Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Staff

Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!

Hello Learners,

Welcome to the course discussion board!

The first step in the course is to post a response to this thread answering the questions below, and to read and respond to the posts of others.

After submitting your post answering these questions, please reply to at least one other learner who has posted before you to welcome them. Feel free to ask questions about their work, goals, and backgrounds.

Happy learning!

1. What is your name? Where are you joining from?

2. Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role?

3. What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?

4. Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.

1. Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!
    E
    S
    L
    L
    B
    75 Replies
  • 457 Replies
  • @Course_Operations said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hello Learners,

The first step in the course is to post a response to this thread answering the questions below, and to read and respond to the posts of others.

After submitting your post answering these questions, please reply to at least one other learner who has posted before you to welcome them. Feel free to ask questions about their work, goals, and backgrounds.

Happy learning!

3. What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?

4. Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.

1. Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!

Hi everyone, my name is Ndi Emmanuel and l am joining from Lincoln, Nebraska.
    I am the Chief Engagement Officer of a local community based group here in Lincoln. My goal is to gain skills that could help my group to raise funds for their programs and projects.
    I love to work in teams because l believe together everyone achieves more.
    I don't have have any experience in this field but l have read about persuasion.

A
    2 Replies
  • Hi colleagues, my name is Thabo Ncube and I'm from Johannesburg, South Africa.
    I am a Co-Director of a Non Profitable Organization(NPO) in Johannesburg.
    I am very passionate about empowerment to the disadvantaged, and therefore my goal is to acquire and empower myself
    with adequate information that I will share with my counterparts, in an effort to understand the processes of seeking funds
    and how to run an NPO.
    I am a team player, as I believe that team work can bring out diverse ideas and solutions to simplify problems.
    No experience at all, just general knoeledge.

W
    M
    M
    A
    D
    5 Replies
  • Hello Everyone,

My name is Wambui joining you from Nairobi.

I work in a finance department that oversees project activities in peace building.

My goal is to learn how to fundraise for the organization and also build networks

S
    W
    C
    5 Replies
  • @ttau365 said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hi colleagues, my name is Thabo Ncube and I'm from Johannesburg, South Africa.
    I am a Co-Director of a Non Profitable Organization(NPO) in Johannesburg.
    I am very passionate about empowerment to the disadvantaged, and therefore my goal is to acquire and empower myself
    with adequate information that I will share with my counterparts, in an effort to understand the processes of seeking funds
    and how to run an NPO.
    I am a team player, as I believe that team work can bring out diverse ideas and solutions to simplify problems.
    No experience at all, just general knoeledge.

Karibu (Swahili for Welcome) Thabo we learn together!

• Hello everyone,My name is kugororoka gervais, i am joining from Burundi,Bujumbura.
    I am the Chaplain of a christian school located in Burundi,
    My goal is to gain skills that could help the head of the school to raise funds for the desadventaged and oppressed kids
    I like working in teams because we can reach far away and more achievements
    I don't have much expériences to this,just some knowledge

1 Reply
  • @Course_Operations said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Hi Everyone
      My name is Sherrie Donaldson , from Johannesburg, South Africa
    1. Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role?
      I have my own business and have clients that want help with fundraising so I want to learn more

2. What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?
      I have done some fundraising in South Africa and have been successful with 1 funding provider - I want to learn more so I can improve my success rate

3. Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.
      Yes I would be keen

4. Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!
      In a previous role I was successful in applying for funding from the Jobs fund in South Africa for 2 projects and had 4 more in the pipeline when I had to move on

B
    1 Reply
  • @Wamz said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hello Everyone,

I work in a finance department that oversees project activities in peace building.

My goal is to learn how to fundraise for the organization and also build networks

Dear Wambui
    Welcome to the course, I look forward to learning from you

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

1. What is your name? Where are you joining from? My name is Adedeji from Nigeria

2. Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role? Yes lam working with organisation called Betterliving foundation and capacity developments in western Nigeria

3. What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work? My goals for my organisation is

1. To have a new dimension on how to raise fund within our locality for my organisation
    2. Raising fund without international intervention
    1. Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.
      yes I am very much interested to work with teams

2. Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!
      Still learning

O
    1 Reply
  • Hello everyone,
    I am by name Dominic Oyom Luchano Achaha and i am joining from Juba, South Sudan.
    I am the Director of Organization for National Charity and Empowerment (ONCE)
    My main objective is to involve fully in the training and gain sufficient knowledge and skills on how to mobilize funds.
    I am more interested like yesterday; indeed a team who brainstorm and learn together always come out with positive results.
    Fund raising begins with the individual or members contribution in the organization apart from the contribution from government offices, companies and other private sectors through writing to them a formal request with a proper proposal attached therein. On the same, much or part of contribution might come from other big non-governmental organization through proposal writing. These are the few i can present and thanks.

F
    1 Reply

Hello Learners,
    I am Enock Nkulanga based in Uganda for now. I am the National Director for African Children's Mission www.africanchildrensmission.org and also the founder of LeadMinds Africa. I am looking to learning with you all. This course is going to boost my understanding in the area of fundraising since I am in the Non-profit field and we rely so much on fundraising.
    This is not my first time on this platform. I have taken a course before by Dr. Tom Wolf which is focused on ''connecting with Donors''. After the course, i bought all the books written by the instructor and from that day, I have been directly involved in fundraising for the NGO i work for. I have tremendously improved in the ''how'' of telling our story to prospects and donors. Recently in July of 2018, Barack Obama recognized the work we do in East Africa during the Mandela Lecture and it is continuing to be an inspiring journey. I am here again to learn more and be equipped for other greater tasks ahead.
    Much respect to all the people who value learning. It is the best we can do for ourselves!

