Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Staff

Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E

Respond to this prompt after completing the content in Module 1.

Imagine that you are GOOD’s project manager. You are trying to convince MEH’s project manager to create an M&E plan. In the discussion forum, explain what you would you say to MEH’s project manager.

Sample Post: I think that you should create an M&E plan because __________ .

Respond to at least two of your peers’ messages. Which of the reasons for starting an M&E plan do you find the most convincing? Are there any other reasons for starting an M&E plan that your peer has missed?

G
    A
    D
    M
    62 Replies
  • 1053 Replies
  • I think you should create an M & E plan because it will allow you to communicate the success of your project to donors, which will allow you to continue to get funded. The chances of receiving continued funding for the project would be greatly reduced if you cannot provide convincing stats in your reports and proposals. Furthermore, constructing an MEL plan will help you to weigh the pros and cons of different indicators that your team is debating.

D
    T
    K
    D
    A
    35 Replies
  • Good morning/Afternoon or Evening whatever time it is, Manager i was thinking you should create an M&E plan because;- assess the stakeholders’ understanding of the project;
    -You will be able minimize the risk of project failure;
    -Promote systematic and professional management; and
    -Assess progress in implementation.
    -It will assists you to determine the degree of achievement of the objectives.
    -Determine and identify the problems associated with programme planning and implementation.
    -It will generate data that allows for cumulative learning which, in turn, contributes to better designed
    programmes, improved management and a better assessment of their impact.
    -It assists in the reformulation of objectives, policies, and strategies in projects

Z
    T
    F
    M
    17 Replies
  • @darcygray said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think you should create an M & E plan because it will allow you to communicate the success of your project to donors, which will allow you to continue to get funded. The chances of receiving continued funding for the project would be greatly reduced if you cannot provide convincing stats in your reports and proposals. Furthermore, constructing an MEL plan will help you to weigh the pros and cons of different indicators that your team is debating.

i agree with Darcygray, in addition to what he posted that is apart from communicating the success of your project to donors, it is also a way of ensuring accountability to funders. it will also show case the collection, collation and reporting of program reports and how your program will ensure timeliness and completeness of report to the funders

L
    D
    R
    M
    C
    7 Replies
  • I think that you should create an M&E plan because creating the plan make the project easier and faster. Doing this you will have to get an M&E officer to help you monitor i.e He/She will help to collect project information (data) regularly which will help you to measure the progress of the project and also help you evaluate how the project have achieve it goals.

N
    T
    D
    8 Replies
  • I think you should create an M&E plan to help you to identify the indicators and possible strategies for collecting data which is essential for our reporting and grant application. The plan highlights what should be measure, how it should measured,, people involved in the measurement and how long it should take for you to first.

N
    A
    A
    T
    8 Replies
  • @Course_Operations said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think that you should create an M&E plan because there is great need to monitor the progress of the program and this can only be achieved if there are some standards set to which progress are to be monitored. With the help of M&E, indicators of things going wrong (against the set-out plan(s)) can be easily be discovered and an immediate solution can be proffer. Also M&E gives correct progress report that can boost the morale of the sponsors to want to go on with the program.

C
    T
    D
    3 Replies
  • I think you should create an M&E plan because,
    It will clearly define what your project goals are and what you need to be measuring exactly like, the how many girl have got loans in 6 months, the M&E plan also helps to track the progress of the project and the direction its taking which helps to catch anything not going according to plan and rectify it immediately. An M&E Plan also helps measuring success of the project.

O
    A
    M
    T
    5 Replies
  • Good Day Gentlemen and Ladies, I think M& E is very important in this type of project

D
    N
    C
    8 Replies
  • I think you should develope an M & E plan First of all, because its important for you to assess that your project is achieving set targets. For instance, by monitoring the development of the project you will easily understand whether strategic changes need to be made and act accordingly.

