Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Staff

Module 1: Culture and Values

Respond to this prompt after completing the content in Module 1

What was the most surprising new insight you gained about culture and values after completing Module 1?

After you contribute, make sure to browse what others have shared and leave a comment if you are inspired or intrigued. Feel free to simply ask questions to learn more as well.

R
    S
    A
    K
    S
    15 Replies
  • 199 Replies
  • This course, has broaden my understanding of the employees importance to an organisation. ' Your brand evangelist, are your employee" this really got me, seeing that the success of an organisation is majorly tied to the employee.
    I use to think that values are merely what drives an organisation, but now i know it not only drives, but also determines its success or failure.

L
    E
    3 Replies
    • I HAVE LEARNT THAT ONE NEED TO WORK AS A TEAM WITH YOUR EMPLOYEES

• TRAIN THEM AND GIVE THEM EXACTLY THE RESULT YOU ARE EXPECTING

• NON STAFF AND STAFF SHOULD BE TRAINED ABOUT THE VALUES MISSION AND VISION OF THE ORGANISATION

1 Reply
  • I have learnt about the relevance of values in developing strengthening human capacity and the less focus on financial resource scarcity as a possible hindrance

1 Reply
  • Hello,
    I am Radia from Algeria and I am glad I have chosen this course as I feel already enriched and inspired.

The most surprising thing I have kept in mind is the fact of getting the feedback of those who would leave our organization, thing that neither me nor my organization have done before.

As long as the values and mission are concerned, I believe the values are the pavement that leads us toward the materialization of our mission hence the importance of choosing them very accurately and carefully and taking due time to do so.

I cannot wait to learn more in the coming modules.

2 Replies
  • Course Facilitator

Hi @toniaedwin,thanks for sharing your thoughts! What is the culture like at your organization? Do you have best practices you’d like to share here?

• Course Facilitator

Hi @Radia thanks for sharing your thoughts! What is the culture like at your organization? Do you have best practices you’d like to share here?

• Course Facilitator

Hi @dietoaustine ,thanks for sharing your thoughts! What is the culture like at your organization? Do you have best practices you’d like to share here?

• Course Facilitator

Hi @bgt4luv , thanks for sharing your thoughts! What is the culture like at your organization? Do you have best practices you’d like to share here?

B
    1 Reply
  • @Course_Operations said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

What was the most surprising new insight you gained about culture and values after completing Module 1?

After you contribute, make sure to browse what others have shared and leave a comment if you are inspired or intrigued. Feel free to simply ask questions to learn more as well.

All organization should have a cultural value

one need to work as a team team with your employees

Train them and give them exactly the result you are expecting

Staff should be trained about the values, mission and vision of the Organisation

I
    1 Reply

Good day, Have learnt about how to put values first in everything you do and also work as team in the organization to uphold the values and culture of the company, also make it clear to everyone on how to carry out the values of the organization at all time, i really gain insight in this module 1
    Thanks
    Solomon Adedayo

1 Reply

• Course Facilitator

I learned how to connect organisational values with missions of the organisation and how the mission help guide team behaviour in shaping organisational culture and achieving organisational goals.

1 Reply
  • what I learnt was how to work on my organization values and missions
    and the culture and values of organization and people.

P
    1 Reply
  • The most important thing in any organizations life/success and sustainability is a set of values that hopefully becomes an organic part of its existence--its culture.

Havingving read through and view the videos, the most surprising insight for me is the importance of Value an read through and view the videos, the most surprising insight for me is the importance of Value and Cd Culture. My own organization has clearly marked values. It was only after reading the materials and the video that I was able to capture the true meanings behind the values that are enshrined in my own organization. I was particularly thrilled by the SLACK TOOL by constantly having the values in ordinary day to day conversation. Another insight is the importance of personnel as family in the culture of an organization.

• Hello Everyone, very insightful topic. One major learning point for me is that Organization mission should not be hurriedly created as it stems from the work or services offered in addition to the values of the human resources ( staff or team members). Values here are their belief, ethos, etc.

• I have gain a lot on this course
    Firstly U can't run and have a successful organization without placing values on your mission.

Team work is also very important in any organization and U most work with people of the same mind set in order to achieve your mission or goal.