Happy learning!

Hello everyone, I am Enock Nkulanga from Uganda. I founded LeadMinds Africa, a non-profit organization whose mission is to develop the next generation of accountable leaders on the African Continent. I also work full time for African Children's Mission

D
    N
    3 Replies
  • Hie guys my name is Nomathamsanqa ngwenya I'm from South Africa. I work for an organization called The best of the best (TBOTB) ND our motor is The generation to save Africa, I'm the leader of the marketing team in our organizatio,. I would love to work with a team because I believe that everyone has something to teach someone, so I'm ready to learn. This course will help me lead my team better and as I learn I will be happy to pass on the knowledge to them

1 Reply

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Rahmat Egbeyemi. I am joining from Nigeria

Yes, I am working for MPAC as Director fundraising

My goal for the course is to get strategically equipped to methods of raising funds to be able to sustain the objectives/vision of my organization.

Yes I don’t mind joining a team with related organizational role

5. Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!
      I don’t have any experience at all

R

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

My name is Shane Wright. I am joining this course from Kingston, Jamaica. The organization I am working with is an Entertainment and Arts Development Company I founded in 2014. I guess that makes me the Founding President & Executive Director. My main goal in doing this course is to gain insight on how to properly raise funds in aid of helping others to develop their talents in the industry. It is challenging to do fundraising without the right tools to do it and I think if it is not done in a way that is effective, we would be wasting time and energy achieving nothing.
    I am interested in joining a team for this course as it should aid in the success of meeting the learning objectives. The only experience I can recall is the failed attempt at raising funds for my tuition in the past three years. I am still assessing where I went wrong in all the planning. Some of the factors included the time of the event, lack of aggressive promotion and marketing, and not many people were talking about the event. As part of getting it right the next time, I decided to take a course in fundraising.

K
    1 Reply
  • @nngwenya206 said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hie guys my name is Nomathamsanqa ngwenya I'm from South Africa. I work for an organization called The best of the best (TBOTB) ND our motor is The generation to save Africa, I'm the leader of the marketing team in our organizatio,. I would love to work with a team because I believe that everyone has something to teach someone, so I'm ready to learn. This course will help me lead my team better and as I learn I will be happy to pass on the knowledge to them

Hi Nomathamsanqa ngwenya! Welcome to the course. I hope we will be able to learn as much as we can so as to help our organizations grow beyond set expectations.

N
    2 Replies
  • @lmafrica18 said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

@Course_Operations said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hello Learners,
    I am Enock Nkulanga based in Uganda for now. I am the National Director for African Children's Mission www.africanchildrensmission.org and also the founder of LeadMinds Africa. I am looking to learning with you all. This course is going to boost my understanding in the area of fundraising since I am in the Non-profit field and we rely so much on fundraising.
    This is not my first time on this platform. I have taken a course before by Dr. Tom Wolf which is focused on ''connecting with Donors''. After the course, i bought all the books written by the instructor and from that day, I have been directly involved in fundraising for the NGO i work for. I have tremendously improved in the ''how'' of telling our story to prospects and donors. Recently in July of 2018, Barack Obama recognized the work we do in East Africa during the Mandela Lecture and it is continuing to be an inspiring journey. I am here again to learn more and be equipped for other greater tasks ahead.
    Much respect to all the people who value learning. It is the best we can do for ourselves!

Happy learning!

Hello everyone, I am Enock Nkulanga from Uganda. I founded LeadMinds Africa, a non-profit organization whose mission is to develop the next generation of accountable leaders on the African Continent. I also work full time for African Children's Mission

Nice Enock. Looking forward to learning and working with you. Maybe my team and yours can connect in the future to help with the missions.

• @Emmaviet19 said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

@Course_Operations said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Hi everyone, my name is Ndi Emmanuel and l am joining from Lincoln, Nebraska.
    I am the Chief Engagement Officer of a local community based group here in Lincoln. My goal is to gain skills that could help my group to raise funds for their programs and projects.
    I love to work in teams because l believe together everyone achieves more.
    I don't have have any experience in this field but l have read about persuasion.

Looking forward to working with you Ndi Emmanuel.

• Hello everyone,
    I am Benjamin Amos and i am joining from Dar es salaam, Tanzania.
    I am an Intern in Finance Dept. at Campaign for Female Education, where I support financial Journal Preparations, support documentation management, tallying and reviewing grants and bursaries, My main objective is to involve fully in the training and gain sufficient knowledge and skills on how to mobilize funds.
    I am interested to work in teams because l believe together everyone achieves more.
    No experience at all, just general knowledge.

