn and be more acquitted to how donor's mindsets works, how to bridge the barriers and how to access funding and stay connected or turn donors to partners.

Hi Idowu welcome on board

M
    1 Reply
  • Hello. I am Sisca Essa Riwana. I am a sales manager in gas services company in Payakumbuh Indonesia. My target is to expand services to the wider segment. My goal in this course is to be able to see donor as not only potential client but also a humanist person.

• My name is Marshet Abate Woldeab, I am from Ethiopia, Horn of Africa. I am the founder and executive director of a new women based initiative called Women's Vision Development Organization. My goal is to learn about donors culture and interest and, get funding for the initiative.

• @Beautifulnora said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

@BisolaBabatunde-Idowu said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

Hell all, Great to be here!
    How are you doing?

Hi Idowu welcome on board

Hi Bisola,Very nice meeting you. Hope to learn from you.

• My name is hadiza zakari I am from Nigeria we have an organization know as girl child concern (GCC)as a mentor supervisor to the organization ,I am joining the program to learn on how to raise funds for 500 girls that were affected by Boko Haram insurance to go back to school my goal is to bring in much money for the organization and raise awareness about the work we do in the organization and also know how to connect with donors

1 Reply

What is your name? Where are you joining from?
    My name is Maurice, Samba.
    I'm from Dakar Senegal.
    Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role?
    I'm working with Africans Rising for Justice Peace and Dignity. I'm the Assistant to the movement coordinator.
    I'm the Assistant to the movement coordinator.
    What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?
    My main goal is to understand better the fundraising process, how to connect with donors.
    As a member of the fundraising committee at Africans Rising that would be very helpful
    Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.
    For sure I'm interested in joining a team for this course.

Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!
    I worked with the fundraising team bu my role is limited, I have been in contact with any donor and I want to learn how to connect with them.

• My name is Auwal Abubakar Gidado from Nigeria and I worked with an NGO known as society for women Development and empowerment of Nigeria, I will like to know more about the fund raising in other to assist me in fund raising for archiving the organization objectives

1 Reply
  • My name is ssemakula and am joining from Uganda . I work for an organization striving to reduce road traffic accidents in the nation. We also strive to a rational timely post crash professional care to reduce the high road mortality rate.

I thus intend to acquire knowledge and skills in mobilisation, fund raising and team work . road accident is a big burden in east Africa but especially Uganda. I will thus be more than humbled and honored to embrace this opportunity

M
    1 Reply
  • @Auwalbindo said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

My name is Auwal Abubakar Gidado from Nigeria and I worked with an NGO known as society for women Development and empowerment of Nigeria, I will like to know more about the fund raising in other to assist me in fund raising for archiving the organization objectives

Good decision Auwal.

• @hadizazakarin said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

My name is hadiza zakari I am from Nigeria we have an organization know as girl child concern (GCC)as a mentor supervisor to the organization ,I am joining the program to learn on how to raise funds for 500 girls that were affected by Boko Haram insurance to go back to school my goal is to bring in much money for the organization and raise awareness about the work we do in the organization and also know how to connect with donors

Good work you are doing. Please join our other team and let's learn together and help each other achieve our aims and objectives.

• Hi room.
    My name is yusuff Abdmujeeb from Nigeria, I have no occupation yet thus implies am a student.
    I hope to apply anything learned here to any organization I find myself.
    Happy to see you guys here.

• @LifesaversVolunteer said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

My name is ssemakula and am joining from Uganda . I work for an organization striving to reduce road traffic accidents in the nation. We also strive to a rational timely post crash professional care to reduce the high road mortality rate.

I thus intend to acquire knowledge and skills in mobilisation, fund raising and team work . road accident is a big burden in east Africa but especially Uganda. I will thus be more than humbled and honored to embrace this opportunity

Welcome to the team

• Course Facilitator

Hello everyone,my name is Carolyne your course ambassador on this course,please feel free to tag me @cmnyarangi any question or challenge you may face in the course.enjoy your learning

P
    1 Reply
  • Lawal Tijani Abdullahi is my name. I am from Nigeria. I am currently running an NGO in the rural part of Nigeria.
    Am expecting to learn how to connect with donors, after this course I should be able to qualify for grant. I hope to get the best out of this.
    Thank you

• @Cmnyarangi said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

Hello everyone,my name is Carolyne your course ambassador on this course,please feel free to tag me @cmnyarangi any question or challenge you may face in the course.enjoy your learning

Thank you

• My name is hadiza zakari ,I am from Nigeria running an NGO girl child concern I want to know how can I connect with donors after this course

• Hi guys, my name is Joseph Muiruri from Kenya and I am currently working in a music company. I have decided to enroll for this course so that I can know how well i can connect and engage with donors for the sake of an organization I intent to form. It is my hope that whatever I learn here will be helpful.

