Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Ayosoji Model College

Good day everyone, I am Olusegun Festus, I am working as sales manager with Dexamedica, i am team builder and business developer. The founder of Ayosoji Model College a non profit private school to give back to my community. I obtained my Bsc in Business administration management from bilingual university of Togo, National Diploma from federal polytechnic Bida and higher Diploam certificate in computer science from Olabisi onabanjo University. I joined his community to develop myself more in order to achieve more now and in the nearest future. Info.amcedu@gmail.com
    At Ayosoji Model College, We are providing free education for the sons and doughters of the less previleged in our community, I discovered that many children are rooming the streets everyday because of the lack of money to sponsor their education by their parents, I discovered that there are many children sleeping under the bridges in my community because their parents are no more and nowhere for them to go to for their up bringing, I discovered also that many children are subjected to hard laboure and sexual arasment before they can have a daily meal in my community. I am planning to have boarding facilities to cater for those with no parent, and day school for those that will choose to be staying with their respective parents. This is the mission I am giving to do on earth, In the past, I have tried a lot of entrepreneurs businesses which did not succeed because I was doing a wrong job. I am applying for this fund to remodeling and expand our school, I knew with helping hands these children can have a better tomorrow, I want to give them hope for a better future, hope for the hopeless, I want to be giving them happiness they are lacking that forced them to be sleeping under the bridges, I want to deliver them from their problems by putting smiles on their faces. But, There is no way I can achieve these without a support. Thanks in anticipation of your support of this mission.

N
    3 Replies
  • 13 Replies
  • @festusfaith said in Ayosoji Model College:

Good day everyone, I am Olusegun Festus, I am working as sales manager with Dexamedica, i am team builder and business developer. The founder of Ayosoji Model College a non profit private school to give back to my community. I obtained my Bsc in Business administration management from bilingual university of Togo, National Diploma from federal polytechnic Bida and higher Diploam certificate in computer science from Olabisi onabanjo University. I joined his community to develop myself more in order to achieve more now and in the nearest future. Info.amcedu@gmail.com
    At Ayosoji Model College, We are providing free education for the sons and doughters of the less previleged in our community, I discovered that many children are rooming the streets everyday because of the lack of money to sponsor their education by their parents, I discovered that there are many children sleeping under the bridges in my community because their parents are no more and nowhere for them to go to for their up bringing, I discovered also that many children are subjected to hard laboure and sexual arasment before they can have a daily meal in my community. I am planning to have boarding facilities to cater for those with no parent, and day school for those that will choose to be staying with their respective parents. This is the mission I am giving to do on earth, In the past, I have tried a lot of entrepreneurs businesses which did not succeed because I was doing a wrong job. I am applying for this fund to remodeling and expand our school, I knew with helping hands these children can have a better tomorrow, I want to give them hope for a better future, hope for the hopeless, I want to be giving them happiness they are lacking that forced them to be sleeping under the bridges, I want to deliver them from their problems by putting smiles on their faces. But, There is no way I can achieve these without a support. Thanks in anticipation of your support of this mission.

Thank you for sharing @Festusfaith

It sounds like a fantastic initiative. We are excited to have you here.

Do you have specific questions, ideas, or thoughts to share with this Community? It is a great place to discuss!

Thank you for posting :)

F
    1 Reply
  • @mark_g said in Ayosoji Model College:

@festusfaith said in Ayosoji Model College:

Thank you for sharing @Festusfaith

It sounds like a fantastic initiative. We are excited to have you here.

Do you have specific questions, ideas, or thoughts to share with this Community? It is a great place to discuss!

Thank you for posting :)

what can I do to get support for my school? in other words, what price must I pay in order to get funded?

1 Reply

what can I do to get support for my school? in other words, what price must I pay in order to get funded?

( @all ) What do others here think?

It would be great to share some advice with @Festusfaith and discuss!

1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

@mark_g said in Ayosoji Model College:

( @all ) What do others here think?

It would be great to share some advice with @Festusfaith and discuss!

For me, Ago need to understand the various ways to fund raise and everything concerning connecting with Donors and if he has been on this course he would have learnt how he could talk to prospective donors about his vision and mission and what the whole project is about... These are my thoughts..

• @Culatea

Identify your institutional structure to match donor "needs":

1. Faith based.
    2. Conservation education.
    3. Africa/Nigeria region.

These 3 areas are all highly prized "needs" in the donor pyramid.

You will have an innate understanding of annual cost of service delivery to Eden plus a strategic growth figure for 3/5/10 years. This should mandate how you source your funds (percentage). Grants and foundation capital support, private donor commitments.

The first place to start with grant money is Religious organisations coherent with your philosophy. Use grant and foundation registers such as FUNDS4NGOS to get good information on grant activities and pick ones where Eden meets the requirements: you will find MANY with your USP's.