• @shandrewright7 said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

@nngwenya206 said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hie guys my name is Nomathamsanqa ngwenya I'm from South Africa. I work for an organization called The best of the best (TBOTB) ND our motor is The generation to save Africa, I'm the leader of the marketing team in our organizatio,. I would love to work with a team because I believe that everyone has something to teach someone, so I'm ready to learn. This course will help me lead my team better and as I learn I will be happy to pass on the knowledge to them

Hi Nomathamsanqa ngwenya! Welcome to the course. I hope we will be able to learn as much as we can so as to help our organizations grow beyond set expectations.

That's the plan Shane, n thanks for the warm welcome

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

My name is Mary joining you from Johannesburg.
      I work for Angels of Light Foundation as an Administrator.
      My goal is to learn how to fundraise for the organization
  • @shandrewright7 said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hi Noma. Looking forward to collaborating with you in this course

S
    1 Reply
  • Hello everyone.
    My name is Vasco sikanyeu and joining you from the lovely country of Zambia. i work for myself as the director. my organisation is a cooperative focusing on fish production among small scale farmers. The objective of taking this course is to learn how one can source for funds and ensure that the donors are kept happy. The funds will help to improve the livelihood of the local communities, ensuring that they become sustainable farmers.
    joining a working group is one things im looking for so that together we can be agents of change and become friends for life.
    I have done a bit of fund raising for my previously organisation. i used to raise funds for the annual agricultural shows.

• @MaryKuzvidza said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

@shandrewright7 said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hie Nomathamsanga, thanks for sharing your motivation for taking the course.
    its nice to hear that you are already helping the need. The TBOTB organisation seems to be interesting. what is the concept of your organisation?
    Ilook forward studying with you.
    vasco

K
    1 Reply
  • @Sikujah said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

@MaryKuzvidza said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

@shandrewright7 said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hie Nomathamsanga, thanks for sharing your motivation for taking the course.
    its nice to hear that you are already helping the need. The TBOTB organisation seems to be interesting. what is the concept of your organisation?
    Ilook forward studying with you.
    vasco

Всім привіт ! Я з України. Мене звати Володимир. Я не працюю в організації, але хотів би працювати в команді. Досвіду з цим курсом не маю.Моя мета- отримати знання та навчитися збирати кошти для одиноких людей похилого віку (70-90 років) та надавати їм різносторонню допомогу.

• Hello!
    I am Ripan Kumar Mondal, Plant Pathologist, working for BRAC(NGO) as a sector Specialist in Bngladesh. My goal is to achieve Knowledge and skill about fundraising that could help my organization for raise funds for their program and projects. I really love to work in a team as a team player. I belief that working with team create high opportunity to learn. I don't have any experience but I try to learn.

• Dear,
    Looking forward to collaborate with you in the course and I like to learn together.

A
    1 Reply

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

I am Abiola Oyekunle and joining in from Lagos Nigeria
    1. Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role?
      I am a Banker but taking this course for my personal business which I do part time, mentoring Teens and empowering youths
    1. What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?
      My goal is to learn how to raise funds for my youth empowerment projects
    1. Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.
      Absolutely yes!

2. Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!

No experience.

• @ripan1986 said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Dear,
    Looking forward to collaborate with you in the course and I like to learn together.

You are welcome onboard. I wish you a great learning experience

• Hello,
    I am Philippe from Congo (Democratic Republic of). I am interested in M&E and fundraising. thank you for enrolling me.
    Regards.

What is your name? Where are you joining from?
    Hello! I am Camille and I'm in Nashville, TN.

Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role?
    I work for Second Harvest Food Bank on our development team.

What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?
    I hope to learn more about overall fundraising and be able to implement some better practices for my office.

Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.

Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!
    I do work in fundraising so I do have some experience in asking for money through personal, proposal and direct mail asks.

• Hello all, my name is Fortress joining from Nigeria. I am the Niger State coordinator for Young Professionals Mentoring Initiative of Nigeria (YoPMIN). My goal is achieve competence in fundraising, that i may contribute to effective fundraising for YoPMIN programmes/projects. I would desire to work in a team to reap the inalienable benefits thereof.
    I do not have any prior experience, but will give in my all.
    Thanks

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Hello Everyone!
    My Name is Mohammad Omar MAJEEDI, from Kabul Afghanistan, I am one of the founding members of the Afghan Organization for Migration – AOM NGO in Afghanistan and we have just registered our NGO www.afgmigration.org
    I have worked with NGOs and UN Agencies for almost 18 years, and finally with a group of friends from different sectors in Afghanistan have agreed and established the mentioned NGO, and its really important for me to know the basics of fundraising so that we could be able to make our NGO stand on its feet and help and assist, the migrants and communities in the country. I would love to join the teams within the course in order to learn from the vast experience of other ad finally no specific experience in fundraising that is why I am here.
    Best Regards,
    MAJEEDI,

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Am Laurencia Parker. I work for no organization at the moment. My goal is to successfully finish up with this course because I want to fund my small business am trying to set up. I am interested in joining your team. Just that I have no experience related to this course.
    Thank you.