You most also think big
    Break it down and know what to do at a time.

Since the people in your organization determine how successful the organization will be, U need to know .
    Who to hire
    When to hire and
    How to hire.

• @solomightyonline said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

@Course_Operations said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

Good day, Have learnt about how to put values first in everything you do and also work as team in the organization to uphold the values and culture of the company, also make it clear to everyone on how to carry out the values of the organization at all time, i really gain insight in this module 1
    Thanks
    Solomon Adedayo

Exactly
    Your organization values must come first so whoever is coming in should be ready to work with that. Not just working as a team but they must also have the same mind set.

This module helps me understand how mission and values are deeply vital and important in our organization. How we should be rooted on these two for us to provide quality at work. Presenting, posting or providing those is not enough but instead discuss deeply to each of your employees so they will know how important are these in our daily work lives. How we can give impact in helping grow not just the organization but also we as employees.

• Hello,
    I am Joseph from Kenya and i am so happy to have chosen this course. i have learned a lot about the importance of developing team work at place of work, having a good organization values.
    looking forward to module 2

M
    P
    S
    3 Replies
  • Hello everyone,
    I am Joseph from Kenya. i would like to appreciate the importance of organization culture and values in influencing internal morale of the employees in an organization, as a result of improved morale leads to high productivity at place of work and eventually improving interaction with the external stakeholders. it is equally true to say that Culture and values have the Domino effect in as far as good human capital strategy in an organization is concerned.

• Course Facilitator

This course really impacted me. The mission statement I had before starting this course had to be rewritten after a better understanding of what a mission statement should look like. Really blessed.

1 Reply
  • This module made it so clear and easy for me to come up with the mission and values of my organisation. All the ideas were there, but I could not state them properly. I've learned a great deal of things, thank you so much!

• in this first module what i have personally gained is that, i did not have a knowledge that the organization needs culture and values to develop since i have been capable of knowing the rules of the company which most of the time does not real mean culture and in that i have learn that those culture and values should be prior communicated to the workers so that they could know the gist of working in the company and what they have to do for it.

• @05051986 said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

Hello,
    I am Joseph from Kenya and i am so happy to have chosen this course. i have learned a lot about the importance of developing team work at place of work, having a good organization values.

awesome

• @AMUGILI said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

what I learnt was how to work on my organization values and missions
    and the culture and values of organization and people.

Yes
    And it is impossible to have a successful organization without the value of the organization not being connected to the mission.

Hello,

Team work is very important in any organization, and not just team work only but to also have the same mind set and good working relationship with everyone. Also treat them like families cos we spent most of our time them than even friend

K
    1 Reply
  • @Cmnyarangi said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

Hi @bgt4luv , thanks for sharing your thoughts! What is the culture like at your organisation? Do you have best practices you’d like to share here?

All Staff should be trained about the values, mission and vision of the Organisation

• This is one of the best courses i have had the fortune of coming in contact with. As a startup entrpreneur I have also placed more emphasis on myself and money as the major capital for devlopment and expansion and i dare to say I have always acted poorly at it. But I have learnt now that i not only need to create a team but build a culture that would sustain and help us co-exist excellently.

• I have learnt that values and missions of any organization are important and that the most surprising is that they are thought through by a team.

• I learnt That Human Resource Management is an important strategy when l am investing in social enterprise. And also my inability to retain good talent affects my enterprise.

The most surprising new insight l gained about culture and values are firstly, that my culture and values must be agreed from the start of my social enterprise, because it shows what I stand for in the world and that’s what I would want my employees to practice and work with it everyday.

• Good day,
    Have learnt a lot on how to put values first in everything we do and also work as a team in an organization in order to achieve its aims and objectives. I really achieve so many things in this module 1 and lookup to move to module 2
    Thanks

• @FAIZI To be very honest, mostly when we join any organization we find these Mission Statements and values already written by some one.
    In this Module-1, what was my take away???

1- I did it my self.

2-I learned about required behavior against each values

3-Organization values visualization sequence.

I believe, it will add more meaning to my learning. Thank you Philanthropy University and course designer.
    Regards.

