Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Introduce yourself to the community! -Environment

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the Environment community of practice! My name is Jason and I’m a community manager here at Philanthropy University.

Please use this topic to introduce yourselves to everyone else in the community. What is your name? Where do you live? Where do you work? What is your role? Why did you choose to join this community?

S
    1 Reply
  • 9 Replies
  • Great to have you in this community @EkinsuOzkazanc! Do you work at an organization focused on environmental issues? What sort of work does it do?

• Hi everyone! My name is Julian, I'm from St. Louis, and I am in my second term as an AmeriCorps Member. I am currently serving as the Volunteer & Social Media Coordinator, AmeriCorps VISTA for AmeriCorps St. Louis. I joined this community because my organization serves the environment and communities affected by disaster. My organization is a corps of 35 AmeriCorps Members who are trained in trail building and maintenance, invasive species removal, and tree-felling. Our Members are also trained in disaster response and are currently deployed in Florida and Puerto Rico. I joined this group to learn about other organizations active in the environment.

• Hi everyone,

I am Adrian from Jamaica. I have been working in the environment and natural resources management and youth development area for the past 6 years. I am in the process of starting up an urban beekeeping business and also an NGO that focuses on Environmental and Social Entrepreneurship issues in Jamaica.

• Hello everyone!

My name is Michael, I'm from Lagos Nigeria, and I am currently have the desire for a clean healthier environment that's why i came up with the concept of Mi-Kachi Recycling.

I joined this community because my organization intends to begin a community service drive promoting recycling of waste in homes thereby reducing the impact of waste dumps on the society.

My organization is a startup with the potential to grow as we stay focused. I joined this group to learn about other organizations active in the environment and ways to collaborate with others to achieve greater good for humanity.

• Hi, my name is Fuad, I am from Azerbaijan and I work for WWF
    It is my pleasure to be here with you guys!
    Good luck in education!

• Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the Environment community of practice! My name is Hussein Orekoya from Nigeria. I am a Civil/Water Resources and Environmental Engineer. I worked with Hadejia Jama'are River Basin Development Authority, Kano for 3months. I presently work as a Safety Engineer for a housing construction project.

I founded an NGO/ Startup in 2016 as a platform for me and other passionate youths in my community to advocate and develop projects to achieve clean, healthy and sustainable environment with a change in perception and to promote the Sustainable Development Goals. The Organization, "My Environment is Mine Initiative" (me.mi pronounce, me my) focuses on clean water and sanitation, community health and hygiene, food security and nutrition, renewable and clean energies, and climate change and adaptation. Our activities includes; Environmental Safety Club, Environmental Writes, Environmental Arts, and Environmental Community Outreaches to support the World Days like; World Water, Earth, Environment, Toilet, Handwashing, Food Day(s).

I am glad to meet all of you and anticipate to work with you to achieve sustainable development of our environment. #myenviromentismine. You can connect with us on all social media handles @myenvironismine or with me @husseinorekoya.

Thank you!

• Namaste from me to you all from Peru. I wish to join this community because in January I am going to live in India and I hope that I can make connections and friends so we can co-create a better world together as a team. I am from England and 3 years ago left a long career in the ICT industry where I helped launch various silicon valley networking and security start-ups. I decided after a long period of life-changing circumstances that I had to live a life in the service of others and to that end gave everything away and started on this most interesting of journies. In January I will be on my way to Panchgani to volunteer with Initiatives of Change www.iofc.org I go there via Mumbai and Pune so if you happen to be in near those places please extend a friendly hand of welcome. In Peru I have been helping vulnerable children, working with street children with substance abuse issues and Orphans. I run a community education campaign on environmental and social justice, issues and solutions. I am a passionate advocate for change, starting with the change from within. You can see a little of what I have been doing along with my wife here https://www.facebook.com/munayandki/?modal=admin_todo_tour please contact me at munayandki@gmail.com

• Hi everyone,
    My names is Clement from Nigeria. I am an entrepreneur. I owned and manage my company with investment in food processing, agriculture and ICT. I like clean and healthy environment with a strong desire to eliminate indiscriminate dumping of refuse across cities in Nigeria. I've developed an effective waste collection method using ICT module. I wish to play a major part in tackling environmental challenges in Nigeria and beyond and join this community to learn from the experience of others with the same interest.

• Hello Everyone..
    My name is Sonal Dahatonde and I am from India. I am a Chartered Accountant and was working with Tetra Pak.
    I am looking forward to learn more about project management, specifically environmental projects. I am keen to blend my financial skills with PM skills and use it to make a positive difference to the world. Extremely excited to collaborate, network and connect with like minded individuals and achieve more together. Good Day!

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.