1 Reply
  • Hello dear colleagues!
    I am Bienvenu BAVUGABATAZIMANA from kigali-Rwanda
    I am a Community health development facilitator in my non profit organization
    I have been involved in fundraising area in order to help my staff members for reaching our goals
    Hence i am here to learn more and improve my skills about how to raise funds
    I really like to work in team and i hope i will reach considerable results together with you

1 Reply
  • @0786124735 said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hello dear colleagues!
    I am Bienvenu BAVUGABATAZIMANA from kigali-Rwanda
    I am a Community health development facilitator in my non profit organization
    I have been involved in fundraising area in order to help my staff members for reaching our goals
    Hence i am here to learn more and improve my skills about how to raise funds
    I really like to work in team and i hope i will reach considerable results together with you

Pleased to collaborate with you my dear!
    Best regards

• @LaurenciaParker said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Am Laurencia Parker. I work for no organization at the moment. My goal is to successfully finish up with this course because I want to fund my small business am trying to set up. I am interested in joining your team. Just that I have no experience related to this course.
    Thank you.

Pleased to collaborate and to be with you on this board. wish you goodluck
    welcome!

• Hello everyone, my name is Thomas Sankara and I come from Rwanda. I have joined this course because I would like to obtain knowledge on fundraising. I am also a student at the University of Tourism, Technology and Business studies in Kigali. It's an honor to be part of this course.

• My name is John Kelvin Hove form Zimbabwe. I don't work for any organisation at the moment, am still studying (BA in Development Studies). My goals for this course to understand the concept of fundrising and being able to know how to go about it. Joining a team is my wish. I don't have any experience related to this course.

N
    1 Reply

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

1. My name is Tendai Mutsambiwa, Im comming from Gweru in Zimbabwe.
      2.Im not working for any organisation now.
    2. I would like to help with my church in the fundraising department
    3. Yes would really ove to be part of a team for the course
    4. No experience yet
  • @johnkelvinhove said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

My name is John Kelvin Hove form Zimbabwe. I don't work for any organisation at the moment, am still studying (BA in Development Studies). My goals for this course to understand the concept of fundrising and being able to know how to go about it. Joining a team is my wish. I don't have any experience related to this course.

Hi john,

F
    1 Reply
  • My name is Francis Munyigi I am from Naivasha Kenya ,am glad join thousand of learners in the world to this topic of introduction to fund raising,will also be glad to join a team so that we work together to achieve our goal that we hope all to attain. My goal for this course is to gain maximum experience know how to fund-raise for a particular course and how to use them to uplift peoples life. have no any experience on this and it is my hope i will be able to achieve and know much about it with the help of my peers i hope to gain what i yearn for.

• @noreent said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

@johnkelvinhove said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

My name is John Kelvin Hove form Zimbabwe. I don't work for any organisation at the moment, am still studying (BA in Development Studies). My goals for this course to understand the concept of fundrising and being able to know how to go about it. Joining a team is my wish. I don't have any experience related to this course.

Hi john,

welcome lets travel together

• @OYOM said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hello everyone,
    I am by name Dominic Oyom Luchano Achaha and i am joining from Juba, South Sudan.
    My main objective is to involve fully in the training and gain sufficient knowledge and skills on how to mobilize funds.
    I am more interested like yesterday; indeed a team who brainstorm and learn together always come out with positive results.
    Fund raising begins with the individual or members contribution in the organization apart from the contribution from government offices, companies and other private sectors through writing to them a formal request with a proper proposal attached therein. On the same, much or part of contribution might come from other big non-governmental organization through proposal writing. These are the few i can present and thanks.

lets have great time together as we study

K
    N
    2 Replies

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Hi all, My name is Sherry Deal and I reside in Georgia in the U.S.
    My passion is in helping those who have a difficult time obtaining a job due to their criminal background, primarily misdemeanors. Unfortunately I've see where a lot of young adults who have made mistakes growing up and when they begin looking for a job doors are shut in their face constantly. This usually result in them not being able to become productive citizens in the community and unable to support their family this thus they begin wondering if it's better to live a life of crime.

My goal is to give them a 2nd chance by offering them paid training and assisting them in obtaining a job. I have no experience in this arena, it's all very new to me, but through this course and other courses I'm hopeful I'll have a better clue on how to get started. Looking forward to learning with each of you.

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

I am pir Umair khan from pakistan.
    No.
    To understand the course and use it for the benefits of the society.
    Yes.
    No.

• I am Kelechi Amadi joining from Imo State Nigeria. I work for a non-governmental organisation as Secretary.
    I want to learn the skills of fund raising. i want to join a team and I do not have any previous experience on the course.

• @sldeal said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

My passion is in helping those who have a difficult time obtaining a job due to their criminal background, primarily misdemeanors. Unfortunately I've see where a lot of young adults who have made mistakes growing up and when they begin looking for a job doors are shut in their face constantly. This usually result in them not being able to become productive citizens in the community and unable to support their family this thus they begin wondering if it's better to live a life of crime.

My goal is to give them a 2nd chance by offering them paid training and assisting them in obtaining a job. I have no experience in this arena, it's all very new to me, but through this course and other courses I'm hopeful I'll have a better clue on how to get started. Looking forward to learning with each of you.

Dear Sherry,
    Its good to have you here. Hoping to have a good learning experience here. welcome

V
    1 Reply
  • @Framunga said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

@OYOM said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hello everyone,

lets have great time together as we study

Dear Dominic,
    Feels good to have you here. Hoping to have a wonderful learning experience with you on board

• Hi everyone,My name is Rumbidzai Mudimu and i am joining you from Botswana.I am currently volunteering with the Cancer Association of Botswana as the Fundraising ,Marketing and communication coordinator.My goal is to learn as much as i can in regards to my post and equip myself with knowledge that i need to excel in fundraising as well as advocacy campaigns

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Hello people,
    Am Rachel Kwasu from Abuja Nigeria, currently not employed but working towards getting employed soon.i really would love to work with a team,as in join a team to aid my studying on this platform because I have absolutely no afore knowledge of this course. It truly feels great to be here.