1 Reply
  • @Faizi said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

@FAIZI To be very honest, mostly when we join any organization we find these Mission Statements and values already written by some one.
    In this Module-1, what was my take away???

1- I did it my self.

2-I learned about required behavior against each values

3-Organization values visualization sequence.

I believe, it will add more meaning to my learning. Thank you Philanthropy University and course designer.
    Regards.

@ FAIZI Dear all, you can learn more from articles on HR ,Management,Emotional Intelligence,Supply Chain Management and many other related topics on my Blog. Following is the link https://faizspeaks.blogspot.com/2018/04/understanding-swot-analysis-and-its.html
    Feel free to click the link read articles and please also leave your comments in comment section.

1 Reply
  • @Radia said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

Hello,
    I am Radia from Algeria and I am glad I have chosen this course as I feel already enriched and inspired.

The most surprising thing I have kept in mind is the fact of getting the feedback of those who would leave our organization, thing that neither me nor my organization have done before.

As long as the values and mission are concerned, I believe the values are the pavement that leads us toward the materialization of our mission hence the importance of choosing them very accurately and carefully and taking due time to do so.

@Radia Hi Radia,welcome on board. Yes , i agree with you our values must be a reflection of our mission and has to be incorporated in Job Description and Performance Tools as well.

1 Reply
  • @Gospringlink said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

This course really impacted me. The mission statement I had before starting this course had to be rewritten after a better understanding of what a mission statement should look like. Really blessed.

@Gospringlink Hi ,nice to see you in this course. Lets team up for next Modules.

1 Reply
  • @Faizi said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

@Radia said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

Hello,

@Radia Hi Radia,welcome on board. Yes , i agree with you our values must be a reflection of our mission and has to be incorporated in Job Description and Performance Tools as well.

@Radia Hi Radia, lets team up for next modules.

• I have learned that the defined values of an organization should not only be known to its employees but brought those values to life of employees on a daily basis.
    Also, help the employees think like an owner or founder. :)

K
    1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

Hi @Faizi , thanks for the article thats so nice of you to share 🙂🙂

1 Reply

Hi @Faizi , thanks for the article thats so nice of you to share 🙂🙂

@Cmnyarangi Hi ,you always welcome. There are other Articles on blog too.Please feel free to read them and leave your comments in comment box too.

• In this Module I learned how could we intentionally set and prioritize our organizational values without not necessarily affected or driven by external factors.

B
    1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

@Faizi said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

@Gospringlink said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

@Gospringlink Hi ,nice to see you in this course. Lets team up for next Modules.

@Faizi great to find you here. Sure, we can team up for next modules.

B
    1 Reply
  • Hello! This is Adel from Pakistan. I have already studied HR before and have experience regarding administration but what I like in this module is that I have always one question in my mind that how the organization culture is built but today i come to know that Values and believes makes the organization culture and by revising that it gives sustainable environment within the organization. Further more the values which we are going to design should be measurable and achievable that what clears my mind that to achieve the mission it should be linked with Core values of the organization which i like the most in this module.

K
    1 Reply
  • This lesson made me to understand that the presence of good and relevant culture values in an organization thrives that organisation to success, because they are the foundation of human capital strategy in every organisation.

• @Gospringlink said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

@Faizi said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

@Gospringlink said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

@Faizi great to find you here. Sure, we can team up for next modules.

@Gospringlink and @Faizi I would like to join the team you people want to form. If possible, let's have a watsapp group that we can be discussing.

Please create the watsapp group for us.

Here is my watsapp number: 08061357869.

• @MerajGul said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

In this Module I learned how could we intentionally set and prioritize our organizational values without not necessarily affected or driven by external factors.

@MerajGul you can intentionally set a team for your organization base on its value and culture depending on the policy of the organisation.

• The most surprising insight i gained about culture and values after completing Module 1, is the fact that your value defines your culture.

• @ FAIZI please click on the following link of my blog for valuable Articles on HR, Management, Emotional Intelligence and other topics.https://faizspeaks.blogspot.com/2017/11/the-truth-about-multitasking-how-your.html

This module surely has broaden my understanding on the relationship between mission and values. The importance as it relates to my job and working towards achieving the mission of my organization. This is one I am going to impact on my colleagues.

