Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Weekly Welcome: Measurement, Evaluation, and Learning – 8 OCT 2018

Hello everyone!

Let's continue our weekly tradition of welcoming all of our new members in the Measurement, Evaluation, and Learning Community of Practice! We have 176 new members!

Welcome new members! We are thrilled that you have joined us. We hope that you use this space to connect with some of the people doing tremendous work in Measurement, Evaluation, and Learning around the world and help each other collaborate on important ideas!

Please respond and introduce yourselves to the Community! Please also tell us:

1: Why are you interested in Measurement, Evaluation, and Learning?

2: What is one thing you would like to discuss with the Community?

3: Anything else you would like to share :)

All other members ( @all ) : Please welcome our new members by replying to their posts and starting conversations around the topics they would like to discuss. Let's make sure everyone feels welcome and let's start collaborating!

Welcome all!

M
    2 Replies
  • 15 Replies
  • Thanks a lot Mark
    @mark_g said in Weekly Welcome: Measurement, Evaluation, and Learning – 8 OCT 2018:

Hello everyone!

Let's continue our weekly tradition of welcoming all of our new members in the Measurement, Evaluation, and Learning Community of Practice! We have 176 new members!

Welcome new members! We are thrilled that you have joined us. We hope that you use this space to connect with some of the people doing tremendous work in Measurement, Evaluation, and Learning around the world and help each other collaborate on important ideas!

All other members ( @all ) : Please welcome our new members by replying to their posts and starting conversations around the topics they would like to discuss. Let's make sure everyone feels welcome and let's start collaborating!

Welcome all!

A
    2 Replies
  • @manasgr8 said in Weekly Welcome: Measurement, Evaluation, and Learning – 8 OCT 2018:

Thanks a lot Mark
    @mark_g said in Weekly Welcome: Measurement, Evaluation, and Learning – 8 OCT 2018:

Hello everyone!

Welcome all!

You are welcome @manasgr8 .

A
    1 Reply
  • @mark_g said in Weekly Welcome: Measurement, Evaluation, and Learning – 8 OCT 2018:

Hello everyone!

Welcome all!

Welcome to all 176 new members.

• I am interested in this course, because i work in the M&E unit, this can help build my capacity and my team as well.
    I will like to discuss on data collection using mobile base app, open data kit (ODK). this application provides safe, paperless and easy to analyse data
    The assigment should be open all through without deadline, i have been facing challenges of internet, workload at the office, these gave me a minimal chance to carry out my asssigmet. i have not been able to submit any of the assigment

• Hi Mark, I'm interested in M&E because I need the knowledge to equip myself and to be able to conduct an M& E for my organization. I would also wish to discuss data collection using mobile devices as well as storing data too from the implementing stage to the end.

• Hi Mark,
    Hi All,
    I am Collins from Cameroon and I am interest in M&E as part of a carreer change plan .
    Besides all the great knowledge you will share here , what are the others tips to quickly and effectively join an M&E carreer in NGOs ?
    I am also a certified PMP and RMP .

1 Reply
  • Welcome and thank you for sharing! @manasgr8 @Mawusi @samueldavid @KCSDS @fozin

It is great to have you here! We hope you will come back and discuss ideas and questions often!

What do people ( @all ) think about @fozin's question: "Besides all the great knowledge you will share here , what are the others tips to quickly and effectively join an M&E carreer in NGOs ?"

• @fozin said in Weekly Welcome: Measurement, Evaluation, and Learning – 8 OCT 2018:

Hi Mark,
    Hi All,
    I am Collins from Cameroon and I am interest in M&E as part of a carreer change plan .
    Besides all the great knowledge you will share here , what are the others tips to quickly and effectively join an M&E carreer in NGOs ?

I major skill i think is very essential is the ability to foresee. foresight is very importance. and this is mostly acquired through lots of experience.

1 Reply
  • @mawusi said in Weekly Welcome: Measurement, Evaluation, and Learning – 8 OCT 2018:

@fozin said in Weekly Welcome: Measurement, Evaluation, and Learning – 8 OCT 2018:

Hi Mark,
    Hi All,

I major skill i think is very essential is the ability to foresee. foresight is very importance. and this is mostly acquired through lots of experience.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts @Mawusi!

• Hi all,
    my name is Anne. I'm originally from Nigeria, but I've been living in the UK and now the US. Our non-profit's HQ has recently moved to the US, but our projects are delivered in Madagascar, Ghana and Nigeria.
    I'm very interested in M&E especially from the lense of the beneficiary instead of the usual measurements with a donor focus. I have a Business background, not Development. I'm a Founder/CEO. I', looking for new thinking from from the perspective of the beneficiary.
    I have great hopes and can't wait to start!

1 Reply
  • Wow! that's great adventure and applaudable. timing meeting goals and objectives. Success

• @ripplesfoundation said in Weekly Welcome: Measurement, Evaluation, and Learning – 8 OCT 2018:

Hi all,
    my name is Anne. I'm originally from Nigeria, but I've been living in the UK and now the US. Our non-profit's HQ has recently moved to the US, but our projects are delivered in Madagascar, Ghana and Nigeria.
    I'm very interested in M&E especially from the lense of the beneficiary instead of the usual measurements with a donor focus. I have a Business background, not Development. I'm a Founder/CEO. I', looking for new thinking from from the perspective of the beneficiary.
    I have great hopes and can't wait to start!

you are welcome @RipplesFoundation. hopefully we will be sharing ideas soonest.

• @manasgr8 said in Weekly Welcome: Measurement, Evaluation, and Learning – 8 OCT 2018:

Thanks a lot Mark

Hello everyone!

Welcome all!

`Good day,
    My interest in MEL stems from its usefulness in need assessment as well as performance evaluation. I run an NGO that is working on a project and is evaluating its need and impact. I have no previous knowledge or experience and hope to learn as much as possible.

• Hi, it helps in improving the project implementation and documentation for learning and research.

• @Mawusi said in Weekly Welcome: Measurement, Evaluation, and Learning – 8 OCT 2018:

@manasgr8 said in Weekly Welcome: Measurement, Evaluation, and Learning – 8 OCT 2018:

Thanks a lot Mark

Hello everyone!

Welcome all!

You are welcome @manasgr8 .

Thanks for your welcoming. I am Abdiaziz Mohamed From somalia, i am M&E Officer. I expect i will benefit much from this course. Especially planning,logfram, Results based matrix ,indicator trucking,so on.
    +252612443733 email.Abdiaziz Mohamed168@gmail.com

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.