Second, M&E are relevant to donors who need to assess whether your organization is a reliable partner. By reviewing milestones and final outcomes of your projects, donors will decide on the accountability of your organization upon which further collaborations could be established. As such, M&E plan is of vital importance for your project.*

S
    F
    C
    3 Replies
  • @MichaelTomoriBPharmMScMPH said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

@darcygray said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think you should create an M & E plan because it will allow you to communicate the success of your project to donors, which will allow you to continue to get funded. The chances of receiving continued funding for the project would be greatly reduced if you cannot provide convincing stats in your reports and proposals. Furthermore, constructing an MEL plan will help you to weigh the pros and cons of different indicators that your team is debating.

i agree with Darcygray, in addition to what he posted that is apart from communicating the success of your project to donors, it is also a way of ensuring accountability to funders. it will also show case the collection, collation and reporting of program reports and how your program will ensure timeliness and completeness of report to the funders

• just to add something Darcygray; i think its also important because it help to track if your project is meeting its objectives, thats the performance of the project.
    U
    1 Reply
  • The MEH manager should prepare a M &E plan so as to be able to measure the progress of the project and be in a position to make informed decisions that are in line with the objectives and expected outcomes of the project

Z
    M
    A
    B
    F
    5 Replies
  • I believe M&E plan you can use as a management tool for determine and tracking project activities, gathering related data and be sure of project success. Developing M&E plan including Logic Model gives you a map or view of all activities and could help you to define values of the project such as pointed in outputs and outcomes and the indicators allow to structure project activities and data collecting methods. M&E plan help you to understand a value of your project and it's input.

M
    A
    3 Replies
  • Hello guys! the discussion is getting quite interesting and I'll reiterate that M&E is very critical is assessing if the project is achieving its set targets and in the process of monitoring the development of the project, one is able to identify whether the strategic changes need to be reviewed accordingly. It is also a good enable for transparency and accountability to the donor which is very paramount for continuous funding.

W
    N
    2 Replies
  • @oolacosmas said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

Good morning/Afternoon or Evening whatever time it is, Manager i was thinking you should create an M&E plan because;- assess the stakeholders’ understanding of the project;
    -Determine and identify the problems associated with programme planning and implementation.
    -It will generate data that allows for cumulative learning which, in turn, contributes to better designed
    -It assists in the reformulation of objectives, policies, and strategies in projects

Absolutely agree with you! I think you have provided important statements for project management!

C
    2 Replies
  • Course Facilitator

I think that you should create an M&E plan because of the following reasons;
    1.you will able to measure the progress of the project.

1. It will help you track the performance and make informed decisions about the effectiveness of the project and efficience use of resourses
      3you will be able to measure how well the project activities and how much changes in otcomes can be directly linked the to the projects interventions.
    F
    2 Replies
  • @NJERI_KARIUKI said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

The MEH manager should prepare a M &E plan so as to be able to measure the progress of the project and be in a position to make informed decisions that are in line with the objectives and expected outcomes of the project

What do you think about input?

N
    1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

@Otiti said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think you should create an M&E plan to help you to identify the indicators and possible strategies for collecting data which is essential for our reporting and grant application. The plan highlights what should be measure, how it should measured,, people involved in the measurement and how long it should take for you to first.

well i agreewithe the reasons given but it also helps to make well imformed decisions about the the effectiveness of the projects and the use of resourses.

• Course Facilitator

@zheenbekovb said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

@oolacosmas said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

Good morning/Afternoon or Evening whatever time it is, Manager i was thinking you should create an M&E plan because;- assess the stakeholders’ understanding of the project;

Absolutely agree with you! I think you have provided important statements for project management!

well i agree with the reasons given but it also helps to make well imformed decisions about the the effectiveness of the projects and the use of resourses.

• M&E plan will help MEH to know if it is reaching its targets, using resources efficiently and identify challenges and successes and whether they are achieving what they planned

1 Reply
  • @jkurama said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think you should create an M&E plan because,
    It will clearly define what your project goals are and what you need to be measuring exactly like, the how many girl have got loans in 6 months, the M&E plan also helps to track the progress of the project and the direction its taking which helps to catch anything not going according to plan and rectify it immediately. An M&E Plan also helps measuring success of the project.

It's a nice one .