Culture and values, a most for every organization. the relationship between mission and values cannot be overemphasized. I have learnt a lot in this module and plan to impact the knowledge to my colleagues.

• @Adilorakzai said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

Hello! This is Adel from Pakistan. I have already studied HR before and have experience regarding administration but what I like in this module is that I have always one question in my mind that how the organization culture is built but today i come to know that Values and believes makes the organization culture and by revising that it gives sustainable environment within the organization. Further more the values which we are going to design should be measurable and achievable that what clears my mind that to achieve the mission it should be linked with Core values of the organization which i like the most in this module.

Hello Adel, I do totally agree with you. Values and believes make the organization.

• @Mikay said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

I have learned that the defined values of an organization should not only be known to its employees but brought those values to life of employees on a daily basis.

True about this @Mikay . The values should be brought life to the employees on a daily basis, thereby it becomes a custom.

• @princeanniefone25 said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

@05051986 said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

Hello,

Team work is very important in any organization, and not just team work only but to also have the same mind set and good working relationship with everyone. Also treat them like families cos we spent most of our time them than even friend

An organization cannot thrive without teamwork. This is the building block of any organization.

S
    1 Reply

I real thought it's financial need that's most important aspect of human capital. But this course made me aware that culture, values has the most weightage in human capital strategy.

• @Kenroy said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

@princeanniefone25 said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

@05051986 said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

Hello,

An organization cannot thrive without teamwork. This is the building block of any organization.

Wow, I totally agree. I feel the same. United we stand, divided we fall.

• @Gospringlink Hi ,do you agree on our following business model canvas ? if yes please write yes i agree
    Key Partners
    1-Corporate Sectors ( A,d,c companies)
    2-Ingos
    3-Governament
    4-Local Communities

Key Activities
    1-Consting Infra structure.
    2-Creating Income generation sources.
    3-Improving livelihood of communities.
    4-Student Scholarship Award in respective community.
    5-Seeking government approvals.

Key Resources
    1-Road and bridges building-Material, Equipment Logistics, Human Resources and Security protection.
    2-School building-Material, supplies, Equipment, Human Resources, Furniture and Security protection.
    3-Income generation and Livelihood generations-Equipment, Training, Supplies

Value Propositions
    Provide high quality roads, bridges, Schools infrastructures to targeted community.
    Provide long term and sustainable modern income generation and Livelihood opportunities to targeted communities

Customer Relationships
    Human Resources assistance.
    Information Resource distribution.
    Coordination.

Channels
    Free roads, bridges for transportation
    Provision of self-sustained start of art schools
    Free modern income generation and livelihood training programs

Customer Segment
    Local Community
    Students
    Government for approval

Cost Structure
    Value driven and long term sustainable results

Revenue Streams
    Government subsidy, donor funding and local funding

• Good night, for me all the module was clear.
    It is ok in theoretical way, or in some organizations from other parts of the world. Here in Uruguay we do not have the same culture aspects, As in the public sector the organizations are rigid and has their own values and cultures and are impossible to be modified.
    The private sectors have some culture and values, but they are informal not written. So it is another difficult to change it as it is unknown by the employees.

T
    1 Reply
  • Hi there.
    Obviously is so important to work or labor or construct the organization in team, but with cohesion of all the participants of it.
    If there is no cohesion the organization fall down without remedy as the base does not bring sustaining to the vertical pyramid and the lines will not function ok.

And good communications of vital or crucial decisions.

• There are many values in this course that I have never known.

• From the word go this course has blew my mind in term of its very rich contents. My Understanding of why human capital is essential to scaling a nonprofit or social enterprise has now been well broadening.
    Again, the Master 4 key mindsets for developing an effective human capital strategy in the reading section is a well thought out principles every forward looking Human Resources practitioner should employed going forward.
    Thank you for this opportunity- Olusola Olaitan

T
    1 Reply

Hi @dietoaustine ,thanks for sharing your thoughts! What is the culture like at your organization? Do you have best practices you’d like to share here?

i agree with u my dear friend to elaborate it further more YOUR COMMENTS thatl I got an idea of how the organization culture is created and it totally depend upon values which will be relevant to the mission and i think to define your organization values its not easy to define. it needs experiences to refine that actually define your mission statement.

