Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Share your best practices! -Systems, Tools, and Processes

Hi everyone,

We here at Philanthropy University recognize that you guys, our learners, are experts in what you do. For that reason, we want to to hear your best practices for common challenges you face in your work.

Make sure to click the “vote” button on others’ responses that you agree with or are helpful to you!

• What online tools have been most beneficial to your organization? Can you share them with the community here?
    N
    S
    4 Replies
  • 40 Replies
  • The tools we use:

• Work break down structures

• Critical path analysis

• Gantt Chart

• Resource scheduling

2 Replies
  • @unia said in Share your best practices!:

The tools we use:

• Critical path analysis

• Gantt Chart

• Resource scheduling

Great stuff @Unia - we use plenty of Gantt charts over here as well :) . Do you have any resources you can share about work breakdown structures or critical path analyses?

• @jason said in Share your best practices!:

Hi everyone,

We here at Philanthropy University recognize that you guys, our learners, are experts in what you do. For that reason, we want to to hear your best practices for common challenges you face in your work.

Make sure to click the “vote” button on others’ responses that you agree with or are helpful to you!

• What online tools have been most beneficial to your organization? Can you share them with the community here?

Would like to know if many are using Business Process Management (BPM) tools. If Yes, may I ask what the BPM tools used are. Thank you.

A
    2 Replies
  • @jassoc said in Share your best practices!:

Would like to know if many are using Business Process Management (BPM) tools. If Yes, may I ask what the BPM tools used are. Thank you.

Great question @jassoc !

What do you think everyone? ( @all )

@Unia do you have ideas?

M
    1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

The online tools have been most beneficial to our organization is Microsoft office.

We use this to break down structure, analysis our work and path, Gantt chart, and analysis resources.

@jason said in Share your best practices!:

Hi everyone,

@jassoc I have worked on one of the BPM tools from Oracle. These tools are basically used to create interactive graphs and charts of the business working. It helps mainly to perform complicated calculations or analysis fast and interactive. Thank you.

1 Reply
  • @unia said in Share your best practices!:

The tools we use:

• Critical path analysis

• Gantt Chart

• Resource scheduling

Awesome, I hope to learn these tools and how to use them from you. I shall appreciate it a lot.

• @abhishekpandey19 said in Share your best practices!:

@jassoc said in Share your best practices!:

Hi everyone,

@jassoc I have worked on one of the BPM tools from Oracle. These tools are basically used to create interactive graphs and charts of the business working. It helps mainly to perform complicated calculations or analysis fast and interactive. Thank you.

Hi everyone,
    Please, we don't use any of those tools and I shall be grateful to learn them as they will enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of our work. High regards.

A
    1 Reply
  • really looking forward to develope new skills from you

• @6402 said in Share your best practices!:

@abhishekpandey19 said in Share your best practices!:

Hi everyone,

Hi everyone,
    Please, we don't use any of those tools and I shall be grateful to learn them as they will enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of our work. High regards.

@6402 @Mwanzia
    These tools require high-end system requirements and are mostly paid software. I would recommend to once go through these tools and understand what is the need for this tool in your organization. Thank you.

1 Reply
  • @abhishekpandey19 said in Share your best practices!:

@6402 said in Share your best practices!:

Hi everyone,

Hi everyone,

@6402 @Mwanzia
    These tools require high-end system requirements and are mostly paid software. I would recommend to once go through these tools and understand what is the need for this tool in your organization. Thank you.

Thank you very much for the replies. A special thanks to the person who mentioned of Oracle. In recent study I conducted, it was determined that Oracle is an integrated BPM application. Would you say that is correct. I also considered best of breed applications for BPM. Thanks again.

A
    1 Reply

@6402 said in Share your best practices!:

Hi everyone,

Hi everyone,

@6402 @Mwanzia

Thank you very much for the replies. A special thanks to the person who mentioned of Oracle. In recent study I conducted, it was determined that Oracle is an integrated BPM application. Would you say that is correct. I also considered best of breed applications for BPM. Thanks again.

@jassoc
    I am glad that my response helped you in some way. Yes, Oracle is a package of many tools integrated with it. Thank you.

• Hi everyone, we do not use any of these tools. Hence, I am here so anxious to learn them and share with my partners in our region so as to enhance our efficiency and accuracy of our Project analysis and Management.

• Haven't used any of those tools yet. Looking forward to learning all of them through this course.

• Hi everyone,

We are rather new to M&E and had recently completed our Theory of Change. At the moment, we are using Microsoft office (excel) to manage data collected. I guess ours is a theory based M&E tool? Thanks.

• Looking forward to learning...

• for me i try to learn new to tools to make my jobs essay to manage, and we use that:
    -Work break down structures
    -Critical path analysis
    -Gantt Chart
    -Resource scheduling
    -focus

• Hi
    The BMP tools that have been beneficial to us as an organization are - Flow charts

• Currently we have no set of tools. We are trying to create one that will help us. Hoping to learn the different tools that we could use.

• Am glad to be part of this great team. We are a small organization and barely use these tools in our organization. I hope to learn a lot from you guys. Cheers!