• I think that you should create an M&E plan because it will enable you to assign tasks to systematically collect data and analyze for you to know if the project in meeting its intended objectives

B
    2 Replies
  • I think that you should create an M&E plan because it helps you to create appropriate links with the creditors or donors in a comprehensive manner. Due to impressive proposal, with good budget design, donors will be lured and progressively continue funding. Donors release funds to clear and transparent budgetary reports with comprehensive statistics which are easy to monitor and evaluate. Therefore, coming up with MEL plan it helps to identify the strengths and weaknesses which similarly or adversely pronounced by your team. it also helps to identify the risks that may affect the project. it also assist the team to exercise professionalism in conducting project management. it helps the team to come up with effective project design for their management

2 Replies

I think that you should create an M&E plan because :

• it will help you in detecting and addressing any problem that may arise during implementation

• you will be able to measure accurately the impact of the project.

• it will also assist you in the annual report writing.

1 Reply
  • I think that you should create an M&E plan because it will enable you assign tasks on systematic collection of data and analysis aimed at determining the extend to which the planned activities relate to the actual carried out activities as well as the extent to which carried out activities are contributing in meeting the project objectives.

1 Reply
  • I think that you should create an M&E plan because it makes easier to make a project plan and monitor how it's going also to measure project outcomes.

1 Reply
  • I think you should make M&E plan to make sure the team know tiny details to reach the desired impact for society. This way we can measure whether we are doing the right thing at the right place. By efficiently placing our resources and knowing which stakeholder that we have to reach at the specific moment. Or if there are any problem, we can track our M&E back to see what we're missing and how to evaluate our program

• @Saleeman said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think that you should create an M&E plan because creating the plan make the project easier and faster. Doing this you will have to get an M&E officer to help you monitor i.e He/She will help to collect project information (data) regularly which will help you to measure the progress of the project and also help you evaluate how the project have achieve it goals.

I agree with the collecting data regularly do help the progress of project and evaluate it to achieve goals :)

• @simtasken87 said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think that you should create an M&E plan because it helps you to create appropriate links with the creditors or donors in a comprehensive manner. Due to impressive proposal, with good budget design, donors will be lured and progressively continue funding. Donors release funds to clear and transparent budgetary reports with comprehensive statistics which are easy to monitor and evaluate. Therefore, coming up with MEL plan it helps to identify the strengths and weaknesses which similarly or adversely pronounced by your team. it also helps to identify the risks that may affect the project. it also assist the team to exercise professionalism in conducting project management. it helps the team to come up with effective project design for their management

I think M&E is really good to measure the impact. And of course your argument about creditor and donor really have a point. Since they are also the stakeholder of the project

1 Reply
  • I think you should create an M&E Plan because it will help you design your implementation strategy for the collection, analysis and use of data needed for program / project management and it will enable you know what to be accountable to stakeholders.

2 Replies
  • I think creating one will help to understand the progress of the activity in relation to the time frame. Further it will help to see the effectiveness of the project outcomes are positively affecting the organisation.

1 Reply
  • I think that you should create M&E plan because it can satisfy donor requirements, it guide the work of M&E team across the life of the project as it the guide that defines data to be collected, have specific tools for data collection, it proposed timeline, give expected results, required resources and activities to be implemented.

• I think that you should create M&E plan because its will help the project to monitor their data collected i.e how many of the microloans has being given out at a particular period of time. Its will also enable you to know the strategic changes that will be applied if needs be. M&E plan will give room for proper accountability to the donors and allow proper decision making for the team either they are progressing or not.

T
    1 Reply
  • Creating M&E is highly important as it will give them foresight on the progress of their project. From the data collected and evaluated, they will see if they are progressing or failing in order to continue or take proper correction.

G
    1 Reply

Good day everyone. It is important to set an M and R plan

• As many have stated, an M&E plan helps the organisation to monitor its success by creating tangible and achievable targets. The targets if met would serve to reassure the project is on the right track. Failure to do so however will allow problems and difficulties to be identified and rectified in a timely manner. I assume it will also keep track of how efficiently teams are working and their effective use of resources available.