Being very new to non profit management I was unaware of how important it was to lay out the culture and the values. Learning about the way these three organizations set up their cultures was very helpful.
    Also was interesting to learn about the connection between culture and brand, as said by the CEO of Airbnb

1 Reply
  • @Solaitan said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

From the word go this course has blew my mind in term of its very rich contents. My Understanding of why human capital is essential to scaling a nonprofit or social enterprise has now been well broadening.
    Again, the Master 4 key mindsets for developing an effective human capital strategy in the reading section is a well thought out principles every forward looking Human Resources practitioner should employed going forward.
    Thank you for this opportunity- Olusola Olaitan

I definitely agree with you, this module had detailed contents. I didn't realize we would cover it right away. Excited and looking forward to learning more.

• @Guscar said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

Good night, for me all the module was clear.
    It is ok in theoretical way, or in some organizations from other parts of the world. Here in Uruguay we do not have the same culture aspects, As in the public sector the organizations are rigid and has their own values and cultures and are impossible to be modified.
    The private sectors have some culture and values, but they are informal not written. So it is another difficult to change it as it is unknown by the employees.

Hi there, you are absolutely correct about the every country having different cultures and values. I think it is up to us to create our own and promote it within our organization. Good luck :)

• I had practiced making goals and objectives in the past. but it was first time for me to reflect on connecting the values to the mission. I never thought that they should be connected.

• Culture and values are the key structure of an organization. if you can't make your employees see the mission and vision of your organization through your own eyes then its bound to fail.

L
    2 Replies
  • Course Facilitator

Hi @solomightyonline ,thanks for sharing your thoughts! What is the culture like at your organization? Do you have best practices you’d like to share here?

• Course Facilitator

Hi @Aditu thanks for sharing your thoughts! What is the culture like at your organization? Do you have best practices you’d like to share here?

• Course Facilitator

Hi @Tenying thanks for sharing your thoughts! What is the culture like at your organization? Do you have best practices you’d like to share here?

T
    1 Reply
  • I have learnt organization values and equality in every place and human capital strategy

• Hi, it is interesting to learn how to grow human capital strategies with time and space without unnecessary financial encumbrance.

L
    1 Reply

What surprised me was the interrelation between vision, mission, and values which are important for strategic direction. Without the individual foundations of strong values illustrated by a vision to be undertaken by a mission, an organization cannot become an overly successful organization.

• @toniaedwin said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

This course, has broaden my understanding of the employees importance to an organisation. ' Your brand evangelist, are your employee" this really got me, seeing that the success of an organisation is majorly tied to the employee.
    I use to think that values are merely what drives an organisation, but now i know it not only drives, but also determines its success or failure.

Brand evangelist.. i like that. We employees are the face of the company, what we portray is how the organization is going to be perceived.

• @LECHILTON said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

Hi, it is interesting to learn how to grow human capital strategies with time and space without unnecessary financial encumbrance.

Finances should not be a hindrance to Human Capital Strategy.

• @Aditu said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

Culture and values are the key structure of an organization. if you can't make your employees see the mission and vision of your organization through your own eyes then its bound to fail.

Good contribution about culture and values.

• Financial capital is necessary to kick start an organisation, but you need a well "cultured human capital" to sustain it and make it grow into its designed mission.

• Vision, Mission and Values of organisation are of such importance that one can't emphasise them enough. What was most helpful is the process of developing these and how all of it shapes an organisation. Moreover, how it actually becomes foundation of an organisation, a beacon that keeps you reminded of ultimate goal.

• Human capital is the most important thing which sharpen the organization. Culture and value are the most thing which drive the organisation to achieve it's mission.

IN MY CASE, IN THIS MODULE THE MINORITY AREA AND THE KEY AREAS FOR THE EMPLOYEE'S SKILL IS IMPORTANT BECAUSE IT IS IMPORTANT TO UNDERSTAND THAT OUR ENVIRONMENT AND EACH PERSON KNOWS THE COMPANY AND THE VALUES.

• I have learnt that organizations mission statement must be well defined, core values of an organization must be communicated to team members and organizational values must be in line with the organization mission

E
    1 Reply
  • The application of the "mission to value chart" was a good step in understanding culture and values, and this was helpful.