• Hello everyone, my name is Ajagunna Abimbola. I am joining from Lagos, Nigeria.

I am currently the project director for Courage Education Foundation.

I presently have about 146 beneficiaries in various stages of their education and would love to learn how to connect with donors to raise more funds.

I will love to join a team for this course.

I can say yes; this is due to the fact that I am presently responsible in raising funds for my organization. I have organized several programes for fundraising, but I realize that one on one contact at times help more than such activities.

• Gugu Ndlovu from Zimbabwe, currently doing M&E at a local NGO. I have little experience with directly engaging donors for funds and would like to learn more about that.

• Course Facilitator

Hello All, My name is Sheku Alim Cawray from Sierra Leone. I worked for Bea's Group as the General Manager. I've just finished Introduction to Fundraising which is an eye opening for me so I decided to further by taking this course so I can learn more about fundraising concept which I believed will help me in my quest to raised funds for deprived sick babies in my country.

T
    1 Reply
  • Hello,

My name is Ahmed Magem, I am based in Abuja, Nigeria and I am a social entrepreneur as well as Project Coordinator of Social Workers Without Borders (SW2B) working in the North East of Nigeria ravaged by the terrorist group Boko Haram for more than 10 years now.

I am here to learn everything possible about Fundraising and increase my knowledge deeply about working in different sectors of humanitarian services.

I am very much interested in joining groups or teams to make my learning more interesting and engaging.

Thank you.

A
    1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

Hello guys!
    My name's Jameson Pierre-Louis from Haiti. I have a bachelor's degree in law. Volunteer at Philanthropy University as ambassador. If you're stucked or have any questions regarding Fundraising : connect with donors, I'm the boy.
    Just @drakepot and I will reply as quickly as possible.

Welcome and happy learning to you all!!!

• My name is Alejandro Pérez Morales, and I currently belong to AIESEC in Chile. I am an a bachelor in mass media, majoring advertising and public relations and I want to move my path to institutional relations and non-profit management. My goal is to set the basis for me to start working with this field, and even finding a job related. The experience that I have had until now is transversal and it is indirectly connected with funding. But it is not completely related.

• @hassanswedi said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

Hello

My name is Hassan Swedi
    Working with ASAS Dairies in Tanzania as Business Development Manager
    I have worked in the projects for over 10 years and would like to know more about the fundraising part of projects management

Hello Hassan, you have worked for 10 years in the company, can you please share some working experience with us.
    Thanks

• Alright by the name of Kato Cosma from Kampala Uganda, working with Ablestate www.ablestate.org as a Market lead and a co-founder, the company deals in Technology but I for one I don't have any experience in marketing and sales, due to this am here to learn how we can market our company and products to both donors and strategic partnerships
    Thanks

• Helo everyone,

My name is Amb. Chuks Chinedu, the founder and CEO of The Ambassadors Foundation for Empowerment and Development. My goal for taking this course is to acquire the basic skills needed to connect with donors and apply them in a manner that satisfies and create a positive impression on my donors. Am interested in joining a team so as to learn from other people, and share from their experiences. I have little but informal knowledge on it; and i want to learn professionally.

Cheers!!!

1 Reply
  • @ahmagem said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

Hello,

My name is Ahmed Magem, I am based in Abuja, Nigeria and I am a social entrepreneur as well as Project Coordinator of Social Workers Without Borders (SW2B) working in the North East of Nigeria ravaged by the terrorist group Boko Haram for more than 10 years now.

I am here to learn everything possible about Fundraising and increase my knowledge deeply about working in different sectors of humanitarian services.

I am very much interested in joining groups or teams to make my learning more interesting and engaging.

Thank you.

@ Mr Ahmed. keep the good work. That region is really facing various challenges at this time.

O
    1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

@AMB_0810 said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

Helo everyone,

My name is Amb. Chuks Chinedu, the founder and CEO of The Ambassadors Foundation for Empowerment and Development. My goal for taking this course is to acquire the basic skills needed to connect with donors and apply them in a manner that satisfies and create a positive impression on my donors. Am interested in joining a team so as to learn from other people, and share from their experiences. I have little but informal knowledge on it; and i want to learn professionally.

Cheers!!!

Hello @AMB_0810 !
    You can create a team and invite others Learners to join or you can join one.
    You can consider invite people in your organization taking the course with you. So that you can brainstorm and apply your learning easily to your cause.
    Happy learning!