• Hey everyone!
    My name is Veronika and I am joining you from Denmark, though I am half-Italian and half-Austrian.
    I am currently unemployed, having graduated in December. Since then, I have been focusing on improving my Danish and have been looking for an internship or entry-level position in NGOs based in Copenhagen.
    I have worked in communications before and am enrolling in this course, because I would like to improve my fundraising skills and understanding of outreach strategies.
    I prefer to work independently, because I probably have very different schedules depending on the week.

I see many of you have positions in NGOs and other initiatives, and so many of you are self-starters! That's truly inspiring!
    I myself have worked with international NGOs like Amnesty International and also worked one year with the UN in the Philippines.

I look forward to learning with you and hope that this course will help me develop new skills to improve my chances of finding a job.
    Cheers,
    Veronika

M
    1 Reply
  • @KelechiIhejiaba said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

@sldeal said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Dear Sherry,
    Its good to have you here. Hoping to have a good learning experience here. welcome

Hi Sherry,
    Sounds like you have an ambitious and very laudable goal! I was talking to a friend recently about her experiences in volunteering with NGOs working with homeless people and how often one of the main problems they face, is helping homeless people find and keep a job. We would love to start something to create the change we want to see, but financing is the first hurdle we encountered when talking about it even just superficially. Hopefully we all learn from this course how to think strategically about fundraising opportunities!
    Veronika

S
    1 Reply
  • Hi Everyone, I am Kinjal Maru from Mumbai, India.
    I am currently working as an HR consultant in Developmental sector and visiting lecturer for HR subjects at various management colleges in Mumbai. I love to work with marginalized communities and hence I am always on the look for groups to start various projects in upscaling. For the number of projects, funding is essential at the start and hence I would love to learn to raise funds for social and sustainable causes.
    I would love to join a team as it would enrich my learning from interactions.
    I lack formal experience; however, informally I constantly ask relatives and family to contribute to various projects.

• Hello Learners,

My name is John Heineman and I am from Lincoln, NE. I work for summer camps in Minnesota as the alumni manager. I am new to the fundraising experience as a retired teacher and want to become more comfortable in my role as a fundraiser.

• My name is Fatmata Elizabeth Chendeka

• My name is Fatmata Elizabeth Chendeka and I'm a student of Njala university Bo campus Sierra Leone,studying higher Diploma in Public Health

1 Reply
  • Hello everyone. My name is Oluwatosin from Lagos in Nigeria.

Am currently working as a Laboratory technician in a private hospital.

I like the courses offered in Philanthropy University that's why I'm joining this new course again to explore in the field of fundraising.

I'd love to meet you so we can study together and I'd also love to work with a team if available.

Here's is my WhatsApp contact+2347063120328 or on Facebook: YungDr Oluwa toseen. Thanks all 😘👌

• @ElizabethChendeka said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

My name is Fatmata Elizabeth Chendeka and I'm a student of Njala university Bo campus Sierra Leone,studying higher Diploma in Public Health

Good to have you Elizabeth 😁👌

• Hello, I am Akina Lee from Hong Kong. I am a banker in private banking division. I wish to set up a charity fund for animals. Learning fundraising is an essential step towards my goal. I love to join a team for this course if possible.

C
    N
    Q
    3 Replies
  • Hi! I'm Rob Kinslow, joining from just north of Boston (Medford, MA). By day I'm vp of life sciences for a medical/healthcare marketing agency. I am also finishing a master's in divinity and preparing to become a Unitarian Universalist minister. I have just completed a 2-year internship as student minister at First Parish Church in Taunton, Massachusetts, where I plan to launch a nonprofit program called Meaning of Magic, in which I will teach middle school (grades 5, 6 and 7) students in this city how to learn and perform magic.

My goals for this course are to level-set on starting and running a nonprofit, and to update what knowledge I have on the subject. I have nonprofit experience, having worked for a not-for-profit hospital for 10 years and being very active in fundraising there. I also was a writer for a now-defunct magazine, New England Nonprofit Quarterly. I would be very interested in joining a team for this course. In my online classes in seminary, I've found it extremely helpful to partner with another student (usually by Zoom) on a weekly basis.

Hello Learners,
    Hello

Happy learning!

Ikyegh Jessica

No

want to learn more about fund raising and learn more from others

yes

5. Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!

No experience

• Hello Everyone,
    My name is Peter joining from Nairobi - Kenya.

I am an IT operations manager for the organization I work with.

My goal for the course is to learn about funds mobilization to help support the programs our organization run by being part of the fundraising team.

I'm more than happy to join a team and work together throughout the course.

Unfortunately, I have no experience regarding the course. This is my first interaction with this course.

Thanks and best of luck to everyone!

• Hi team,
    Am Tambwe Wilfred from Tanzania, Am working with Non government Organization.
    My target is to get skills that could help my group to raise funds in our organization.
    I dont have any experience in this course.
    Thanks.

