Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Weekly Welcome: Fundraising and Resource Mobilization - 2 OCT 2018

Hello everyone!

Let's continue our weekly tradition of welcoming all of our new members in the Fundraising and Resource Mobilization Community of Practice! We have 4256 new members!

Welcome new members! We are so excited to have you here. This is a great place to meet some of the people doing tremendous work in Fundraising and Resource Mobilization around the world and help each other collaborate on important ideas!

Please respond and introduce yourselves to the Community! Please also tell us:

1: What is one idea or question you would like to discuss in this Community?

2: Do you have any experience with Fundraising and Resource Mobilization? If so, tell us about it!

3: Anything else you would like to share :)

All other members ( @all ) : Please welcome our new members by replying to their posts! Let's make sure everyone feels welcome and is excited to collaborate.

Welcome all!

L
    L
    3 Replies
  • 8 Replies
  • Good day
    my name is Lyle I am from Cape Town South Africa and I am a politics and business administration student I think that would be sufficient information about me for now.

question, how do we structure proposals to bigger organisations and companies to help them with a specific cause? say I want to reach a few do I make 1 generic proposal or do I make specially tailored letters to each organisation?

no I do not have any experience I am busy setting up the foundation for an organisation that I want to start when I get back home.

I am a ardent Pan Africanist and as such issues such as violence against woman and children, xenophobia and education are high on my list of causes, I am also busy traveling around Africa, this is my 4th month of travel, observing cultural and societal norms and differences in different African states as well as working with local business and NGO start ups.

I think that pretty much covers it.

thank you.

D
    1 Reply
  • Good Day to everyone and the Ambassadors, my name is Omoh monday Joseph, Founder of Jeocity Heritage Foundation, honestly i have been finding it difficult to get donor each time i have an event i always end up using my fund for the event. I normally sent letter of invite explaining the programme and it important which also include the breaking down of my budget materials needed for the programme and it has never work for me.

• I am also having problem on how to write a standard proposal is terms of my indicator or in terms of conviction to my proposed donors and partners.
    Thank you.

• @mark_g said in Weekly Welcome: Fundraising and Resource Mobilization - 2 OCT 2018:

Hello everyone!

Let's continue our weekly tradition of welcoming all of our new members in the Fundraising and Resource Mobilization Community of Practice! We have 4256 new members!

Welcome new members! We are so excited to have you here. This is a great place to meet some of the people doing tremendous work in Fundraising and Resource Mobilization around the world and help each other collaborate on important ideas!

2: Do you have any experience with Fundraising and Resource Mobilization? If so, tell us about it!

All other members ( @all ) : Please welcome our new members by replying to their posts! Let's make sure everyone feels welcome and is excited to collaborate.

Welcome all!
    Hey, I'm Zara from Pakistan. I'm a student of business. Don't have such experience but I hope, on this platform I'll seek much useful information. Thanks

• Hi am Margaret from Ghana , I don't have much experience on fundraising can someone help me on how to writes a proposal?

• @mark_g said in Weekly Welcome: Fundraising and Resource Mobilization - 2 OCT 2018:

Hello everyone!

Welcome all!

Hello Everyone.
    I really want to know how to write letters, as well as talk about fundraising in such a way that it would get to the heart of the donors.
    I have a little experience with fund raising, which involves the use of social media,like facebook where we
    create awareness by telling people about us and also use the oppurtunity to show them pictures of what
    we have achieved so far and projects we desire to complete with their help.
    we also go to religious gatherings to solicit for funds, we write to companies, even individuals who
    have interest in what we are doing come forward to donate too.
    Thank You.
    Lizzy.

• @LyleRB said in Weekly Welcome: Fundraising and Resource Mobilization - 2 OCT 2018:

Good day
    my name is Lyle I am from Cape Town South Africa and I am a politics and business administration student I think that would be sufficient information about me for now.

question, how do we structure proposals to bigger organisations and companies to help them with a specific cause? say I want to reach a few do I make 1 generic proposal or do I make specially tailored letters to each organisation?

no I do not have any experience I am busy setting up the foundation for an organisation that I want to start when I get back home.

I am a ardent Pan Africanist and as such issues such as violence against woman and children, xenophobia and education are high on my list of causes, I am also busy traveling around Africa, this is my 4th month of travel, observing cultural and societal norms and differences in different African states as well as working with local business and NGO start ups.

I think that pretty much covers it.

thank you.

Hi Lyle,
    when developing a proposal it is crucial you tailor the proposal to align with the potential funding organizations goals and objectives. a funding organization usually has a set criteria for NGO's that have brought their proposals. therefore if your proposal does not meet the set requirements you will miss out.
    it is also imperative that you get an insight of what the funding organization would want to see in your proposal and even level of funding acceptable to the funding organizations is essential.
    You will get hundreds of closed doors, but you just need one open door that believes in your cause. Good luck!

• Hi I am Austin Nathaniel Dennis from Liberia West Africa. I serve as the senior Pastor of my church organization.

I want you to share with me your knowledge on fundsrasing and resource mobilization.

Thanks so much for your acceptance.

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.