• It is important to periodically assess and adapt your activities to ensure they are as effective as they can be the plan can help you identify areas for improvement and ultimately help you realize your goals more efficiently. Additionally, when you share your results about what was more and less effective, you help advance environmental education and also the plan enables you to demonstrate your program’s success or progress. The information you collect allows you to better communicate your program's impact to others, which is critical for public relations, staff morale, and attracting and retaining support from current and potential funders.

• I think you need an M& E plan because,

1. At any time as a project you need to know what are your measurable goals and if you are working towards to achieve them and if not the right remedial actions are taken.
    2. Our project performance will need to be measured at annually so it will be easier to know how set targets for future.
      3 An M& E plan will work as a pointer for staff who are are looking for clients and disbursing loans of how far they should go and what are their limits in recruiting clients
    T
    1 Reply

Imagine that you are GOOD’s project manager. You are trying to convince MEH’s project manager to create an M&E plan. In the discussion forum, explain what you would you say to MEH’s project manager.

Respond to at least two of your peers’ messages. Which of the reasons for starting an M&E plan do you find the most convincing? Are there any other reasons for starting an M&E plan that your peer has missed?

I think M&E should be created for the benefit of focus and effectiveness in implementation of the project.

S
    1 Reply
  • I think you should create M&E plan because it will help you track the progress of your project to make sure you are not going off track.

T
    1 Reply
  • One of the major reasons why you should start an M&E plan is that it helps you see clearly what your project is trying to achieve and gives you a road map as to how to get there. Once you are not able to register the result of your actions/activities as reflected on your plan, you know immediately that you need to have a look at your plan and critique your processes. Ultimately, an M&E plan when executed, tells a story of project success reflecting project impact.

B
    1 Reply
  • I think that you should create an M&E plan because it shows a clear plan of how questions about the program need to be answered. It also helps an M&E officer to decide on how they are going to collect data to track the indicators.
    Finally I think that he should create an M&E plan because it helps on how the monitoring data will be analyzed and how results of data collection will be disseminated both to the donor and staff members for program improvement.

An M&E plan is a guide on how the intended activities of the project are going to be implemented and there sources required when to do what. The m&e plan will also show is responsible for which activity.

• It is important to periodically assess and adapt your activities to ensure they are as effective as they can be the plan can help you identify areas for improvement and ultimately help you realize your goals more efficiently. Additionally, when you share your results about what was more and less effective, you help advance environmental education and also the plan enables you to demonstrate your program’s success or progress. The information you collect allows you to better communicate your program's impact to others, which is critical for public relations, staff morale, and attracting and retaining support from current and potential funders.

1 Reply
  • M&E as a guide on implementation and resource use

D
    1 Reply
  • @Isese said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

One of the major reasons why you should start an M&E plan is that it helps you see clearly what your project is trying to achieve and gives you a road map as to how to get there. Once you are not able to register the result of your actions/activities as reflected on your plan, you know immediately that you need to have a look at your plan and critique your processes. Ultimately, an M&E plan when executed, tells a story of project success reflecting project impact.

I agree with your statement, but also M&E plan helps to make sure that data is being used efficiently to make programs as effective as possible and to be able to report results at the end of the program.

H
    1 Reply
  • @Otiti said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think you should create an M&E plan to help you to identify the indicators and possible strategies for collecting data which is essential for our reporting and grant application. The plan highlights what should be measure, how it should measured,, people involved in the measurement and how long it should take for you to first.

In addition to that it also helps with identifying the most valuable and efficient use of resources.

• I think you should have a clear M&E plan with measuring indicators on which you will know how the Project is running. It is also useful for reporting periodically or ad hoc. The M&E plan helps you to improve the Project and withdraw experienced lessons for next step/year.

N
    1 Reply
  • @MichaelTomoriBPharmMScMPH said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I agree with your all your submission except reduced funding, MEH would be de-funded,and chances of being funded for other projects would now be greatly reduced

• I think that they should create an M&E plan because creating the plan make the project easier and faster to identify the project .
    This project is designed to help to borrow money to girls, so they are require to create M&E toward their goal.