• I haven't use any of those tools..looking forward to learning

BPM

BPM is new to me. Looking forward to learn more

• @jason said in Share your best practices!:

Hi everyone,

Ans:Google docs, Linkedin Learning, Anymeeting.com, Gotomeetings.com

N
    1 Reply
  • @nminds said in Share your best practices!:

Hi everyone,

Ans:

(1)Google docs to collaborate and for document sharing.

(2) Anymeeting.com & Gotomeetings.com for virtual meetings
    ( 3) and most of the project managament tools mentioned above like the gnatt charts, Work Breakdown structure, Critical Path Analysis, Resource Scheduling however I have never used the BPM...

Cheers!

• @nminds said in Share your best practices!:

@nminds said in Share your best practices!:

Hi everyone,

Ans:

( 3) and most of the project managament tools mentioned above like the gnatt charts, Work Breakdown structure, Critical Path Analysis, Resource Scheduling however I have never used the BPM...

Cheers!

Myself and colleagues have used googledocs for sharing documents that are more than 25MB. We have also used Hangouts for virtual meetings. We have had a masterclass for deployment of Office 365 and are awaiting roll - out to see how it creates a seamless work environment similar to googledocs. We hace used work break down schedule in a different way but not as is explained in this course. This course provides improvement to the work break down schedule we have used previsously.

N
    1 Reply
  • @uaminu said in Share your best practices!:

Hi everyone,

Ans:

Cheers!

Myself and colleagues have used googledocs for sharing documents that are more than 25MB. We have also used Hangouts for virtual meetings. We have had a masterclass for deployment of Office 365 and are awaiting roll - out to see how it creates a seamless work environment similar to googledocs. We hace used work break down schedule in a different way but not as is explained in this course. This course provides improvement to the work break down schedule we have used previsously.

@Uaminu
    Great stuff! I'm looking forward to learning and sharing knowledge....

Thanks

• Have used googledocs
    Work Breakdown schedule
    and Hangout for virtual meetings
    Have undergone a masterclass training for using Office 365. My organisation in the process of obtaining license to deploy Office 365.

1 Reply
  • Have use googledoc and excel
    use Cmap tool for creating critical path method for my projects
    Have undergone a masterclass on using excel to track projects
    Use skype and google hangout for virtual meetings

• This is great stuff. I look forward to learning and gaining more knowledge from this platform. So far I have only used Microsoft office and i am willing to learn more.

• @mark_g said in Share your best practices!:

Great question @jassoc !

What do you think everyone? ( @all )

@Unia do you have ideas?

This is a great question, I would also like to know more about this.

• We use google docs for sharing and editing documents. We also use skype for meetings. Would like to learn more about other platforms mentioned here.

A
    1 Reply
  • @jason said in Share your best practices! -Systems, Tools, and Processes:

Hi everyone,

We haven't used any of the tools mentioned, I am eager to learn more

• We use facebook messenger and google doc

• Looking forward to learn too

Joshua

• @bridget_amarahub said in Share your best practices! -Systems, Tools, and Processes:

We use google docs for sharing and editing documents. We also use skype for meetings. Would like to learn more about other platforms mentioned here.

you use google hangout to chat.

• @uaminu said in Share your best practices! -Systems, Tools, and Processes:

Have used googledocs
    Work Breakdown schedule
    Have undergone a masterclass training for using Office 365. My organisation in the process of obtaining license to deploy Office 365.

more to that

1 Reply
  • @mcsamchis said in Share your best practices! -Systems, Tools, and Processes:

@uaminu said in Share your best practices! -Systems, Tools, and Processes:

Have used googledocs
    Work Breakdown schedule

more to that

Thanks. The use of office 365 is quite exhilirating as it is.

• @6402 said in Share your best practices! -Systems, Tools, and Processes:

The tools we use:

Work break down structures

Critical path analysis

Gantt Chart

Resource scheduling

Hello every one ,this what we are using
    The tools we use:

-Work break down structures
    -Critical path analysis
    -Gantt Chart
    -Resource scheduling

• Me and my team have used googledocs
    Work Breakdown schedule and Hangout for virtual meetings, Have undergone a masterclass training for using Office 365. My organisation in the process of obtaining and enrolling Office 365.
    Thanks

• In my experience at the ICRC, we did not use the tools such as breakdown structure, critical path analysis, data collection, analysis tools, and resource scheduling in our project management approach. This often resulted in conflicts between teams due to a lack of clear communication and coordination. Instead, we relied on traditional methods, such as project proposal templates.

However, in recent years, we have started incorporating online tools into our work and have seen a significant improvement in our efficiency and effectiveness. The most beneficial tools for our organization have been project management software and communication platforms.

Project management software has helped us streamline our processes and track progress more accurately. Communication platforms have allowed us to stay connected with our teams and partners, even in the most remote and challenging environments. Data collection and analysis tools have enabled us to gather and analyze data in real-time, making informed decisions and adapting our strategies accordingly.

I highly recommend these tools to the community here as they have greatly enhanced our work at the ICRC. They have not only improved our project management but also strengthened our collaboration and impact in humanitarian aid.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.