E
    1 Reply
  • I was surprised to learn about the link between Values of a company Culture and the company brand. I have used this new knowledge for a lot of examples already this week. I am happy about how thorough the lessons here are taught. Thank You for the opportunity

• @Cyanrose said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

The application of the "mission to value chart" was a good step in understanding culture and values, and this was helpful.

I really enjoyed learning and participating too

• @diyaoluolasunkanmi said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

I have learnt that organizations mission statement must be well defined, core values of an organization must be communicated to team members and organizational values must be in line with the organization mission

Me too, This makes me view my organization differently and springs a lot of ways and ideas I could suggest to my organization to help us become more defined.

• Course Facilitator

Well, I learnt how key a formidable Human Capital team is to the foundational and future success of any Social Enterprise or Non Profit.

Hello,

Hello Joseph. Im from Lenya too. I have learnt about the importance of values in any non profit . With the right values you will be able to hire people that have the same values and in the end having an impact in the world as a whole.

• Let the values grow organically 😊 Just like water flowing into the shape of an unknown vessel... when the water fills that vessel will we get to see the bigger picture .

• Preparing Mission to Value Chart was very good exercise and it provided food for thought and new insight for looking at values in a different way.

Hi @Tenying thanks for sharing your thoughts! What is the culture like at your organization? Do you have best practices you’d like to share here?

We are a very small organization. We are a group of friends who support each other. When a team member comes up with a project idea we discuss and support the idea and work together by making it possible.

1 Reply
  • We are at the beginning of our organization and I found Module 1 great for giving guidelines on how we can proceed from here. It was great not to feel overly pressured into developing culture and values right NOW, as it can be a natural process, as shown.

• Course Facilitator

That's awesome @Tenying ,what are some the projects have you worked on ?and what are some of the tips have you learnt on this module that you feel will help transform your organisation culture and values?

• @toniaedwin said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

This course, has broaden my understanding of the employees importance to an organisation. ' Your brand evangelist, are your employee" this really got me, seeing that the success of an organisation is majorly tied to the employee.

@toniaedwin said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

strikethrough text

P
    1 Reply
  • @Kenroy said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

@Mikay said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

I have learned that the defined values of an organization should not only be known to its employees but brought those values to life of employees on a daily basis.

True about this @Mikay . The values should be brought life to the employees on a daily basis, thereby it becomes a custom.

Your brand evangelist are your employees,so if you have a weak culture you have a weak brand really got me.
    Now I know better and now understand the value of investing in the employees.

• Great I completely agree with your submission because I shared the same view

• It was awesome identifying and then make them go from 15 - 17 values to less than 4.

I am Precious from Nigeria.
    This course is wow! I got so many insight first module. One of it is that effectiveness come as a result of team work as no man is an island of knowledge.
    Also in employing people, the mission and values of the organization should be of paramount importance to the employer because that will in turn help to build a strong culture and brand.
    And finally the experiences shared by New Story Charity, Acumen and Amal Academy were really inspiring.

• @abidemianimashaun91 said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

I learned how to connect organisational values with missions of the organisation and how the mission help guide team behaviour in shaping organisational culture and achieving organisational goal.

Exactly. How mission can be broken down to values and then to the culture of the organisation in which every one in that organization behaves in a certain way to make a brand. That connection got me thinking.

P
    1 Reply
  • Now I understand that the bedrock of a successful organization lies under the effectiveness of understanding the mission and core value of the organization.
    My questions is how can we embody the value into our employees?

K
    1 Reply
  • @olamilekanadewole said in Module 1: Culture and Values:

Now I understand that the bedrock of a successful organization lies under the effectiveness of understanding the mission and core value of the organization.
    My questions is how can we embody the value into our employees?

It might seem a hard nut to crack. Let me cite an example, I went to an organization on Monday 27th May, on the wall was a frame "21 Rules of Safety" now what caught my attention was the fact that the staff have to recite it every morning before the day starts. Now if they keep reciting it, it then becomes a custom and it will be embeded in their subconscious mind.

If employees are constantly reminded of the culture and values, they will never forget but get in line.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.