• @GIDOI said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

M&E as a guide on implementation and resource use
    Hi Gidoi, Furthermore, it is the backbone of any project, success and failures, targets versus achievements, with out it, no way to know if interventions have yielded expected outcomes and it is a major requirements by donors for any funded project.

• Even though the GOOD PM has a M&E plan, it is essential that the MEH project manager establishes a M&E plan too. Both are two different projects, GOOD will rely on MEH to achieve its result and MEH hopes to ensure that the funds released is used for it specific purpose. Part of MEH's plan should be to create a budget monitoring and evaluation plan where all financial assistants to GOOD project is monitored from first point (Point of disbursement) to the last point (The target girls) and also to ensure that the funds meet the need of the target individual.

• It helps to track implementation and outputs systematically, and measure the effectiveness of programmes. Further, it helps determine exactly when a programme is on track and when changes may be needed thus forming the basis for modification of interventions and assessing the quality of activities being conducted.

N
    1 Reply
  • M&E plan is important to the MEH as it will set the goals of the project and then team members could work towards achieving it. They will get to know how well they are preforming by deciding how their progress will be measured. The plan will also help them collect data which can be analysed to help improve performance. They are also able to report to their sponsors how well they performed with evidence to back their claims.

D
    A
    B
    3 Replies
  • I think (MEH) should create an M/E plan because it is a major requirement by donors for any funded project. The donor needs evidence (data) of your interventions and outcomes and without M/E plan, you cannot do this and most likely would be defunded and your good work would not yield the desired results. Also it helps you to monitor both success and failure, targets versus achievements and helps you identify ares of improvement. it is the M/E plan that would help you to know whether your interventions are yielding the desired outcomes.

• @Saleeman said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think that you should create an M&E plan because creating the plan make the project easier and faster. Doing this you will have to get an M&E officer to help you monitor i.e He/She will help to collect project information (data) regularly which will help you to measure the progress of the project and also help you evaluate how the project have achieve it goals.

To add on that, It helps determine exactly when a programme is on track and when changes may be needed thus forming the basis for modification of interventions and assessing the quality of activities being conducted.

• @Tekuor said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

M&E plan is important to the MEH as it will set the goals of the project and then team members could work towards achieving it. They will get to know how well they are preforming by deciding how their progress will be measured. The plan will also help them collect data which can be analysed to help improve performance. They are also able to report to their sponsors how well they performed with evidence to back their claims.

Your submissions are on point.

A
    1 Reply
  • I think you should create an M&E plan because it will clearly state the goals and objectives of the project and it will also help in the monitoring of the project activities. The M&E plan will also give guidance on data to be collected and to what extent, how will this data be collected and how it will be disseminated.the content of an M&E plan will also attract the attention of donors thus ensuring continuous funding of the project.

• Good day I think that you should create an M&E plan because

It provides the only integrated source of information showcasing project progress;

it allows to learn from each other’s experiences, building on expertise and knowledge;

It often generates (written) reports that contribute to transparency and accountability, and allows for lessons to be shared more easily;
    it reveals mistakes and offers paths for learning and improvements;

It provides a basis for questioning and testing assumptions;

It provides a means for agencies seeking to learn from their experiences and to incorporate them into policy and practice;

It provides a way to assess the crucial link between implementers and beneficiaries on the ground and decision-makers;

• @DProf said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

@Tekuor said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

M&E plan is important to the MEH as it will set the goals of the project and then team members could work towards achieving it. They will get to know how well they are preforming by deciding how their progress will be measured. The plan will also help them collect data which can be analysed to help improve performance. They are also able to report to their sponsors how well they performed with evidence to back their claims.

Your submissions are on point.

Good one

• @Tekuor said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

And in the long run, analyzing the data will help to make informed decisions

• @onyinyeokoye12 said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think you should create M&E plan because it will help you track the progress of your project to make sure you are not going off track.

in addition to tracking the progress, it helps to set the goals right from the outset so that team members are aware of what they have set out to achieve.

• Course Facilitator

@LawalGodwin said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

Good Day Gentlemen and Ladies, I think M& E is very important in this type of project

@LawalGodwin Please expatiate your answer it is a bit vague and not specific!