K
    1 Reply

Hello Everyone,

Hello, Am Tambwe Wilfred, from Tanzania. You are most welcom.

• Hallo All.

I am Joshua oprong working as project manager in ICT, i grew up seeing my late dad initiating projects geared towards uplifting social economic welfare of the community but most of us did not understand the" how" of raising funds for the project. Lately i have been planning to pick up some of his "orphans" projects and pusj them forward but due to limitation we have with funds i have been motivated to study and gain knowleadge in fund raising and engaging with right people who can help in realising dreams of my dad.

K
    1 Reply
  • Hello people,
    My name is Rachel Kwasu from Abuja Nigeria and I am currently unemployed but working on getting employed. I am really hoping to increase my knowledge and broaden my horizons in other to better my immediate community and my future employers .

• @Oprong said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hallo All.

I am Joshua oprong working as project manager in ICT, i grew up seeing my late dad initiating projects geared towards uplifting social economic welfare of the community but most of us did not understand the" how" of raising funds for the project. Lately i have been planning to pick up some of his "orphans" projects and pusj them forward but due to limitation we have with funds i have been motivated to study and gain knowleadge in fund raising and engaging with right people who can help in realising dreams of my dad.

Welcome on board, nice to meet u

• @WilfredTambwe said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hi team,
    Am Tambwe Wilfred from Tanzania, Am working with Non government Organization.
    My target is to get skills that could help my group to raise funds in our organization.
    I dont have any experience in this course.
    Thanks.

Welcome teammate, Nice to meet you

• @VDAnna said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

@KelechiIhejiaba said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Dear Sherry,

Hi Sherry,
    Sounds like you have an ambitious and very laudable goal! I was talking to a friend recently about her experiences in volunteering with NGOs working with homeless people and how often one of the main problems they face, is helping homeless people find and keep a job. We would love to start something to create the change we want to see, but financing is the first hurdle we encountered when talking about it even just superficially. Hopefully we all learn from this course how to think strategically about fundraising opportunities!
    Veronika

Hi Veronika,
    Thanks so much for the heads up. I know my goal is a tough one. I was told of a church that tries to help ex-prisoners land a job. I'm not to sure what their success rate is like, but I've seen were good people made bad decision in life, but they now want to turn their life around and be able to support their family or just themselves. Mine is a dream that I would love to make a reality. This course is my first step. I so look forward to learning with everyone.

U
    1 Reply
  • Hello everyone, my name is Biswash and iam joining from Kathmandu, Nepal. Iam currently working at King's College, Kathmandu, Nepal. Iam working as MBA Coordinator of MBA Nonprofit and MBA Agribusiness degree. My goal is to grab the technical, theoretical concept of fundraising skills so that i can teach other graduates in MBA Nonprofit course as well as apply the concept in NGO/INGO where i might work in near future. I would love to work in team in the near future after. I have worked in a few organizations where i have been directly involved in fundraising and grant writing. I would love to write more in class later.

U
    1 Reply
  • I am Dike Mbah Joseph
    From Nigeria in Africa.
    I have higher national diploma in Statistics.
    I have the interest of building a global fund that will see to the welfare of the less privileged ones. Pay school fees of people that require such help, check and control reviewing ailments, such as HIV/AIDS, VVF, down syndrome, albino, etc and settlement of healthcare bills of the down trodden.
    Undertaking this course is very crucial to feat above and will enhance our credibility in the nearest time.

U
    1 Reply
  • Hallo am Sal from Nairobi Kenya. I have no experience in this and am looking forward to learning and understanding fundraising in depth. I believe in team work to get more work done.

U
    1 Reply
  • Hello Sir/Madam,
    am ousman ceesay from the Gambia west Africa. am a teacher by profession and am teaching level four.
    My goals to the course is to have skills in fundraising so that funds can be raised to help the people in my community.
    Yes,i would like to join a team for this cause i believe in working together with people.
    i have no experience in this course

U
    1 Reply
    1. Ufok Ibekwe is my name and Iam joining from the city of Abuja, Nigeria
      2.. Iam the head of a newly set up organisation called Integrity Conscience Initiative
      3.I enrolled in this course to learn how to raise funds to carry out the anti corruption campaigns and humanitarian objectives of my organisation.
    2. I will be glad to join and work with a team for this course
    3. I do not possess any experience on funds raising techniques
  • @maxs said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hello Sir/Madam,
    am ousman ceesay from the Gambia west Africa. am a teacher by profession and am teaching level four.
    My goals to the course is to have skills in fundraising so that funds can be raised to help the people in my community.
    Yes,i would like to join a team for this cause i believe in working together with people.
    i have no experience in this course

Hi Ousman, Iam Ufok Ibekwe from Abuja , Nigeria. Iam a Lawyer by profession. I look forward to more interactions from you as we commence this course soon

• @wsalyn said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hallo am Sal from Nairobi Kenya. I have no experience in this and am looking forward to learning and understanding fundraising in depth. I believe in team work to get more work done.