For private donations take your story to social media. Engage people with tight, focused stories about animals and people - show outcomes and effective use of donations with real media. Make emotive donations simple: online, credit card and functional; CTA (call to action) click threw's and be sure to optimise repeat donations.

If you tackle areas synergistic they can be complimentary i.e social media can act as a form of PR and due diligence for grant foundations, foundation grants will create trust with private donors.

If you don't have a full time fundraiser then allocate tasking on a pro-rata time basis to volunteers - they are your advocates and are usually happy to help! Match the time to commitment to expected outcome i.e if your seeking a grant for 25% of annual funding they dedicate AT LEAST 25% of your work hours to meeting the grant makers needs.

Best of success to you.

1 Reply
  • Course Facilitator

@Festusfaith Seems that your school is also solving some social problems in Togo. In that case, you can also consider result-based financing, in which the donors will only pay for your achieved impact, rather than your activities. e.g. Reduced number of children subjected to hard labor and/or sexual harassment before they can have a daily meal in your community. This funding is even harder to raise in a sense and bear some risks of not getting it if impacts are not verified. Yet, it is an option. Philanthropy University also offers Result-Based Financing course. Next one will start on 29Oct: https://courses.philanthropyu.org/courses/course-v1:PhilanthropyU+ResultsFinancing_000+1_1.6_20180820_20181007/about

nice to have you on board Festus.
    this is a very great idea and will take alot of work input. please try i always share your progress no we can have inputs and contribution for you.

• Good day @ALL and nice day to you @Festus, you work in a nice place where lives are touched on a daily basics. for you to get funding for your schools is so easy if i may say because I have learn a lot from philanthropy university. The first thing you need to do is identify a busy market place in Lagos you know people comes to buy and sell on a daily basis. you will give to that community and the community will give back to you. It works like this, write a letter to the head of the market that your student will like to come do some sanitation, let your pupils speak about the project to the head of the market while you are there to guide and agree on a date with market authority. on the agreed date ensure all your pupils ware their school uniform to the market to carry out the cleaning. They will help the traders clean their shop and as the cleaning is going on some will be talking to the commuters, the bystanders etc. ensure it a place where the traffics is not much and display a banner of why you are doing the clean up at the entrance of the market so that anybody coming to the market can see. You can work with the market security after the end of the project you will raise some fund but you ensure to distribute flyer that have description of the school because i have done it before and if you really need to transform the school get a Television station to air it while the student work. you will be surprise at the out come.

• @ Festus. It's a great work you're doing here. There's nothing more than living to give back to the society we come from. It's a good thing you are doing what you love to do. I'm so sure thiswork will be a great success.

• Course Facilitator

@cjephgrave said in Ayosoji Model College:

@Culatea

1. Faith based.

You will have an innate understanding of annual cost of service delivery to Eden plus a strategic growth figure for 3/5/10 years. This should mandate how you source your funds (percentage). Grants and foundation capital support, private donor commitments.

The first place to start with grant money is Religious organisations coherent with your philosophy. Use grant and foundation registers such as FUNDS4NGOS to get good information on grant activities and pick ones where Eden meets the requirements: you will find MANY with your USP's.

For private donations take your story to social media. Engage people with tight, focused stories about animals and people - show outcomes and effective use of donations with real media. Make emotive donations simple: online, credit card and functional; CTA (call to action) click threw's and be sure to optimise repeat donations.

If you tackle areas synergistic they can be complimentary i.e social media can act as a form of PR and due diligence for grant foundations, foundation grants will create trust with private donors.

If you don't have a full time fundraiser then allocate tasking on a pro-rata time basis to volunteers - they are your advocates and are usually happy to help! Match the time to commitment to expected outcome i.e if your seeking a grant for 25% of annual funding they dedicate AT LEAST 25% of your work hours to meeting the grant makers needs.

Best of success to you.

Wow...these are all valid and very interesting advice you have blessed me with and I feel honoured and grateful for you sharing them with me. All your suggestions are well noted. Thank you very much.....

• @culatea said in Ayosoji Model College:

@cjephgrave said in Ayosoji Model College:

@Culatea

1. Faith based.

Best of success to you.

Wow...these are all valid and very interesting advice you have blessed me with and I feel honoured and grateful for you sharing them with me. All your suggestions are well noted. Thank you very much.....

Quite instructive and enriching. We shall explore all opportunities. Thank you

• well explained thanks

• Course Facilitator

Hi. Thank you for your information. You have introduced yourself, your program,

I think that in order for you to get support for your school, you need to identity donors who is in a strategic fit with your program, and starting communicating with them by making ask and thanking.

Also in your asking you need to put the costs of your program/project

Thank you

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.