• Ansah Abigail is my name,im not working for an organization and I'm taking this course because,i want to learn more about fundraising and become a good fundraiser when I join an organization. Yes I'm interested in having a team so I can learn more from the my team members.?

O
    1 Reply
  • My name is Sunday. I'm from Nigeria. I'm currently working on establishing my own NGO. My aim is getting adequate knowledge on running an NGO. How to connect with donors, source for fund and also accountability. I'm interested in joining a team.

B
    1 Reply
  • @AAW said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

Ansah Abigail is my name,im not working for an organization and I'm taking this course because,i want to learn more about fundraising and become a good fundraiser when I join an organization. Yes I'm interested in having a team so I can learn more from the my team members.?

Welcome Abigail. Looking forward to having a wonderful time learning.

• @AMB_0810 said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

@ahmagem said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

Hello,

Thank you.

@ Mr Ahmed. keep the good work. That region is really facing various challenges at this time.

Very brilliant Ahmed. I am from the same region and very familiar with the situations at hand. Hoping to have much to learn here. Welcome on board

• Hi everyone, my name is Mohammad Qasim and l am joining from New Delhi, İndia.
    I am the Treasurer of an NGO ZAHRA FOUNDATION in New Delhi, India. My goal is to gain skills that could help my group to raise funds for their programs and projects.
    I love to work in teams because l believe together everyone achieves more.

W
    1 Reply

Hello Learners,

My name is Tenying Yangsel. I live in New York.
    I am on the Advisory board for a youth-led organization in Nepal. I am here to learn as much as i can about fundraising. We are a very small organization. I just finished taking the intro to fundraising class and I am also taking Fundraising Strategies class simultaneously with this class. I am hoping to have the basic knowledge be equipped to raise funds for our projects.
    Looking forward to forming teams and learning from each and everyone of you.

• @Alim16 said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

Hello All, My name is Sheku Alim Cawray from Sierra Leone. I worked for Bea's Group as the General Manager. I've just finished Introduction to Fundraising which is an eye opening for me so I decided to further by taking this course so I can learn more about fundraising concept which I believed will help me in my quest to raised funds for deprived sick babies in my country.

Hi Sheku Alim Cawray! I also just too the introduction course. I am glad you are taking more courses. Good Luck!

1 Reply
  • @Manyor_2019 said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

Seasonal greetings am Manyor E. Mfortow from Cameroon a current volunteer at Reach out Cameroon and Noela Lyonga Foundation am here to better my understanding and knowledge on fund raising and if possible make relations with potential donors.

Hello Manyor E. Mfortow! Welcome to the course. Looking forward to learning new things together.

• Hi my name is Innocent Joseph Kalia. From Nigeria and I'm glad to take this course with you.

1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

Hello guys !
    So happy to see your posts!!!
    @Tenying What do you think if you create a team and invite others Learners to join it?

• My Name is Casandra Jaja, Am a Nigerian.
    I am Excited to be doing this course, my sole aim in joining this course with you all is to Learn Everything that has to do with
    Fund Rasing&Connecting with Donors in order to improve my Leadership Qualities.
    I am so much interested in joining a Team.

Hello Learners,

My name is Nonhlanhla Mitchel from Zimbabwe. My goal in enrolling for this course is to have knowledge on how to connect with donors, build relationship with them as well as knowing how to thank them.
  • Course Facilitator

@Tenying said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

@Alim16 said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

Hi Sheku Alim Cawray! I also just too the introduction course. I am glad you are taking more courses. Good Luck!

@Tenying, Thanks and good luck too!

• Hello everyone, my name is Abimbola Ajagunna, I am joining from Lagos, Nigeria. I am currently the project director for Courage Education Foundation. My goal for joining this course is to assist me in connecting with my prospective donors and improve my organization's relationship with the donors we already have. I will be very happy to work with a team. I have organized series of programs to increase my donors but realize I've not really done enough after reading and listening to the podcast

• Hy Everyone!
    Bilal Yousaf here.I am from lhr,pakistan.
    Currently I am the student of civil engg. and started Non profit organisation.
    Purpose of that was to let students take out 100 rs from their pocket money and help us give groceries to the needy families on monthly basis to widows and disable men.
    Looking forward for this platform to be my source of knowledge.

1 Reply

Hello Learners,

Hello Learners,

1. What is your name? Where are you joining from?I'm Lorna Castillo Dungao,I'm a pastor by profession and presently studying missions,Im joining this program to learn more about raising funds and connecting to donors

1 Reply
  • @johnkelvinhove said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

John Kelvin Hove is my name. I come from Zimbabwe. At the moment am studying Development Studies (BA). My goals for this course to understand how to deal and conect with donors, how to source funds from donors and being able to account to donor funding. I am interested in joining a team. Latsly I don't have any expertise related to this course.