• I think that you should create an M&E plan because it helps the team to see their goals clearly, focus and see the outcome and reason out. In this the organization can easily maintain uncertainties or undesirable outcome before they affect the organization status for current and future based.

@Course_Operations said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

ink

• I think you should create an M&E in your project because it will help you to know the progress of the project and the impacts of the project. It will also help you to communicate the success of the the project to donors and when writing the annual report of the organization. it will also indicate the areas that did not do well and needs improvement or coming up with new approach.

• @doromankaa said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think you need an M& E plan because,

1. At any time as a project you need to know what are your measurable goals and if you are working towards to achieve them and if not the right remedial actions are taken.
    2. Our project performance will need to be measured at annually so it will be easier to know how set targets for future.
      3 An M& E plan will work as a pointer for staff who are are looking for clients and disbursing loans of how far they should go and what are their limits in recruiting clients

@doromankaa strong point made in point 1. the need to ensure that progress is tracked throughout the project's life and remedial actions taken cannot be over emphasized.

• Monitoring and Evaluation Plan is time specific and it is performed to judge whether a project has reached its goals and delivered what is expected according to its original plan. First of all, Monitoring and Evaluation(M&E) is important for one to assess that the project is achieving its set targets. It also helps with accountability.

D
    1 Reply
  • There is need for MEH to create M & E plan beacuse it help them to know how to collect and use data.They will be also be able to measure the progress of their activities over time.Here they can ascertain if the project objectives have been attained.

Creating an M&E plan should be part of the project's proposal for funding
    It is necessary to have an M&E plan on how the project will be monitored till its completion. With the help of indicators designed to monitor most activities of the project, thereby monitoring the progress/achievements of the project, it will be easy to determine if the project is on track or away from the desired outcomes.

• I think you should create an M&E plan because it will help you know whether you are meeting the objections of the project and also it will help you know the impact of the project. M&E plan will also guide you so that you do not lose track of the objectives. During the life of the project some interventions may be needed and you can only know when to intervene if you have an M&E plan.

M
    1 Reply

Good day! I think an M&E, of course, will allow you to communicate the success of your organization; but, that is if at all the story is a success story - it could as well be a failure, in which case you are still bound to submit such. In creating an M& E plan, the plan or focus should rather be on the goals and progress of MEH, and it's effect in real-time on its beneficiaries. Only when these aspects are duly monitored and evaluated can MEH hope for a good success story.

A
    1 Reply
  • m&E required for planning, evaluating progress or slump, restructuring plan as per evaluated data for ensuring progress and eleminating things that dont work for the project.monitoring will ensure productivity and best use of resources.evaluation will effect better results.
    Evaluation reports serve as basis for growth and progress year after year and pertinent data for stakeholders.

• Good day, sir/ madam.
    I think manager you need M&E plan this is because it will give a sense of direction on which way to go. The number of girls have to be known, the kind of business that can succeed in their environment have to be known, without having the data of the girls living the villages resources can be under utilize or wasted. Thank you.

hey @darcygray kindly give me examples of the pros and cons of the different indicators that MEH team MIGHT BE debating on in your view. i just want to understand possible case scenarios thatmight be encountered.

Good day @oolacosmas, I think it you have said it well. The main aim of creating an M&E is to monitor and evaluate MEH's project, using holistic tools designed by experts in the M&E profession, eliminating bias to generate credible data that both donors and beneficiaries will believe. Only thus would MEH hope for its future survival.

K
    1 Reply

M&E plan should actually be part of the project's proposal write-up and plan. It should highlight how the project's goals and objectives will be monitored and measured, including the strategies or interventions that will be implemented to attain the project's goals and objectives. M&E plan is the bedrock of any project because it will detail how to determine if the project is doing well or not. Evaluation plan will help to determine if the outcomes of the project can be linked to the project's interventions and strategies. Evaluation can also help to measure how well the project's activities have achieved the project's objectives.

T
    E
    2 Replies
  • It is important to have an M&E plan because it will let you know whether you are putting right efforts (inputs) in the right direction (outputs). This will help you understand why you want to implement this project, and what objectives you want to achieve.

