Please update your browser

We have detected that you are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from using
certain features. An update is required to improve your browsing experience.

Use the links below to upgrade your existing browser

Hello, visitor.

Register Now

• Introduction to community

My name is Alice Wanjiru from Kenya. I am so excited to go through this course and give practical solutions to my organization.

1 Reply
  • 5 Replies
  • @alicew said in Introduction to community:

My name is Alice Wanjiru from Kenya. I am so excited to go through this course and give practical solutions to my organization.

Welcome to the Fundraising and Resource Mobilization Community of Practice Alice! ( @AliceW)

This is not a course discussion, but rather a community for those interested in fundraising and resource mobilization to share ideas, ask questions, discuss their projects, and connect! If you are looking for a course discussion in one of our Fundraising courses, please proceed to the courses page.

While you are here, though, would you like to share some information about your organization and your role with this community? :) It would be great to hear what you are working on.

A
    1 Reply
  • @mark_g said in Introduction to community:

@alicew said in Introduction to community:

Welcome to the Fundraising and Resource Mobilization Community of Practice Alice! ( @AliceW)

This is not a course discussion, but rather a community for those interested in fundraising and resource mobilization to share ideas, ask questions, discuss their projects, and connect! If you are looking for a course discussion in one of our Fundraising courses, please proceed to the courses page.

While you are here, though, would you like to share some information about your organization and your role with this community? :) It would be great to hear what you are working on.

Hello @Mark_G and the team,I am in a non-profit community based organization called Discover Me Initiative.I am the organizing secretary and we are working on fundraising to buy water tanks for a children home.

1 Reply

@mark_g said in Introduction to community:

Hello @Mark_G and the team,I am in a non-profit community based organization called Discover Me Initiative.I am the organizing secretary and we are working on fundraising to buy water tanks for a children home.

Hi @AliceW, thank you for following up!

That sounds like a great program! Do you have a website or any materials you would like to share here with the community?

What fundraising goals do you have? Are there questions or ideas about fundraising you would like to discuss with the community?

So great to have you here!

A
    1 Reply
  • @mark_g said in Introduction to community:

@mark_g said in Introduction to community:

Hi @AliceW, thank you for following up!

That sounds like a great program! Do you have a website or any materials you would like to share here with the community?

What fundraising goals do you have? Are there questions or ideas about fundraising you would like to discuss with the community?

So great to have you here!

Thank you for your reply @Mark_G A website is in process.But we have Facebook accounts for Discover Me Initiative and God With Us Children's Home.
    Our fundraising goal was to raise Kenyan Shillings 200,000 for purchasing and erecting two tanks.We have however scaled down to one tank and reduced the goal to Kenyan Shillings 60,000 as a realistic goal.The course is very convenient at this time when we are doing our first fundraising.

1 Reply

Thank you for your reply @Mark_G A website is in process.But we have Facebook accounts for Discover Me Initiative and God With Us Children's Home.
    Our fundraising goal was to raise Kenyan Shillings 200,000 for purchasing and erecting two tanks.We have however scaled down to one tank and reduced the goal to Kenyan Shillings 60,000 as a realistic goal.The course is very convenient at this time when we are doing our first fundraising.

That sounds great @AliceW! I encourage you to use this Community to make connections with others interested in Fundraising to share ideas, ask questions, and build your network! It is a really great place to connect with others :)

Reply to Topic

Looks like your connection to PhilanthropyU was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.