You are most welcome sir... I hope to learn from you

Hello Learners,

My name is Eme John Chidera, I am joining from Kaduna state, Nigeria.
      No, I own a small business that I wish to grow into a great organization for the development of my society and country and also to create job opportunities for youths and individuals in my vicinity.
      I want to learn how to raise fund to grow my ICT related business and also to learn from my team. I wish to meet fund raising organisations and helpful individuals to my business and reduce the anxiety.

Yes, I am interested in joining a team to learn.

E
    1 Reply
  • @johnrhinoresource said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

@Course_Operations said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

Hello Learners,

My name is Eme John Chidera, I am joining from Kaduna state, Nigeria.
      No, I own a small business that I wish to grow into a great organization for the development of my society and country and also to create job opportunities for youths and individuals in my vicinity.
      I want to learn how to raise fund to grow my ICT related business and also to learn from my team. I wish to meet fund raising organisations and helpful individuals to my business and reduce the anxiety.

E
    1 Reply
  • @Exquisite419 said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

@johnrhinoresource said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

Hello Learners,

My name is Abdulsalam salam, I am joining from oyo state, Nigeria.
      No, am still a student, but I wish to learn from philanthropy university

No I dont
    E
    1 Reply
  • @Exquisite419 said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

@Exquisite419 said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

@johnrhinoresource said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

Hello Learners,

My name is **
      Abdulsalam salam, I am joining from oyo state, Nigeria.![alt abdulsalam](image url)
    1. Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role?
    2. What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?

No I dont
    E
    1 Reply

@Exquisite419 said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

Hello Learners,

My name is **
      Abdulsalam salam, I am joining from oyo state, Nigeria.![alt abdulsalam](image url)
    1. Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role?
    2. What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?

No I dont
  • My name is Grace Bereiweriso, I'm from Nigeria and I work at Septagus Consulting.

1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

Hello Everyone!
    If you have any issues to submit your assignments or any questions related to the course.

Please ask the questions in the section "Do you have any issues". You can contact me in private too.
    I'm happy to see so many motivated learners here.

• Course Facilitator

hey @johnkelvinhove ,thanks for introducing yourself,what are some of the specific skills do you plan on building on?

• @Silvanceherodian07 said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

Silvance Herodiana Umalan is my name, am from Indonesia.

Hi Silvance..I am also from Indonesia. I am with DIAN NGO in Payakumbuh. Welcome..

• Course Facilitator

hey @johnkelvinhove ,thanks for introducing yourself,what are some of the social needs would you like to solve in your community in future?and how do you think going through this course will help you prepare for that?

• Course Facilitator

hey @Gracie234 ,thanks for introducing yourself, what is your learning objectives on this course? and how do you think by achieving them will help you in your work?

• Course Facilitator

hey @LornaCastilloDungao !thanks for introducing yourself is your church involved in any community development programs ? who are the beneficiaries?

• Course Facilitator

hey @Bilalyousaf ,nice to hear about the good work that you are doing,what are some the fundraising challenges do you face

• Hello all,
    My name is Wuraola Olaifa from Nigeria. I am the the coordinator for Intervention for science Education foundation (an NGO) where our basic goal is to increase interest in science Education among young people. I am also a member of the board of trustees. I hope to learn about fundraising and hopefully connect to donors.
    I am open to joining a team from and I have some experience.

D
    1 Reply
  • @QasimKhan said in Introduce Yourself in Fundraising: Connecting with Donors (May) !:

Hi everyone, my name is Mohammad Qasim and l am joining from New Delhi, İndia.
    I am the Treasurer of an NGO ZAHRA FOUNDATION in New Delhi, India. My goal is to gain skills that could help my group to raise funds for their programs and projects.
    I love to work in teams because l believe together everyone achieves more.

Hello, What is your NGO about?

• Hello, I love what you are doing. Can we form a team with some other people?

• My name is Natalia and I am from Colombia. I created my own non-profit organization and I have been having truble starting as I have no funds to make it work yet. I am the director of my organization, and I am incharged of fundraising and projects proposals. I have some friends welling to start working as volunteers, but we haven't started operations yet.
    Through this course I want to learn how to build good relations with donors, and learn what I need to start making mi organization work.
    I am also opened to join a team. I have no experience on the topic so I am willing to learn a lot!

M
    1 Reply
  • Kusinu Michael is my name. I am joining from Lagos, Nigeria. I enrolled for this course to gave broader understanding of what fund raising is all about and to be able to apply it in my organization, Achievers Place. I would like to join a team.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.