E
    1 Reply
  • @Tonyful said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

@oolacosmas said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

Good day @oolacosmas, I think it you have said it well. The main aim of creating an M&E is to monitor and evaluate MEH's project, using holistic tools designed by experts in the M&E profession, eliminating bias to generate credible data that both donors and beneficiaries will believe. Only thus would MEH hope for its future survival.

@oolacosmas indeed simply well put. no additions or subtractions.

1 Reply
  • @DrTolulopeJayeoba said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

M&E plan should actually be part of the project's proposal write-up and plan. It should highlight how the project's goals and objectives will be monitored and measured, including the strategies or interventions that will be implemented to attain the project's goals and objectives. M&E plan is the bedrock of any project because it will detail how to determine if the project is doing well or not. Evaluation plan will help to determine if the outcomes of the project can be linked to the project's interventions and strategies. Evaluation can also help to measure how well the project's activities have achieved the project's objectives.

I agree that M&E should be part of MEH's project proposal. It would show some professionalism on MEH's part. Yet, an M&E in itself should be believable, and the only way to make it worthy of consideration is when the people to monitor and evaluate the projects are experts in the field, and not persons who have learned the procedures of M&E by rote. A strong M&E and a thorough follow-up, without bias, is a 90% guarantee of generating a positive result for stakeholders.

• I think MEH should create a M&E plan because in addition to my fellow peer's contribution it will show credibility and accountability of the project. as it stands right now MEH seems Like a dodgy project that simply got into it for the money. additionally a M&E plan will show the project's likelihood of continuity and sustenance which even though it may have does have the feasible data to support it.

S
    A
    2 Replies
  • @DrTolulopeJayeoba said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

Correctly put. The M & E plan is developed at the design stage of the project and extracted from the logframe which is included in the proposal. This guides effective implementation and produces results.

• @Abro said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

It is important to have an M&E plan because it will let you know whether you are putting right efforts (inputs) in the right direction (outputs). This will help you understand why you want to implement this project, and what objectives you want to achieve.

Inputs should be fully utilized to produce outputs and that will be assessed guided by the M & E plan.

• I think you should create an M& E plan because it a "map" that show the direction we would like the project to go towards. It not only gives the path to follow(activities) but where the destination(outcomes) will be by the end of the project. The M&E plan takes into consideration the risk involved, mitigation options and measurement of intervention. It allows for tangible information that is required for purposes of donor audits, legitimization and the overall project efficiency.

• Darcyray is right , however, not only will they be continued fund but the progress of the activity will be noted thus gaps in the project implementation will be noted. With the data collected it will be easy to create the target group , the area and the period when the activity can be achieved. This way , challenges can be noted and worked on within the time frame of the project or in the next extended period.
    Secondly, the project will easily translate data into useful information for use in upgrade of the targets and areas.

• Good day manager, hope you are doing well so far? Do you have a M and E plan for your project? If not, you should the following importance of Monitoring and Evaluation,
    Monitoring and evaluation are separate practices dedicated to the assessment of your NGO’s overall performance. Monitoring is a systematic and long-term process that gathers information in regards to the progress made by an implemented project. Evaluation is time specific and it’s performed to judge whether a project has reached its goals and delivered what expected according to its original plan.

First of all, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) are important for you to assess that your project is achieving set targets. For instance, by monitoring the development of the project you will easily understand whether strategic changes need to be made and act accordingly. Second, M&E are relevant to donors who need to assess whether your NGO is a reliable partner. By reviewing milestones and final outcomes of your projects, donors will decide on the accountability of your NGO, upon which further collaborations could be established. As such, to develop a strong M&E plan is of vital importance.

• M & E will also give your funders a full assurance that you are executing the said project.

• I think you should create an M&E plan because it will keep you grounded on your progress (both activities and results) throughout the implementation period

• I think you should create an M&E plan because,
    LAWALGODWIN
    about 6 hours ago
    Good Day Gentlemen and Ladies, I think M& E is very important in this type of project

Vote0
    L
    LYSLORE_REINE
    about 5 hours ago
    I think

• I think you should create an M & E plan because it will help you to measure the output and input given toward a project and it will help to know the level of attainment so far over a project.