Hello Sai, Iam Ufok Ibekwe from Abuja , Nigeria. Iam a Lawyer by profession. I look forward to more interactions from you as we commence this course soon

• @josephmbahdike said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

I am Dike Mbah Joseph
    From Nigeria in Africa.
    I have higher national diploma in Statistics.
    I have the interest of building a global fund that will see to the welfare of the less privileged ones. Pay school fees of people that require such help, check and control reviewing ailments, such as HIV/AIDS, VVF, down syndrome, albino, etc and settlement of healthcare bills of the down trodden.
    Undertaking this course is very crucial to feat above and will enhance our credibility in the nearest time.

Hello Dike, Iam Ufok Ibekwe a Lawyer by profession based in Abuja. I look forward to more interactions from you as we commence this course soon

• @Biswashchepang said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hello everyone, my name is Biswash and iam joining from Kathmandu, Nepal. Iam currently working at King's College, Kathmandu, Nepal. Iam working as MBA Coordinator of MBA Nonprofit and MBA Agribusiness degree. My goal is to grab the technical, theoretical concept of fundraising skills so that i can teach other graduates in MBA Nonprofit course as well as apply the concept in NGO/INGO where i might work in near future. I would love to work in team in the near future after. I have worked in a few organizations where i have been directly involved in fundraising and grant writing. I would love to write more in class later.

Hi Bisswash, Iam Ufok Ibekwe from Abuja , Nigeria. Iam a Lawyer by profession. I look forward to more interactions from you as we commence this course soon. I love you MBA non profit and MBA Agrobusiness degrees. As we proceed on this course I hope to know more from you. Thanks

• @sldeal said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

@VDAnna said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

@KelechiIhejiaba said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Dear Sherry,

Hi Sherry,
    Veronika

Hi Veronika,
    Thanks so much for the heads up. I know my goal is a tough one. I was told of a church that tries to help ex-prisoners land a job. I'm not to sure what their success rate is like, but I've seen were good people made bad decision in life, but they now want to turn their life around and be able to support their family or just themselves. Mine is a dream that I would love to make a reality. This course is my first step. I so look forward to learning with everyone.

Hi Vero you have gotten a fine vision there. Iam Ufok Ibekwe from Nigeria . We will connect more

• Hello fellow students. My name is Judah Obadan. Joining you from Kaduna, Nigeria. Work as Chairman/CEO of Children non profit organization
    "For lack of knowledge, my people perish" and "Knowledge is power". So my main goal for studying is to amongst others, have a better understanding of " fundraising". With this understanding, should be able to raise funds to better the lives of the distressed children we reach out to in our communities.
    Two good heads they say, is better than one. Also, "one can chase a thousand but two will chase ten thousands". Strongly believe in team work. By working as a team, we learn from each other and make use of individual uniqueness.
    Looking forward to great and revealing experience during the course. Thank you

• @mechou said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hello everyone,My name is kugororoka gervais, i am joining from Burundi,Bujumbura.
    My goal is to gain skills that could help the head of the school to raise funds for the desadventaged and oppressed kids

Hi Kugororoka. Great job you are doing. Have similar passion of working with children and helping them. Children are leaders of tomorrow. If any nation/country wants a better, prosperous future, it must invest and take care of its children today. Welcome

1 Reply
  • Abeer Ali from Yemen is the head of a voluntary initiative concerned with relief, displaced persons, war displaced people and small projects. Dori is an organization and supervisor of the initiative. I plan for the monthly and annual tasks of work and I carry out field visits and monitor the cases and provide them with assistance. I want to establish an independent institution that cares for the poorest and their care. The course is because I want to develop my skills and not limit myself to a certain framework and develop the initiative as well

• @obajudah2014 said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

@mechou said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hello everyone,My name is kugororoka gervais, i am joining from Burundi,Bujumbura.

Hi Kugororoka. Great job you are doing. Have similar passion of working with children and helping them. Children are leaders of tomorrow. If any nation/country wants a better, prosperous future, it must invest and take care of its children today. Welcome

@kugororoka Hello my colleague I am from Yemen and am very happy to share ideas and cultures with you also your work is very beautiful and humane

• Hi my name is Ronewa. I'm joining from Midrand South Africa. I've recently just graduated from university and I'm looking to find creative ways of raising funds for PDI's in my local community. I am interested in joining a team for this course. I have no experience in fundraising but I am willing to learn...

• Hii
    My name is Navya
    I am from Delhi , India
    Currently I am doing my last year in school
    And I am taking this course to develop a new skill

D
    1 Reply

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Hello Everyone,

This is Armando Tapia, from Mexico City. Today I am re-launching my professional development, and searchind new opportunities. Currently I am not affiliated to any other initiative.

As I am developing my own company, I want to get the philantropy topics, already covered, from the very start of my enterprise.

I am open to join to a group, to discuss, and comparte learning. Since I am just about to learn, as much as I I can from this course.

• Hi Guys,

My name's Cheborion from Nairobi, Kenya.

I'm currently working with a non profit cancer awareness organization as the Head of Programs.

I'd like to polish up on my fundraising skills and get new perspectives and ideas in fundraising as well as build networks .

I'm excited to be part of this.

Hello Everyone,

Hi Wambui, pleasure to make your acquaintance. All the best in the course and I hope we can get the most out of this course.

• @Akina said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hello, I am Akina Lee from Hong Kong. I am a banker in private banking division. I wish to set up a charity fund for animals. Learning fundraising is an essential step towards my goal. I love to join a team for this course if possible.