S
    1 Reply
  • i really found this lecture very interesting,it even explained clearly on the concept of the m&E.

K
    1 Reply
  • I believe MEH should create an M&E plan because it will help them gather data on their initiative that can be used to scope out their weaknesses and strengths. MEH is focused on microloans while GOOD is centered on savings accounts; MEH has a higher risk than GOOD, thus, it is crucial for them to employ an M&E plan in order for them to be aware of the amount of microloans they have lent, how many have been paid, the amount of money they have left to lend, what was the microloan used for, percentages of businesses created with these microloans, amount other variants that could be evaluated. By gathering this data, MEH can learn where they can improve and thus, take action on these weaker areas. Also, they can use this data to create charts and information for shareholders, stockholders, investors, and/or interested parties. An M&E plan can structure the initiative and help lead it on the path to success.

It will also help all the team member to be on the same page.

• @zheenbekovb said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I believe M&E plan you can use as a management tool for determine and tracking project activities, gathering related data and be sure of project success. Developing M&E plan including Logic Model gives you a map or view of all activities and could help you to define values of the project such as pointed in outputs and outcomes and the indicators allow to structure project activities and data collecting methods. M&E plan help you to understand a value of your project and it's input.

Hello! I think all this is very good, In addition an M&E plan will help MEH to know the progress of the project, analyzing the current situation, identifying problems and possible solutions, trends and patterns, measuring progress, making decisions through registry and reports.

M
    1 Reply

I think that you should create an M & E plan because having this plan will lead you to create a valuable project. If you have a successful M&E plan then you can have a successful project. It will also help you track your data easily.

• @zheenbekovb said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I believe M&E plan you can use as a management tool for determine and tracking project activities, gathering related data and be sure of project success. Developing M&E plan including Logic Model gives you a map or view of all activities and could help you to define values of the project such as pointed in outputs and outcomes and the indicators allow to structure project activities and data collecting methods. M&E plan help you to understand a value of your project and it's input.

Hello! An M & E plan allows you to know the relevance of the strategies implemented, execute timely actions that allow you to anticipate the problems, guarantee the sustainability of the projects and provide feedback to the decision-making processes within the framework of medium- and long-term planning.

K
    1 Reply
  • @Marizolg12 said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

@zheenbekovb said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

Hello! I think all this is very good, In addition an M&E plan will help MEH to know the progress of the project, analyzing the current situation, identifying problems and possible solutions, trends and patterns, measuring progress, making decisions through registry and reports.

I agree with you.there is really a need to have a better M&E plan

• Dear Manager of MEH,

Creating an M&E plan for your program is much more than just collecting data. I think you should create an M&E plan because this will help you with planning, execution, and reporting. Initially, an M&E plan will help you allocate your resources properly and assist in the preparation stages for your program. Knowing which factors to monitor will also help as your program moves forward, not only to gauge your success and make sure you are on track to reach your goals, but also to identify any potential issues or pitfalls that may negatively impact the success of the program. Your M&E plan will also help you clearly define and illustrate success to your stakeholders in a concrete way. This is a hugely beneficial step in the process!

• @Eli-Jay said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

I think you should create an M & E plan because it will help you to measure the output and input given toward a project and it will help to know the level of attainment so far over a project.

Which of the reasons for starting an M&E plan do you find the most convincing? Are there any other reasons for starting an M&E plan that your peer has missed?
    I agree that the M&E plan will help measure outputs and inputs, but also, it will help MEH establish other goals, have proof for donors, investors, shareholders etc. and help make the initiative a success. By creating this plan, MEH can ensure their goals are met and correctly implemented.

• @NJERI_KARIUKI said in Module 1 Discussion: The Importance of M&E:

The MEH manager should prepare a M &E plan so as to be able to measure the progress of the project and be in a position to make informed decisions that are in line with the objectives and expected outcomes of the project

Hi! I Think the (M & E) would be an essential tool for the design, planning, evaluation and measurement of the MEH objectives and how they could be evaluated or corrected, if necessary

A
    2 Replies
Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.