Hello Akina. Welcome to this course and I hope this will be beneficial to you towards assisting you set up your charity. I'd be glad to be part of the team as I have an interest in the protection of endangered species and am looking to volunteer for a local charity in fundraising towards this.

What is your name? Where are you joining from?
    Hi I am Angelique and I am joining from South Africa

Are you working for an organization? If so, what is your role?
    Fundraising Manager for Meals on Wheels Community Services South Africa

What are your goals for the course and how do you plan to apply them in your work?
    Seeing that I am new to the Fundraising platform I just want to lay the foundation first to apply this in my work place as best as I can on a day to day basis and grow each day.

Are you interested in joining a team for this course? We have heard that learners who work in teams are more successful in meeting their learning objectives in the course.
    I am ok to be on my own thanks

Do you have any experience related to this course? If so, please share it with us. We’d love to hear more about your expertise!
    no

• Hello everyone!
    My name is Margaret Leslie and I currently work for a Nigerian based conglomerate in Tanzania. I often come across cases that require fund raising skills and cannot be catered to by the company's common charity foundation. I hope to learn essential skills that will assist me in successfully conducting fund raising activities. I would love to be a part of a learning team and I am fairly new in the respective field.

Hello Everyone,

Hi Wambui, it's a pleasure to find a fellow East African on the platform.

• My name is William Femi Dare, from Lagos, Nigeria.
    I'm the founder of Willow Empowerment For Grass Root Development Initiative NGO. We promote organic farming, we mitigating climate change, and give technological assistant to farmers.
    My goal is fundraise to my organisation, so as to enable us build a network in Nigeria and the continent of Africa.

• Hi, my name is Karina Oconitrillo but call me Kari. I’m from Costa Rica. Now I’m working for BAT( British American Tobbaco) as a sourcing analyst. My goals are to learn as much as I can and use all this knowledge to improve my work skills. I’m very interested in joining a team, I think is very important to know how to work with other people.

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

My name is Jaybid Justice Ofosu-Appiah from Ghana. Yes I am working with an organization called Akwaaba Africa I'm the CEO of the organization. My goal is to learn and become a good strategic leader for people I work with and render services to. Well an an amateur to this course.

• Hi everyone!
    my name is Cristina Carrasquillo, and I am joining from Puerto Rico. I work for a non-profit organisation as the director of development. I hope to learn the basics of fundraising, as I am just staring to navigate the world of fundraising for the first time. I spend most of my time searching for foundations that align with our work to seek funding through grantwriting, but I really would like to learn other ways of fundraising so that we don't depend solely on foundation giving. I would like to join a team, and I hope I get advise on how to. Most of my experience is with foundation support. I am in the process of creating a crowdfunding campaign, but have heard that, before soliciting for money, I need to be aware the law and tax requirements of the state from which we get the donations. I am stuck with that question. Also, it doesn't say the time of the course. Can someone let me know so I can arrange my schedule? Thank you and I'm looking forward to learning from you all.

M
    1 Reply
  • Hi I'm Ryan Sucipto from Indonesia. Currently I'm still 22-years old but I'm blessed to be able to Innitiate Social Designee, a creativity based social community in Indonesia. Our vision is to create a positive social ecosystem for young people, so they can solve social problem and innovation through their creativity. Our current activity is local community development in rural area. We're currently developing 18 villages by empowering 1400 volunteers with various backgrounds.

I'm interested to learn about Fundraising so our movement can stay sustainable and scale to even wider reach. Reaching remote village to truly make a positive social ecosystem. I'm really interested to join a team, especially a team of youth so we can understand better how young people can contribute in nonprofit issues.

Warm Regards,
    #MahasiswaSosial (meaning : social student)

T
    R
    3 Replies
    1. Hi Everyone. My name is Paul Oluyi. From Lagos Nigeria.
    2. I work for a reputable Non for Profit Organization in my country. I am saddled with the responsibilities of a Program Officer, who is to create, get funding and implement programs, to mention but few.
    3. My goal is to learn an effective and efficient way to get funding opportunities for my Organization to aid the smooth implementation of sustainable programs.
    4. I am a team worker, I'd worked with teams in the past which brought a speedy success. It interests me to work with a team.
    5. No.
    T
    1 Reply

Hello Learners,

Happy learning!

Deepak Bijaya Padhi. I am from Skill Shalla Foundation, Mumbai, India
      Yes I am working for Skill Shalla Foundation as a GM-Partner Development.
      Fundraising is a task with creativity. So I want to learn this art to apply it when I am in field.
      I agree too that the learning in team is the best method of experiential learning. So I would love to join a team. any one from any country, I have no restriction in geography, caste, creed or gender.
      I was working with Yuva Parivartan (Kherwadi Social Welfare Association) as Manager Partnerships where a part of my role was to raise funds from corporate donors, individual donors, Government agencies and other distinguished NGOs.
    T
    1 Reply
  • @navyaagarwal said in Introduce Yourself in Introduction to Fundraising (May)!:

Hii
    My name is Navya
    I am from Delhi , India
    Currently I am doing my last year in school
    And I am taking this course to develop a new skill

Hi Navya, its Deepak form Mumbai. Happy to see a fellow Indian on these platform.

M
    1 Reply
Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.